New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Cleric in PF

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Cleric in PF

Is it just me, or is Cleric a lot less fun to play in PF (from a selfish, mechanically effective POV)? You still have good buffs and healing abilities, but without DMM: persist you just don't cut it as a melee heavy, and you don't have a great spell list to focus on casting (control and utility spells are missing). I mean, you play a cleric to help the party, but sometimes you wanna have your cake and eat it, too. And I haven't found a way to really do that (it doesn't help that there's a bard in the party). Am I overlooking something?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Cleric in PF

Really?

I've never had any problems with buff and snuff even without DMM. You just got to be a little more careful with prebuffing before combat. Clerics access to tons of great divinations helps with that.

Gets you hands on a familiar with hands (pathfinder official has like a million ways for anyone to get a familiar now.) and have it scroll or staff buff you. Tag it with imbue with spell ability and have it tag you with divine favor and shield of faith.

You can still smack the carp out of enemies just as hardcore as the rest of them AND you still have amazing summoning with sacred summons and fantastic BFC with spells like wall of stone.
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks