Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Darths and Droids V: Thread IV Was Eaten By Dogs

Darths and droids: Keep Keybounce Kurious
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

2. - Top - End - #1412

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by aurilee, on the commentary
    And in the end, if things go south with the whole recruitment thing, they can at least be useful for combat training.
    I'm assuming "combat training" can be summed up as "walk up to those enemies and stand between them and us"

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Darths and Droids VI: Rogue [Spoilers]

Something spoiler-related seems particularly apt, since someone will probably end up dropping The Last Jedi spoilers somewhere in the thread.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

There's an idea.

Darths And Droids VI: The Last Discussion Thread.

Works because A) we know it won't be, just like we know TLJ won't actually be the last Jedi, and B) at the rate the thread moves compared to the comic, it will last us longer than the movies do - this thread went from AotC into Rogue 1, a total of 5 movies worth of screencaps.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Umm, no. This thread start with the group in Jabba's palace at the start of RotJ. And it will end there, so things have come full circle.

6. - Top - End - #1416

BlackDragon

D&D6: The circle of plot?
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Firbolg in the Playground

If they haven't moved from the palace by then, I suggest "Jabba Jabba Hey!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I feel like you might be putting the cart before the horse a little bit in this latest commentary here Keybounce. That's an awful lot of extrapolation from "jabba has dealings with the empire".
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

9. - Top - End - #1419

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I feel like you might be putting the cart before the horse a little bit in this latest commentary here Keybounce. That's an awful lot of extrapolation from "jabba has dealings with the empire".
    Agreed. I think Jabba's more just an eccentric crime lord who likes his little enterprise. Trying to take over an entire empire is probably way too much work for someone so leisurely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    She brings the lightning to the sky,
    the waves onto the shore,
    the rain and the thunder
    and the dark cloud's roar...

Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat.

BAM! Doomsealed!!

Custom avatar courtesy of Comissar. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1420

BlackDragon

In fairness, I was running with "Kyle, who raised her as his daughter, is the father she cannot stand".

I'm writing the commentary for 1571, and that makes it clear that she knows the difference between her father and her father. So yea, this wasn't the right idea.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cassian trying to be helpful again I see. Well, at least he's trying.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Darths and Droids VI: A combat droid, an unknown jedi and a blind monk walk into a cantina...

(It feels like a better joke if the middle one is a stormtrooper, but we just started on this movie and there's no reason to mix it up with the next one.)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-11-06 at 07:33 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

13. - Top - End - #1423

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Cassian trying to be helpful again I see. Well, at least he's trying.
    He is trying...and maybe one day, after lots of hard work and determination, he will do something useful.

(They need to just get back to something he can pilot, since that seems to be his only skill)
    the rain and the thunder

Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat.

BAM! Doomsealed!!

14. - Top - End - #1424

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Darths and Droids VI: A combat droid, an unknown jedi and a blind monk walk into a cantina...
    But the blind monk is the jedi.

15. - Top - End - #1425

So, random question and feel free to put the answer in spoiler tag to keep keybounce and aurilee in the dark, but I haven't seen Rogue One and I want to know -- who is the starfish tentacle alien in the movie? I imagine he's not actually Jabba as in Darths & Droids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    So, random question and feel free to put the answer in spoiler tag to keep keybounce and aurilee in the dark, but I haven't seen Rogue One and I want to know -- who is the starfish tentacle alien in the movie? I imagine he's not actually Jabba as in Darths & Droids.
    It's named onscreen:

Spoiler
    Show
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bor_Gullet

The species also seems to have that name:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bor_gullet

The Star Wars site goes into more detail on the creation of the concept, and how it's realized on screen:

http://www.starwars.com/news/creatur...out-bor-gullet
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Spoiler: Don't look Keybounce
    Show
    It's some random torture/interrogation monster that Saw keeps on hand. What, exactly, it does isn't really elaborated on other than that its unpleasant and risks mental damage, and that Saw uses it to verify information from suspect sources.

18. - Top - End - #1428

PirateGuy

In the commentary, I think Keybounce's too hung up on what we know about Jabba from non-screencap sources. As far as Darths and Droids is concerned, it might as well be that the Hutts are semi-amorphous corpulent things that can alter their shape to some degree, putting both the thing in Rogue One and the Jabba we know and love from the OT (as well as any number of other slimy forms) in the same category of possible shapes for a Hutt.

19. - Top - End - #1429

BlackDragon

Yea, if we go by just what was shown in the Da&Dr campaigns, then I think this is the first on-screen appearance, and the idea, as aurilee pointed out, of plastic surgeons changing his appearance like this is perfectly OK.

So, we just chalk the various Hutt's seen as Disney changes.

... and I still want to find out if Disney changed the whole "these 4 heroes were responsible for getting the plans to the rebels with their deaths". :-). (As well as what the CI's will do with the resultant change not lining up with the previous claim of Jim's characters.)

(I don't know. But it's a 99.9%+ sure thing that they did, JUST so that their version of the story is different from the other version, for copyright reasons.)

Speaking of changes: We heard it was 4 characters in 4 sessions, or 5 characters in 5 sessions if you include Padme. How long is this session / how long until the first death?

20. - Top - End - #1430

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    Yea, if we go by just what was shown in the Da&Dr campaigns, then I think this is the first on-screen appearance, and the idea, as aurilee pointed out, of plastic surgeons changing his appearance like this is perfectly OK.

So, we just chalk the various Hutt's seen as Disney changes.

... and I still want to find out if Disney changed the whole "these 4 heroes were responsible for getting the plans to the rebels with their deaths". :-). (As well as what the CI's will do with the resultant change not lining up with the previous claim of Jim's characters.)

(I don't know. But it's a 99.9%+ sure thing that they did, JUST so that their version of the story is different from the other version, for copyright reasons.)

Speaking of changes: We heard it was 4 characters in 4 sessions, or 5 characters in 5 sessions if you include Padme. How long is this session / how long until the first death?
    Wait, did I suggest the plastic surgeon thing in my annotations?

*checks*

Nope, ok, I'm not crazy :P

I *did* comment on it over at the IWC forums though, and agreed with someone there that it's another very likely possibility.

Of course, having Jabba himself be a guy in a rubber suit is also an amusing proposition.

I don't think we're quite far enough in yet for a session change...plus, given the flashback thing, we might not even see when the gaming sessions themselves ended, at most we might see where Story Time with Uncle Pete takes a break.
    the rain and the thunder

BAM! Doomsealed!!

21. - Top - End - #1431

I assumed the session changes will be after each of Jim’s deaths. So, we have at least until Kyle dies before the next session and Jim’s second character. I’m also guessing that Bria will be Jim’s third character, since we already know who his fourth character is.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Presumably, the GM goes back to the opening crawl because player driven infodump didn't work out so hot.

Anyway, given that Jim started the rebellion, what they've been rebelling against has always been in question.

Also, how does Kyle know about Anakin, anyway? It wasn't exactly a secret to the players, but the general populace certainly wouldn't know about his scheming.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2017-11-12 at 01:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1433

Well, Nute Gunray knew about Anakin's manipulations of Palpatine, and it's possible someone else in the Trade Federation may have known too. Maybe someone who's dealt with Jabba. Even at the peak of his schemes, Anakin was never the most subtle of people, so it's entirely possible that someone else also caught on before Padme did.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, Jim, how I have missed your personal (mis)interpretations on what various things mean.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rogue One spoilers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Calling it now, the first, last, and only time we will ever see Cassian holding a gun is when he saves Bria from Krennic on Scarif.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2017-11-25 at 03:13 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Calling it now, the first, last, and only time we will ever see Cassian holding a gun is when he saves Bria from Krennic on Scarif.
    You should probably tag that so people doing the 'I know nothing about R1' thing can, you know, know not to click it.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    You should probably tag that so people doing the 'I know nothing about R1' thing can, you know, know not to click it.
    It's generally understood that spoiler tags in this thread are for TFA/R1 material. So while it's never a bad thing to have specific tagging, it's not necessary.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wait, we're doing the spoiler tags for TFA too now? I thought it was only R1 that they hadn't seen.

Fine ...
    Spoiler: The Force Awakens
    Show
    I get the feeling the Stardust means it's powered by a star twist means that Starkiller Base is also based on the same underlying theory as the Deathstar. Of course the Death Star, err, I mean Peace Moon, didn't need a star to power it since it had the Lost Orb of Whatchamacallit instead. Which is probably lost in TFA again, so they actually have to suck dry a star.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Wait, we're doing the spoiler tags for TFA too now? I thought it was only R1 that they hadn't seen.
    Yes, some people are doing the first experience to the new Star Wars trilogy in general (and/or Rogue One) through Darths and Droids. Hence why we're spoilering all new media.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2017-11-23 at 12:01 PM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

30. - Top - End - #1440

Spoiler: R1
    Show
    So Stardust is still the code name, but we are told it up front instead of it being a "surprise" reveal. I wonder if it is still Bria's nickname. Or, maybe, since I expect Jim will take over Bria after Saw and his next character die, Jim will retroactively decide that Project Stardust was named after Bria, so that he can claim the Peace Moon is connected to his character.