New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAI+ #56: Prismatic Spray!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Well, wish me luck. I've done what looks like, to all appearances, as 'crossdressing' in public, but only very stealth or in another city where no one knows me. I've gone to events and get togethers that way, but only with an LGBTQAI+ group where I could be pretty darn sure of support, but I am going to go to a friends get together wearing obviously fem apparel. Wish me luck, Playground.
    Werk!

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    I realized something really annoying. A crucial part of reform especially in the justice system is public outrage. Drawing attention to corruption and inequality. But on the other hand if the public gets to involved with the legal system things get ugly and that can create another type of unjust system.
    Meaning "mob justice?"

Yes, this unfortunately has happened in a few key historical revolutions that I'm not sure I can expand upon further here.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, wish me luck. I've done what looks like, to all appearances, as 'crossdressing' in public, but only very stealth or in another city where no one knows me. I've gone to events and get togethers that way, but only with an LGBTQAI+ group where I could be pretty darn sure of support, but I am going to go to a friends get together wearing obviously fem apparel. Wish me luck, Playground.
    Q'plah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Little late here, but I hope all went well!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Little late here, but I hope all went well!
    Actually, it's today, I just need a little boost ahead of time, so thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

I clicked on someone's LGBTAI signature and ended up here! I forget whose signature it was now because I've been reading through this thread and it's taken me some time to get to the end. No, I'm not going to read through all 55 previous iterations, thanks anyway ;-)

Small introduction: I'm a semi-middle aged man who is somewhat genderfluid, very bisexual, and extremely married to a woman. I am also quite fond of adjectives. My problems in life are insignificant compared to some of yours, but I would love to be part of the conversation.

So hi!

Also, good luck, Ravens_cry!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Colossus in the Playground

Actually, it's today, I just need a little boost ahead of time, so thank you.
    You got it, friend! We all believe in you!

Also, hi Paranoid Box! Glad to have you around.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paranoidbox View Post
    ...and extremely married to a woman...
    Its not just marriage.

Its EXTREME marriage!
    Motorbikes!
    Guns!
    Explosions!
    Extras x's!

When this couple says "til death do you part" they mean never, 'cause this marriage is DEATH DEFYING.

*insert stunts here*

...anyway. Hey there! To you and I guess most everyone else because I'm not exactly a thread regular.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2015-07-04 at 04:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Note to self: attend more weddings with less raucous ceremonies.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

I clicked on someone's LGBTAI signature and ended up here! I forget whose signature it was now because I've been reading through this thread and it's taken me some time to get to the end. No, I'm not going to read through all 55 previous iterations, thanks anyway ;-)

Small introduction: I'm a semi-middle aged man who is somewhat genderfluid, very bisexual, and extremely married to a woman. I am also quite fond of adjectives. My problems in life are insignificant compared to some of yours, but I would love to be part of the conversation.

So hi!

Also, good luck, Ravens_cry!
    Wow, that sounds like where I'd like to be in 10 years...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Its not just marriage.

Its EXTREME marriage!
    Motorbikes!
    Guns!
    Explosions!
    Extras x's!

When this couple says "til death do you part" they mean never, 'cause this marriage is DEATH DEFYING.

*insert stunts here*
    That's about right, yes. And we do our own stunts. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan
    Wow, that sounds like where I'd like to be in 10 years...
    It is a pretty nice and easy life at the moment. I'm pretty fortunate. I sincerely wish for you, and anyone else, to have a life as easy as mine.

PS: Someone mentioned Sense8 earlier in the thread. We've been watching it and absolutely love it. We're at episode 9 but we'll probably finish it in the next two days anyway.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I did a weird test with myself. One of my friends commented that I was a different person when I wear a skirt, so...

In defiance of my traditional distaste for dating games, visual novels, and what not, I went ahead and booted up a game. I played it once through as I usually play games, male mode, comfortable pants, what have you. Then I swapped gender options, put on a skirt, got into full genderqueer mode, and played it again.

And I found that in male mode my tastes in women were different from in female mode... Similar, but different.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Extras x's!
    I don't know about you but I prefer to keep exes and marriage separate.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2015-07-04 at 06:31 PM.
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #223

PS: Someone mentioned Sense8 earlier in the thread. We've been watching it and absolutely love it. We're at episode 9 but we'll probably finish it in the next two days anyway.
    Oh great, now can you please tell me if the premise and if it uses myths about how the brain works or if it is more of a sci-fi mystery thing. Please!
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Oh great, now can you please tell me if the premise and if it uses myths about how the brain works or if it is more of a sci-fi mystery thing. Please!
    Spoiler: Sense8, the premise.
    Show
    8 totally different people in different parts of the world get "birthed" as what is known as a cluster and share each other's experiences and emotions, visiting each other's locations, and are generally capable of trading skills and knowledge. But a mysterious man from a mysterious company is after them to try and ... lobotomize them? Because they're different? Information is still sketchy at this point in the story where we're at.

Spoiler: Sense8, the brains, the myth.
    Show
    Actually, not a lot of science babble happens, at all (so far). So no real myths about how brains are infinite and how we can tap into its vast reserves if only those parts are unlocked, etc etc... It's a lot more mystical than anything else. For instance, there's a thing called "visiting" that anyone can do who has become birthed, where you can mentally manifest before someone as long as you've physically looked into their eyes at least once, but it's otherwise never explained. I get the feeling the Wachowski's are playing it somewhat fast and loose with the sensate "rules"; a lot of it happens because of plot, which would usually bother me but the story and its explorations are pretty good so I let it slide. This time, Wachowski's, this time...

Hope this helps!

Edit: Oh, most of that information you learn in the first few episodes, so I didn't really give away too much if you still want to watch it.
    Last edited by paranoidbox; 2015-07-04 at 08:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Spoiler: Sense8, the premise.
    Show
    8 totally different people in different parts of the world get "birthed" as what is known as a cluster and share each other's experiences and emotions, visiting each other's locations, and are generally capable of trading skills and knowledge. But a mysterious man from a mysterious company is after them to try and ... lobotomize them? Because they're different? Information is still sketchy at this point in the story where we're at.

Spoiler: Sense8, the brains, the myth.
    Show
    Actually, not a lot of science babble happens, at all (so far). So no real myths about how brains are infinite and how we can tap into its vast reserves if only those parts are unlocked, etc etc... It's a lot more mystical than anything else. For instance, there's a thing called "visiting" that anyone can do who has become birthed, where you can mentally manifest before someone as long as you've physically looked into their eyes at least once, but it's otherwise never explained. I get the feeling the Wachowski's are playing it somewhat fast and loose with the sensate "rules"; a lot of it happens because of plot, which would usually bother me but the story and its explorations are pretty good so I let it slide. This time, Wachowski's, this time...

Hope this helps!

Edit: Oh, most of that information you learn in the first few episodes, so I didn't really give away too much if you still want to watch it.
    Okay, I can bite on that. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. Bah. It didn't bother me at first but now it does. My mothers razor blade was dull so it was difficult to shave properly, and it was currently to tidy to have taken another. So my left leg is decently shaved, not perfect. But my is still hairy. Kind of icky.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

@Dire Moose:
    Spoiler: Rainbeaus
    Show

Indeed, agreed. Almost certainly, that will lead to the now repentant Aiken hopping over the fence to Rain's side solidly.

@Lycundari:
    Good for you, then. And good luck with your matters of the heart.

Indeed. I would have buggered out long ago, though, if I didn't have a niggling worry that she'd react... drastically... to any suchlike negative surprise.

@Golentan:
    Love ye too, dearest.

Alright. Curiousity. How different are you then, when you go queer or en femme?

@Grytorm:
    A little envy there, lady. Never had long hair before, either.

And on those legal issues--- Well. People DO need to cry out if there is injustice, but they also need to watch themselves, lest they contribute to the problem. Aye, agreed.

@Ravens Cry:
    Indigo. Midnight. Amber. Crimson.
    Cry your joy into the dust of the wind.
    Fly, and let your beauty soar free,
    We, your flock, flying with you.

@Paranoid Box:
    Welcome aboard, comrade.

@AmberVael:
    Welcome back, comrade.

@Dragonrider:
    Welcome back, comrade. Aye, 'twas like that for me as well, once upon a time. 'Twas the Playground that did a lot to open my eyes.
    And congratulations to you and your lady love.

@Everybody Else:
    Hugs to all who need or want 'em.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2015-07-05 at 02:27 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Miraqariftsky, I'm not really certain what you have to be jealous of, so maybe I should take that as a compliment.

Hm. Also although I don't have a D&D group I am thinking up ideas for an adventure. And its ended up with two non straight characters. And I just wanted to make certain it wasn't anything wrong about how they are depicted.

They would be two characters introduced in the stereotypical start in an Inn scene to become relevant in the second adventure. One, the reasonable villain of the adventure would be a female bard late twenties equivalent, probably half elf. She would be hanging around the inn and probably be bisexual, but not emphasized except with the other character. The other character would be the innkeepers daughter late teens early twenties. She has a crush on the bard. The plan is to have the PCs find some journal and map things and the Bard would be able to translate and would try to buy it off of them in a way to make it unlikely for them to sell. Then she would convince the Innkeepers daughter to try and steal the papers in the night with probably some promise of making out or something. The PCs could stop it and will be always woken up after a certain point. Ultimately the bard will flee town and the adventurers will encounter her after they go looking for whatever treasure they want.

Originally the daughter would have been a son, but I realized that most of the other characters were male so I wanted to add another plot relevant woman. Although making the mayor the Innkeepers wife (and the Inns cook) would work as well for adding a bit more diversity.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Miraqariftsky, I'm not really certain what you have to be jealous of, so maybe I should take that as a compliment.

Hm. Also although I don't have a D&D group I am thinking up ideas for an adventure. And its ended up with two non straight characters. And I just wanted to make certain it wasn't anything wrong about how they are depicted.

They would be two characters introduced in the stereotypical start in an Inn scene to become relevant in the second adventure. One, the reasonable villain of the adventure would be a female bard late twenties equivalent, probably half elf. She would be hanging around the inn and probably be bisexual, but not emphasized except with the other character. The other character would be the innkeepers daughter late teens early twenties. She has a crush on the bard. The plan is to have the PCs find some journal and map things and the Bard would be able to translate and would try to buy it off of them in a way to make it unlikely for them to sell. Then she would convince the Innkeepers daughter to try and steal the papers in the night with probably some promise of making out or something. The PCs could stop it and will be always woken up after a certain point. Ultimately the bard will flee town and the adventurers will encounter her after they go looking for whatever treasure they want.

Originally the daughter would have been a son, but I realized that most of the other characters were male so I wanted to add another plot relevant woman. Although making the mayor the Innkeepers wife (and the Inns cook) would work as well for adding a bit more diversity.
    So how I would run it would be the bard being straight (more villainy if you are purposefully leading someone on) encouraging the daughters crush and telling her that she (the daughter)can run away with her (the bard). It would be more "this person is a villain"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    So how I would run it would be the bard being straight (more villainy if you are purposefully leading someone on) encouraging the daughters crush and telling her that she (the daughter)can run away with her (the bard). It would be more "this person is a villain"
    Depends. Taking sexual advantage of a youth too young to have a handle on their hormones is pretty evil just in general. Leading someone on is malicious sure, but drawing an innocent into a life of crime/evil through sexual manipulation is plenty evil.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Depends. Taking sexual advantage of a youth too young to have a handle on their hormones is pretty evil just in general. Leading someone on is malicious sure, but drawing an innocent into a life of crime/evil through sexual manipulation is plenty evil.
    But if it is both? That is evil and cruel

EDIT: just started watching Sense8. OMG, must watch more. Need to know
    Last edited by Athedia; 2015-07-05 at 10:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting. Thank you for the advice. My original idea was that the Bard would gather a small gang of toughs and try to get to the tomb or whatever before the characters. Sorry if that seems unrelated but it will be. She wouldn't want to start a lethal confrontation but I am not certain how she would react to meeting the PCs in the field. But I think a few of her hired men would be more hostile.

Hmm. Now to think about the bards intentions with the young women from the inn. She wasn't planning on running away with her but is definitely manipulating her.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: TERF-ery
    Show
    So I stumbled on a article written by a TERF going on about how Trans women's sexual abuse and trauma is just them "imitating" cis women. These people are so vile and self-centered and hateful that they even can't let us have our abuse to be our own but have to make it about them.

Also my mom has threatened with suicide if I don't pass my exam tomorrow. And it doesn't matter what she does, it always turns into guilt tripping about "how we always make her out to be the bad one". I don't know what to do. I'm scared.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2015-07-06 at 03:02 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

@Astrella:
    Wot dah frak is daaaaat? What part of "Love Thy Neigh---" AHEM "Be Decent To Others" so dang difficult, eh?

Sorry to hear that. And, sorry to say, my mother has expressed similar sentiments as well. Hence one of the reasons why I hadn't bugged outta here a long time ago.

@Grytorm:
    ~shrug~ Simply that you have long hair, I suppose. And I'm quite certain it looks spiffing on you.

Though, to be fair, I can't quite yet say long hair or short hair is right for me, specifically. Or whatever cut or style. Because of the ol' not-Kellen. Oh, well.

Agreeing. Manipulation by sexual advantage is right nasty.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Also my mom has threatened with suicide if I don't pass my exam tomorrow. And it doesn't matter what she does, it always turns into guilt tripping about "how we always make her out to be the bad one". I don't know what to do. I'm scared.
    This is childish behaviour, and the only one who makes her out to be a bad guy is herself with the regular guilt tripping.
    ... that being said, I don't know how you should deal with this situation specifically. Just remember to trust yourself and that she doesn't really mean what she says here. Ideally, somebody else should call her on her bullcrap in a way she can understand; it shouldn't be your responsibility to tell your own mother to grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

26. - Top - End - #236

Show
    So I stumbled on a article written by a TERF going on about how Trans women's sexual abuse and trauma is just them "imitating" cis women. These people are so vile and self-centered and hateful that they even can't let us have our abuse to be our own but have to make it about them.

I'm sorry. That's really sucky and unfair. On both counts.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

My new lunchbox art.

I work construction and today is the first day I'm bringing it with the rainbow duct tape flag. I've gotten a few odd looks but no one has said anything about it so far.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miraqariftsky View Post
    @Astrella:
    Wot dah frak is daaaaat? What part of "Love Thy Neigh---" AHEM "Be Decent To Others" so dang difficult, eh?

Sorry to hear that. And, sorry to say, my mother has expressed similar sentiments as well. Hence one of the reasons why I hadn't bugged outta here a long time ago.

@Grytorm:
    ~shrug~ Simply that you have long hair, I suppose. And I'm quite certain it looks spiffing on you.

Though, to be fair, I can't quite yet say long hair or short hair is right for me, specifically. Or whatever cut or style. Because of the ol' not-Kellen. Oh, well.

Agreeing. Manipulation by sexual advantage is right nasty.
    Hm. Sorry for the confusion, I don't have very long hair, its just that I resist getting hair cuts and get slightly longish hair which just feels kind of funny.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Chambers:
    Looks very nice!

@Astrella
    TERFs are scary and, more importantly, very misguided in my opinion. Maybe they should focus on more important feminist goals, rather than worry about trans women joining the ranks, eh? As far as I can see, they're a very clear minority though, luckily, and losing relevance fast (and therefore become more radical, angrier and scarier by the day). But yeah, they rarely make anyone feel good with their opinions and we do well to just avoid them.

(I just made a mistake of googling TERF to see if... well, I don't know what I was expecting. I read a TERF article and I'm sick to my stomach now. Guhhh. What was I saying about avoiding them? Two seconds in and I'm breaking my own rules.)

Also, sorry to hear about your mother's threats. The main thing you can do, what you should do, is take care of yourself. You're not responsible for your mother's behavior and actions. You have to do what you want, what you need, and what makes you feel good. Everything else is out of your hands and not your job. Repeat after me: Not. My. Job.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Sorry you have to deal with so much stuff.