New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 17

1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 17

[Malechenar Castle - The Gardens]

"Ezra is incredibly patient to stand your presence, you wretched shrew! Look what you did, spoiling my pleasant day by showing up!" Archie barks out. "It's hard to believe Lihana is benefiting from your presence. In fact, I think you aim to hold her back."

Just then, Ezra returns and stares at Lihana's head. "What did you say to her, Archie?"
    "I told her about Axanot, sorry. And how is it that you stand that stupid head's presence?" He points to Ekene.

Ezra shakes his head. "Communicating with Ekene is an art form."

If Ekene doesn't return, he'll pick up the communication medallion and follow her. If any of the occupants are looking at Archie, they'd clearly see that he's a hologram and not really there. He doesn't really worry about Lihana discovering Axanot's existence, she was going to find out sooner or later.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

Tep raises an eyebrow.
    "Something amiss, Miss?" he asks.
    The demon looks about, narrowing his eyes. Something about the room right now seems vaguely familiar...
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

"I think..." Kate raises a hand, and there's a slight glow about it as Kate puts a mental shield on herself. That should right about clear up any casual attempts at mental messing; it's not a weak shield.

Tep will likely recognize the energy as holy.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

The being had expected some resistance, this place had been warded and so was apparently this thing. It could be possible for it to break through this shield but why bother when it could do so much else? It didn't think this creature was a part of the pact breakers anyway, just some morsel caught in between. No matter, they were all going to feed it anyway.

As Kate's shield appears, so does a thick mist that starts spreading through the complex. The mis is supernatural in that sense that it acts as a illusion yet isn't. The mist won't get into Kate's shield but it will be difficult to remove in any other way. If they look out the street outside, the mist seem to be there as well.

There are a lot of Ekene's heads around the gardens, none of them seem especially interested in talking to Ezra however and this seem to cause the people working on the farms to look rather worried.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

[Entrance]

Ezra turns off the medallion, effectively hanging up on Archie. He walks over to a worried farm worker.

"Greetings. May I ask what the trouble is?" Maybe they know what's up with the heads.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Power Plant

The cat slides softly off the bat as it lands, looking around for any entrance on the roof that might be gotten into.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hope I'm not cutting anyone off - it's getting a tad confusing with everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    [Club Pulse]

Listening in on so many people was pretty annoying overall. As soon as he nabs what little information he needs, Marcus is glad to relieve himself from the mind static. The gears turn in the young Wizard's head as he thinks of what to say. He takes a few steps toward the tall figure, close enough to speak quietly so that nobody else would pick up on the conversation.

"...Hey, you. 'Friend told me you might know a bit about where I could grab some, ah...extra hands." Runeheart tries to say as calmly and composed as possible. He wasn't too big on social cues, but he thought he could be convincing at times. "'Said a new lot came in not too long ago. A few worth some decent coin, even."

While attempting to gauge the person, Mark also keeps an eye out not only to give the impression that he's being genuine in asking about the slaves, but also to make sure nobody of importance, or worse yet, fit the description of his mark, decides to make an appearance.
    The character turns around. "And who might you be?" he demands harshly. "More importantly, who are you working for?"
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Power Plant

The cat slides softly off the bat as it lands, looking around for any entrance on the roof that might be gotten into.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hope I'm not cutting anyone off - it's getting a tad confusing with everyone here.

The character turns around. "And who might you be?" he demands harshly. "More importantly, who are you working for?"
    [Club Pulse]

Mark heard about stuff like this. Goons or middlemen tend to be trained to not trust easy and act pretty confrontational to drive out the narc's. Fortunately he also knew that those types of people tend to be underpayed.

"I'm not important. My boss's even less important. What does matter is I'm looking for business with coin to back it up. Doesn't do me much good without connections though." The Wizard says. "And if I were able to somehow find someone who had connections, I might owe them a certain weighty percentage of the purchase. Like a finder's fee, make sense? Now you wouldn't hapen'ta know anything about what I'm lookin' for, would you?"

It's around this point Marcus locks his stare with the other man's. Not challenging, rather than tempting.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2015-07-01 at 11:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Westside]

The cultists swears loudly and pulls a ankh out of his robe. "S-stay back creature!" If not the demon manages to stop the cultist before he pulls up the ankh, it might find itself unable to move closer to him.
    [Westside]

The cultist may be relieved when the looming demon seems no longer able to close in on him... then shocked when it simply disappears, the scabbarded sword hanging off its chest clattering to the floor. In the shadows, the swarm of black marbles observes the cultist, trying to determine if the ankh is enchanted with a magical protection, or if the materials it's made of are just somehow inimical to its form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

Tep nearly visibly shudders as the mist forms.
    "Not this again..." Tep says with a sigh, before brandishing his tome and extending a clawed hand, producing a grey smokey bubble around him as he did in the Abandoned Hospital which should negate demonic energy other than his around ten feet from him.
    "I don't suppose you know any good demon slayers, would you? Gonna need a few."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

"No, not in the slightest. I know someone that would be willing to try, but she would lack any specialized equipment."

Kate looks around a little. "What's actually going on? Should I be running for my life?"

11. - Top - End - #191

Fourth Tower Complex

The mist disappears completely as Tep produces his own shield. Becoming a mere sound of wind that goes through the building, causing a mirror to fall down on the floor, shattering into hundreds of pieces. Oh no, not the opposite mirror! D=

[Westside]

The ankh isn't itself enchanted and it's components and the materials they're made of are unimportant to it's function. Instead it's meant to symbolize a pact with some type of outsider and the cultist. This entity is now acting through the ankh, rejecting all other outsiders nearby. Destroying it or heavily altering it's form would probably break this pact.

Two of the heads turns to Ezrea and answers in perfect unison. "Liars and cheats. Perhaps you should consider starting out your next flirt with the fact you own a harem. Or maybe you just are sexually attracted to detached rotting heads."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Archie and his big mouth!

Ezra nods and looks at the heads apologetically. "I intended to tell Lihana, oh my, yes! I'm in an open relationship with two human women. I-- please, just let me see her, I'll explain everything, oh my!"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

"Just some stupid fear demon holed up in Eastside. It must be feeding off of the populace's emotions here. I had been waiting for Malechenar to give Sticks the resources to fight it, but apparently they're extremely slow to meet threats. Let's go." Tep says, waving a hand towards the entrance they came from.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fourth Tower Complex

"To be honest? This entire city strikes me to be like that. Just... doesn't respond promptly."

Kate, of course, doesn't really know what all is going on inside of Riverside, so she has improper information. Kate will pack up quickly and follow Tep if he leads.

15. - Top - End - #195

By The River

Des flies into his spot by the river, flying down as a swarm of bats and transforming into his normal body as he lands.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

"And I thought you'd forgotten about this place, Desulus.", comes a soft and feminine voice nearby.

It's Jinkei! Or at least, it looks like Jinkei would look if she were a century or two older, give or take. She didn't have four tails before. Her eyes are still green and foxlike, and there's a new never-before-seen scar at the top of her head. She's dressed in the robes of a temple priestess.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-04 at 02:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

By The River

Des looks over at Jinkei and nods his head.

Still older than you. I've had to learn to be good at remembering things.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei smiles. "Yes, I suppose so. It is good to see you, Desulus, though I wonder why you're here and not beside the me of this time-period." She looks rather thoughtful. "Though I could hardly blame you, I forgot your name, after all." She giggles.

"You can't be rid of me that easily, friend."

19. - Top - End - #199

By The River

Des looks at Jinkei, slightly off put by what she had said.

Well since you've aged a century or two, I could imagine there would be many reasons it could have possibly happened.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei smiles and reaches to pat Desulus. "Well, I'm from the future, after all. I haven't seen you since I quit the Biting Knife."

A realization dawns, and she looks at Desulus in a rather strange manner. "You mean you don't... hmm, tell me: where am I now? The present version of me?"

21. - Top - End - #201

By The River

You just got done beating your significant others and thought I'd turn you despite quite clear self restraint and maturity issues.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

[By The River]

Jinkei giggles. "Ah, the impulsiveness of youth. Give her a few years, Desulus."

She clears her throat. "Now, I'm a future version of her, and I have no memory of significant others." She places emphasis on the end of 'others', as if to imply that she's monogamous. "But from the way it was told to me, I rode my bicycle off a cliff. Praise Inari for that strange dragon lady, or I wouldn't be alive today."

She reaches over to touch Desulus softly. "You should go see her."

23. - Top - End - #203

By The River

Des looks vaguely irked by the touching but he makes no comment on it. Instead he sighs, hoping that he isn't about to get wrapped up in something.

Where is the foxchild?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

By The River

Jinkei is perceptive enough to notice Desulus' facial expression and slowly withdraws her arm.

"Foxside hospital, Intensive Care. Foxside is the Temple of Inari compounds, of which I am a priestess."

She smiles reassuringly. "Be at ease, dear Desulus. There's not much to fear. I'm alive, aren't I? You might need to remind her of who you are, though."

25. - Top - End - #205

By The River

I need someone to let me in. I cannot just walk into a temple.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

By The River

"Ah, yes that is a problem. I wouldn't want to be there, there's the chance someone I know would see me. Isn't it so much more fun when you're uncertain of the future?"

Jinkei looks deep into Desulus' eyes and intertwines her fingers. "I could drop a note over there, though. Nevermind how, I have my ways. Just tell me what you want to tell her."

She begins to hum and creates a square screen out of thin air. It's much like a TV screen. "And should you want to see her..."

A bandaged and broken Jinkei lays on the hospital bed as she whispers something to an older male kitsune. One of her legs and the entirety of her torso is in a cast, and her head is rather heavily bandaged.

27. - Top - End - #207

By The River

Des winches at the screen.

Just... Tell the fox child that I am watching and listening. Remind her who I am and where I can be found.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

By The River

Jinkei writes a few words on a piece of paper, then folds it neatly and throws it at the screen. "She'll get it in a few minutes. The sending was successful."

She snaps her fingers and the screen disappears. "You know, I can tell you for a fact that you were growing on her. I'm quite sure she'll apologize to you when you meet, but on the off-chance it doesn't occur to her, I would like to apologize on our behalf."

She bows her head in apology, inadvertently showing her scar. It's long faded and gives her a sort of hardened look, though her demeanour is a gentle and calm one.

"Forgive us, Desulus."

29. - Top - End - #209

By The River

Des waves away Jinkei's apology.

It's nothing. She is a child.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

By The River

Jinkei looks up and smiles. "On that, we can agree. One never realizes how childish she's being until she grows up and looks back on her actions." She raises up a finger. "Of course, the baby kangaroo does not know it is a baby until it gains its pouch. Wouldn't you agree?"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-04 at 06:38 PM.