New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [WIP] 3D printed custom mini!

I'm pretty known in games I play in/run for putting WAY TOO MUCH EFFORT into the art side of things. xD What can I say, it's fun! So yeah, I found myself wanting to learn Zbrush modelling, and I have access to a very nice quality resin 3D printer through a good friend, so I thought I'd make my own miniature for the next game I'm gonna be in!

My character, Ashley Rowan.

She's a lawyer by day, at the start of the campaign she (and the rest of the party) find magic dragon amulets that let them summon awesome dragon armour. (yes it's basically fantasy power rangers, my DM is a massive weeaboo... who am I kidding, so am I!)

Anyway, here's the Zbrush model for her:

First time sculpting from scratch, so LOTS of trial and error, but I'm fairly pleased with the result! c: It's not bang on her design but it's been an interesting process of learning what things look odd in 3D (for instance, those hands are waaaay too small in the sketch!).

Gonna be printing her next week or maybe the one after, so I'll post photos of that when it's done! She'll be minature scale, and I'll be painting her afterwards (and hopefully not screwing that up, don't have much experience painting minis!). ^-^ So yeah, thought you guys might be interested to see the process!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [WIP] 3D printed custom mini!

Nice drawing and model. I like the design.
    (Not a fan of the pointy nose tough, looks decent on paper, less on 3d. Also she's missing the dragon brooch on the model I notice)

Out of curiosity, will the figurine be plastic or metal ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2015-06-25 at 09:42 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-