New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer & 40K RPGs Thread III: With Friends Like These, Who Needs Heresies?

I'm running a 1 shot for Deathwatch this weekend, using Genestealer Cult. Sadly it looks like all the fan-made stuff I can find has died.

I'm clearly gonna have to make my own stats for cultists. I'll use the GS from Creatures Anathema with Razor Sharp on their claws. I'll make an even Unnatural-er one with psyker powers as a Patriarch.

Any suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer & 40K RPGs Thread III: With Friends Like These, Who Needs Heresies?

I'm only a few sessions into playing in my first 40K game so I'm not familiar with the rules but I remember from the old wargame stuff that Genestealers have a thing called 'Brood Telepathy'. Where all Genestealers of a group are all telepathically connected to each other
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sinewmire View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Well obvious starting point is everything should be able to telepathically communicate with other 'stealers and cultists over long distances. Secondly I'd give them all the ability to dodge into bullets to protect the leadership trio of Patriarch, Magus and Primus.

Patriarch should probably be about as tough and strong as an Ogryn in carapace, as fast as if not faster than a genestealer and have a few psychic powers from telepathy.

A Magus is a good idea to add, as are the various cultist varients. Rough rule of thumb would be that the Magus and 3rd and 4th gens should be humans will higher willpower, roughly as much skill as guardsmen but with more stealth skills. The Magus should be a decently strong psyker with telepathy powers. Maybe psy rating 5 or 6.

Gen 1s and 2s and the Primus should be as tough as humans but have a strength bonus of 6 or so and genestealer claws. They're not as tough as actual 'stealers but they're almost as killy. Much more stealthy than normal humans. Heavy fondness for explosives and indifference to collateral damage would fit them as well.

Abberrations might be hard to fit in with the others, but a marine statline unarmoured bruiser with all the subtely of a brick wielding a power hammer leaping out of a squad transport to lead a charge or protecting the Magus would be quite fitting.

Individual cultists won't be a threat to marines, autoguns aren't much to worry about after all. I'd place a big emphasis on things like traps, ambushes and heavy lockable doors that buy time for cult forces to position.

A group of Neophytes popping up behind some rubble and plinking with autoguns so their buddy with a mining laser or demolition pack can skulk into a good position is how I'd expect the more humanoid ones to fight marines, and of course they can all chuck light explosives around or try to collapse a tunnel. If the heavy weapons guys or explsoive caddy go down the others either flee or try to hold the marines in place to buy other groups time to set up their own ambushes.

Acolyte's bursting from a side room and charging towards melee with things like bomb vests on a couple and a purestrain genestealer keeping an eye from a nearby air vent to see if there's a chance to join in at minimal risk is another tactic I'd use.

Demolition packs hooked to tripwires, shotguns rigged up at doorways and similar should also be a thing periodically.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sinewmire View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Purestrain Genestealers and Broodlords are in the book Mark of the Xenos, along with some Tyranid psychic powers.
    But Grim seems to have most of the bases covered.

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    I'm only a few sessions into playing in my first 40K game so I'm not familiar with the rules but I remember from the old wargame stuff that Genestealers have a thing called 'Brood Telepathy'. Where all Genestealers of a group are all telepathically connected to each other
    Yes, its basically constant communication with any other genestealer within 1km.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah, they basically all have psychic vox-units, and are immune to fear effects. They'll also kind of all stare blankly sometimes when the Brood overrides their normal thinking, is my plan.

Purestrain Genestealers and Broodlords are in the book Mark of the Xenos, along with some Tyranid psychic powers.
    But Grim seems to have most of the bases covered.
    Thanks Lightningcat, I'll try and find those - the BL will do nicely as a Patriarch, and the powers would be useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Portent View Post
    Well obvious starting point is everything should be able to telepathically communicate with other 'stealers and cultists over long distances. Secondly I'd give them all the ability to dodge into bullets to protect the leadership trio of Patriarch, Magus and Primus.

Patriarch should probably be about as tough and strong as an Ogryn in carapace, as fast as if not faster than a genestealer and have a few psychic powers from telepathy.
    Yeah, the fluff has one going up against a Terminator Librarian.

A Magus is a good idea to add, as are the various cultist varients. Rough rule of thumb would be that the Magus and 3rd and 4th gens should be humans will higher willpower, roughly as much skill as guardsmen but with more stealth skills. The Magus should be a decently strong psyker with telepathy powers. Maybe psy rating 5 or 6.
    I'd planned on the Magus being a secondary objective, along with the Primus. To make him a threat, I'll make him a bit higher than that, and give him some damage/defense abilities.

Gen 1s and 2s and the Primus should be as tough as humans but have a strength bonus of 6 or so and genestealer claws. They're not as tough as actual 'stealers but they're almost as killy. Much more stealthy than normal humans. Heavy fondness for explosives and indifference to collateral damage would fit them as well.
    Yeah, the Primacii will be the elite troops. I'll load them up with the tool style weapons (ie Breaching Augurs), as well as the odd special weapons like grenade launchers and flamers. By now they've got access to PDF/Mechanicus weapons.

Abberrations might be hard to fit in with the others, but a marine statline unarmoured bruiser with all the subtely of a brick wielding a power hammer leaping out of a squad transport to lead a charge or protecting the Magus would be quite fitting.
    I was thinking of using Ogryn statlines for the Maelignacii. Using them as minibosses, give them shock mauls, rock drills, that kind of thing.

Individual cultists won't be a threat to marines, autoguns aren't much to worry about after all. I'd place a big emphasis on things like traps, ambushes and heavy lockable doors that buy time for cult forces to position.

A group of Neophytes popping up behind some rubble and plinking with autoguns so their buddy with a mining laser or demolition pack can skulk into a good position is how I'd expect the more humanoid ones to fight marines, and of course they can all chuck light explosives around or try to collapse a tunnel. If the heavy weapons guys or explsoive caddy go down the others either flee or try to hold the marines in place to buy other groups time to set up their own ambushes.
    Yeah, Hordes of Brood Brother PDF troopers was my baseline enemy, whose main strength is that they're indistinguishable from loyalists. Space marines are proof against single autoguns, but Hordes get extra damage dice for high magnitude.

Acolytes bursting from a side room and charging towards melee with things like bomb vests on a couple and a purestrain genestealer keeping an eye from a nearby air vent to see if there's a chance to join in at minimal risk is another tactic I'd use.
    Demolition packs hooked to tripwires, shotguns rigged up at doorways and similar should also be a thing periodically.
    Good point, traps would defo be a thing once the marines get into the cult's home ground (refinery and mining complex - lots of nice stone tunnels). I try to avoid them usually, as it's a bit of a "gotcha" move, but a couple of players will be scouts, so that sort of thing would play up their strengths.

I'd planned on having carbombs of Arvus Lighters loaded with promethium/mining charges as the cult's version of artillery, or even actual artillery as they have access to military vox-network.

The problem with single 'stealers is that they will just get annihilated by the marines in a single round... so I suppose that's a tactic they'd only use once or twice. I was going to save the purestrains for important locations, and have a dozen or so attack at once.

I was toying with the idea of having some mechanically augmented cultists too, like the mechanicus assassins, as an unexpected surprise.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

May I ask another question about a WHFRP character one of my friends is making to lore-check his backstory, please?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

That's a big part of what the thread is for
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

I just don't want to annoy anyone.

In a nutshell, the guy is a Tilean Pit Fighter who learned his trade as a slave, his owner being a wealthy Tilean merchant who brought him to the Empire to win more money in their fight clubs, but the Empire's anti-slavery laws resulted in him getting freed. Since fighting is what he does best, he's now fighting for coin, whether in the pit or doing mercenary work, to raise enough money to free the rest of his family back in Tilea, who are still owned by the merchant.

Just trying to help the player iron out some details. My research indicates that, given medieval/Renaissance Italy had a solid slave trade (ESPECIALLY Venice), and that's what Tilea is based on, slavery would be found there, but would the Empire HAVE anti-slavery laws this guy could exploit to gain his freedom from the merchant? And furthermore, WHY would the merchant go to the Empire if he knew there were laws that would result in him losing his prize fighter, instead of going to, say, Araby, much like how the majority of the Italian slave trade went to the Moors in North Africa?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    In a nutshell, the guy is a Tilean Pit Fighter who learned his trade as a slave, his owner being a wealthy Tilean merchant who brought him to the Empire to win more money in their fight clubs, but the Empire's anti-slavery laws resulted in him getting freed. Since fighting is what he does best, he's now fighting for coin, whether in the pit or doing mercenary work, to raise enough money to free the rest of his family back in Tilea, who are still owned by the merchant.

Just trying to help the player iron out some details. My research indicates that, given medieval/Renaissance Italy had a solid slave trade (ESPECIALLY Venice), and that's what Tilea is based on, slavery would be found there, but would the Empire HAVE anti-slavery laws this guy could exploit to gain his freedom from the merchant? And furthermore, WHY would the merchant go to the Empire if he knew there were laws that would result in him losing his prize fighter, instead of going to, say, Araby, much like how the majority of the Italian slave trade went to the Moors in North Africa?
    The bolded is the heart of the problem. I'm not sure if the Empire have anti-slavery laws, certainly they don't seem in any of the games/books I can think of to have slavery of their own. However it's a big jump from not having slavery in your laws to pissing off other countries by stealing their property when they set foot on your soil. That seems like the kind of thing to cause diplomatic incidents, feuds and even wars over. And is really going to cut down on your trade when merchants can't bring their workforce with them

So I see two ways to go at it :

ONE : The Empire DOES have anti-slavery laws and the Pit Fighter was freed under them.
    Why ? To pick an idea lets say the Merchant brought him in to take place in illegal, underground games. Bigger risks but bigger profits and he got greedy. The games get busted and the Pit Fighter is freed

TWO : The Empire doesn't have anti-slavery laws. So the Pit Fighter must be freed in another fashion. I can think of a couple of reasons he might end up free.
    Gratitude : Perhaps he defeated a mighty opponent and won the Merchant so much money and renown he was freed as a reward. Or saved the Merchant from an attack by an assassin.
    Desperation : The Merchant has a bad season, desperately short of cash he volunteers his prize Pit Fighter in a fight where the odds are severely against him. As a motivator the Pit Fighter is promised his freedom if he wins. ( Or perhaps is promised his freedom if he takes a dive and lives )
    Luck : The Merchant dies suddenly in the Empire. With none of his family there his servants take the opportunity to loot his belongings while his slaves (including the Pit Fighter) take to the hills.
    Or a noble lady takes a fancy to him. Buys him, romances him and then dumps him when she gets bored (or her husband starts to get suspicious). But does at least give him his freedom.
    Last edited by comicshorse; 2018-02-02 at 03:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

I just don't want to annoy anyone.

Could always have the merchant and co. get jumped by Orcs going through the mountains. Or beastmen going through the forest. Merchant dies in the fighting, and the pit fighter is left with A: go to the Empire and be a mercenary, or B: go back to the place he got enslaved.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Dark Heresy 1e: Ascension question. Should/Would you allow a Primaris Psyker to continue to buy DH Psychic Disciplines / Powers / Minor Powers?

Assuming they have no advances left in their DH1 career ranks, it appears that Ascension takes this option away for psykers, but weirdly allows Interrogators and Inquisitors to keep gaining them.

If the RAW says you can't, I'm thinking of making it an Ascended Trait option for Primaris Psyker, with the costs being half what they are for Interrogators, which matches up with the costs of ascended powers in the PS ranks. Seem reasonable?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Dark Heresy 1e: Ascension question. Should/Would you allow a Primaris Psyker to continue to buy DH Psychic Disciplines / Powers / Minor Powers?

Assuming they have no advances left in their DH1 career ranks, it appears that Ascension takes this option away for psykers, but weirdly allows Interrogators and Inquisitors to keep gaining them.

If the RAW says you can't, I'm thinking of making it an Ascended Trait option for Primaris Psyker, with the costs being half what they are for Interrogators, which matches up with the costs of ascended powers in the PS ranks. Seem reasonable?
    Seems fine to me, no reason why they wouldn't keep gettin powers.

So i've finished creating my Chaos Fleet for the encounter. I added two Soul Cage Slave Transports to the fleet and decided that the Captain of the Hellbringer (whose name is The Defiler of Purity) is a Chaos Space Marine named Trayvus Volk, formerly of the Night Lords. As a former Nightlord, he clearly uses Intimidate instead of Command and his will be a 55. Now, in looking all of this over i cant find where you boost your underlings skill rolls with Command, so if someone could point out where that is id be very grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

13. - Top - End - #223
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Cross-posting this for anyone who doesnt also hang out in the 40K fluff thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    For anyone who's interesting in keeping tabs on the upcoming d6-based 40K RPG:

https://mailchi.mp/2293b89450ff/wrat...8?e=d4c39ae062

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

I like that idea a lot. I don't think it'll work but I like it.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Why don't you think it'll work?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't seen any of the ranges adequately balance guardsmen against marines against sisters against assassins before. I suppose perhaps I'm being unfair since its not FFG before but I think making such disparate levels of power balanced against each other is really really hard -especially with marines and guardsmen, say, who both fulfil broadly the same "shoot the guns until the bad men are dead" party role.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

I see what you mean. My own party sort of has that issue, where the Rogue Trader I play got his start as a Guardsman, and one of my companions is a Space Wolf scout...we KINDA meet in the middle?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

To be fair, we don't have a lot of comparison data. Literally the only 40K RPG system that has ever been printed is the FFG series. We know that isn't balanced inter-game, but when your sample size is (1), it's hard to objectively say that it can't be done.

Looking at their example, I think they're on the right track. The Guardsman elevated to a Throne Agent, intended to be equally valuable as the Space Marine, isn't just escalating his Shoot Stuff Good skills, at which the Marine is pretty much guaranteed to outclass him. He's branched out with knowledge, allies, and contacts that the Space Marine doesn't have, and likely might not ever be able to obtain. That was the flaw of FFG's approach - piling an extra 10,000 XP onto a Guardsman doesn't help when the Guardsman is still limited to only buying what his Career track will let him, which is only Shoot Stuff Good.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2018-02-03 at 02:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, we don't have a lot of comparison data. Literally the only 40K RPG system that has ever been printed is the FFG series. We know that isn't balanced inter-game, but when your sample size is (1), it's hard to objectively say that it can't be done.

Looking at their example, I think they're on the right track. The Guardsman elevated to a Throne Agent, intended to be equally valuable as the Space Marine, isn't just escalating his Shoot Stuff Good skills, at which the Marine is pretty much guaranteed to outclass him. He's branched out with knowledge, allies, and contacts that the Space Marine doesn't have, and likely might not ever be able to obtain. That was the flaw of FFG's approach - piling an extra 10,000 XP onto a Guardsman doesn't help when the Guardsman is still limited to only buying what his Career track will let him, which is only Shoot Stuff Good.
    That seems to be the way to do it. While a Guardsman shouldn't be a match for a genetically engineered killing machine in combat the Space Marine has, in all likelihood, never really talked to anyone who isn't a Space Marine ( or even probably not one outside his Chapter). Whereas an experienced Guardsman has grown up in a much less structured and restrictive environment. His made friends, allies and contacts (at least if he's made it past the first 15 hours he has)

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

That's a really good point, Glyphstone.

Honestly, if anything this new setup would make it even easier to model my Guardsman-turned-Rogue-Trader!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Agreed. If they're basing it vaguely around a Shadowrun style game it should work out ok. I mean, my Troll Gunslinger isn't as straight killy as our Gun Adept, but he's way tankier and has skills that the Gun Ad doesn't. Which is, as you say, the best way to balance them. Its probably why Black Crusade "worked" at all. The Humans had all the skills and the Marines just go murderilate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone know of any attempts to make a conversion of Deathwatch for a 30k campaign? It would presumably be relatively little work to put together a Knight-Errant game.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

What is the cooler and more awesome Warhammer Fantasy metal to get stuff made out of (in your opinions): gromril or ithilmar?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2018-02-04 at 02:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Does anyone know of any attempts to make a conversion of Deathwatch for a 30k campaign? It would presumably be relatively little work to put together a Knight-Errant game.
    I don't know, no but if I were to make a quick guess as to whats necessary:
    -Mark V, Mark IV and Mark VI pattern power armors, No Aquila
    -no need for a vast majority of the chapters, you can just cut it all down to twenty available legions, just take the chapter rules and treat them as your Legion rules
    -at the same time, there is no specific rules for any of the Traitor Legions before they fell, so you'll have to make those up, legion demeanor's and whatnot. not all that hard honestly, the Legions and their Primarchs seem oddly predestined to become the daemonic beings they are now (thanks a lot Tzeentch), so you can just draw traits from those.
    -if I remember correctly from the one 30k book I read, space marines have been forming some sort of unofficial "lodges" thing? even before the Horus heresy. but I don't care enough to look it up.
    -the only real problem is figuring out why a small group of space marines from five different legions would be working together when they're supposed to be soldiers of these big primarch dudes, who could conquer entire sectors of space without meeting each other. you might have to be a little noncanonical with that and say the Emperor decreed it to happen for some reason, cause he is the ONLY one at the time with the power to make the Primarchs actually do that.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking specifically of the knights-errant, Malcador's proto-deathwatch special commandos - a group of marines including Garro, Rubio and Loken from various legions on a covert mission.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

What is the cooler and more awesome Warhammer Fantasy metal to get stuff made out of (in your opinions): gromril or ithilmar?
    Dwarves trade fairly regularly with the Old World so Gomoril weapons are merely very rare. Elves NEVER trade Ithilmar weapons so to get one you have to kill a Elf and steal his ( or find someone who has already done this)
    So Ithilmar is obviously cooler

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I was thinking specifically of the knights-errant, Malcador's proto-deathwatch special commandos - a group of marines including Garro, Rubio and Loken from various legions on a covert mission.
    That could be cool. It wasn't unheard of to have marines on secondment to other Legions too, before the heresy, to improve relations and learn about each other.

There's the remnant Legions too, Salamanders, Iron Hands and Raven Guard who had to scram into whatever ships they could, and found themselves separated.

Or the Imperium Secundus forces - Blood Angels, Ultramarines, White Scars, Dark Angels et al who were cut off from Terra by the ruinstorm.
    Last edited by Sinewmire; 2018-02-06 at 09:37 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Dwarves trade fairly regularly with the Old World so Gomoril weapons are merely very rare. Elves NEVER trade Ithilmar weapons so to get one you have to kill a Elf and steal his ( or find someone who has already done this)
    So Ithilmar is obviously cooler
    Nah, give me good solid dwarven craftsmanship over that namby pampy elven rubbish; what good is it if you can't use it? A denim jacket I'm wearing and rocking the style is cooler than any leather one left on the rack. Cool isn't an objective quality, it's all in what you do with it, so while some skinny elf might be mincing over in Ulthuan with his Ithilmar ear-rings and think he's soooo fashionable, I'll be in the 47th deep of Karak Eight Peaks, bathed in the blood of night goblins, skaven and worse creatures, still slaughtering my way through the forces of chaos in my dwarf-craft gromril armour that was gifted to me by my best drinking/orc-slaying buddies from that tavern in Nuln...what was that place called again? Bah, I forget...too many blows to the head, I guess. Now, where's that blasted mage with the lantern? It's getting dark around here and I can barely see to swing my sword...*CLANG!*...What was that? Oh, just a rock bouncing off my shoulder. Wait...
    ...ARrgHargh! *schlurk**whiff**bonk**clang!*
    Gerroff me!
    *FWHOOSH*Dammit Wizard, watch where you aim that thing!
    *fwup**crunk**squeeeee!*...
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

I won't be able to wear armor, being a Celestial Wizard and all. I was more thinking in terms of swords, something I can stab things with when they're too close for me to zap.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2018-02-07 at 10:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Hey guys. Quick Dark Heresy 1ed. question.
    How do you make your rank 2 Imperial psyker, combat effective? Any fun and creative ideas?
    I dont need to outclass the assassin or guardsman, but I know we will be in fights very often. The character is not build yet, but has a good array of stats between 27-40.

I dont see minor powers helping that much, and dont get the stats and talents to fight directly.
    The only way I see before me is going for an accurate basic weapon and using unnatural aim to snipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incorrect View Post
    If you consider the RP aspect, you might want to consider alternatives to Tortle Str Ranger.
    I mean, why would the rest of the party trust this Tortal StRanger...