New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 53 - The New Fluffy Overlords

Full Moon Party- Emily

"Oh, yes. Much better. Fully human, no thirst for the blood of the living, no serious sunlight allergies, I'm even training to be a priest. Not of Inari; I'm from Riverside, joining my parent's faith." Which is a far darker religion, as she fidgets with her one black glove.

Full Moon Party- Dao

The earth genie and his consort head over to the food table. Anyone who fancies chatting to an albino demon/elf hybrid or a misplaced dao can wander up, or they'll potentially find somebody.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party - Emily]

Kitnick smiles happily, the black glove meaning absolutely nothing to him at all.

That's great! And it's always good to follow the family business: keeps you closer and gives more things in common. I have a sister who went into tailoring, and I must admit that I get lost in all the stitches and patterns and darts and hems... but I'm sure I can natter on about lentils until people get quite tired.

Do you have any hobbies?

[Hospital]

The green-robed healer nods

Your injuries are healed: I see no reason that you would need to stay. But that is only one of two votes...

he bows and heads off, and the mind-healer in pale green robes that compliment his fur nicely turns to her.

Well, Su is cleared to go: now let's check on you, lovely Miss Jinkei.

And he gently places a paw on her head and begins to probe her mind, looking for problems or other issues...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Pokémon MiniQuest]

The third-rank robes are stylized kimonos of sky blue with navy trim. Vis' Pokedex helpfully says

"Delphox, the Fox Pokémon, and the final evolved form of Fennekin. When Delphox stares into the flame on the tip of its branch to achieve a focus state, it creates a bright hot spiral of fire with its psychic power."

Delphie smiles

I am a priestess of Inari, Vis: and I can heal Pokémon far more quickly and easily than a nurse in a center.

She turns her attention to the Torchic

Be calm, little one.

And she casts a healing spell, restoring the little fire-chicken's wing instantly.
    [Pokémon MiniQuest]

Far more quick? going through games they do it in an instant, while I rather tend to the anime in this case.

Vis got no idea what is going on and just watches for now, obviously much confused when the wing get's healed.

"What was that?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Full Moon Party

Steven blinks. "The man in question is one of Inari's immortal Messengers, and the mother in question is one of the only people I've met who outranks my fiancee. So. Yes. Yes, they are." he says, a bit confused at the question.
    Full Moon Party:

It's not as though Romeo knew any of that, but he does realize the awkwardness. Clearing his throat he tries to change a subject. "Are Tamamo and Inari part of larger pantheons? My own home was once polytheistic hundreds of years ago with gods with specific spheres of influence and things, but tides changed and they began worshipping the First Lord, who's more all encompassing."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

[Hospital]

Jinkei nods and closes her eyes in an attempt to focus as the mind-healer probes her mind.

He can see that her mind is mostly intact... apart from retrograde amnesia, memories she has that won't return, as evidenced by holes in her memories: whole events, faces, meeting people, though she still remembers the names... a bit. If he probes deeper into her subconscious, he'll see that on some level, she'd be better served not remembering some of the memories.

As for future memories, she suffers from short-term memory loss, meaning she'll periodically forget things she learnt about just 15-30 minutes ago. Trying to remember puts a strain on her mind.

She still has lessons she subconsciously remembers, though. Like, 'be celibate and stick to one lover', or 'never set foot in The Roost'.

Apart from these, she's okay!
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-17 at 02:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

Steven smiles.
    "Well, since they have followers on multiple worlds, it would be more accurate to say that they are part of multiple pantheons. I don't know if Inari has a world all to herself. For the most part her followers aren't supposed to know about the others, but the Nexus breaks rules since it is outside everything. I had to pretend I was from the home world of the doc who gave me my fifth rank exam, quite embarrassing, really." he admits.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon MiniQuest]

Yes... I was thinking more of the TV show and comics than the games.

Delphie smiles

Magic, of course. Priests can use magic to comfort and heal. Your little friend should be all ready to get back into action.

Tor-chic!

[Hospital]

The sand-fox sighs

Well... I would have liked to see things fixed up a little better. There are memories that were lost, and they will stay that way: no amount of healing is going to reverse that.
    But there still seems to be a lingering issue with your brain converting short term memories to long term... it doesn't seem to be physical, or the healing magic should have fixed it, nor yet properly mental or my psionics should have resolved it. We may need to request some assistance from one of the higher ranking priests such as Caroline or Steven or Helen...

He looks thoughtful

I will release you to the care of your father, but I strongly recommend that you do not leave the Temple for the next month or until this ongoing memory issue is resolved.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party- Emily

"Oh, my parents weren't priests. They worshipped, but they chose a different routes of advancement. Father was a business-owner, owning a bakery, general store, funeral parlour and a small brothel, whilst Mother was content so long as she had plenty of money and Father ignored her affairs. Which he did, so she would ignore his. Both dead now; killed by my vampiric sire. She used my mother's skin for a bit, until she was slain." Her parents didn't really get on, but they felt they needed each other. Her father needed her contacts with various shady organisations, whilst she needed the money to sustain the lifestyle she felt she deserved.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party- Emily]

Kitnicks shiny black eyes are opened wide

I have a cousin who runs a bakery!

He says that like it makes Emily practically related. But otherwise: so many words he doesn't recognize. Part though, makes sense...

The vampire killed your parents? I thought the stories our cousins tell about the elves were bad, but that's just terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that... and so you've been alone ever since?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party- Emily

"He didn't run the bakery- he owned it. So long as it put more money in his pocket than he paid on wages and ingredients, he didn't care about it. Same for the other businesses, except the brothel. That one he paid most of his attention on. No, I've not been alone. Whilst I was a vampire, I lived in Exbourne Manor, with a load of other vampires of a different type. They gave me the rubber skin, and provided me with blood and stuff. And since I became human again, I've been staying at the Temple with the other clerics-in-training." Though it isn't very nice in the Temple quarters for trainees, as Bane is the Lord of Tyranny and competition for advancement is fierce. There's no luxuries, and only the base necessities supplied. As the trainees advance their knowledge and skill, they gain prestige and luxuries. It also keeps away those that just want an easy ride to power.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party- Emily]

Money... Atorre has been teaching them about money, but it still seems strange. "Owning" a business that you don't actually run seems even stranger. And there's that word "brothel" again... but something in the way she says it makes him uncomfortable.

I don't... ok...

And I understand that: the priests usually stay at the temple here, too. That's why I'm here: I came to help some of our folks who came to stay here get a proper garden established so they can have food they're used to. Home is just too far away to really bring food here regularly.

The he grins

And of course, I had to stay for the party!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party- Emily

It must all be a little strange, though as I don't follow the thread I had no idea Kitnick was from a barter economy. Good thing tax wasn't mentioned; Emily's dad was very much against taxes.

"Oh? Where is your home, then?" She didn't know there was anywhere in the Nexus that couldn't be easily accessed from Inside due to the Riftline.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party- Emily]

Well, Emily couldn't possibly know the details, so it's fair for you to not know them either

Kitnick smiles

Well, I got here by magic, so I'll have to tell you what Nai told us:

Home is a city nestled in a mountain valley on the other side of the Sea of Sand from here. From a place called "Research Towers" in a city called "Skyside", you have to fly two thousand eight hundred ninety six miles at a heading of one hundred four degrees.

I don't really understand exactly what that means. Oh, and you need something called "clearance" if you're going to do that, because they're very protective of us and they put machines out in the desert to help keep us safe. But they're nice, and I'm sure it isn't hard to get.

We used to live outside of the city, because there was a curse. But Nai broke it, and so now we live there.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party- Emily

"It sounds very far away indeed. I've never heard of a sea of sand. Is it like, a very big desert, or a literal sea made of sand with tides and fish and things?" Because in the Nexus, one is as likely as the other.

15. - Top - End - #165

[Pokémon MiniQuest]

Yes... I was thinking more of the TV show and comics than the games.

Delphie smiles

Magic, of course. Priests can use magic to comfort and heal. Your little friend should be all ready to get back into action.

Tor-chic!
    [Pokémon MiniQuest]

"Yeah, well." Vis starts. "I'm not really into this magic. I think that is a nexus thing and the priests I know of don't have such abilities."

"Thank you." he still says.
    "So what are you up to do now Torchic?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

The sand-fox sighs. Well... I would have liked to see things fixed up a little better. There are memories that were lost, and they will stay that way: no amount of healing is going to reverse that.
    But there still seems to be a lingering issue with your brain converting short term memories to long term... it doesn't seem to be physical, or the healing magic should have fixed it, nor yet properly mental or my psionics should have resolved it. We may need to request some assistance from one of the higher ranking priests such as Caroline or Steven or Helen...

He looks thoughtful. I will release you to the care of your father, but I strongly recommend that you do not leave the Temple for the next month or until this ongoing memory issue is resolved.
    [Hospital]

Jinkei nods when she hears Caroline. "I know Caroline. Let her come, so I'll have a face to put to the name. Also, I have no reason to leave the temple. It's my home."

She smiles hopefully. "So, can I go now?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

[Attempting to Walk Through the Temple to the Hospital]

She's not disguised! No, disguises would only make her more conspicuous! She is, however, dressed in something slightly more appropriate for this setting - blue jeans, sneakers, and a lovely striped sweater (One with a collar - turtleneck! That's the kind!). She's lugging around a small, green, gift wrapped box and a runed .45 Magnum (just in case).

To people who aren't very familiar with the temple and its occupants, she might blend in...kinda. Her tail is that of a fox and she's human-ish, so there's that. Regrettably (for the purposes of this mission), that's where the similarities end.

Oh, and she's also a magical powerhouse.

... Yep, there's probably no way Nicole could possibly sneak inconspicuously walk through the entrance of the temple to the hospital. Maybe if she pretends that she's busy, no one will bother her! *Repeatedly glances at timepiece.*

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party - Emily]

Kitnick chuckles

A really huge desert. Though I guess at least some of it might slowly change back to something else now that the curse is broken. We haven't really noticed much yet, so it'll probably take a long time.

[Pokémon MiniQuest]

Tor Torchic Tor Tor!

Alex looks at Vis

She wants to come with us.

[Hospital]

The healer nods

Yes... you can go.

[Attempting to Walk Through the Temple to the Hospital]

It's easy enough to get to the hospital without entering the sanctuary, so once telling the guards at the street entrance "I'm on my way to the hospital", all Nicole experiences are some friendly nods and well-wishes on her way there.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

[Hospital]

Jinkei can't get up fast enough. If allowed, she'll try her best and darnedest to disconnect all wires and injectors from her body, then squee loudly.

If not, then she'll just squee loudly.

"Isn't this great? I get to play with Su and the kits more! Aaaand... where is Keiko? May I see her? Is she around? And father? Is he outside?"

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Full Moon Party-Certain

Certain shakes Azare's hand as she says, "Deal. I will get your soul back, no matter what."
    Full Moon Party-Certain

Azare nods as she shakes Certain's hand. "It's a deal then."

Tzlolth smiles widely. "I can even offer my help with this rescue if you allow me to Certain. You're going down into the deepest parts of hell after all."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hospital - Jinkei's Room]

That was surprisingly easy. Nicole didn't even have to relinquish her firearm to gain access to the hospital.

Next time a high-ranking member of VIGIL/WATCH is maimed, Nicole hopes said member is carted off to this facility for treatment.

As it stands, Nicole's sole objective at this facility is to deliver a package to Jinkei. Needing no directions to Jinkei's room in the hospital, Nicole, assuming all goes well, knocks thrice on Jinkei's door (whether or not it is wide open or ajar).

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

The healer shrugs at Jinkei

I believe he went home last night. Visiting hours start after morning discharges: no sense cluttering up the place with visitors for people who are on their way...

Speaking of visitors...

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The healer looks up

You're a little early, miss: Visitation doesn't start for half an hour yet.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-07-20 at 12:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Full Moon Party

Steven smiles.
    "Well, since they have followers on multiple worlds, it would be more accurate to say that they are part of multiple pantheons. I don't know if Inari has a world all to herself. For the most part her followers aren't supposed to know about the others, but the Nexus breaks rules since it is outside everything. I had to pretend I was from the home world of the doc who gave me my fifth rank exam, quite embarrassing, really." he admits.
    Full Moon Party:

"Do you worship from any of the other pantheons? That seems like it could be very confusing or even dangerous."
    To say gods can be tetchy about folowers is an understatement. Cross world worship could get someone in serious trouble.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei is so excited to be leaving the hospital that she doesn't mind too much. "No, let her come in! I don't mind!"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Moon Party

"Heavens, no. You pay respects to the other gods when they are relevant but unless one shows up that doesn't really happen. It's odd enough that I learn the tenets of two goddesses, and that's only because Tamamo is a subordinate of Inari's. Normally you would not have two faiths in the same dedicated temple like this." Steven explains.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

"Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Nicole dismissively answers and shrugs as she confidently steps into the room in spite of the healer's polite objection.

"For you, it's morning. For me, it's half-past twelve. If I waste thirty minutes twiddling my thumbs in the lobby, I'll have to work late today, and that won't transpire on my watch."

Nicole attempts to slip past the healer and hand Jinkei a present!

"You probably don't remember me, but I'm the handler of other-you - the slightly psychotic you who dreams of enslaving everyone excluding yours truly. She wasn't as mad as a hatter originally, but being banished to another plane of existence for two or three centuries will do that to you - speaking of which, you might want to be a little more careful 'bout who you roll with since the Nexus appears to be morbidly fond of tormenting you and all that."

Plot dump! Sorta!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

At four foot three inches, the sand fox isn't exactly imposing. And he's somewhat timid, and doesn't really know any reason that he should be stopping Nicole, so when she complains about time here and time there and time elsewhere, his ears fold down and he just leaves quietly - after all, he did just sign the discharge for Jinkei, so it's not like visiting hours really apply anymore, right?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-07-20 at 02:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

[Pokémon MiniQuest]

Tor Torchic Tor Tor!

Alex looks at Vis

She wants to come with us.
    [Pokémon MiniQuest]

Vis looks at Alex and then at the Torchic.

"I got no problem with that. If it's your wish, I'm happy to have you on board."

He puts out an empty pokeball, but let's the little bird do the pressing. He still needs a willing pokemon to catch here.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei gets up and gets ready to greet Nicole, when she starts yammering about another version of her who is psychotic.

"I used to think that, but then I realized it all depends on how you react... who are you, again?" She looks down at the present in her hand and her ears perk up, her head tilting a bit to the right. "Uhh... thank you?"

She curtsies to Nicole, then picks up her glasses from the bedside table and wears them. "Also, what other me?"

She doesn't remember. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? That's yet to be seen!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon MiniQuest]

The little fire-chicken hops up and pecks the ball, vanishing in the traditional blue-white glow! Now Vis has a fire type, a lightning type, and a fighting type! Does he want to go see if there's a Ralts or Kirlia interested in joining, or is he going to go with those?