New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 17

1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 17

[By The River]

Jinkei nods and tries to attack Desulus with her fans. She seems to have improved a bit. The determination behind her attacks seems to have improved her tenacity some.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

By The River

Desulus deflects Jinkei's strikes and responds in kind with the kind of skill of someone who's had almost nine centuries to practice.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-06-27 at 11:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei lands on her butt while trying to dodge an attack. "Oof."

She gets up and rubs her butt, wincing. "Yeah yeah, thousand years too early..." She sounds down.

4. - Top - End - #154

By The River

Desulus steps forward and sets about dusting Jinkei off.

You'll get there. It takes time. You didn't think you'd pick things up THAT quickly did you?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Skies => The Power Plant]

Sszinyon maneuvers his bat down and around the shuttles, relying on the bat's echolocation to spot and avoid them. Once below their level of flight, the drow puts the false sun above them and turns his bat into a tight spiral, aiming to land on the roof of the central building. There he will quickly disengage from the saddle and jump to the roof, landing on silent feet. A few clicks should calm the bat and keep it immobile while the others disembark. The drow's free hand has drawn his repeating hand crossbow, and holds it ready against any unexpected enemies who might interfere before the others are off of the bat.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Masq - Lynassah]

"Unless I'm willing to go to a tailor..." Lyn laughs, reaching up to ruffle his ears. "I don't. I suggest you do the same for the next day or so." She shrugs, idly tugging at his boxers. "But up to you if you iprefer discomfort. At least you don't need to worry you're overdressed like you say I am..."
    Lord Nassah's eyes widen as he touches his own ears as well. 'Do I have... ah crap, I do have them.' Them as in two pair of ears- his original elf ones on the sides of his head, and the new fluffy fox ears closer to the top.

The latter ears fold down, as a look of 'I suddenly regret this' crosses Nassah's face.

'Just how long will this last?'

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

[Masq - Lynassah]

"A day or so. Not long." She shrugs, her tail curling up to drape itself over his chest, displaying a comfort in her vulpine attributes that may be a little insulting given his distinct lack of the same. "You'll know when it does. In the meantime, if you'd care for something to distract you, I could offer a massage?" Lyn smiles playfully at him, stroking his sides.

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Malechenar Castle - The Gardens]

Archie can't move, as he's a hologram. "I'm not really here, lady. Also, we wanted to help her grant her wish! Tell her to come back, please."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Samantha smirks

It's maybe easiest to think of it as a Time Stop ability: they won't be able to detonate anything. Or frankly do anything with the building at all - the systems will all be frozen and unresponsive. Everything will just stop.

A bit optimistic, perhaps, though that is officially how it works.

Regardless: we're not going to do anything until you guys are ready and committed to whatever the final plan ends up being.

"I don't believe you, I don't believe either of you. You're just here to take advantage on her." Ekene declares. "You might have managed to fool her with your false offers but you're not fooling me." She might just overheard what they were talking about.

[Power Plant Barricades]

"That sounds useful. Are you completely certain it will work though? They might blow up the entire city if something goes wrong. We're ready to commit to any plan you might have. We don't have much of one ourselves right now after all." The officer replies.

[Eastside - Abandoned Hospital]

As the bomb threat has caused most of the populace of riverside to evacuate in fear something stirs within the walls of old hospital. For so long it had slowly advanced it's territory to stretch outside it's prison, not satisfied with feeding on homeless looking for a place to sleep. But even the closest buildings residents were not enough, the population of the city was too scarce, too spread out. There was simply not enough of it's sustenance to go around.

But now it could feel it course through the entire city, everywhere it reached out it could feel it. The city reeked of fear, like a great buffet that had suddenly had been presented to it. This wasn't the first time but it might just as be the final time it had to endure it trapped within these walls. The first time was when it had been summoned here through a great fire. Later it had feed upon the injured people that had been taken to the hospital. Until it had been abandoned. It had learned it's lesson then to never announce it's presence too clearly. It's prey were too weak, too sensitive and retreat from it. For a long time it had been unable to feed on anything but strays walking into it's domain. Then came the second buffet in the form of creatures making its prey unable to give birth with their base right here in it's home. It hadn't minded their presence as the creatures were largely unaffected by fear but soon enough they had been driven away.

The third buffett came when a group of prey had dared to communicate with it, asking it to aid them against some enemy that had apparently invaded the city in exchange for access to their party of the city. It had devoured a few of them before agreeing to the deal. A deal which had never been honored yet it had still feed on the fear the invasion had caused, all the sickness and death that had spread over the city, so satisfying. It had extended its borders greatly yet still lacked the power to break free from this place, a weakness as it's prey sometimes learned of it and attempted to banish it. Every attempt so far had failed but they seemed to come closer each time, the last attempt even involving one of it's own kin.

But that was in the past now, as it grew in strength it felt the fetters that bond it to this place weaken allowing to reach out to locations it had never been able to influence before. Soon enough it would be able to touch the entire city and after that, the entire world.

But first it would make a visit to the deal breakers...

Fourth Tower Complex

As Kate is talking to Tep she can suddenly hear whispering, like someone else is talking nearby. It's unable to hear what the voices are saying however.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

[Power Plant Barricades]

Samantha nods and mutters a string of incompressible squeaks and yips into her communicator, then listens to the reply. She smirks and gives a thumbs-up to empty space...

then vanishes from sight or scan as if she had never been.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

Tep nods.
    "Yes, I believe he's been using those. But he is rather young, and he's never really used technology before. I'm sure you understand." he explains.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Desulus steps forward and sets about dusting Jinkei off.

You'll get there. It takes time. You didn't think you'd pick things up THAT quickly did you?
    By The River

Jinkei sighs. "Good point. More training is needed, then." Her reaction shows that yes, she did expect to have made more progress, so much that she didn't react to Desulus dusting her off.

If he hasn't already noticed, he'll notice that the tip of one of her tails is marked with light pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "I don't believe you, I don't believe either of you. You're just here to take advantage on her." Ekene declares. "You might have managed to fool her with your false offers but you're not fooling me." She might just overheard what they were talking about.

Archie keeps quiet as Ekene speaks. "Look at me: windpire with a permanent hat. No one can ever admire my handsome looks, and if I take off this glasses I run the risk of scaring everyone here to the point they'll attack me. At least, I have a body. If you had truly listened to everything we said, you'd have heard that. What else did you not hear, I wonder?"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-06-28 at 07:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

By The River

Jinkei sighs. "Good point. More training is needed, then." Her reaction shows that yes, she did expect to have made more progress, so much that she didn't react to Desulus dusting her off.

If he hasn't already noticed, he'll notice that the tip of one of her tails is marked with light pink.
    By The River

Desulus tilts his head at the pink tail.

What's that?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

By The River

Jinkei turns to look at the tail. "Oh, crap. It's a decision I regret. I ended up in bed with my ex's mother, and she did this to me. Incoming criticism in 3, 2, 1..."

14. - Top - End - #164

By The River

Desulus blinks at Jinkei, totally silent for quite a while, trying to formulate a response. Any response.

I... Have nothing for that.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei glances at the time. "Des, I gotta go. I know I can just call you, but I'd rather come find you. See where you hang out and all. Where can I find you?"

There's a pause as she waits for his reply, then she sighs. "You're a good friend, Des. The kind of friend I probably needed all this while." In fact, she's taking a liking to Desulus, but now's not the time for such things.

16. - Top - End - #166

By The River

Go to my home Castle Eramay.

Desulus offers Jinkei directions to his castle before nodding.

I suppose I'd best be moving. Sun will be up in an hour or two and I'd rather not get caught in it.

He doesn't make any particular attempt to move outside of looking away, oddly tired for an immortal who really doesn't NEED sleep strictly speaking.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei nods. "I'll be there, Des." She smiles mirthlessly. "Maybe then, we can talk about the benefits of vampirism."

Before he can react, she runs off.

18. - Top - End - #168

By The River

Desulus nearly chokes but before he can utter a word, Jinkei is gone. Sighing heavily he transforms into a swarm of bats and takes off flying back home.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Halfling in the Playground

[Power Plant]

"Ooohoho," says Caesa in Sszy's ear as they descend, "Is his grace not lovely, devouring spirit?" Her eyes flick to the eldar as he begins playing havoc with the sky.

Once they've made ground, or roof as it may be, Caesa disembarks with no great haste. She slides down the bat's side on her bum and slaps the concrete with her bare feet. She wiggles her toes, and enjoys the last of High places that she'll likely find occasion to travel for a short while. Even a few minutes inside the houses of Men (though this place was a house of power, not people) would be utter misery, but she would stomach it nevertheless.

The witch raises her hooded head to look about. Whether she's already under fire or not may make some difference in how quickly that occurs. The staff Splinter steadies her stature as she sways in the wind.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #170

Archie keeps quiet as Ekene speaks. "Look at me: windpire with a permanent hat. No one can ever admire my handsome looks, and if I take off this glasses I run the risk of scaring everyone here to the point they'll attack me. At least, I have a body. If you had truly listened to everything we said, you'd have heard that. What else did you not hear, I wonder?"

"Yes, you and your... friend, come out of nowhere talk to her once and then promise to give her a body and trying to charm her without expecting any kind of payment? Yeah, right. He might as well be Saint Molgadora herself and I'd still not believe you. If you're not gonna tell me what the two of you are after here, I can pretty much assume the worst. In fact, that you haven't told me yet doesn't exactly paint a good picture either." Her voice is filled with scorn.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-06-29 at 07:14 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

"Is it really so hard to believe that Ezra just wants to see Lihana happy? You're just looking out for your cousin, so you have a right to be suspicious." Archie shakes his head. "As for why he wants to see her happy, it's what he does. He has a pathological need to help others."

"There's only one thing he could be after, and even that's left for her to decide: her heart. Ezra likes women, you see, and the way he's been talking about her since we contacted each other... he likes her and doesn't want her distressed. That's all there is to it."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Masq - Lynassah]

"A day or so. Not long." She shrugs, her tail curling up to drape itself over his chest, displaying a comfort in her vulpine attributes that may be a little insulting given his distinct lack of the same. "You'll know when it does. In the meantime, if you'd care for something to distract you, I could offer a massage?" Lyn smiles playfully at him, stroking his sides.
    [Masq Beach]

Lord Nassah sighs, slumping back into his beach chair.

'You know what, go ahead,' he says, his fox ears still turned downwards.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Masq Beach]

"You gonna roll over then?" Lyn quirks an eyebrow at him curiously, pulling a small bottle from her bag. Seems she meant her offer... Perhaps more lierally than he took it.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Masq Beach]

'What?'

Nassah takes a moment to stare at her. Then he turns over in his chair.

'...yea.' He can't even believe himself.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-06-30 at 11:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside]

All the cultists collapse down onto the floor as they're hit, but only one of them actually have time to cry out as he isn't dead as he hits the floor. "Ahh! Ahh!" He cries out in sheer terror as he looks as his two dead companions. He still haven't even registered the demon, the pain and the shock taking up all his attention.

The ritual is of course disrupted, the entities they were attempting to appease send off waves of silent anger which will register as heat for anyone physical being approaching the summoning circle.
    [Westside]

The stray demon approaches, standing over the cultist and staring down at him ominously. o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

As Kate is talking to Tep she can suddenly hear whispering, like someone else is talking nearby. It's unable to hear what the voices are saying however.
    "Well, no one-hm?" She looks over her shoulder. That's odd, where is that coming from?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    [Masq Beach]

'What?'

Nassah takes a moment to stare at her. Then he turns over in his chair.

'...yea.' He can't even believe himself.

Lyn rolls her eyes again, but sets to work; the whatever-it-is in the flask (assuming that's what's on her hands as she starts to gently knead his shoulders) is surprisingly warm, a pleasant heat sinking deep into the muscles. As she goes on, it becomes clear that she's actually surprisingly skilled at this, and even if it perhaps wasn't what he had in mind, it is rather nice - whatever tension he's built up should be quickly fading by the time she's done with his upper body and starts to work on his legs.

Of course some of that relaxation could be because of a very mild dose of narcotics and sedatives slowly being absorbed through his skin as the alchemical concoction is spread over his body. But still, even without that, it would be rather nice.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Lynassah]

Lord Nassah is initially embarrassed, considering that they're on a public beach, but quickly fades away as the massage goes on.

If Lyn hadn't already noticed, he isn't very muscular. Instead, his build is closer to that of the pretty boy. Now that he's facing downwards, he could be mistaken for a lady.

His new foxtail flops over Lyn's skillful hands as she works down. His own arms drop off to the sides of the chair, the numerous gold bangles making dangling sounds as Nassah relaxes.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-07-01 at 12:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

[Windy Camp]

Archibald is resting on an invisible bench, his eyes skywards and his thoughts on the Nexus. Since he arrived, he'd spent all his time in The Biting Knife without having seen any of the outside world.

That changes today.

The windpire sits up and nods in approval at his camp. Set up just the way he likes it: windy and bare, save for a few necessities. The former is achieved by a wind dome, meaning anything inside the dome would be at the mercy of the wind forces.

30. - Top - End - #180

"Is it really so hard to believe that Ezra just wants to see Lihana happy? You're just looking out for your cousin, so you have a right to be suspicious." Archie shakes his head. "As for why he wants to see her happy, it's what he does. He has a pathological need to help others."

"There's only one thing he could be after, and even that's left for her to decide: her heart. Ezra likes women, you see, and the way he's been talking about her since we contacted each other... he likes her and doesn't want her distressed. That's all there is to it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Westside]

The stray demon approaches, standing over the cultist and staring down at him ominously. o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Well, no one-hm?" She looks over her shoulder. That's odd, where is that coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Fourth Tower Complex

Tep nods.
    "Yes, I believe he's been using those. But he is rather young, and he's never really used technology before. I'm sure you understand." he explains.

"I find it extremely difficult to believe, yes. I don't know either of you, but the fact that you're trying to pull this kind of things after, what, minutes? Hours after you met her strikes me as rather suspicious. So I'm not going to aid you with whatever you're attempting to pull. So good bye sir. I hope we won't meet again." Ekene replies before flying away.

[Westside]

The cultists swears loudly and pulls a ankh out of his robe. "S-stay back creature!" If not the demon manages to stop the cultist before he pulls up the ankh, it might find itself unable to move closer to him.

Fourth Tower Complex

Nothing seems to be amiss wherever Kate looks but as she attempts to focus there's some kind of static before her vision, like a computer with a malfunctioning graphic card. The whispers don't disappear either even if they grow fainter for a moment as she hears Tep's voice.