New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Rail] Academy City OOC I(.3)

This is, as a note, a reboot. The old links are all for archival purposes, but not really necessary reading. With that out of the way...

What is Academy City anyway?

Spoiler
    Show
    So what is this game about? It’s about a place called Academy City, close to Tokyo, where some of the most amazing people science has discovered are sent once their unique gifts are discovered. And just who are these people? Pyschics, Espers, telepaths, pyrokinetists, telekinetic users, teleporters, and the list goes on and on, but no matter what they are called they are all one simple thing. A person capable of using psychic powers in some fashion or another, able to do extraordinary things once put through Academy City’s all-but unique psychic development programs. From things such as creating fireballs to manipulating luck itself, these people have demonstrated a wide array of capabilities after being gathered into the most advanced city on earth. The majority of espers (we’re talking 98-99% percent here) can barely be considered psychic before being ‘refined’ to the point they can manifest their abilities, but there are the rare few who manifest psychic abilities before being put through the program as well, almost literal gemstones of the world. These espers range from the almost powerless Level 0s to the awesome power possessed by the rare Level 5 espers.

But what about Academy City? Well, it’s a large city that is almost thirty years ahead of the rest of the world in terms of science and development, with numerous nations having a stake invested in the city’s unique residents. Almost sixty percent of the residents at Academy City’s schools, from the prestigious Azabu Academy and Tokiwaida Middle School to the more…’normal’ Onizuka Middle School…though how ‘normal’ any school can be when they are populated by a mix of psychics and normal people is up for debate. Though by far is it’s greatest asset is one of the satellites orbiting above, which continues the Tree Diagram program that can accurately predict the weather up to a month in advance, though those with the proper connections can ask it other things as well…Not that to say that everything is candy and sunshine in this sovereign city, there’s a darker underside to Academy City that most of it’s residents don’t even know about. Dangerous Skill Out gangs, those without powers who target espers for fun or rights, roam the streets and a person can disappear without a trace depending on where they stick their nose. Rumors of illegal research or weapons research are rampant, though Academy City is such a touchy place that such matters are never really investigated seriously by the Board of Directors in charge of Academy City.

This game is based on the setting of the To Aru no Kagaku Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun) light novels/anime/manga series. Watching/Reading the series is OPTIONAL, but they are rather good.

Okay, but how is it different from, say, Nexus?

Spoiler
    Show
    It differs in several important ways.
    First, it is a lot more uniform that the Nexus. Academy City has espers and science, not, say, kitten snipers.
    Second, the plot of Academy City is going to be more directed. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they are mostly organized. As such, most plots and stuff will be interwoven into one big plot. Or at least that's the intention.
    Third, Academy City is NOT in any way connected to the Nexus. i.e. you cannot have a character travel between the two. If you want a character in Academy City, it is for Academy City. You can have a version of the same character for both the Nexus and Academy City, but they are different characters.

How do I start?

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and after discussion the character registry, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.
    To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.
    With that in mind, make a post and begin!

What abilities have been taken?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wiki has a list, though it is very out of date. And just because it's on there, even if the character is current, doesn't mean it's strictly off limits; bring up what you have in mind OOC and we can discuss it.

There are rules, right?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, there are.
    Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here.
    Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than Nexus. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first. Though the plot is, or at least has been, player-generated, and not everyone needs to be a part of the same plots all the time.
    Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
    Fourth, have fun!

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
    These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

1. Consider asking to join in fights/plots before jumping in.
      Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
    2. TALK major fights over with your opponent!
      This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
    3. Don't argue in the OOC!
      They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Disclaimer #1: This game is going to have several moderators to mediate IC and OOC disputes (if they require them), but are not moderators in the GitP sense (Like Roland or the Giant). Aside from mediating disputes, they'll be keeping an eye on characters to watch for intentional/unintentional abuse. If they ask you to change something, it's a good idea to consider it. If they tell you it needs to be changed, then it does but this sort of thing is for important matters only. Disruptive players will be asked to leave if they insist on causing trouble.

Also they're not actually picked yet. And may not be. This'll be discussed with a few people once we get applicants and all.

Disclaimer #2: If you want to make a level five, make up a character and the community will decide if it shoud be or not.' That way we keep the number of level 5's down and everyone will agree on them. Remember that in canon, Academy City had only seven level fives, and a population of 1.8 million.

Important Links

Character Registry
    Toaru Majutsu no Index wiki.

OOCs

ICs

Academy City I(.3)

Old OOCs

Old ICs

Other Historical Links
    Spoiler
    Show

The Wiki
    (The wiki password is "biribiri" (sans the quotation marks))

Banners

Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-10-08 at 02:58 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I(.3)

Ah, it's good to see this return.

Spoiler: Ishimaru Moroe
    Show
    Name: Ishimaru Moroe
    Type: Esper
    Level: 1
    Affiliation: GATE, Onizuka Middle School

Description: Ishimaru Moroe is one of the many young killers created and nurtured by Academy City's darker side. A Child Error and failed Esper, she serves as both weapons expert and mechanic for the organisation known as GATE; One of five groups retained to handle matters which would tarnish the city's good name if they ever saw the light of day.

In most respects Moroe's appearance is that of a typical teenage girl. She's of average height, has short black hair and green eyes. Her casual clothes consist of a black t-shirt and jeans covered by a long leather coat; And the only unusual thing about her school uniform is that it has trousers instead of a skirt (an alteration for which she somehow gained official permission).

Her only real distinguishing feature is that she always looks a little unwell. Her face is somewhat pale, and she's thinner than is strictly healthy for a girl her age. But aside from that, Ishimaru Moroe blends in with her everyday surroundings just fine.

Personality: To strangers Moroe at first appears to be a curt and antisocial loner. She usually speaks in a disinterested monotone and acts as if human contact is just an unfortunate necessity. But the truth is that when she's actually left alone, she more often than not goes out in search of more people to ignore. Ishimaru Moroe may be antisocial, but she needs people around to be antisocial at.

Of course, all this is only what the casual observer will see. Those who manage to go further and break through Moroe's protective barrier of hostility may find two deeper selves: A surprisingly meek and insecure teenager with a deep seated fear of vulnerability; And a trained killer who tries to see the whole world as nothing more than a game. The knowledge that these two aspects can coexist is all too frequently the last thing that these seekers will ever learn before the bullet pierces their brain…

Abilities

Matter of Taste {Esper ability}: This power can alter a person's perception of how good or bad specific foods taste…And that's it.

Physical Traits

Gun Fu: Moroe is highly skilled in the use of one handed and two handed firearms. Her speciality is the sniper rifle.
    Tinkerer: Moroe can maintain and repair (but not build) a variety of tactical devices used by GATE, including remote controlled drones.

Mental Traits

Dual Focus: The ability to devote significant attention to two tasks at once. This useful trick allows Moroe to (for example) control a pair of remote drones which function as a team; Or simply to keep up a conversation with some random bystander while fighting a distant battle.
    Soldier without an army: Moroe has received general training equivalent to that of a professional soldier, courtesy of Academy City's dark side.

Notable Equipment

Handheld game console: This item functions as both a gaming platform and a remote control system. With it Moroe can see through the eyes of GATE's various mechanical drones and direct their movements.
    Packet of cigarettes: Moroe has recently taken to smoking, and is rarely without a pack.

Spoiler: Miura Kin
    Show

Name: Miura Kin
    Level: 2
    Affiliation: Tokiwadai Middle School

Description: Kin is a bird in a gilded cage; Or at least, that's how she sees it. Others would say that she's a rich, psychic heiress in a prestigious school. To each their own. Like many others, Kin was sent to Tokiwadai as part of her parent's precisely plotted life plan for her. She tries her best to uphold the school's good name; Even though she can barely breathe in its stuffy atmosphere. She'd much rather be exploring the wondrous city around it, in the company of good friends.

Physically, she's of average height, with short brown hair and blue eyes. Like all Tokiwadai students, she's rarely seen out of uniform.

Personality: Kin is a free spirit at heart. When at her best, she practically glows. She dances with every step, bombards people with conversation on all topics, and climbs buildings just to see what's on top. She has no time for societal taboos like 'etiquette' or 'personal space'. In her opinion, individuals can decide for themselves what behaviour makes them comfortable. If she wants to snuggle up next to a good friend while wolfing down ten croissants, then why should society care?

Of course, all too often society does care. Playing the part of a model citizen is taxing for someone like Kin. When shackled like that, her good cheer has a tendency to plummet. Kin's personality is one of high highs and low lows. Should a person manage to handle both sides of her, they'll gain a steadfast and loyal companion.

Abilities

Strange Attractor {Esper Ability}: This power lets Kin stick anything with a physical form to her body. It only works on things that are in direct contact with her skin; Even light clothing blocks the effect. Once attached, the targets become almost impossible to remove through physical force. Despite this unusual strength, Strange Attractor remains classed as a Level 2 ability, owing to its limited scope and lack of practical applications. Kin has some difficulty controlling her ability. While it will never deactivate without her command, it has a propensity to remain active despite her commands. It also occasionally activates on its own, when something comes into contact with her skin. Strange Attractor remains in effect even while Kin is unconscious. It can also be used in ways which would usually stress the affected areas of her body beyond their limits, such as hanging from the underside of a street light by one palm. The fact that the skin of her hand doesn't simply tear away when doing this suggests that Strange Attractor is more complex than it first appears.

Physical Traits

Nimble: Kin is very dexterous.
    Arts & Crafts: Between her family background and further education at Tokiwadai, Kin has become skilled in a wide variety of artistic skills, ranging from drawing, to sewing, to interior design.

Mental Traits

Nonconformist: Kin has trouble working in regulated surroundings, such as a strict school or workplace. When forced to do such things, she quickly becomes bored and distracted.
    Facial beauty blindness: Kin has an unusual brain defect which prevents her from recognising beauty (or lack thereof) in human faces.
    Arcade gamer: Owing to an unhealthy amount of practice, Kin has become very skilled in playing arcade games of almost all varieties. Her speciality is DDR.

Notable Equipment

Money: Whatever resentment Kin may bear towards her family, there's no denying their generosity in financial matters. Kin's vast allowance lets her live in the lap of luxury, along with being able to spend wildly without considering the price. As a consequence, she has no skill in budgeting, or any sense of the true value of money.
    Tablet: Kin always carries a top of the line, collapsible tablet computer, which she mostly uses to sketch things.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ooh, RailITP is back~

I'll bring back my old character to start, then probably add a few more later.

Also, do we wanna make a new thread for character profiles?
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Also, do we wanna make a new thread for character profiles?
    Probably. The Wiki is completely outdated.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ooh, this again. Mind if I bring my old gaijin OC back for this? If so, I'll post him here, or in a separate post if needed.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    Ooh, this again. Mind if I bring my old gaijin OC back for this? If so, I'll post him here, or in a separate post if needed.
    By all means, come in. The more the merrier.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alright, sweet! His old profile has a list of potential skills up to Level 5, but after reading the first post, I think I'm going to remove the Level 5 ones and cap his potential at Level 4. He won't start there, though, although his evaluation may suggest that he's capable of some advanced skills.

Spoiler: Eli Matthews
    Show
    Name: Elijah "Eli" Matthews
    Race: Caucasian
    Nationality: American

Type: ESPer, currently Level 2
    Power rank: E+/D-
    Affiliation: Onizuka

Background: Eli had a relatively normal upbringing, although he was held back in grade school due to poor performance; his failures were attributed to his disinterest and refusal to complete assignments or participate in class, despite satisfactory knowledge of subject matter. His father was recently assigned to a job in Academy City from overseas and was offered considerable accomodations to bring his family along. Eli himself doesn't know much Japanese, so the transition will be difficult, but as long as he has no choice in the matter, he'll have to adapt and learn to speak the language on the fly. After learning about the special schools for psychics, though, Eli decided to visit one day and was captivated by the idea of becoming capable of ESP. He was henceforth determined to be accepted into one of the academies, and his wish was granted at Onizuka.

Personality: Eli isn't the most social kid in Academy City, but he's not crippled by shyness, either. He's somewhat distant from his parents, though, so he's pretty quick to open up to the first person that shows him any decent measure of respect or compassion. On the flip-side, he doesn't take insults lightly and may lash out at anyone who continuously prods him. He has an extreme dislike for schoolwork, convinced that it's one big ploy to keep him busy and prevent him from doing what he wants. Considering that he's at a school for learning how to use psychic powers, however, his attitude may soon change for the better in that regard.

Dislikes: Cramped spaces, spicy foods
    Ambitions: To hunt for and find hidden treasure

People of Interest
    -Family:
    • Adam Matthews: Eli's father, a desk jockey at a certain American company. He was offered substantial accomodation to take up a job in Japan, moving to Academy City with his wife and son. ((For the purpose of convenience, I don't plan for him to make any appearances in the RP.))
    • Paula Matthews: Eli's mother, a textbook housewife/loving mother. Moved to Academy City with Adam and Eli. Constantly on her son's case for neglecting his homework.
    • Macho: Eli's faithful dog, a large-breed golden retriever. Goes for a walk with Eli every weekend.

Appearance
    -Physical:
    • Physical: Thin build
    • Height: 5' 6"
    • Weight class: Average
    • Eyes: Dark blue
    • Hair: Light-brown, short

-Common attire:
    • Legs: Regular-fit blue jeans, brown belt
    • Torso: Long-sleeved button-down shirt (usually white, light-blue, or light-gray)
    • Feet: Brown slip-on shoes

Abilities
    -Physical:
    • Strength: Average
    • Constitution: Above average
    • Stamina: Average
    • Agility: Average

-Mental:
    • Intelligence: Average
    • Tactics: Average
    • Sanity: Slightly unstable
    • Courage: Adventurous

-Combat: Brawler
    • Capable of self-disciplined fist-fighting; average strength for a human his age, but little experience and no form or polish
    • Can wield and use improvised weaponry (baseball bat, tree branch, etc.) in a basic capacity (swing, thrust, etc.)

-ESPer: Telepathy
    Spoiler: Details
    Show
    General description: Parapsychology (PSI) skills involving reception and transmission of thoughts on psychic channels

Spoiler: Level 1 (realized)
    Show
    Linguistics (base ability) learned
    --Basic-level PSI, automatic translation of foreign languages; when others speak to Eli in another language, he hears it as though they're speaking perfect English

Spoiler: Level 2 (realized)
    Show
    Speech Projection learned
    --Basic-level PSI, sending verbal messages to others via mental/PSI channels

Projection limits established
    --Maximum range: 50 ft.
    --Maximum effect: four people at once

Spoiler: Level 3 (undiscovered)
    Show
    Concept Projection learned
    --Intermediate PSI, transmitting non-verbal ideas (images, sounds, etc.) via mental/PSI channels

Projection limits extended
    --Maximum range: 300 ft. (single familiar target) or 100 ft. (wide broadcast)
    --Maximum effect: eight people at once

Spoiler: Level 4 (pending)
    Show
    Delusion learned
    --Advanced PSI, alters one of a target's senses (maximum range 10 ft., maximum duration 15 sec.)

Speech Projection improved to Message Projection
    --Outbound messages can be received and understood regardless of language

Projection limits extended
    --Maximum range: 1 mi. (single familiar target) or 250 ft. (wide broadcast)
    --Maximum effect: twenty people at once

-Other proficiencies:
    • Navigator: Being fond of exploration, Eli is capable of following directions and learning relative locations easily, either with a map or with verbal instructions.
    • More to be added later

Equipment:
    • Weapon of choice: Blunt and Force (metal knuckles)
    • Access.: None

Notes: To be added later

Theme Music: Kasier Chiefs - "Never Miss A Beat" (Youtube link coming soon)
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2015-06-30 at 02:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll go put one up, sorry about that.

Edit: It'll have to be done tonight; don't have time to finish it off entirely. Shouldn't be too hard when I get back on a proper computer again though.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2015-06-27 at 07:48 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Spoiler: Sadik "Apt" Aptal
    Show

Level: 1.
    Affiliation: GATE, Onizuka Middle School

Description: Apt would quite easily be mistaken for a bear. Her massive build is that of a strength athlete, augmented by years of pushing limit after limit. Her flesh, almost night-black, blends into her dark blue combat uniform, which she insists on wearing all the time. Her muscles are clearly her most valuable asset and her bulk would prepare her to win a boxing match against a polar bear.

Personality:
    Apt is dumb muscle. That is the summation of her personality. She is gullible, gruff, easily manipulated, and will break anyone's back. Apt is devoid of reason, sympathy, or malice. Apt is an empty shell of muscle willing to perform any task, no matter how cruel and unjust.

Abilities

None besides her strength. The one time she attempted to use her abilities, it made her a bodybuilding-addicted sociopath.

Physical Traits

Exceedingly strong.

Mental Traits

Inability to recognize reflections and pictures as fake. Very stupid.

Notable Equipment

She is constantly trying and failing to smuggle a mace.
    Hey, a new GATE member! That'll be interesting. Welcome to the game.

One minor note: Apt miiiighhhtttt have to wear something less conspicuous at school. Despite being composed of maladjusted psychopaths, cells like GATE are expected to blend in with the student population. Granted, they usually fail (for obvious reasons); But they have to at least make the attempt. It's a PR thing.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey Anyr, the comedic yet cute twosome is going to be hitting the stage again.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Hey Anyr, the comedic yet cute twosome is going to be hitting the stage again.
    Indeed they shall. Welcome back, by the way.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Good to be back, especially now that I have a laptop again. Which means I can now post frequently and with consistency once more.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

So, was anyone planning on posting IC? We should be set-up well enough, if someone does wish to start, seeing as everyone can be doing whatever they would be after school and, we have all but my characters done.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

One question before I do anything: are we keeping any of the existing social relationships between OCs from the previous iteration of this setting? If so, things might be a bit different with Eli, since I chose to start him out at a slightly-later point in his development. In order to avoid the cumbersome awkwardness created by the language barrier, I'm starting Eli out with his ESPer abilities awakened, with full access to Level 1 and working on polishing his Level 2 skills.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

That is up to the individual players in question, as with most plot-related things from prior iterations.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    So, was anyone planning on posting IC? We should be set-up well enough, if someone does wish to start, seeing as everyone can be doing whatever they would be after school and, we have all but my characters done.
    I've been holding off on posting for these first few days, so as to give time for people to assemble. But yes, it's about time to get started.

One question before I do anything: are we keeping any of the existing social relationships between OCs from the previous iteration of this setting? If so, things might be a bit different with Eli, since I chose to start him out at a slightly-later point in his development. In order to avoid the cumbersome awkwardness created by the language barrier, I'm starting Eli out with his ESPer abilities awakened, with full access to Level 1 and working on polishing his Level 2 skills.
    In the last game we played it like this: Players are free to keep their old relationships/plots intact, so long as they don't alienate newcomers. For example, you can say that Eli and Moroe have known each other since his first day of school, just like before; Or you can scrub all that and have them meet for the first time all over again. The choice is yours.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2015-07-02 at 02:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sounds logical to me. In that case, I have one more question: will Moroe have enough stuff going on without having to help ease Eli into his new school, or would it be more of an inconvenience than anything else...?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds logical to me. In that case, I have one more question: will Moroe have enough stuff going on without having to help ease Eli into his new school, or would it be more of an inconvenience than anything else...?
    Moroe's schedule will be much lighter this time. Since Lord-Cao-Cao and Terry are apparently gone, so too are their plots. In other words, this version of Moroe has a way less complicated life. She's never fallen in love, fought back against the darkness, or received a devoted servant who lives only to make her happy. But on the plus side, she has plenty of time to guide newbies around the city!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alright, then it sounds like it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have Eli and Moroe already have met each other and gone through the same spiel as in the previous iteration of this scenario. As long as that's still OK with you, of course.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, then it sounds like it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have Eli and Moroe already have met each other and gone through the same spiel as in the previous iteration of this scenario. As long as that's still OK with you, of course.
    Fine by me.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm considering giving my character some sort of light-based power; manipulation or generation, probably. Thoughts on that as a concept?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

glad to see it return (spoiler alert: I am not a good RPrunner)
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    glad to see it return (spoiler alert: I am not a good RPrunner)
    Hi Ark~

Wanna keep doing Shantelle and Shizuka things?
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Hi Ark~

Wanna keep doing Shantelle and Shizuka things?
    I'm honestly considering just starting up with totally new PCs this time, im afraid....
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I'm honestly considering just starting up with totally new PCs this time, im afraid....
    Aww, okay.

Anyone want some interaction with a kinda shy sonic esper with a great singing voice?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

To those looking for something to do: In games like this, passivity kills. If there's no scene in progress that you feel like joining, then by all means create one. Don't just wait for someone else to make the first move: Because all too often, the other players are doing the same thing.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

I keep meaning to post, oops. Might establish some sort of Dark Side project? I'm not sure how deep into that we want our early arcs to get, though.

28. - Top - End - #28

thinking of tossing a person who manipulates chemical reactions (change speed, maybe add or subtract a proton hhere and there...
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I keep meaning to post, oops. Might establish some sort of Dark Side project? I'm not sure how deep into that we want our early arcs to get, though.
    So far, this game has seven players (only three of which have posted IC). With so small a population, our focus shouldn't be on future arcs, or long-term plans: It should be on keeping the game alive in the here-and-now. Have a character you want to introduce? Then post it. Have a plot you'd like to run? Then post it. Maybe people will love it, or maybe they won't. The important thing is to try.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll toss Akane in tonight then. Plot... Maybe, if I can flesh it enough.