New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: Darths and Droids V: Thread IV Was Eaten By Dogs

How do you find them?
    The day I find a game is the day that HL2 Episode 3 is released!
    My Brandenburg Interactive AAR game for EUIV.
    Here is the recruitment page

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Akisa View Post
    How do you find them?
    There is a link to the first one in the comment for #50.
    Continue from there.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Akisa View Post
    How do you find them?
    Each line contains a link to the page for that movie. (There were 29 links in what you quoted.) They only really did one page for each movie, although they came up with an archive page with 50 page titles each time. As I understand it, the idea was that when the comic got to page 50, they showed an alternate universe in which the D&D players were doing a campaign based on Harry Potter. They created a website with the page, and included an archive, cast, and FAQ pages. Then when they got up to page 100, they duplicated what they had done for Harry Potter, but with The Sound of Music and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    There is a link to the first one in the comment for #50.
    Continue from there.
    Yes in the commentary for each movie (except the last), there is a link to the next one, but Gez also provided the links to each one in his comment.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-04-26 at 10:31 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1024

I noticed that in the cast page for the last one, Pete's character still has Erratic Maze Movement.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Bugbear in the Playground

More hints on Pete's job in today's comic. I'm still thinking "lawyer," but it seems to be more specific than that...
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Criminal defense lawyer would be my guess, at this point.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Criminal defense lawyer would be my guess, at this point.
    I would have guessed prosecutor myself.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I would have guessed prosecutor myself.
    More money in defense, and Pete's got quite the dice collection. You also get to choose your clients, which would flow well into his statements here.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    More money in defense, and Pete's got quite the dice collection. You also get to choose your clients, which would flow well into his statements here.
    Re-reading it again, I see where youre coming from, yeah.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Re-reading it again, I see where youre coming from, yeah.
    I sure don't. What would being a defense lawyer have to do with redemption? It would only come up with respect to sentencing, wouldn't it?

Trying to convince a judge or jury that someone is innocent has nothing to do with redemption.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    I sure don't. What would being a defense lawyer have to do with redemption? It would only come up with respect to sentencing, wouldn't it?

Trying to convince a judge or jury that someone is innocent has nothing to do with redemption.
    I concur.
    Cleric, perhaps a bishop in the Anglican communion?
    Admittedly, I do not the recall previous hints well enough to identify anything that would preclude the possibility.

On the other hand, for sheer head-rattling shock at the finale, it would be pretty effective.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

12. - Top - End - #1032

He travels internationally to give speeches, which pretty much cuts out the legal profession; it's too country specific.

Maybe social work of some kind?

13. - Top - End - #1033

Question Re: Darths and Droids V: Thread IV Was Eaten By Dogs

Well, looks like Pete may be Kylo Ren, possibly trying out the whole "now I'm the villain" bit himself.

Or that line is just a huge misdirection.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, looks like Pete may be Kylo Ren, possibly trying out the whole "now I'm the villain" bit himself.

Or that line is just a huge misdirection.
    Its an immortality helmet. Why wouldn't Pete want to keep it?

15. - Top - End - #1035

Hmm, what was Vader trying to say? Through funny enough, other than Luke leaving, that's the last part of action that the pcs have in this movie.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Its an immortality helmet. Why wouldn't Pete want to keep it?
    With the orb and the snippet, he'll be about two thirds of the way to conquering the galaxy. At least, that's what Pete would think.

I figure they are setting some stuff up for the sequels, but this particular one I figure will be given a satisfying conclusion (for now) within the current movie.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

17. - Top - End - #1037

BlackDragon

Remember, no Eps 7/8/rogue1/2 spoilers in this thread :-).
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

18. - Top - End - #1038

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    I'm working under the assumption that anything shown in a trailer isn't a spoiler.

19. - Top - End - #1039

BlackDragon

Are you kidding? Trailers are typically massive spoilers. One of the reasons I've learned to not watch them.
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

20. - Top - End - #1040

Are you kidding? Trailers are typically massive spoilers. One of the reasons I've learned to not watch them.
    Nope.

Wheeeeeeee!

21. - Top - End - #1041

PirateGuy

I'm working under the assumption that anything shown in a trailer isn't a spoiler.
    Sorry, but... that's a pretty extreme stance. I mean, if you wanna go for it, more power to you, but expecting everyone to go along with it in these terms sounds kinda unreasonable IMO. Hell, if it was me, I'd swear off anything Star Wars-related online if I wanted to keep myself in that level of spoiler protection, if only because it would be pretty much impossible otherwise.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Once a movie is commercially available on DVD, I think it's reasonable to expect its content to be found outside of spoiler tags. Otherwise you turn into this guy: https://xkcd.com/606/

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SirKazum View Post
    Sorry, but... that's a pretty extreme stance. I mean, if you wanna go for it, more power to you, but expecting everyone to go along with it in these terms sounds kinda unreasonable IMO. Hell, if it was me, I'd swear off anything Star Wars-related online if I wanted to keep myself in that level of spoiler protection, if only because it would be pretty much impossible otherwise.
    It's an extreme stance that's particularly germane to this particular piece of Star Wars-related content, and it's perfectly legit to request that we at least spoiler new-trilogy content, so that people who are taking on the challenge posed by the authors of this comic can still come here and discuss the comic.
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2017-05-01 at 08:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sally is sorry.

Yea, I'm gonna second the "Pete is Kylo Ren" prediction.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    And I rather suspect an important plot point for Ep 7 is in the process of being established.

Will mean some judicious editing of coming scenes. But.... Yeah. Didn't see that coming. IF it happens.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    It's an extreme stance that's particularly germane to this particular piece of Star Wars-related content, and it's perfectly legit to request that we at least spoiler new-trilogy content, so that people who are taking on the challenge posed by the authors of this comic can still come here and discuss the comic.
    I agree that it's a legit request to spoiler new-trilogy content for those taking the challenge. I just disagree on what constitutes a spoiler. The trailers for TFA told us what the new villain and his lightsaber looked like, what the new lead characters look like, that there's a new giant Death-Star-like thing, what the new stormtroopers look like, that Han and Leia and Chewie were back, and the Falcon and TIEs and Star Destroyers were back and that there would be dogfights.

The poster also tells us literally all that same information. Are movie posters also too spoilery?

Sure, I'll absolutely spoil things that are actually spoilers. I willing to extend it beyond when I would normally feel is long enough, because of the people doing the challenge. But I'm not going to bend over backwards to not reveal details like the name of the new main villain, for instance. There's a line, and advertising materials are perfectly reasonable to be on the acceptable side of that line.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2017-05-02 at 05:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I agree that it's a legit request to spoiler new-trilogy content for those taking the challenge. I just disagree on what constitutes a spoiler. The trailers for TFA told us what the new villain and his lightsaber looked like, what the new lead characters look like, that there's a new giant Death-Star-like thing, what the new stormtroopers look like, that Han and Leia and Chewie were back, and the Falcon and TIEs and Star Destroyers were back and that there would be dogfights.

The poster also tells us literally all that same information. Are movie posters also too spoilery?

Sure, I'll absolutely spoil things that are actually spoilers. I willing to extend it beyond when I would normally feel is long enough, because of the people doing the challenge. But I'm not going to bend over backwards to not reveal details like the name of the new main villain, for instance. There's a line, and advertising materials are perfectly reasonable to be on the acceptable side of that line.
    I tend to look at it as things that the marketing team puts out in trailers and press releases is things that they WANT you to know going in.

It gets a little tricky when marketing divisions and the people who made the product have a vehement disagreement on this issue. But when it comes to current Star Wars, LFL and Disney pretty much seem to be on the same page when it comes to pre-release information. They are selling the feel/tone of the movie and giving basic facts about the flick (names of characters and locations) and not much else.

However, I will say it is very safe to say that the marketing for TFA didn't even hint at the existence of least two MAJOR plot points and only obliquely hinted at a third in the movie. And even then, they were pretty circumspect.

There's more that I could say about TFA's marketing (which was pretty much a master class in execution), but I'll leave it to the side for now.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2017-05-02 at 05:34 PM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

28. - Top - End - #1048

BlackDragon

That there was a saber-wielding guy named "Kylo Ren" was obvious; that he was a villain was not.

That there was another death star was not known to me until Glove and Boots did an episode on movie villains.

That all the old characters make at least a cameo? That was all over the star wars fan news, and the only way to avoid that would have been to avoid any star wars franchise discussion at all.

And three major plot points? I'm still going with the observation that J.J. Abrams knew about the "Darth Binks" angle, and floated it in interviews to get fan reactions; as there's someone in there whose name translates as "fish", I'm assuming J.J. allowed himself to write JarJar's return into episode 8.

Beyond that? I've managed to be Kernel Klink! I know nothing!

29. - Top - End - #1049

That there was a saber-wielding guy named "Kylo Ren" was obvious; that he was a villain was not.
    Really? Black clothes and mask with red saber? I love Star Wars, but it has all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. I have to believe this is hyperbole on your part.

That there was another death star was not known to me until Glove and Boots did an episode on movie villains.
    Giant round thing with trench and a smaller giant round thing on the surface, in the Star Wars universe. Sledgehammer.

And three major plot points? I'm still going with the observation that J.J. Abrams knew about the "Darth Binks" angle, and floated it in interviews to get fan reactions; as there's someone in there whose name translates as "fish", I'm assuming J.J. allowed himself to write JarJar's return into episode 8.
    Not gonna say yea or nay on that, because that wasn't in the trailers.
    Beyond that? I've managed to be Kernel Klink! I know nothing!
    What is this man doing here?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2017-05-03 at 05:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    And I rather suspect an important plot point for Ep 7 is in the process of being established.

Will mean some judicious editing of coming scenes. But.... Yeah. Didn't see that coming. IF it happens.
    Oh well, so much for that idea. Carry on, then.