Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Results 451 to 474 of 474
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Elian freezes mid-step. One foot hovering awkwardly over the stone floor, he turns his head to peer over his shoulder. "Dear Aurora," he begins, his voice calm despite the undoubtedly precarious situation. "Might you have a few of those vials handy?" He holds one in his hand, prepared to fling at the first hostile undead to show itself.

    "It appears that my penchant for stealth may not be helpful. Would anyone else care to take point?"

  2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    "I don't like this...could this be the Lopper?" asks Kristoph as he continues to concentrate his attention towards the room, looking for undead auras. "I don't see any undead yet. Gundwolf, try and get the portcullis to stay up so we don't get trapped inside. Everyone else,
    stay sharp and look out for any threats.
    "

  3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    "Ouch! Socrates, wait!!" Aurora's cries go unheeded as her familiar blatantly disregards her instructions for the first time sense the awakening of her powers. "There is a great evil up ahead..." she warns the others, clenching her shawl tightly to keep her hands from shaking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Elian freezes mid-step. One foot hovering awkwardly over the stone floor, he turns his head to peer over his shoulder. "Dear Aurora," he begins, his voice calm despite the undoubtedly precarious situation. "Might you have a few of those vials handy?" He holds one in his hand, prepared to fling at the first hostile undead to show itself.
    "Oh, those were my last two of the holy water!! Um, here - I do have another haunt siphon," she passes it to Elian. Then, lowering her voice, ""Speaking of stealth, I still have two scrolls of hide from undead - should we use them here, do you think?
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    "Methinks that time has passed," Elian responds. "Perhaps Gundwolf will be better suited for what comes next?"

  5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CleverDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NE USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981
    "I don't like this...could this be the Lopper?"
    "Ohhhh ho! You've 'eard of me, eh!?" This sets off another round of high-pitched titters and cackles that fill the dismal chamber. "When 'e wasn't beatin' me to the point of death, my pa usedta take me fishin' n' huntin'. I HATED fishin!" The room, if possible, grows a bit darker as the Lopper's anger rises. "Oh, but I loved huntin'! Pa was muh first prey, 'e was." The voice seems to emanate from the left of the chamber. "I stole 'is pack, bow 'n blanket in the woods when 'e rested like a lil baby between findin' deer. An' I waited." And now, it's on the right of the chamber. "Heeehehehee!! Pa had no idea it was me huntin' HIM! He was lost an' so scared an' so tired! Just like a frightened lil fawn." The voice fills the chamber again, rising in pitch and intensity. "On the third day, 'e lost 'is 'ead! PLOP! Bounce bounce bounce it went! Heeeehehehehehee!!"

    A moment passes in silence, then from behind the group in the hallway, the disembodied voice whispers, "I wonder what yer 'eads will sound like when they bouncebouncebounce." Kristoph turns around and with his ability to detect undead, there is a brief momentary fading glimmer indicating the presence of undeath, but it's no longer there.

    Then, louder and in front of the group once more, the high-pitched voice of the Lopper taunts, "I do love a good hunt. It's been so LONG. Heeehehehehee!! Come, my sweet prey. Come an' meet the hunter's axe.
    " Then all goes silent once more.
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

  6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Gundwolf freezes at the mocking cries of the disembodied voice; even the irritable growling rasp of his breaths (deepened by his magically enlarged state) cease with the holding of the half-orc's breath.

    As the Lopper's taunts continue, a breathy exhalation explodes from Gundwolf's lips. "Coward! Monster!" he bellows into the chamber. "Show yourself!"
    Lehasti Gesmeha for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Gundwolf for Carrion Crown

  7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Aurora is rummaging about in her pack for something that might be of use when all of the pieces suddenly click! inside her head - Socrates' disobedience, the ominous atmosphere, and the spirit's uncanny ability to cast its voice about from anywhere - "It's a wraith!!!" she cries suddenly, her voice shrill with fear. "Bodiless -
    normal weapons won't harm it! It steals life energy from its victims to make itself stronger! Its only weakness is the strong light of day!
    " She feels the familiar sensation of terror rising in the back of her mind, despite all the work she's done to overcome it. "This is stronger than any foe we've faced so far - can we defeat it???"
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    "We must try - the Lady of Graves will bless our efforts. Stay strong and do not hold back! Use all your power to fight it when it makes itself visible!" encourages Kristoph fervently, his eyes nearly glowing silver in his intense effort to catch a glimpse of the undead. "Do not be afraid to use magic against it. I will smite it immediately, but more mundane attacks may need bolstering. Elian, can you enchant Gundwolf's weapon? We will need his enlarged assistance..."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I don't think we can bring the fight to it - when it attacks, we should retaliate, but unless we have to go inside the room I think we should wait a moment longer to let it get impatient and come to us.

  9. - Top - End - #459
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CleverDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NE USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    From behind Gundwolf's bulk, Leone interjects softly, "My friend, with your gifts from the Lady of Graves and mine, we can put this terrible spirit to rest. But alone, your gift will no further harm the creature than any other mundane blade would. But, thanks to Her blessing, I have the ability to make your weapon reach into the spirit realm, if only for a short period of time. But if we are to do this, then it needs to happen quickly. It will last only a few seconds. I wish I could do more."

    She looks past the crowd into the chamber beyond where the malevolent spirit awaits, her face a mixture of determination and a touch of fear.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Make a decision soon as to your course of action.

    Leone can use her Souls Domain ability on one of your weapons as a standard action, which allows your weapon to do half damage to incorporeal creatures. If your weapon is magic, then it will do full damage. So it stacks well with Elian's scrolls. The touched blade's spirit touch enchantment only lasts for 2 rounds, however.

    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

  10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Kristoph's directs his scowl at the disembodied voice as he hears Leone's explanation. "Well, we must face it in any case. Gundwolf, find a way to prop open the portcullis. We don't want to get trapped in there with the Lopper. Aurora and Leone, empower Gundwolf's weapon first and mine next. Then strike it with everything you have when it appears," he orders as he slowly moves into the room with the pit, his eyes scanning the room for their enemy.

  11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Aurora nods and readies herself - her dagger remains in its sheathe, ineffective against such a foe. Instead, golden motes of light begin to play about her hands as she prepares to draw upon her last reserves of arcane energy.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ready to proceed. Aurora has only a single spell left for the day, which she will probably use as an offensive CLW to damage the wraith. After that she's out of ways to be useful except as a distraction, unless we have a wand she could use.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #462
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Elian groans quietly at Aurora's declaration. "That is... less than ideal," he comments, obviously. Stepping closer to Gundwolf, he rapidly unfurls and begins reading from a scroll. "May your flail prove sufficient, Gundwolf."

    The weapon begins to glow faintly as Elian reaches past his ally's bulk to touch its grip. "Leone, I believe you are next."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Use one of the scrolls to make Gundwolf's flail a +1 flail for 1 minute.

  13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Gundwolf's gray-tinged skin pales at the declaration of the unseen foe's incorporeal state. As Elian steps away from his huge, slightly-glowing flail, the enlarged half-orc begins to swirl its head in tight circles, his toothy canines bared against the apparently empty room. "Come, fiend, and be sent to the dark place that awaits you!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Are we at the stage of readied actions and stuff? If so, Gundwolf has an attack readied against a foe which becomes visible:
    Attack: (1d20+8)[15] (includes Power Attack)
    CC: (1d20+8)[12] for x2 on 27+
    Damage: (2d8+12)[22] magic bludgeoning
    Crit damage: (2d8+12)[21] magic bludgeoning

    Spoiler: AoO, if applicable
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[11] (includes Power Attack)
    CC: (1d20+8)[9] for x2 on 27+
    Damage: (2d8+12)[19] magic bludgeoning
    Crit damage: (2d8+12)[27] magic bludgeoning


    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Gundwolf
    M Chaotic Neutral Half-Orc Barbarian (Superstitious) 3, Level 3, Init 2, HP 26/30, DR 0, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15, CMD 22, Fort 7, Ref 3, Will 3, CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Trip, Disarm Heavy Flail Melee (1d10+Str*1.5, 19-20, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d4+Str, 19-20, x2)
    Sling (Bullets x 50) Ranged (1d4+Str, x2)
    Breastplate (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 7
    Condition Enlarge Person: +2 Str/-2 Dex/-1 Atk/-1 AC
    Magic Weapon: +1, 9 rds remaining
    Lehasti Gesmeha for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Gundwolf for Carrion Crown

  14. - Top - End - #464
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CleverDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NE USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Only a quiet fading disembodied chuckle answers Gundwolf's taunt. Leone squeezes past Gundwolf to place her hand on Kristoph's weapon for a moment, at which point it grows somewhat hazy and blurred. She nods at the paladin grimly, "Now put this aberration to rest," and she turns towards the Oubliette's inner chamber.

    Suddenly, Gundwolf feels a cut open up in his arm from his right side as he barely sees a ghostly axe recede back into the cramped tunnel's wall. Blood begins to pour from the wound swiftly, but instead of dropping to the ground it flies through the air and even more strangely, turns to smoke after flying a few inches.

    Spoiler: Begin Round 1
    Show

    Before initiative, Leone moved up beside Kristoph to enchant his weapon with the spirit touch Souls domain ability. His attacks will deal half damage (even while smiting) to incorporeal creatures for the next 2 rounds.

    Surprise action was for the Lopper to attack Gundwolf from within the wall (and succeeded). Rolls are in the OOC thread. Gundwolf takes 4 points of damage and then will take another 3 points of bleed damage at the start of his turn.

    It is now everyone's action, then the Lopper at the end of the round. Currently, he is not visible.

    Google Doc updated with positions.

    Ongoing Effects:
    Gundwolf: magic weapon (round 1 / 10)
    Gundwolf: enlarge person (round 32 / 60)
    Kristoph: touch the spirit world (round 1 / 2)
    Last edited by CleverDragon; 2018-01-10 at 03:44 PM.
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

  15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    "Oh- Gundwolf!" Aurora cries in dismay as the wound from the Lopper's axe continues to bleed grievously. Rushing to the enlarged barbarian's side, she calls upon the last of her arcane energies to heal the wound shut.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to AE/15 (or somewhere else adjacent to Gundolf) and then case CLW on him. Use a point from her Arcane Reservior to increase the CL by 2, so that it heals for (1d8+5)[11] HP.

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Aurora
    F NG Human Unlettered Arcanist 3, Level 3, Init 8, HP 17/20, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 11, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 3, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1
    dagger -1 (1d4 - 2, 19-20/x2)
    mage armor (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 7, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 11
    Condition None
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #466
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    "Everyone, in! Get away from the walls!" Elian hastens into the room, and pulls out another scroll. "Come on, you bastard..."

    Spoiler: Elian round 1
    Show
    Elian Evenstarr
    M NG Dhampir Seeker Sorc 1/Bard 2, Level 3, Init +5, HP 16/16, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 11, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +4, CMB +0, Base Attack Bonus 2
    light crossbow (18 bolts) +5 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
    Dagger +1 or +5 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 9, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 18
    Condition1st level spells: 2/4
    Blood is life: 7/7

    Move into the room, at least 10' from the walls
    Ready action to use scroll of magic missile (CL 5) on the wraith: (3d4+3)[11] dmg Just kidding

    Double move to AE/8

  17. - Top - End - #467
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CleverDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NE USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Leone steps to the side to allow Elian to pass and then looks to Gundwolf. "Your turn, big guy." She reaches out to touch the half-orc's flail with one hand and puts the other hand on the amulet around her neck, wordlessly beseeching Pharasma for her aid. His weapon, already glowing from Elian's enchantment, also becomes somewhat indistinct and blurry. "Now, take down this abomination and give him the rest he deserves!"

    She then hustles into the chamber to join Elian, away from the walls, casting a wary eye on the pit in front of her.

    Spoiler: Mid-Round 1
    Show

    Leone uses a standard action to enchant Gundwolf's weapon and moves her full 20' to AF/8.

    Gundwolf now has the touch the spirit world effect on his flail as well as it being a +1 weapon. If he hits, he now does full damage against incorporeal creatures for the next two rounds.

    Ongoing Effects:
    Gundwolf: touch the spirit world (round 1 / 2)
    Gundwolf: magic weapon (round 2 / 10)
    Gundwolf: enlarge person (round 32 / 60)
    Kristoph: touch the spirit world (round 1.5 / 2)
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

  18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Gundwolf spins in place, flinching away from the ghostly axe and swinging his flail in the direction of... the wall. Pain and anger erupt from the half-orc in a bellowing roar! His face contorted in anger and hatred, he moves to follow the group into the wider open space, flail readied for any appearance of the ghostly foe...

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to the square of AD8/AE9
    Ready an attack against the foe, if it presents itself:

    Attack: (1d20+7)[20]
    CC: (1d20+7)[24] for x2 on 26+
    Damage: (2d8+13)[25] magic/bludgeoning damage with spirit touch
    Crit damage: (2d8+13)[24]

    AoO, if applicable:
    Attack: (1d20+7)[15]
    CC: (1d20+7)[16] for x2 on 26+
    Damage: (2d8+13)[24] magic/bludgeoning damage with spirit touch
    Crit damage: (2d8+13)[26]

    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Gundwolf
    M Chaotic Neutral Half-Orc Barbarian (Superstitious) 3, Level 3, Init 2, HP 30/30, DR 0, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15, CMD 22, Fort 7, Ref 3, Will 3, CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Trip, Disarm Heavy Flail Melee (1d10+Str*1.5, 19-20, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d4+Str, 19-20, x2)
    Sling (Bullets x 50) Ranged (1d4+Str, x2)
    Breastplate (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 7
    Condition Enlarge Person: +2 Str/-2 Dex/-1 Atk/-1 AC
    Magic Weapon: +1, 8 rds remaining
    Spirit Touch: 1 rd remaining
    Lehasti Gesmeha for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Gundwolf for Carrion Crown

  19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Spoiler: Round 1, Kristoph's Status
    Show
    Kristoph Harrisson
    Male Lawful Good Half-Elf Paladin 2/Oracle 1, Level 3, Init 3, HP 25/31, Speed 30 ft. Base
    AC 26, Touch 17, Flat-footed 25, CMD 17, Fort 9, Ref 5, Will 9, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Longsword +8 (1d8+4, 19-20/x2) (+1 Damage vs. Undead) (+2 damage on first successful attack)
    Breastplate +1, Heavy Steel Shield, Smite Evil (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Misc, +4 Charisma)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 18
    Condition Lay on Hands 3/5 Used
    Smite Evil (1/1 Used)

    "Elian is right - get out in the open where the fiend cannot disappear into the walls!" barks Kristoph as he moves carefully into the oubliette, his longsword sweeping the air around him restlessly. "Lady of Graves, help me strike him down!"

    Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show
    Move to AD8 and ready an action to attack with his longsword.
    Swift action to Smite Evil the Lopper's Wraith

    Readied attack with Longsword: (1d20+8)[12] attack, (1d20+8)[23] (19-20/x2), (1d8+6)[7] damage (pierces all damage reduction, not yet halved), (1d8+6)[7] critical strike damage

  20. - Top - End - #470
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    CleverDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NE USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    As one, the group rushes into the central chamber, ready to do battle with the maniacal Lopper's spirit. His laughter echoes around the room as they all rush in. That is, all except for Aurora. She feels the small hairs on her neck begin to raise as a mounting dread consumes her. Then, floating from the wall near her, the Lopper appears between her and the rest of the group.

    He appears as a tall, gaunt man with a too-large toothy, maniacal grin. His eyes are pin-points of glaring, white-hot hatred. His ghostly legs are gnarled and broken, and his spirit moves similarly - even though floating in the air with ease, his gait stumbles and lurches as though standing on two broken, twisted legs. He holds a wicked looking axe in hand that he brings down in a mighty chop at the young wizardress.

    Even though insubstantial, the axe slices through Aurora's skin like a hot knife through butter. The wound - just like Gundwolf's a moment ago - begins to seep blood at a faster than normal rate. And like before, the blood flies through the air and turns to smoke. It seems impossible but the Lopper's grin widens. In a deep, menacing voice, his eyes bore into the young woman's as he growls, "RUN!" Followed by another round of laughs, this time much throatier. Deeper. Not high pitched like before.

    Spoiler: Begin Round 2
    Show

    Rolls are in OOC.

    Lopper moves to AE/14. He successfully attacks Aurora, dealing 6 points of damage, plus she'll take 3 points of bleed damage at the start of her turn.

    Image of the Lopper:


    Ongoing Effects:
    Gundwolf: touch the spirit world (round 2 / 2)
    Gundwolf: magic weapon (round 3 / 10)
    Gundwolf: enlarge person (round 33 / 60)
    Kristoph: touch the spirit world (round 2 / 2) (technically, it would be over right now, since it was cast before initiative, but I'll let it carry over into this round)
    Last edited by CleverDragon; 2018-01-12 at 10:21 AM.
    Carrion Crown: Dice | IC-2 | Doc
    Ruins of Azlant: OOC | Doc
    ~~~~~
    Calathon - Mummy's Mask

  21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    "Aiieee!!!" Kristoph and Elian's warnings come too late for Aurora, and she cries in agony as the the ghostly blade inflicts a very real wound. Heedless of the danger she rushes around the Lopper's spirit to join the others deeper in the room.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Double-move to AG/6 (possibly incurring an AoO).

    (Status includes 6 damage from the attack and 3 bleed damage from this turn)
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Aurora
    F NG Human Unlettered Arcanist 3, Level 3, Init 8, HP 8/20, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 11, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 3, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1
    dagger -1 (1d4 - 2, 19-20/x2)
    mage armor (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 7, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 11
    Condition Bleeding 3 HP / rd
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Spoiler: Round 2, Kristoph's Status
    Show
    Kristoph Harrisson
    Male Lawful Good Half-Elf Paladin 2/Oracle 1, Level 3, Init 3, HP 25/31, Speed 30 ft. Base
    AC 26, Touch 17, Flat-footed 25, CMD 17, Fort 9, Ref 5, Will 9, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Longsword +8 (1d8+4, 19-20/x2) (+1 Damage vs. Undead) (+2 damage on first successful attack)
    Breastplate +1, Heavy Steel Shield, Smite Evil (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Misc, +4 Charisma)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 7, Cha 18
    Condition Lay on Hands 3/5 Used
    Smite Evil (1/1 Used)

    Kristoph growls as he leaps towards the wraith, trying to get into position to strike at it while remaining away from the walls.

    Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show
    I cannot see the map, so Kristoph moves as best he can to help Aurora without getting adjacent to a wall.

    Attack with Longsword: (1d20+8)[16] attack, (1d20+8)[28] (19-20/x2), (1d8+6)[10] damage (pierces all damage reduction, not yet halved), (1d8+6)[13] critical strike damage

  23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    Gundwolf starts, shocked by the creature's twisted, unnatural gait and ungainly appearance. The shock on his face vanishes after an instant, mingling with his previous expression of hatred to tinge it with disgust. "Come, coward! Or can you not hunt prey with teeth to bite back?" He punctuates the last word with a heavy crack of his flail against the stones that pave the dungeon.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    I'm assuming that, per hangouts, Kristoph does not charge out away from the group right after Aurora charges to the group. Gundwolf will ready an attack for the Lopper, should he approach:

    Attack: (1d20+7)[20]
    CC: (1d20+7)[16] for x2 on 26+
    Damage: (2d6+13)[20] magic/bludgeoning (includes PA, Magic Weapon +1, Vengeful, and Subject of Study bonuses)
    Crit damage: (2d6+13)[18] magic/bludgeoning

    AoO, if applicable:
    Attack: (1d20+7)[22]
    CC: (1d20+7)[14] for x2 on 26+
    Damage: (2d6+13)[19] magic/bludgeoning (includes PA, Magic Weapon +1, Vengeful, and Subject of Study bonuses)
    Crit damage: (2d6+13)[20] magic/bludgeoning



    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Gundwolf
    M Chaotic Neutral Half-Orc Barbarian (Superstitious) 3, Level 3, Init 2, HP 30/30, DR 0, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15, CMD 22, Fort 7, Ref 3, Will 3, CMB +9, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Trip, Disarm Heavy Flail Melee (1d10+Str*1.5, 19-20, x2)
    Dagger Melee (1d4+Str, 19-20, x2)
    Sling (Bullets x 50) Ranged (1d4+Str, x2)
    Breastplate (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 7
    Condition Enlarge Person: +2 Str/-2 Dex/-1 Atk/-1 AC
    Magic Weapon: +1, 7 rds remaining
    Spirit Touch: 0 rd remaining
    Lehasti Gesmeha for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Gundwolf for Carrion Crown

  24. - Top - End - #474
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maryland :(
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Trans-Atlantic Carrion Crown - Thread #2 (IC)

    "Leone, do it! I will be safe!" Elian backs further from the group, content to trust the space to protect him for the moment.

    Spoiler: Elian round 2
    Show
    Elian Evenstarr
    M NG Dhampir Seeker Sorc 1/Bard 2, Level 3, Init +5, HP 16/16, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 11, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +4, CMB +0, Base Attack Bonus 2
    light crossbow (18 bolts) +5 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
    Dagger +1 or +5 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 9, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 18
    Condition1st level spells: 2/4
    Blood is life: 7/7

    Move to AC/2
    pull out scroll of magic missile (CL 5)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •