New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Darths and Droids V: Thread IV Was Eaten By Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I thought he already figured out that he couldn't get his shapeshifting powers back from him (when he tried to find his splanch).
    I think he was of the opinion that "Han" had simply shapeshifted his splanch so that he wouldn't be able to find it.

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    I think he was of the opinion that "Han" had simply shapeshifted his splanch so that he wouldn't be able to find it.
    Which sort of invites the questions of "Why would 'Han,' a presumably capable and intelligent being, ever shapeshift away the very organ that allows him to shapeshift?" "Why is such a thing even possible in the first place?" "Is it possible that I do not have all the necessary information here?" And other assorted questions otherwise inconvenient to the plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Which sort of invites the questions of "Why would 'Han,' a presumably capable and intelligent being, ever shapeshift away the very organ that allows him to shapeshift?" "Why is such a thing even possible in the first place?" "Is it possible that I do not have all the necessary information here?" And other assorted questions otherwise inconvenient to the plot.
    I don't think "Shapeshifted it away" means "no longer has it," but rather "it looks different so surgeons can't find it." Also its possible because shifting the shape of your body parts is what shapeshifters do. If they can shape change between Rodian and Human (which "Han" is suspected of doing) there is no reason they can't change their organs.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I don't think "Shapeshifted it away" means "no longer has it," but rather "it looks different so surgeons can't find it." Also its possible because shifting the shape of your body parts is what shapeshifters do. If they can shape change between Rodian and Human (which "Han" is suspected of doing) there is no reason they can't change their organs.
    Rodians and Humans are bipedal, quatri-limbed, oxygen-breathing sophonts with their brains in their heads. It would be much easier to shift between Rodian and Human superficially than it would between, say, Rodian and Ithorian. Or Rodian and Hutt. In addition, why would we expect a splanch to work the same after being "disguised" in such a manner? I find it difficult to believe that any organ that in and of itself produces the ability to shapeshift would be able to change itself back once the danger had passed.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2015-07-16 at 11:37 PM.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Rodians and Humans are bipedal, quatri-limbed, oxygen-breathing sophonts with their brains in their heads. It would be much easier to shift between Rodian and Human superficially than it would between, say, Rodian and Ithorian. Or Rodian and Hutt. In addition, why would we expect a splanch to work the same after being "disguised" in such a manner? I find it difficult to believe that any organ that in and of itself produces the ability to shapeshift would be able to change itself back once the danger had passed.
    Hey you asked questions and I gave answers. If you want the answers to make sense I think you are asking too much of a fan theory of a parody comic of a 30 year old soft sci-fi/fantasy space opera.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Hey you asked questions and I gave answers. If you want the answers to make sense I think you are asking too much of a fan theory of a parody comic of a 30 year old soft sci-fi/fantasy space opera.
    Point taken. Also, this is a revenge-obsessed bounty hunter with body issues we're talking about. A tiny logic deficiency isn't all that bad, all told.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I wonder what's worse. That last pig pun, or the fact that I think the slime/mucus bit is a Princess and the Frog reference.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground

So in D&D, oozes are among my favorite monsters.
    However, I never really liked Jabba in the movies, and I can't say I'm wild about this take on him, either, due to the puns always making me groan.

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    the puns always making me groan.
    I do believe that is the intention, there.

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    I wonder what's worse. That last pig pun, or the fact that I think the slime/mucus bit is a Princess and the Frog reference.
    Swine 'ot both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So Freddo isn't really Freddo at all. This gets even more interesting.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler
    Show
    http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/1067.html All his names are fake. Though I guess we didn't know there was an original.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Unless I'm very much mistaken, we have out first official Call Forward/Shout Out to the Sequel Trilogy in today's update.

Very well done, IMO.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-07-21 at 12:57 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

14. - Top - End - #74

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Unless I'm very much mistaken, we have out first official Call Forward/Shout Out to the Sequel Trilogy in today's update.

Very well done, IMO.
    Well-noted. When I read this I was thinking "is there even anything to reference", but yeah.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SirKazum View Post
    Well-noted. When I read this I was thinking "is there even anything to reference", but yeah.
    Well, dialogue wise, point taken. But there's already a decent amount of lore being built up for the ST, incuding organization names.

I figure the floodgates will open soon enough.

EDIT::: Yep.

From the Darths & Droids Facebook page:

Darths & Droids
    7 hrs ·
    I just created a file labelled "Plot Synopsis - Episode VII".
    And yes, it's non-empty.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-07-21 at 01:10 PM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

16. - Top - End - #76

New comic!

Time for Cory to save the day with some abuses of the path to the dark side, leading to speculation about whether he will suffer the same fate as his parents.

17. - Top - End - #77

Gotta love how Corey knows going in solo is a terrible idea, but he still does it because they're all out of options.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Gotta love how Corey knows going in solo is a terrible idea, but he still does it because they're all out of options.
    Yeah, not too many options when you're the only party member who isn't captured yet. There's not much for reinforcements in the Tatooine desert.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
    Yeah, not too many options when you're the only party member who isn't captured yet. There's not much for reinforcements in the Tatooine desert.
    Well, as part of the resistance maybe they could have, you know, brought a few more soldiers along? To bring in if things get bad? But yeah, he's out of options, but luckily he's massively powered up since last time. Probably did a bunch of solo adventures.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

20. - Top - End - #80

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, as part of the resistance maybe they could have, you know, brought a few more soldiers along? To bring in if things get bad? But yeah, he's out of options, but luckily he's massively powered up since last time. Probably did a bunch of solo adventures.
    Yeah, but realistically, rank-and-file resistance members are going to be what, level 1? They're better off going in alone

21. - Top - End - #81
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SirKazum View Post
    Yeah, but realistically, rank-and-file resistance members are going to be what, level 1? They're better off going in alone
    Hey, every rank and file member you bring with you can absorb an attack round from a dangerous threat. It doesnt matter if it does exactly their hp in damage a round, or 20x as much, all that damage hits them instead of you. Its like having a damage shield active that screams! (briefly)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Hey, every rank and file member you bring with you can absorb an attack round from a dangerous threat. It doesnt matter if it does exactly their hp in damage a round, or 20x as much, all that damage hits them instead of you. Its like having a damage shield active that screams! (briefly)
    As long as the bad guys don't have AoE attacks, sure.

23. - Top - End - #83

The main purpose of bringing mooks is to have them fight the other guy's mooks, so you can get on with the awesomeness of the boss fight.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    The main purpose of bringing mooks is to have them fight the other guy's mooks, so you can get on with the awesomeness of the boss fight.
    And for some reason that makes me think of Super Grover with a light saber.
    Last edited by BannedInSchool; 2015-07-24 at 10:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I foresee a joke about nobody bothering to read the monster manual when it transpires that Jabba is immune to force suggestion. And possibly a callback to Watto.

27. - Top - End - #87

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedFilia View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I foresee a joke about nobody bothering to read the monster manual when it transpires that Jabba is immune to force suggestion. And possibly a callback to Watto.
    Spoiler
    Show

Actually, Jabba might *be* Watto inside a suit. Both resist Force suggestions and keep slaves...

They have a track record of such things with Grievous and now Bib Fortuna.
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The shapeshifter wears a costume? That is a amusing touch. I'm just not sure if Luke should trust Wedge considering he tried to get rid of him on Hoth. That he approves of the same plan as Jim is a good hint and Corey seems to realize this as well. Let's hope Luke rediscovers his paranoia before it is to late.

The funniest part of the previous page was the discussion of Leias outfit. I just wonder how Annie will react if she finds out how the outfit really looks.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    The funniest part of the previous page was the discussion of Leias outfit. I just wonder how Annie will react if she finds out how the outfit really looks.
    Perhaps by stumbling upon the concept art that GM sketched up earlier... for research purposes, naturally.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedFilia View Post
    Perhaps by stumbling upon the concept art that GM sketched up earlier... for research purposes, naturally.
    I suspect it's gonna be a webcam joke. Depending on where the camera is pointing, Annie might not be able to see the figurine the DM picked out to represent Slave!Leia. When she finally sees the figurine, the DM might lamely try to say it was the only one he had available that was appropiate.