New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,481 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice

First, I wish I could give you all hugs. When I woke up this morning and saw my PM box I about cried when I read your stuff. :) I couldn't ask for a better bunch.

Yah, something changed. Everything was going really well yesterday, as I said. Then late last night he suddenly tries asking who told me again.

It devolved fast. I may have said somethings that I shouldn't have, but it was definitely provoked. He said he thought someone was trying to eff him and come between us. He also said I hide stuff from him, and when I asked when, he said I never answer him about "real stuff". Evidently all I talk about his video games, anime, music, and situations and people that aren't real...

Uh huh, yah. That's totally true when I can come up with at least three specific instances where it isn't, and he couldn't come up with any. He said at one point I was being mean, but I also told him that once he could treat me like a friend he could call me. He said he'd moved on, because it seemed like I didn't care since I did it over AIM. First I told him, well he had asked me out AND said I loved you over AIM, did those not matter? Then I said I care, but I'm not going to fall apart over someone who hans't shown me that they care.

It ended with me saying I had to go, and him finishing off with saying whoever is trying to screw him is trying to screw me too, and I will see that he is really the good guy and was trying to protect us both.

So...I'm not going to be on AIM much until after the test. I can deal with it if he feels like hammering this out later, but not now. And I'm really considering just cutting off the friendship all together. He did not treat me right at all last night, even for a friend.

*shakes head* I didn't see this coming. I thought it was ok, he hadn't seemed like anything was bothering him when we had talked. So what do you guys think, give it up as lost and that he would keep doing stuff like this, or try once the weekend hits? My mom, sis, and her boyfriend are all rooting for the not being friends thing.

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Default (1d20+1)[2] -sense motive on Ex...Drat. >_<

Aw, geez Syka...that's rough. Nothing like someone dragging these things out to make them more painful. If you want my opinion based upon what you've said, I think you ought to leave it up to him. Stay away for a while. If he's fixated on only some sort of romantic relationship, and you find him unattractive for reasons beyond what other people have told you (This seems increasingly to be the case...), then you've got to make it clear to him that romance is not what you want from him. Either he'll have to deal with it and tone things down, or I think you'll have to part company on a sour note.

Sometimes I wish us guys weren't so persistent about these things.
    We really ought to realize that we aren't the leading man in a romantic film or show, and just being persistent will NOT win you the lady-type.

*Hugs*
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default No one reads these topics

I just thought I'd point out before anyone gets restart or lock happy, that Syka intends to restart the thread when she gets back.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Yes they Do Rawhide

Ah, I'll take my hand off the restart button.
    Last edited by Death, your friend the Reaper; 2007-07-25 at 07:43 AM. Reason: It's the eidting area no one reads.
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Too many people overlook them

Quote Originally Posted by Death, your friend the Reaper View Post
    Ah, I'll take my hand off the restart button.
    If only it were that easy...
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2007-07-25 at 07:50 AM. Reason: These however are much more obvious

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Any of us guys have that happen? Seriously, I think that's mostly a girl thing. Certainly I've spent years not looking for a relationship, and sure enough, didn't find one.
    Happened to me.

The trick is to get into a state where you are not only not looking, but you don't care that you are not looking and that you don't care that you aren't in a relationship.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    <snip>

She saw I actually cared about her and she exploited it to the extent till she found someone she found more attractive.

<snip>

And I'll make her think i'm all depressed and nothing can get me out of it blooby bloo-bloo! And the only other girl I ever fealt feelings like that for was Kelli which was why I treated her very simaler.

<snip>

And with Kelli out of the way and this kickass excuse I can probably get it! I might comeout with a better deal then I had before!

Evidently i'm sure Amaya will grow tired of this new guy. He's more peverted then me, and she hates sexual innuendo. You do the math.

As for me, I'll get with Kelli who's like Amaya only submissive, cuter, and knows how to shutup.
    <snip>
    So you are angry because you got dumped and claim that she was exploiting you.

So your plan is to be exploitive back? To get revenge?

If it is wrong for her to do it to you, than why does it become right for you to do it? Life is not a soap opera!! Do not treat it like one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by mudbunny; 2007-07-25 at 08:24 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    Really people can't say i'm mean. I don't go out of my way to hurt feelings. But for some reason society, especialy girls, hate apathy.
    Spoiler
    Show

No-one likes it when people they care about don't show any signs of caring in return.

That is one of the things that comes along with being a functioning member of society. You need to show feelings and emotions for the people around you. If you care about someone, you need to let them know. And not just by words, but also by your actions and demeanor.

To be apathetic towards someone indicates to them that you don't feel anything towards them. That they don't register enough in your mind for you to even care, one way or another, about them.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Because they are normally booooooring

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I just thought I'd point out before anyone gets restart or lock happy, that Syka intends to restart the thread when she gets back.
    HEY! I resent resemble that remark!
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Syka
    I think your ex- needs a little time alone before you give up on anything all together. It sounds like right now he's just searching for someone to lay the blame on.. and he hasn't had enough time to figure out that it was his own doing. Just try to remember he's hurtin' now too.
    Last edited by magicwalker; 2007-07-25 at 10:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it doesn't help I've got my mom telling me she's shocked that I even wanted to remain friends with him in the first place.

I'm really not sure after that though. I have done nothing wrong, and for him to say that stuff was extremely hurtful, especially when he was trying to place the blame on me. Bully for him, that he's hurting. He's the one that's hid stuff. I've never acted accusatory toward him, I've only ever asked questions and expected honesty. He knows if he's truthful, I'm generally not going to get mad, but if he hides stuff...Yah, I'll get mad. He knows that from experience.

*shakes head*

Thanks all. I'll put the link in here to the new thread.

Cheers,
    Syka

NEW THREAD
    Last edited by Syka; 2007-07-25 at 11:17 AM.
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika