New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XXXIIII: My god, it's full of refunds!

So... this has been happening for a while now. Whenever I try to download something, after a few minutes the download gets rescheduled to a few minutes later. So basically if I want to download anything I have to sit by my computer and keep clicking "Download Now" whenever it happens. I've Googled it and tried different solutions, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like i need a new steam achivement for this. I got my dad onto steam.

Just for the remake of the origional Battlezone of course, the two of us loved battlezone 2 when i was a kid, and we'd spend hours playing it both together and apart.

I'm sure at some point he'll see something else that chatches his eye though
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Humble Spring sale https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Got Tales of Zesteria for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    So... this has been happening for a while now. Whenever I try to download something, after a few minutes the download gets rescheduled to a few minutes later. So basically if I want to download anything I have to sit by my computer and keep clicking "Download Now" whenever it happens. I've Googled it and tried different solutions, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
    The only thing I can think of, because this has happened to me, is if you have Windows 10. There's a bug with 10 that messes up your internet connection when you download anything. Yeah, it's really stupid. I haven't had that issue lately, but it has happened to me before.

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The only thing I can think of, because this has happened to me, is if you have Windows 10. There's a bug with 10 that messes up your internet connection when you download anything. Yeah, it's really stupid. I haven't had that issue lately, but it has happened to me before.
    So, nothing I can do but wait and hope they fix it? Ugh... Thanks, though.
    Show
    What this guy said.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Well splak, I bought Civ 4 complete on Steam about five days ago for 30 USD. If anyone wanted to get it, it's now like 7.50 USD give or take some pennies. I got to stop buying from there unless the thing I want is under 10 USD, I guess. But hey, you want Civ 4, you got til the 16th of May to get it cheap.
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    Well splak, I bought Civ 4 complete on Steam about five days ago for 30 USD. If anyone wanted to get it, it's now like 7.50 USD give or take some pennies. I got to stop buying from there unless the thing I want is under 10 USD, I guess. But hey, you want Civ 4, you got til the 16th of May to get it cheap.
    If you hurry, you can get the refund for the full price then buy it again for the $7.50. "It's on sale now" is a specific allowed reason for a refund.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

I have a 75% off coupon for Feist if anybody wants it, valid until the end of the May.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaRix View Post
    If you hurry, you can get the refund for the full price then buy it again for the $7.50. "It's on sale now" is a specific allowed reason for a refund.
    Unless you already played it for more than 2 hours (and it's Civ, so if you played it at all, it was probably for more than 2 hours).

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I wasn't planning to try getting the lower price. Just need to be more discerning about when I buy. Still came out ahead of buying everything separate. I got an absolute killer deal on Tropico 4 with the works. And previously I'd gotten a good enough deal on Civ V Complete. The irony, if I may call it that, is that I'd have paid ten dollars more if I could have gotten it from GOG.com. Their business model I find more appealing, but they tend to have much less of what I'm looking for.
    Dioxazine purple.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Just finished Alpha Protocol for the first time since my new computer. I had forgotten exactly how difficult the game is when it's not focused on sneaking and gunplay. Failed to find the assassin in Taipei, didn't bring Marburg to justice in Rome (or in the final mission, for that matter), did suborn the Moscow contact. Also didn't find Madison's, Parker's, or Scarlet's dirty little secrets, among others. (I did manage to ferret out Deng's and Mina's dirty little secrets, though. Those're rather simple.)

Sneaking and gunplay, however, remains the most wildly imbalanced thing since the Galloping Gertie bridge. (Total invisibility to non-machines for 20 seconds! 6 shots fired with pinpoint accuracy in less than a second! Silent hostile eliminations at range, from cover!) Seriously, there is no reason not to carry a fully tricked-out pistol at all times, and shotguns aren't even worth considering in the slightest.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2016-05-28 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Just finished Alpha Protocol for the first time since my new computer. I had forgotten exactly how difficult the game is when it's not focused on sneaking and gunplay.
    It's almost as if the game wants you to be a secret agent or some other covert operative.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    It's almost as if the game wants you to be a secret agent or some other covert operative.
    That's true, but the game prides itself on being able to do the Bond thing, the Bourne thing, and the Bauer thing in parallel. And I was mainly referring to the talky portions and the thorough and methodical searches one needs to do in order to unlock the juicy dialogue options. (E.G. connecting a certain Girl of the Week to a certain member of your agency)
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    And I was mainly referring to the talky portions and the thorough and methodical searches one needs to do in order to unlock the juicy dialogue options. (E.G. connecting a certain Girl of the Week to a certain member of your agency)
    Ah, I thought you were talking about the shooty parts in general. That said, I did do a rookie run with the AR where if things went loud, they stayed loud. While sniping bad guys outside of the AI's detection range was very silly, the sheer damage the AR puts out was silly (I ended up two shotting bosses).

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Ah, I thought you were talking about the shooty parts in general. That said, I did do a rookie run with the AR where if things went loud, they stayed loud. While sniping bad guys outside of the AI's detection range was very silly, the sheer damage the AR puts out was silly (I ended up two shotting bosses).
    Chain Shot + Brilliance + Chain Shot = Dead boss. That's my go-to strat for basically any boss.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Am I missing something, or can the "excluded tags" list for the "discovery queue" only hold ten tags?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

Devil

So, it's Summer Sale time. Soonish. What are hoping to buy when it drops?

Witcher 3, I think, and Blood and Wine.

Outside of that? Meh. I have most of the things I want anyway. Total War; Warhammer, and Stellaris are my big go-to's at the moment.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Steam's basically unusable right now - the servers are crying under the heavy load. Taking me multiple attempts to change pages, and it takes a minute or so to time out when it fails.

May just have to come back later to see if there's anything interesting. I mostly don't care about the sales, but the change in format often does throw up games that I missed in the unrelenting stream of shovelware that Steam puts out these days.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    So, it's Summer Sale time. Soonish. What are hoping to buy when it drops?
    The remaining DLC I haven't gotten yet for Skyrim, and... I dunno. I don't have much money, so I guess if there's an old game I see that up for just pennies I could grab that.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Lot of my wishlist games are indie games anyway, and I've already managed to get a couple purchased, though an hour later and the site is still completely unusable.

I was hoping to see Final Fantasy 10/10-2 on sale. I already have it for PS3, so I don't feel like it's worth paying twice as much for the PC version.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Witcher 3, I think, and Blood and Wine.
    I bought Witcher 3 from Amazon for 72 pence, GOG though. Still looking for a good deal on the Expansion Pass.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Whole hearted meh, from what I've seen.

Might pick up Doom, but since they got rid of flash sales, their big sales just haven't been as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidgetySquirrel View Post
    ...if this keeps up for much longer, half of the playground will have Orcus-themed sigs, which is probably how Orcus can appear in so many places to begin with. NOOOO! STOP SIGGING ORCU- *killed by Orcus*
    My Steam profile!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Will probably get X-Com 2 and Just Cause 3, both of which are 50% off. Not even going to try buying them now with the site as slow as it is, though--will get them tomorrow morning, hopefully when it's under less heavy load.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Will probably get X-Com 2 and Just Cause 3, both of which are 50% off. Not even going to try buying them now with the site as slow as it is, though--will get them tomorrow morning, hopefully when it's under less heavy load.
    X-Com 2 is 50% off for you? I'm only seeing 40% for the base game, 45% for digital deluxe (by far a better deal). I know because I am very interested in it myself. Thoroughly enjoyed the original of this new series.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    X-Com 2 is 50% off for you? I'm only seeing 40% for the base game, 45% for digital deluxe (by far a better deal). I know because I am very interested in it myself. Thoroughly enjoyed the original of this new series.
    I'm also only seeing 40 and 45 percent.

I'd really like to try XCOM 2, but I've barely even started Enemy Within, so I don't think I'm quite ready to pay $40-$60 for the sequel.
    Show
    What this guy said.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah I'm seeing 40/45% on XCOM 2 as well.

So what's the deal this year? No more deal of the day type thing, everything is on sale at the lowest price possible now?

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Yeah I'm seeing 40/45% on XCOM 2 as well.

So what's the deal this year? No more deal of the day type thing, everything is on sale at the lowest price possible now?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure they stopped doing the daily/flash sales last year.
    Show
    What this guy said.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

I ~REALLY~ hate the steam authenticator crap.

So many cards going to go to waste...
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post

...Wow.
    This sale just becomes more and more of a letdown.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I have a few wish list things, but other than Cthulhu Saves the World, I can't actually run any of them on my current system and don't foresee an upgrade in the near future. Mostly just placeholders so I can find them again if I forget the exact title. I scored big with GOG so I don't have much of anything on Steam that I didn't get cheaper and without DRM. Not exactly on the cutting edge of gaming, me.

Just as well, I've seen about three things out of five hundred on the discovery queue that I was interested in at all. We'll see on the last day of the sale if there's anything worth it. Yes, I'm still irritated that Civ 4 Complete was cheaper the week after I bought it. Holding out for the -75% prices.
    Dioxazine purple.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post

No kidding. I've still got sales on hold because of that damn thing.

Even worse for me: I'd use the thing if they didn't demand my cell phone number. I get enough crap on my phones on a daily basis, so I don't care if it's Valve or anyone they're not getting my damn number just so I can use their unneeded extra security.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2016-06-23 at 09:47 PM.