The Dungeon of dungeons.
The Horror of horrors.
The playground of Orcus and every abomination anyone has ever witnessed.
The first dungeon to make its way to Pathfinder and creep our spines.
RAPPAN ATHUK

So me and a couple of friends decided we are going to play Rappan Athuk during summer, presumably we won't need more than a couple of months since we most probably are going to die but that's ok. From what we have so far, the group is a Rogue Trapsmith, a Cleric, a Paladin, a Phalanx Soldier who wants to go Stalwart Defender and a wizard (me).

Point buy is 25 and since we are going full Hardcore, we agreed on using only material that was released until Rappan Athuk got released. Also, since we are not in Golarion, nothing from Golarion goes.
Playable races: ONLY CORE RULEBOOK.
Available sources: CRB, APG, UC, UM, UE, ARG.
2 traits: Religion traits come with an asterisk since the region in Rappan Athuk does not have such deities.

Since we are going to die at some point, and I am not completely cool with it but I can't really do much, I decided on playing a Divination Wizard, with the Scryer Focused School so I can always act during surprise rounds, have over 9000 initiative and help our trapsmith in his scouting job. I'm going for a Fleet-Footed Elf, with Greensting Scorpion as a Familiar and Improved Initiative feat. That gives me a total value of +16 Initiative at level 4 (4 feat+4 Familiar+2 Racial+2 Forewarned) and I can always act during surprise rounds. I am thinking that I might be better with a familiar that gives Fort save but 1st) I can boost my fort from Forlorn Racial Trait and 2nd) I doubt 1 extra Fort will save me from the cancer of Rappan Athuk.
For items we have the standard 6000 WBL and we are limited on a 1/3 max buy which means that we can't have anything worth more than 2000g even if we start with a crafting feat.
Ring of Protection +1 (2000)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000)
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000)
500g in Magical Ink
500g to buy other stuff (not sure yet)
I think these should be pretty much what I should buy when we start.

I'm not looking for any optimization techniques, but I really want to read your experience with the specific dungeon and if you have any feedback or suggestions for my build and what I should do from level 5 and on, they are totally welcomed.