New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Good Friends, Great Axes IC

"Ok. I'm getting out of here before you guys get us kicked out of town." With that, Seldlon walked off following the magic key.

2. - Top - End - #542

BardGirl

Charlena saw Seldlon walk away and she followed, still wondering about the old woman's words. She knew elves often lived for a long time, but thousands of years. "Do you hate humans, too?" she asked.

3. - Top - End - #543

"I don't hate humans. You're just not worth getting to know well." Seldlon replied without looking back at her.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "We like flavor down here. Not northern oats, bread and water. Though that is imported from the West, expensive bean."
    [/SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaacblue72 View Post
    "Ok. I'm getting out of here before you guys get us kicked out of town." With that, Seldlon walked off following the magic key.
    Izzy smiles awkwardly, the drink's foul taste still coating her tongue. "Uh, flavor. If that's what you like to call it. Thanks for sharing." She then spots Charlena's eye-catching motley trailing after their elven companion. "Sorry, have to go!"

She follows Seldlon, although it does take a few moments to catch up to him and the bard.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Firbolg in the Playground

As Seldon walked, followed by the brightly dressed human and the constantly complaining half-elf, he could feel the temperature of the key shift as well as the colors. The closer he got to the door the warmer the key became, until he stood outside a row of warehouses in a side alley. One of the doors was in much better repair than the others, and the key now glowed a strong green. He also had to hold it wrapped in his shirt, like a dish just taken from boiling water.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

6. - Top - End - #546

"Fething wizards" Seldlon muttered under his breath. Keeping the key the wrapped in his shirt, he pushed the key into the lock and opened the door.

7. - Top - End - #547

The door swings open into a large space. While not crowded with boxes and shelves like a typical warehouse, the solitary room is far from empty. An alchemical lab is set up along one wall, with a small set of bookshelves on the one bordering it, though as of now those shelves are rather bare. A single cot sits in the center of the room, a pole behind it equipped with a stone that shines brightly enough to light up the surrounding area. Toward the back there is a small cupboard with a smokeless stove beside it.

It looks like this was a study, and was lived in for a while. It wouldn't take much to become a livable space for the party.

It didn't take long after the area had sunk in that the group realized there was someone missing. Eyvind hadn't followed them back from the marketplace.

8. - Top - End - #548

"Where is he? Did anyone see where he went? As much as I don't care about him personally, we can't leave someone with knowledge about what we're doing alone out there. Let's just hope it's not Razmor." Seldlon put his stuff down in one of the far corners. He walked back to the group, taking only his weapons with him. "I've never tracked a person in a city before but the principles should be the same.

9. - Top - End - #549

BardGirl

"So you've tracked people before?" Charlena asked, looking around. She wasn't much of a tracker at all. Maybe if she was, she wouldn't have been captured by bandits that one time. "What sort of things should we be looking for?"

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheDiplomancer View Post
    "So you've tracked people before?" Charlena asked, looking around. She wasn't much of a tracker at all. Maybe if she was, she wouldn't have been captured by bandits that one time. "What sort of things should we be looking for?"

"Things like, I don't know, Eyvind,"
    Izzy snaps, pacing back and forth. "This is such a strange place, who knows what could've happened to him!"

She throws the door open and stomps back out onto the street. "Come on, Seldlon, we have to find him, fast!."

11. - Top - End - #551

As Izzy lectured Charlena, the bard felt a ping in her mind.

Spoiler: Charlena
    Show
    A voice that sounds like Eyvind, but older speaks. I am Eyvind's brother. Parents worried. Retrieved and leaving. Sorry for trouble. Glad he is safe. He asked me to tell you. Sorry for trouble.

Charlena can recognize this as a Sending spell, like what Natar used in the desert earlier. Usually you have to be familiar with the subject to send,
    but scrying and a good description can clear that up. From what she had learned (in Bard School, for Bards) she has her next 25 words to respond or she can chose to dismiss the spell and ignore it.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2017-04-04 at 09:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552

Seldlon rushed out to catch up with Izzy but made sure to lock the door behind him. "First things first Izzy, let me go first so I can try to pick up a trail. Second I'd really appreciate it if you could watch my back out there. I'll be focused on the ground in front of me and I'm not used to the kind of predators that sneak up on you in cities." When they reached the market Seldlon took a look around to see what had changed since they left.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Seldlon rushed out to catch up with Izzy but made sure to lock the door behind him. "First things first Izzy, let me go first so I can try to pick up a trail. Second I'd really appreciate it if you could watch my back out there. I'll be focused on the ground in front of me and I'm not used to the kind of predators that sneak up on you in cities." When they reached the market Seldlon took a look around to see what had changed since they left.
    Izzy nods. "Right, right, you're the expert," she says bitterly, then walks behind him feeling completely useless. She wished Michelle were here, Michelle always knew what to do.
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2017-04-04 at 08:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #554

BardGirl

Charlena pursed her lips as she heard the message and sent back, Aw, I'll miss him. Tell the others. Glad he's safe. Say hi to him for me. She then looked to the rest and saw she was lagging behind. She ran up a bit and tapped Izzy on her shoulder. "Eyvind's brother took him home. That's why he's not been around."

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Charlena pursed her lips as she heard the message and sent back, Aw, I'll miss him. Tell the others. Glad he's safe. Say hi to him for me. She then looked to the rest and saw she was lagging behind. She ran up a bit and tapped Izzy on her shoulder. "Eyvind's brother took him home. That's why he's not been around."
    Izzy's shoulders slump. "Took him home? That's... that's good. I guess." She walks back to the home base."So it's just you and me then-and Seldlon- up against this mysterious materials thief."

16. - Top - End - #556

BardGirl

Charlena sighed a bit, missing the fact that, not too long ago, she was traveling with a much larger group. And she wasn't in a land that hated humans. "That sounds like the situation," she replied."Guess it's time to solve a mystery, huh?" At least there was some aspect to be excited about.

17. - Top - End - #557

"I'm going to assume that means we should sit down and work out a plan." Seldlon sat down on the floor of the warehouse and took a look at the bowl.

18. - Top - End - #558

The base of the bowl has some simple carvings in it. After tracing the marks, Seldlon can figure out the message.

Spoiler: Seldlon
    Show
    Market+South, moonrise

19. - Top - End - #559

Seldlon quickly explained to the others about getting the bowl from Bowl Boy. "and I think it's telling us to be at the south market at moonrise. Does anyone know when that is today?"

20. - Top - End - #560

BardGirl

Charlena looked around to the others. "Did we travel multiple time zones? I'm not even sure what part of the continent we're on!"

21. - Top - End - #561

Seldlon quickly explained to the others about getting the bowl from Bowl Boy. "and I think it's telling us to be at the south market at moonrise. Does anyone know when that is today?"
    Charlena looked around to the others. "Did we travel multiple time zones? I'm not even sure what part of the continent we're on!"
    Spoiler: Seldlon, Charlena
    Show
    What are time zones? Do you mean UMT (Universal Magic Time). And the way the sun looks it must be no more than an hour from sunset.

Note Charlena: You are on the southern end of the continent

22. - Top - End - #562

Seldlon got on one knee in between the other two, in order to make up for the height difference. What does everyone think of this plan? Charlena, you're a talker. When we get there you start talking to people. Act as though you have some stolen magical items to sell. If possible try to get the lay of the land in terms of criminal social structures. I'll hang back and try to find somewhere I can keep an eye on the area and hopefully cover you with my bow. If you hear the call of a snow eagle get out of there. Izzy, stick close to Charlena and, if things get messy, call your friend. If anyone gets separated from the group circle back here.

23. - Top - End - #563

BardGirl

Charlena raised an eyebrow at Seldlon. "I'm going to assume you didn't mean to insult me there, but you really think that no one is going to be suspicious of someone talking very loud in the black market? Someone's going to catch on."

24. - Top - End - #564

Seldlon sighed, "You're a bard. I trust you can come up with something better that yelling, "stolen stuff over here." You're a human so you already don't fit in. I hear that's a benefit when trying to deal with criminals. Also if people think you're acting strangely they'll probably just write it off to you being a usual poorly mannered human."

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Seldlon got on one knee in between the other two, in order to make up for the height difference. What does everyone think of this plan? Charlena, you're a talker. When we get there you start talking to people. Act as though you have some stolen magical items to sell. If possible try to get the lay of the land in terms of criminal social structures. I'll hang back and try to find somewhere I can keep an eye on the area and hopefully cover you with my bow. If you hear the call of a snow eagle get out of there. Izzy, stick close to Charlena and, if things get messy, call your friend. If anyone gets separated from the group circle back here.
    Seldlon sighed, "You're a bard. I trust you can come up with something better that yelling, "stolen stuff over here." You're a human so you already don't fit in. I hear that's a benefit when trying to deal with criminals. Also if people think you're acting strangely they'll probably just write it off to you being a usual poorly mannered human."
    Izzy crosses her arms. "Sounds like a good plan, but I don't think I can call my sister here in the city. But I'm not defenseless on my own either." She nods and turns to her remaining friend. "Charlena, you'll do wonderfully. You convinced Ser Isn't that we weren't mercenaries, a few lowlifes shouldn't give you any trouble."

26. - Top - End - #566

Seldlon stood up and said "See, you can do it. Anyway, if we're going to get there by sundown we need to leave very soon."

27. - Top - End - #567

A little over an hour later the sun starts lowering in the sky. As the party makes their way to the street corner the boy had given Seldlon they notice there is virtually no-one there.

Perception checks please

28. - Top - End - #568

Seldlon looked around the area.
    Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (1d20+10)[22]

29. - Top - End - #569

BardGirl

Charlena was confused but hoped Izzy was right about her propensity to figure out what was going on. At the very least, she could find something that would help.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+2)[10]