[By The River]

Desulus tilts his head in confusion.

What's wrong with you, little one?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 17

[By The River]

Jinkei's fox ears fold down for the moment. "I can't hit you."

What happened to that determination? She groans and moans, apparently trying to make herself throw the punch, but... no dice.

"I... can't."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

[By The River]

Why not?

Desulus asks, gently.

I'm an eight hundred and ninety eight year old vampire. You aren't going to hurt me.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei struggles... then throws a weak punch.

"Eep?"

5. - Top - End - #95

By The River

Desulus sighs but nods all the same.

Better than not hitting at all.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei decides to try again. This time, she throws a stronger punch... and immediately flinches.

"Don't hurt me..." It dawns on her, finally, that she couldn't hurt him with that weaksauce punch. "Right..."

She throws another punch... it feels good. Nothing's changed, style-wise, but she's getting slightly more confident.

7. - Top - End - #97

By The River

Desulus makes corrections to her technique as she goes.

Strike with confidence, not fear. Do not be afraid of getting hit, that's inevitable in any fight. You're getting better.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

[Masq - Lynassah]

"There is almost nothing here there's only one of, " Lyn points out, shrugging as she pulls a small crystal flask from her bag. "And I did say it would be, highness." The mockery is slightly more obvious this time, and she glances wistfully at her bag, wishing she'd decided to make him a girl at the same time. Too late now though.

Should he drink it, Nassah will quickly sprout blonde fox ears and a long fox tail. Though the latter is likely quite uncomfortable, seeing as presumably his boxers are very much not made for a tail.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

"But getting hit hurts!"
    Jinkei whines. She's never gotten hit before.

"I want to hit, not get hit!"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

[Power Plant - Barricades]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The officer returns the salute and then looks over the units they brought along with them. "Our weapons are not nearly advanced enough to deal with this kind of terrorist so any help is appreciated. Do you have a engagement plan we can assist with? Right now we're just attempting to keep outsiders away. We haven't been informed about any plan to take down the terrorists yet."
    Samantha arches an eyebrow

Our plan was fairly straightforward: use our lockdown on the plant to prevent any meddling from the enemies. The probes negate their cloaking, and we kill 'em. Wraiths and Goliaths support the 'Fury in clearing out their air cover while the Marines and Banshees deal with their ground forces. There are tanks on standby if we need 'em.

At the castle, they told me to come here so I assumed you guys had something: we were going to coordinate our plans with whatever you had in mind so we don't walk on each other.

11. - Top - End - #101

By The River

Desulus shakes his head.

Getting hit is part of fighting, fox child. Everyone gets hit.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei cringes. Of course everyone gets hit. Much to her chagrin.

"I guess... I just have to hit first!"
    That said, she throws her strongest punch yet. "And incapacitate the enemy first, so I can run away before they... no. No more running away!" She keeps throwing punches as she says this.

13. - Top - End - #103

By The River

Desulus takes the punches with seemingly no issue.

That's more like it. We'll make a warrior of you yet. Keep trying.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei yells and keeps throwing punches until her arms tire, which doesn't take very long.

She starts to pant. "My arms... they feel like they're on fire. I always thought fighting was bad, but... I feel alive!"

15. - Top - End - #105

By the River

Desulus smiles at Jinkei's excitement. He moves to ruffle Jinkei's hair though less to annoy and more as an affectionate gesture. Still a little teasing though.

"Good work. Take a rest. It won't do you any good if you break yourself."
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-06-26 at 02:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Malechenar Castle - The Gardens]

"No, girlfriends! Not married. Also, he would have! Eventually."

Archie gets a bit of a shock when the head goes inert. "What." He looks around for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post

Samantha arches an eyebrow

Our plan was fairly straightforward: use our lockdown on the plant to prevent any meddling from the enemies. The probes negate their cloaking, and we kill 'em. Wraiths and Goliaths support the 'Fury in clearing out their air cover while the Marines and Banshees deal with their ground forces. There are tanks on standby if we need 'em.

At the castle, they told me to come here so I assumed you guys had something: we were going to coordinate our plans with whatever you had in mind so we don't walk on each other.

The officer shrugs. "Our warlocks are supposed to be working on something as we speak but I'm not completely sure what it is yet. It's all shush-shush for now. We could bring in some pragans to draw fire and provide some cover fire but how are you planning to stop them from detonating the bomb if you would succeed? Those guys are crazy."

Another head flies over, but it looks slightly different than the one Archie was talking to. "You people should just leave before you manage to make things worse. You already managed to upset my cousin pretty badly." It declares.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Desulus smiles at Jinkei's excitement. He moves to ruffle Jinkei's hair though less to annoy and more as an affectionate gesture. Still a little teasing though.

"Good work. Take a rest. It won't do you any good if you break yourself."

By the River

Jinkei doesn't mind much this time and even purrs at the gesture. "Thank you... Dessie." She says semi-jokingly.

"I'll definitely give it my all, next time!" As soon as her hands stop burning, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Another head flies over, but it looks slightly different than the one Archie was talking to. "You people should just leave before you manage to make things worse. You already managed to upset my cousin pretty badly." It declares.

Archie can't move, as he's a hologram. "I'm not really here, lady. Also, we wanted to help her grant her wish! Tell her to come back, please."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

The officer shrugs. "Our warlocks are supposed to be working on something as we speak but I'm not completely sure what it is yet. It's all shush-shush for now. We could bring in some pragans to draw fire and provide some cover fire but how are you planning to stop them from detonating the bomb if you would succeed? Those guys are crazy."
    Samantha smirks

It's maybe easiest to think of it as a Time Stop ability: they won't be able to detonate anything. Or frankly do anything with the building at all - the systems will all be frozen and unresponsive. Everything will just stop.

A bit optimistic, perhaps, though that is officially how it works.

Regardless: we're not going to do anything until you guys are ready and committed to whatever the final plan ends up being.

19. - Top - End - #109

By The River

Desulus raises an eyebrow at the nickname, though he still smiles.

Get some food in you. You aren't like me and won't recover by just sitting there.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

By The River

Jinkei somehow managed to get some food out and starts nomming on it. There are some mice too, as well.

"At some point I'll need to learn to survive out in the wilderness..."

21. - Top - End - #111

By The River

Desulus sits down and takes out another one of his blood bags and begins drinking.

Let's get you able to survive in a city before we worry about that.

He says in between drinks.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei looks at Desulus for a bit. "Tell me about your wife. I'm sorry I didn't let you continue before, I'll listen now."

23. - Top - End - #113

By The Rivers

Desulus frowns, taking another drink from his bag.

She was a human from one of the villages that I controlled at the time. We met by happenstance while on campaign. Got along. Ended up married. Eventually she accepted the idea of becoming a vampire in order to stay with me. Seems to have been a ploy. Because some months later she and her family came upon me and staked me in the heart. Maybe it was to give her the physical strength she thought she needed to pull off what she did. I have no idea. I eventually succumbed to the wound and went into stasis in the cave where you found me.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

((Sybil didn't even get to get married- she got killed by her crush.))

[Alt Masq - Lynassah]

Ego can really make one blind to otherwise obvious signs.

Lord Nassah takes the flask, and downs it in one gulp, because potions are meant to be drunk that way. Sure enough, the fox ears appear from within his hair, while the fluffy tail pushes his boxers down and out of the way, poking through a gap in the beach chair.

He turns his head to look at his tail, while tugging at the boxers to make sure they don't fall down. 'Well... dear, how do you wear clothes with this?'

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

"... so you were evil? Or, why would they feel the need to stake you? Wait... you said earlier that her friends thought killing you would cure her!"

Jinkei taps her chin in thought. "What aren't you telling me?"

26. - Top - End - #116

By The River

Desulus stares at Jinkei flatly.

I never claimed to be a particularly kind ruler. Though in reality she and her family came from one of the countries I had been at war with. Maybe it was a ploy to kill me from the beginning. I don't know. Maybe they thought they could use her vampirism to put me in a place of weakness and then once they had me where they wanted, cure her and move on to do whatever they had wanted to.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

"Maybe..." Jinkei nods. "Well, that's the past, I guess. What we can do now is make a better future, I suppose!" She smiles, then gets up.

"Now, let's get on with that training!"

When he responds, she'll keep training with him until nightfall. (Feel free to mention training areas of focus) Then, they'll find a place to turn in, she'll go to school and come back for more training. This will go on for the next two days, until one day she comes to meet Desulus in silence.

She doesn't say a word. Instead, she whips out her fan and starts blowing wind energy all over the place, practising her fighting moves while trying to let off some steam. If she's asked what's wrong, she'll reply: "Girlfriend trouble."

28. - Top - End - #118

By The River

Desulus looks up as the wind energy is thrown all about, nearly blowing away one of his blood bags much to his annoyance.

What happened exactly?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei is silent for a while. The wind energy seems to have been joined with sound waves. Desulus might start to see things that aren't there.

"You know, macked with a girl, told my girlfriend about it, got insulted, slapped her in the face, other girl got mad that I slapped her and told me off, and I...." Her voice cracks, as she can't continue.

She continues doing her moves. Oh look, the one fan is actually two fans that can be attached together! She keeps up with the two-handed moves.

"I'm a screw-up, Des. I got so tired of not being in control I attempted to seize it by any means necessary. In doing so, I became the one thing I feared: becoming like Rochelle."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-06-27 at 04:04 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Masq - Lynassah]

"Unless I'm willing to go to a tailor..." Lyn laughs, reaching up to ruffle his ears. "I don't. I suggest you do the same for the next day or so." She shrugs, idly tugging at his boxers. "But up to you if you iprefer discomfort. At least you don't need to worry you're overdressed like you say I am..."