New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Siblings (*SPOILERS*)

Okay, am I the only one who really wants to see something like this? Elan gets really upset and angry about the loss of Nale. He shouts at all the other party members saying they don't know what he's going through, because all except from you-have-probably-guessed-where-this-is-going-by-now have no known siblings. But then Roy steps in to comfort his crestfallen comrade, telling him about Eric (remember Eric?), who died when he was a baby thanks to Eugene's experiments. Elan says he had no idea and feels terrible for being so shallow, bht Roy tells him its okay and the two engage in an incredibly rare happy embrace while Belkar makes a gay joke on the sidelines, resulting in V casting Silence on him to shut him up.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Siblings (*SPOILERS*)

Hmm, seems a little maudlin to me. Elan seems to be pretty much beyond Nale's death at this point. At least in that capacity.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kivzirrum View Post
    Hmm, seems a little maudlin to me. Elan seems to be pretty much beyond Nale's death at this point. At least in that capacity.
    Bard = High Charisma = Good chance to succeed Bluff check.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This seems highly out of character for Elan.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CardboardPizzas View Post
    Bard = High Charisma = Good chance to succeed Bluff check.
    Bluffing? Elan? That doesn't sounds right. And why should he do it? Sure Elan loves storys and clichees but he is smarter than causing artificial drama on a mission to save the world.

Even played straight it doesn't make much sense. Sure Elen didn't want Nale to die, much less in front of him and by their own father, but he acnowleges that Nale was a horrible person and that the world is not hurt by his absence. When Elan confronts Tarquin he might bring it up again, but it seems unlikely that it comes up with the Order. He still might mourn a while but getting upset about Nales death would be a bit extreme.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

I really should have stopped to consider these things. Mostly when I post anywhere I just put my feet up and let the hate roll in. This is actually quite a welcome relief from that. I love this community.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Dude only knew he had a brother for the last ~2 years of his life, and those are spent trying to kill Elan. He was Elan's brother, yes, and Elan wanted to have some form of relationship with him, but theres no reason at all for him to snap, saying things like "you don't know what its like!" Especially when he doesn't know whether or not anyone else knows what it's like, and heel, ELAN barely knows what its like.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

I really wonder what comic you've been reading where Elan hides his emotions until he explodes, as opposed to letting everyone around him know just what he's feeling at all times, and where the Order would be cruel enough to dismiss his losing the brother he never got to grow up with to the point where he'd feel the need to tell them all off.

Also, where Belkar is homophobic. You did notice the part where he hit on Roy despite knowing it was him, didn't you?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
    You did notice the part where he hit on Roy despite knowing it was him, didn't you?
    That was just to make him (temporarily her) uncomfortable. He didn't actually mean it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

A homophobic person wouldn't be comfortable pretending to be gay. I wasn't saying Belkar was bisexual.