New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Peril and Fame (IC)

Zuberi
    East Dockway

Zuberi made his way through the Dockway's central thoroughfare in the general direction of the Irespan. Skirting the bazaar, he could see a wide path leading up along the side of the cliff. In the district above, and farther south along the Seacleft's edge, he could make out the rooftops of a number of grand villas. Beyond, a tower soared over the district, perhaps a hundred feet above the cliff, and spanning hundreds more feet down the embankment to the city below.

Before exiting the Dockway, one monument does catch his eye. Atop a stone dais, four figures stand facing out in suitably epic poses as a swarm of vaguely arachnidian monsters the size of wolves clamber out from the cracks in the sides of the stone. A marble plaque identifies the four heroes (all patinated bronze) as the twin wizard Cailyn and Romre Vanderale, depicted back-to-back, each in a grandiose display of arcane power. Romre's staff, raised high overhead, is set with a radiant topaz that casts a pale blue light over the whole scene. The twins have an air of nobility about them, which could be attributed to their fine clothes and pretty faces. The two remaining figures are Andalel (a crouching elf with a short bow) and Edena Mathis (a woman in armor, shown skewering one spider with her blade while fending off a second as it attempts to pry her shield away).

Nearby, a teenaged boy and girl sit back to back on a park bench. They read aloud to each other, taking turns from a copy of the same book while holding hands.

Valamir & Irene
    West Dockway

Baron's lips curl into an oversized smirk at Irene, "Crash Course Magnimar? Well, all right! The Sczarni families are a loose affiliation of Varisian crime families. And I do mean family -- just yell 'O, vărul!' and twenty people will turn around. They're every bad thing you've ever heard about Varisians where you're from. They run pick pocketing rings, protection rackets, literally everything in 'Organized Crime: An Introduction'. That's not a real book. I'd buy it, but I don't think it's real."

Fluffy comes around and jingles her sack of coins at Irene. A quick glance reveals maybe twenty pieces of copper and a few silvers.

"It's not like they have any central command, so there's not much to worry about in the grand scheme of things. I mean, I guess they're united in their disdain for everyone who isn't Varisian, but that's not enough to get them to work together for anything really sinister. The mooks in orange from before? They're the Wreckwash Blades. Work for a man named Donal Carent. Not the worst gang in town, but they've got some influence in this district. Powerful enough to kick the Tower Girls out a few months back."

"And yes, mysterious ashy stranger, I would like to perform someplace that isn't a crate that smells a little bit like sheep! How did you know that my life's goal was to not do that. Are you a diviner? Hey, this guy's a diviner! He sees the future! HE HAS THE GIFT!"

A porter flashes the Baron a confused look and continues down the street. The entertainer tents his fingers resumes his deadpan expression. "So, you'll get in touch with my people?"

Spoiler: Baron - Full Description
    Show
    The man claiming to be 'The Baron' has a slim build and long, dexterous fingers. He's a bit short at around 5'9". He has brown eyes and reddish brown short hair and a trim full beard. Despite his antics, you have no doubt he's sane, just really sarcastic and boisterous. Judging from his slender forearms, he's not accustomed to labor.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-07-17 at 07:36 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Zuberi was relieved to find a modicum of peace and quiet near the end of the Dockway. The monument before him was truly impressive; he surmised that it must depict a group of famous heroes, commemorating some triumph in service to the city.

The young couple reading on the bench caught his attention. He would have normally left them to their reading in peace, but they seemed of a gentler, well-educated sort. Zuberi approached them, and bowed deeply at the waist before speaking.

"Please pardon my intrusion of your privacy, I mean no disrespect. I am newly arrived in town, and seek a district or neighborhood where temples to the gods are common. If you could spare directions, I would be in your debt."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    "Crash Course Magnimar? Well, all right! The Sczarni families are a loose affiliation of Varisian crime families. And I do mean family -- just yell 'O, vărul!' and twenty people will turn around. They're every bad thing you've ever heard about Varisians where you're from. They run pick pocketing rings, protection rackets, literally everything in 'Organized Crime: An Introduction'. That's not a real book. I'd buy it, but I don't think it's real."

"It's not like they have any central command, so there's not much to worry about in the grand scheme of things. I mean, I guess they're united in their disdain for everyone who isn't Varisian, but that's not enough to get them to work together for anything really sinister. The mooks in orange from before? They're the Wreckwash Blades. Work for a man named Donal Carent. Not the worst gang in town, but they've got some influence in this district. Powerful enough to kick the Tower Girls out a few months back."
    Nodding her thanks at the Baron, Irčne briefly made a motion to turn around and head off toward the Bazaar before briefly freezing up.

He doesn't mean...

"Thank you for the information, but... just one question. Who are the Tower Girls?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If the baron means that the Wreckwash Blades managed to kick a religious order of Desnans out of their tower,
    Show
    Irčne will stick around and try to find out as much details as she can. If not, she'll continue on to the Keystone district.

Everything dissolves into blue.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

"No, that's my sister who has the gift," he responds. "At least, she always seems to know what I'm thinking."

"I'm not actually sure how to be in touch with your people," Valamir replied. "Aside from coming back to the market here and calling for Fluffy to appear perhaps...?" he adds with a smirk.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Shimura
    Bazaar of Sails, Dockway

As Shimura made his way through the market, a few suitable gifts caught his eye. First there was a selection of Chelish wines. As he knew almost nothing about the quality and reputation of the vintages, he had to rely on the word of the merchant, who seems trustworthy enough. He assures Shimura that there is a lot of competition in the bazaar, so he'd have no customers at all if he was unfair with his prices. When told that the wine is for a lady, he presents three candidates: a Longacre (12 gp. Said to be very dry, the boldest of the selection with a taste like black currants), a Sirmium White (8 gp. Described as the perfect summer wine, crisp and lightly sweet, and something you could drink entirely too much of if you weren't careful), and a bottle of Sweet Sorrow (18 gp. This one has the highest alcohol content and is quite sweet and dense.

Naturally, the merchant encourages him to buy the Sweet Sorrow. "The grapes are grown on the shores Lake Sorrow, just north of Egorian. Wonderful table grapes -- even better wine! Queen Abrogail herself takes a glass nightly you know? "

Nearby, Shimura also notes the cloth merchant. A bolt of silk would certainly make an impression, though it would be far more expensive than a single bottle of wine.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-07-18 at 05:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Zuberi
    Eyes of the Hawk, Dockway

The young couple starts, having been lost in their own world as they read together from their copies of An Offensive Primer, by Galenus (a girmoire for amature mages, judging from the diagrams of hand gestures in the margins).

"That's the Keystone district. Southwest of here. You're on Hawk Street now, so stay on this road until you find the Seerspring Garden. There's a bronze statue of The Lady of Blessed Waters there atop a big fountain. Bronze too! Not covered in verdigris like the Eyes of the Hawk here,"
    says the boy.

Irene and Valamir
    Near the Bazaar of Sails, Dockway

Baron shrugs at Irene's question. "The Tower Girls are another Sczarni gang. All women though. Ugh, sexiiist! I think they're mostly into burglary? I heard some of them work as tumblers in an act in Lowcleft."

Fluffy again jingles the sack of coins at the two. "FLUFFY DEMANDS A SACRIFICE! ONLY BLOOD CAN FORESTALL THE GREAT TRAMPLING!"

Baron continues, ignoring the floating unicorn's antics. "If you want to see me again, come down here and catch the show. I go on before and after lunch every weekday. But uh... I didn't catch your name." He shoots a finger and squints accusingly at Valamir.

Spoiler: OOC - Mantas
    Show
    Irene will progress to the Keystone district momentarily. Will make a new post for that.

7. - Top - End - #37

Irčne giggled at Fluffy's threats. "My apologies, Fluffy; I didn't mean to forget you. Have some tribute." Delicately, Irčne placed 30 silver pieces into the sack. "And thank you for the information and performance, good Baron. And my name is Irčne Levesque, just in case you wanted to know mine as well."
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-07-18 at 08:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

"Valamir Costa, at your service," he replies with a deep bow. "Late of Kintargo where I ran The Grey Ghost tavern with my sister, Valora. I've come to Magnimar in search of a fresh start." Valamir adds a few gold pieces of his own (5) to the sack.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Vai

As the crew brought the Minx into port and the other passengers began to gather on the deck, Vai disappeared back into the cabin of the vessel's patron where she'd sequestered her belongings. It was not long before she emerged again, though what she emerged in certainly drew the eye. Rather than the diaphanous silken nothings she'd worn on the voyage, her torso was wreathed tightly in gold-tinted chain that extended halfway down her arms in dagged sleeves and angled diagonally down from her waist to terminate against her right thigh. Over the chain was a black leather vest studded with small golden spikes, and on her shoulders rested golden pauldrons that curved into wicked barbs. Her long gloves and thigh-boots were similarly black leather, the buckles and knuckle studs similarly gold, while striped black and yellow leggings concealed the rest of her legs. Her black hair was arranged into an intricate braid beneath a golden headband studded with jet, and from her neck dangled her golden holy symbol. A long curveblade was hanging diagonally across her back, hilt just within reach of her right hand, and on her back was a small black pack where one must assume her more scandalous vestments had been hidden away. Finally, across her shoulders and affixed with a gold and amber brooch was an intricate kapenia, black and gold woven together with brilliant blues, oranges, greens, reds, and purples.

She descended the gangplank last, with an almost wistful look in her eyes. That lingering nostalgia vanished, though, as she laid eyes on the three Varisians skulking around the docks. She considered approaching them for a moment, but thought better of it as they moved to accost a street performer. Pathetic, and ill earned. They would be of little help to her. She turned to dive deeper into the city, when at her side appeared the Chelaxian woman who'd made near as much of an impression aboard the Minx as she had. Her full lips drew into a brilliant smile as she took Alessandra's arm like they were old friends and began sashaying deeper into the city.

"Oh, I'm planning on meeting some friends of the family before I do anything else. The Temple can hold its own for one more day. But you say you'll go looking for work, Alessandra? I can't be sure, but my new friends might have something for you so long as you don't mind getting a little...rough."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2015-07-21 at 04:19 AM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Zuberi bows again to the helpful lad, deeply at the waist.
    "Thank you for your kindness. Should you find yourself in this Keystone District, ask for Zuberi among the followers of the Perfect One. Consider me at your disposal."

Show

Unless the young apprentices have anything else to say to him, Zuberi will believe the exchange finished and begin following the boy'd directions to the Keystone district.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Irene and Zuberi
    Seerspring Garden, Keystone

After a brisk walk through the bustling midday marketplace and down Drake Street, Irene finds the monument that marks the beginning of the Keystone district. Zuberi takes Drake Street directly and is able to bypass the activity of the bazaar. They arrive at approximately the same time.

Three clusters of vegetation surround the central fountain, each with dense and tall, unmanicured boxwoods at their hearts and rose bushes along the perimeter. The roses should be the envy of any noble estate with ivory blooms the size of a man's fist. The central stone pool is circular, twenty feet in diameter with a dais in the middle, ringed with reliefs of fan tailed carp. Atop the dais stands a life-sized bronze statue of a delicate beauty in a clingy robe. Her head is bowed, perhaps in contemplation or mourning, and one hand reaches for the water. The water itself is still except for the trickle of water that bubbles up from the woman's feat and cascades down the sides. A dozen white carp swim lazily in the basin.

It's quiet here, despite being so small and close to the heart of the city. There are no park benches. Apart from the fountain, the only thing here that reminds you that you're still in Magnimar at all is a nearby stone laid in the ground with the words 'Our Lady of Blessed Waters'.

Spoiler: Irene
    Show
    Three things strike Irene as odd. First, the statue, clearly bronze, shows absolutely no sign of age -- this close to the sea, the bronze should be green with patina in only a few decades. Second, the water isn't just clean and clear, it's brilliant. Third, the fountain seems to be one solid piece of stone.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-07-21 at 05:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Zuberi found the pleasant stillness of the fountain plaza soothing. He stopped for a moment to admire the fountain, before noticing Irene nearby. He had seen her aboard the Minx, of course. Catching her eye, he bowed to her, placing his right fist in open left palm in a gesture of respect.
    "Madam Irene, it is good to see you again. It seems we both sought a similar destination upon leaving the ship. I am glad to learn Magnimar is not all mummers and merchants."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Alessandra,
    Dockway

The elbow-lock almost took her by surprise, but then again it wasn't terribly surprising that the Calistrian might tend to favor a physical sort of acknowledgment. Alessandra herself managed a faint smile despite the somewhat unusual nature of the engagement, maintaining as much space as twined arms would allow. "Rough, you say?" She said back, allowing herself a short chuckle at the image that conjured. Even if Vai weren't speaking directly of the Temple, it was hardly a secret what sort of service the Calistrians usually offered. "I do suppose that depends on exactly what kind of rough we're talking." A bit of a grin accompanied those last few words. She'd hear it out, at least.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2015-07-21 at 08:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Irčne nodded lightly at Zuberi's greeting, her eyes wide as she took in the sights of the fountain plaza. "Indeed not, Zuberi. Look at this place." Sweeping her gloved hand across the sights of the fountain plaza in a grand gesture, Irčne spoke. "As beautiful and as perfectly kept a garden as any I've ever seen. Every last carving, every last detail. And... The statue. This close to the sea it should be green with rust, but here it stands, perfect as the day it was cast. The fountain, carved from a single piece of stone. And the water... the purest I've ever seen."

The priestess gave a slight pause as the words sunk in.

"This is beauty the greatest of dreams could scarcely fathom."Raising a hand, Irčne made to scan the fountain for magic.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Using Detect Magic for the full 3 rounds, followed by Spellcraft checks as necessary to identify any spells.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Vai

Vai's chuckle was nothing short of a purr as she took Alessandra's meaning.

"Oh never fear, it's not that sort of work. My family's friends operate a small...mercantile concern. Normally, they'd be somewhat leery of hiring non-Varisian help, but I'm sure I could put in a good word if you were interested?"

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

After he drops the coins in the sack, Valamir once again turns back to the performer. "Say, one additional question for you, Mr. - uh, do you go by anything besides "The Baron?" - Is there a good place around here to get a good, strong drink, and the news around town?"

Show
    Lacking any more information from what's-his-face, Valamir is going to go in search of said drinking establishment.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Irčne and Valamir
    Previously...

The Baron stutters about their tips being incredibly generous while Fluffy announces that The Great Trampling has been rescheduled for the Toilsday after next (and that everyone should clear their schedules and eat a big breakfast that day).

When asked about his name, the Baron scoffs and dismisses the implication with, "Ha! Please..." but gives Valamir directions to the nearby The Old Fang tavern.

Valamir
    The Old Fang, Dockway

This low class taproom and inn, directly on the northern docks, is covered in peeling white paint. The formerly black paint on the wooden placard above the door has been bleached by the sun to a chalky grey. Inside, some twenty dockworkers and sailors sit around long tables, shoveling down their vegetable stew and chasing it with droughts of pale ale. A stout woman with short black hair and olive skin hurries around to bring bowls to those still waiting for food. When the door opens she shoots a glance to Valamir and mutters, "Have a seat anywhere, I'll be with you in a..." but trails off when she realizes the striking man isn't some common lout. She wipes her hands on her apron and approaches, her surly demeanor fading instantly. "What can I get you, love? Glass of Longacre?"

Mixed in with the rabble is a handsome lad of perhaps seventeen with a straight nose. His blond hair is carefully slicked back. His clothes are fairly common, but he wears a leather black leather doublet and there's a fine looking short sword on his belt with an emerald mounted on the pommel. He looks up at Valamir briefly, but goes back to picking at his roast chicken.

The walls of the tavern are decorated with preserved and mounted sea creatures. Apart from an impressive blue marlin and a dog-sized lobster/scorpion, what stands out the most is the head of a barracuda displayed prominently on the wall opposite the entrance. Its gaping mouth is over two feet wide.

Irčne and Zuberi
    Seerspring Garden, Keystone

The calm of the garden is broken only by a carp popping the surface of the pond to devour a mosquito.

Spoiler: Irčne
    Show
    Irčne detects a faint transmutation aura on the statue and one on the water itself. A second strong transmutation aura radiates from the statue and casts its influence over the whole park. She lacks the knowledge to even guess about their properties beyond the obvious -- the statue looks brand new and the water is sparkling. The stone is nonmagical.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-07-22 at 08:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Irčne sighed softly as her mental search of her knowledge of spellcraft came up empty. Taking in a deep breath, she then promptly replaced those feelings with a sensation of well-being, and knelt by the fountain to meditate, silently praising Desna for visions of such beauty.

After spending about 15 minutes in prayer, she then rose once again and headed further into the Keystone district, looking for any promising-looking towers.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Shimura
    Charterhouse, Capital District

Venturing up into the Capital District from the Dockway, Shimura passes a row of shops and offices along the edge of the Seacleft. He takes note of one bronze placard, attached to an office/apartment, that reads, '332c Chandler Street, Brice Grinier, Consulting Detective'. Languid viola music can be heard within.

At the end of Chandler Street, Shimura comes to a soaring marble monument depicting a lonely tower encircled by a two headed serpent. At the top, a warrior stands, sword overhead and shield ready. An etched stone at the base of the tower are the words, 'Indros cul Vydrarch'.

Turning onto Founder's Street, he passes a small park plaza. Bureaucrats, scholars and a few nobles gather here, taking the air and talking business. Just beyond is a stately building with polished marble columns. Within, he's greeted by a suspicious female aide dressed in a tidy grey ensemble with a short jacket and pencil skirt. She sizes him up in an instant and twitches her nose, looking over his wrinkled attire.

"May I help you?" she chirps curtly, stopping him near the door.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Vai and Alessandra,
    Dockway

"Hey, it only takes one accidental brothel-referral before you start asking ahead of time." joked Alessandra, briefly scratching at the back of her head. Obviously this wasn't legal work, but burning bridges and acting well outside the usual constraints of law and order is sort of what adventurers just do, isn't it? "Well, I can do rough 'mercantile', if that's what you mean. I must say, you're pretty forward-" Though she didn't actually raise her voice, the mock alarm could be heard in her tone. "-already got your arm in mine and inviting me to meet the family!"

The catty smile gave away the joke a little too quickly, perhaps.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Vai

Vai favored Alessandra's latest response with a proper laugh and pulled away, bringing her hands to her chest in mock dismay.

"And you're not even properly dressed! Whatever will Cousin Skiloni think of this foreign woman who has stolen my heart?"

Her full lips curled ever higher into a smile as she spoke, though she managed to assume a dismayed face at the end for a few seconds before bursting into gales of musical laughter.

"Oh, Alessandra, I do think I like you. Come, help me find Cousin Skiloni and we can see if I can't deliver on what I've offered."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Shimura

The walk was surprisingly pleasant. The city was in many ways nicer than he had expected. This could be what he was searching for. Shimura was all but daydreaming by the time he reached the Chapterhouse. The aide swiftly put an end to that, however. Perhaps I should have cleaned up first... he thought to himself. It was too late now though. Shimura bowed and introduced himself, "I am here to inquire about purchasable property in the city. I am a blacksmith by trade, and seek to open a business. Have I come to the right place?" He smiled hopefully. She didn't seem impressed by his clothing, but maybe his rugged charm would show through.

Show
    Maybe diplomacy would help here?
    (1d20+12)[14] if needed.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2015-07-23 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

Chuckling to himself at the Baron's character, Valamir went in search of the recommended establishment. As he entered, the newcomer stopped just inside the doorway, examining the room, noting the decor and clientele. When addressed by the proprietor, he smiled and headed toward the bar, taking a seat. "Yes, I think that would do nicely, miss...?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

As Irene settled in to meditate or pray, Zuberi respectfully left her near the fountain. He walked along the main thoroughfare of the Keystone District, taking in the sights and making what observations he could about the temples and churches therein.

Show

Zuberi will do a bit of exploring, taking 10 on Knowledge (religion) in an attempt to recognize any symbols or signs of temples, churches, and shrines dedicated to the various deities. In particular, he is on the lookout for any signs of Iorori, and failing that, the churches of Sarenrae, Pharasma, and Abadar.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Zuberi, and then Irčne
    Wandering through Keystone

Zuberi/Irčne first passes by a wooden lodge and the closest building to the garden. Over the doorway arch, beautifully carved from the wood, is the image of a bow made of deer antlers -- easily identifiable as Erastil's holy symbol. Nearby, men in green tunics practice with their longbows, taking shots at hay stuffed dummies.

When Irčne draws near, one of the men, an exceptionally tall and burly fellow with a full black beard and braided hair, wishes her, "Good afternoon, lady! Are you looking for something and can I help you find it?" His broad smile implies he's attempting to flirt, but his offer is friendly and genuine.

Zuberi, meanwhile...

Zuberi, continuing west along the main road, comes to a single story white stone building with many tall, peaked windows. Outside, in the shade of a willow tree, a lanky half elven man with peppered hair lectures to a semicircle of young scholars. Zuberi takes in none of the jargon filled talk about "abjuration", but correctly surmises that this is a small school for wizards.

Turning southwest, he spies the spiked, dark grey edifice and blue slate rooftop of a temple. Immediately to the west of the temple, he can make out a wrought iron fence and a number of serene or protective angel statues within. Approaching, he recognizes the shape of a cenotaph and a mausoleum beyond. The temple must be devoted to Pharasma.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-07-23 at 05:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Irčne smiled genuinely at the devotee of Erastil as he approached her, inclining her head in greeting.

Polite and easy on the eyes.

"As a matter of fact, I am, good sir. I am a follower of Desna, and I was informed that they keep a temple here in the Keystone district - a tower. Would you be able to direct me there?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Vai and Alessandra
    Bazaar of Sails, Dockway

Unfortunately, and despite Vai's honeyed tongue and considerable streetwise, people in the Dockway seem unable or unwilling to divulge information about the Tower Girls after an hour of investigating. No one knows a Terisha Skiloni. Finally, a wine merchant in the bazaar is able to begin explaining the situation discreetly. He confides with Vai that the Tower Girls and the Wreckwash Blades had a sort of partnership until very recently, and even shared a headquarters. He doesn't know what was the cause of the rift, but he muses that he hasn't seen a sign of the Tower Girls in the Dockway for two months. Finally, he suggests Vai to venture down to Washer's Row in Beacon's Point and seek out a fortune teller known as The Amazing Zograthy.

"Filthy pesh addict, and nothing amazing about him except for the way he keeps his ear to the street and his head intact. Put some pesh or coin in his hand and he'll help you find your lady. Now, perhaps I could interest you in a bottle of Sweet Sorrow? I can sense that you have exquisite taste and... well frankly the vintage is so rich and complex that it's wasted on most. For you? Only seventeen gold crowns."

Spoiler: Vai
    Show
    Vai also learns to identify Wreckwash Blades by their orange sashes and armbands, and that the Blades are lead by Donal Carent. They're headquartered just east of the bazaar in a small tent city. As far as she knows, 17 gp is a good deal for a bottle of Sweet Sorrow. The merchant doesn't seem like he's trying to cheat you, he just wants your patronage in return from giving you information. He'll be more helpful in the future if you buy something.

Spoiler: Alessandra
    Show
    Alessandra also learns to identify Wreckwash Blades by their orange sashes and armbands, and that the Blades are lead by Donal Carent. They're headquartered just east of the bazaar in a small tent city. As far as she knows, 17 gp is a steal for a bottle of Sweet Sorrow. The merchant doesn't seem like he's trying to cheat you, he just wants your patronage in return from giving you information. There is perhaps the implication that the price of his silence (regarding what you've asked him) is to at least buy something.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-07-23 at 09:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Vai

Taking out her coin purse, Vai counted out seventeen well-worn golden crowns and passed them to the merchant.

"What a gentleman you are, sir, to recognize how highly I value the pleasures in life. A Chelaxian vintage, is it not? I shall be sure to keep your stall in mind for any future...transactions."

Her fingers lingered on his palm a moment too long while she pressed the coins down, and she took the bottle with a wink of her shadowed eyes. Sliding it carefully into her pack, she turned to Alessandra.

"Well, it seems we have a bit of a mystery to track down. I'm game if you are."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2015-07-23 at 09:49 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Zuberi

Pharasma was respected a great deal in northern Garund. Zuberi had Osirian blood running through his veins, and the Lady of Graves was a prominent figure in that ancestral land of sand and wonder.

He crossed the threshold into the temple, observing the brooding architecture and somber mood within. His thoughts immediately wandered to the friends and family he had left behind in distant Thuvia. What fate had fallen upon them, following his flight? Had any of them passed before Pharasma since then? Had they been judged?

Zuberi looked around for any fitting vestibule or pew where he might offer prayer.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Shimura

The aide seems unmoved by Shimura's good looks and easy demeanor, though she does perk up at the mention of 'blacksmith'. "You are correct. The Charterhouse oversees the lawful transfer of property, the sale of forfeited or abandoned property, and the allocation of land outside the city. If you'll please wait here, I'll see Ms Welch has time for you."

The young woman vanishes into the small labyrinthine of desks and shelves, but returns fifteen minutes later to escort Shimura to the desk of the bespectacled Ms. Welch. He's invited to take a seat and, after repeating his intentions, Ms. Welch assists him by showing him a detailed map of the city.

"In Beacon's Point, all metalwork is overseen by the the Most Excellent Order of Smiths," she says in a nasal voice, "I'll save you the time Mr. Hachiro, you don't want to even think about open shop there or in the Dockway district without paying your guild dues. I believe you'd have more success here in the Capital District. The Most Excellent Order won't bother you uptown, and it's likely you'd well received by the jewelers and the goldsmiths. The Alabaster District is also an option, though you would want to accept patronage from one of the great families first. I might also recommend Ordellia. There's a block nicknamed Little Kesai with a Minkaian population. I am correct in assuming you are from Minkai, Mr. Hachiro?"

Ultimately, she presents three lots available for purchase. The first is a vacant lot just off of Little Kesai, a narrow strip of land between two apartment buildings approximately 15 by 25 feet and the cheapest option at only 350 gold, though it obviously needs the most work. The second is a recently reclaimed shop in Bridgeward, a neighborhood in the capital district with the other artisans. The shop is also small, but well maintained. The previous owner died and, without a will, the city took ownership. A forge would need to be installed, but there's storeroom and front intact with a one bedroom apartment above. The lot occupied a 25x35 space and the price is 1,200 gp. The third property is near a museum in the Capital District (and just southeast of the Charterhouse) and would get the most foot traffic and window shoppers. The lot is 30x40 and undeveloped, but the location comes at the price of 3,500 gold. Additional, adjacent lots may also be purchased here for the same price.

If he would like to personally inspect either of the lots in the Capital District, the aide is sent to guide him and answer questions.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-07-23 at 11:31 PM.