New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 53 - The New Fluffy Overlords

[Felina's Apartment]

Felina nods and snuggles up to Arlem with a sigh but a smile.

Exactly, my darling Arlem.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Full Moon Party- Emily

"Thank you. And you." Emily smiles at the little fox-person as they leave, pondering what she has learnt. And whether her superiors will be sending a delegation across that desert after she tells them about the city beyond. She hopes they won't send her; it's very far away, she doubts she'd fit in and she likes living in Riverside.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Pokémon Tournament]

Alex winces a bit: that lot would not be fun for him.

Lisa smirks

I've beaten Midnight before: he might have a couple of levels on me, but I'm better.

[Full Moon Party - Emily]

Kitnick nods and smiles

That sure does sound exactly like what's happening. And I'm sure at least some of it was already desert before the curse: there are parts where it hardly ever rains because the mountains block the clouds. Over where we live there are mountains, too... but they're not the same and there's grass on the other side. We're expecting the area around the city to get a lot nicer, and our crops are doing a little better each month.
    [Pokémon Tournament]

"Okay, so the team will be Torchic , Lisa and spidy?" If I'm correct Vis had to pick three from his team for every fight, not for all fights at once, right?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Tournament]

Yes: then team is chosen before each battle.

Zack nods

Sounds great! Take your place, then!

Vis is brought to a nice earthen court with the usual markings laid out in chalk. A young human girl with blond and rather spiky-looking hair is waiting at one end.

A challenger at last! Yay! I was getting worried.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside The Hospital]

Sometime after Jinkei is done with the deadtimed lady that calls herself Nicole, she walks out of the hospital and looks around. Everywhere looks so familiar, but everyone looks so strange.

Jinkei takes a deep breath and decides to use her nose to lead her to Katsuo. The only lead she has right now is he, and she doesn't remember what Katrina or Kitnick look like.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

[School]

Jinkei's nose will lead her to school, where Katsuo's class is just wrapping up.

Hello, Jinkei! I'm so glad to see you up and about again, my darling.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

[School]

"Father!" Jinkei squeals and glomps Katsuo! "I'm glad to be out, and be by your side again. The doctor said to stick with you and not to leave the Temple. Didn't have to tell me twice!"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

[School]

Katsuo returns the hug then ruffles Jinkei's hair

I certainly agree! You are in no condition to be wandering around Inside when you still forget things quite so easily.
    And besides, Lady Caroline is back and they are preparing for her wedding just next week! It would be a terrible thing to miss: the guest list is lengthy and prestigious.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Pokémon Tournament]

Yes: then team is chosen before each battle.

Zack nods

Sounds great! Take your place, then!

Vis is brought to a nice earthen court with the usual markings laid out in chalk. A young human girl with blond and rather spiky-looking hair is waiting at one end.

A challenger at last! Yay! I was getting worried.
    [Pokémon Tournament]

Vis bows slightly at his opponent.

"Hello, I'm glad I managed to be here."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

[School]

Jinkei purrs at the hair ruffle! "Yeah, that's true, and that's why I have you, daddy!" She looks up into Katsuo's eyes. "I love you so much, father!" It's true, she did. More than anything and anyone. Now, on getting father a mother... well, first things first.

"C-Caroline is getting married?! Wow, this is good news! Certainly good for her. Can we go meet her? I have to congratulate her!"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hospital -> Sanctuary]

Katsuo nods

Of course. This time of day she is very likely in the Sanctuary.

And so, off they go!

And oh, my: is it decorating time already? Must be, because the sanctuary is busy with people hanging decorations, setting up chairs, and generally bustling about! In addition to the usual acolytes and junior priests, all six of the ninetails are here with their mother as is Myobi: all working away.

Caroline is sat in a chair not being allowed to "help".

[Pokémon Battle]

Kelly Grins

Let's do this! Midnight, go!

And out hops the ring-marked black-furred Umbreon, wagging his tail with his tongue lolling out and not really looking particularly fierce at all.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-07-24 at 09:40 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Jinkei gasps at the sight of the decorations and at the nine-tails and Myobi. "Everyone... they're all awesome... And Keiko! Where's Keiko?" she squeals loudly.

Then there's the lady being not allowed to help, who must be the celebrant. Somehow, the look on her face (whatever it may be) confirms that thought in her mind.

"Caroline? It's me, Jinkei."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Keiko climbs down the ladder from the second floor when she hears someone calling. It might be easy to mistake her, as she's actually wearing clothes for a change! Although the others are all in Vulpan shape not Nogitsune.

Meanwhile, Caroline smiles

Hello, Jinkei. I heard you were involved in a road accident. I trust you are feeling better?

Keiko arrives

Hey there, snowy! Sorry I never got back: got caught up in stuff.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-07-24 at 10:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Jinkei curtsies at Caroline. "Much better, thank you." She grins. "Father told me about your wedding. Congratulations!"

Then Keiko arrives and Jinkei goes to hug the nine-tail. "Keiko! It's Jinkei... I've missed you. We don't know each other much, but I'm sure we'll be friends!"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

As they talk, Felina has arrived too to help with the decorating. I wonder if Arlem and Cleo are here?

Caroline smiles

I am very glad to hear that. It is always dismaying to have one of our people injured, and head injuries are particularly difficult. How has your training been going?

Keiko chuckles

I'm sure we will, Jinkei. But you're going to have to get over being annoyed at Cleo - we're engaged!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Arlem is here, checking that the normal spells are up to date and that a bunch of guests won't hurt anything. Can they make the place any more convenient? Personally, he thinks the decorations are a bit overdone, but it's not his wedding that's happening.

And of course, there's all these exciting people to read the minds of. What are they hiding? What are they going to need? He can get things before people even know they're going to want them.

Cleo won't be found here unless someone (Keiko?) has asked her to show up. She has plant-creatures to organize, bases to reconnoiter, propulsion methods to evaluate, cryptic clues to hide for future heroes...it's a busy life.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Cleo is certainly invited to the wedding proper, but no particular urgency at being present for preparations, no.

Arlem: what a world of things to see! We'll save the best for last...

The "meh" group

Acolytes and Priests are their usual selves that Arlem gets to see all the time
    Hoshiko and Yumiko are focused on decorating and there's a serious case of "nothing to see here".
    Noriko is pondering the same question as Felina, being disappointingly "not pregnant". She's so caught up with that that she isn't thinking about Keiko.
    Caroline is having pre-wedding jitters and is trying to decide the best time to tell Felina about her promotion.
    Felina is being brave but is still disappointed and is now impatient for the next time and is trying to distract herself with busy-ness.
    Tamamo wonders "Arlem? Do I know you?"

Now, the more interesting things

Tsukiko is thinking about her mortal boyfriend and wondering how long things can go on before she gets incarnated herself... if it hasn't happened already.

Keiko is thinking about Cleo and is wondering how certain things are going to work out 'cause she isn't really feeling physically attracted to Cleo. That itself is perhaps surprisingly not her worry. Her concern is because she's not really felt that way about anyone except for really brief periods during her heat, and she wonders why. That's what worries her.

Myobi replies

Hello, Arlem. I find it quite amusing and surprisingly appropriate that you have ended up involved with Michaud's granddaughter.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

"Well I just started, but it's been fine. I can't wait to become a full priestess!"
    Jinkei grins happily.

Ah, Cleo. That was the dragonlady's name. She winces as a flash of pain is felt on her head. "Cleo? That was the lady that discovered my body after the accident... apparently. Why would I be mad at her?"

She looks confused, having lost the context.

19. - Top - End - #229

[Sanctuary]

Yay for the acolytes and priests. Both nice and dependable.
    Disappointing, disappointing, poor Noriko. He has a new appreciation of that sadness.
    Caroline! Best of luck. Tell her after the decorating finishes, as soon as you can. The news will help.
    Felina, good for her. She can't stay so impatient for two seasons though. They'll have to find an outlet for this.
    Just one of the clergy here, Tamamo. Nice to meet you more in person than before.

Tsukiko, that just confuses him. What does a boyfriend have to do with mortality? How does one not know whether they're a messenger-spirit demigoddess thing or not?

Keiko, he sends a bit of confident feeling towards. Don't be worried. Some people are like that. It rarely marks anything wrong.

Myobi! Hello again. I hope you have been well. I'm afraid I don't see the connection from down here. Her family was quite far from my mind at first.
    Of these things, Myobi is the best being saved? Weird priorities. Tamamo and Tsukiko are here with their thoughts. And of course, Felina, were he ordering them, would likely happen to end up last-and-best.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-07-24 at 01:54 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Tamamo just replies "oh".

Myobi ended up not the best becaue I decided to pause and give a chance for replies - alas. Now, her mental voice chuckles

Of course you had not, else I had been worried rather than amused. You two are very much alike in many ways, and I look forward to seeing how your relationship develops. You may rest assured and reassure her as well that her grandfather's formula will work as designed. And if you feel so inclined, you may let Noriko know that the same trouble plagues her attempts.

Oh, and to answer your curiousity regarding Tsukiko: another of Malukhar's little "gifts" at the end of the dawn war, which he set up to prevent any future demigod-grade beings, is that the incarnation lock will take effect on a Messenger who has sufficient intimate contact with a mortal. He did not tell us exactly what qualifies, so it can be... entertaining. Personally, I hope she does: she deserves a break, really, poor thing - she is wound just a bit tightly.

Keiko and Caroline are grateful. Caroline smiles at Jinkei

Ah, yes: I do recall that you wanted to join. I wanted you to get your kitsune powers under control before you began as a priestess. How is that progressing?

It was just a silly misunderstanding when you came over here, so don't worry about it.

21. - Top - End - #231

[Sanctuary]

There we go, now Myobi is in the running.

That's definitely the most passive and aloof he's seen a deity be around. 'Do i know you?' 'Oh'. She must be very distracted.

Good news, on several counts, Felina.
    But of course he can't reveal any of that good news right now. There's things to decorate!

He does let Noriko know. No reason to let her drift about in disappointment.

Thank you, Holy Myobi. I see. And it's not exactly something easily measured scientifically. Heh. Usually one takes a break from life, not the other way around, isn't it so? I think I'm glad. That you're interested. What I've needed to live up to has narrowed considerably across our past few meetings.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Tamamo has stopped even helping, now, and is standing still off to the side. She doesn't really seem to be paying much attention to the goings-on in the room at all.

Myobi laughs

Correct. And The trouble is, existence as a Messenger isn't life: we do get tired of this, and do yearn for the joy and the pain, the hope and the disappointment, the struggle, the victories and losses... any one thing gets tedious if done long enough.
    And that is true: though what I have decided to expect of you has become refined as well. I needed to know more of you to truly form a proper impression.

and another small chuckle

And remember, Felina is my child just as much as Caroline. Twenty three generations distant for her, and they have long since lost track of any notion of a "direct" line, but that doesn't matter to me. You are well on your way to being part of my family now, too.

Quite a few folks are getting thirsty: the water pitchers have run out. But most of the work is wrapping up, over the top though it may indeed be. Chairs are set up, and the altar has been pushed all the way to the wall. There is much murmured speculation as to who will be presiding over the ceremony.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Jinkei scratches her head, silent for a long moment. "I remember home, in the snow... seal meat... kitsune world... my white ball. Directing magical sound energy with my fans... It's all very blurry, but I guess it's going great!"

She beams at Keiko. "So you both are engaged? Tell me all about it! I envy you a bit, though. I've never been in a relationship."

24. - Top - End - #234

[Sanctuary]

Now that, that's worth noticing.
    Is Tamamo's avatar working quite right?

A smile comes over Arlem's face and his mind.
    It is quite an experience, getting to live. Though I imagine it gets harder when you don't have nostalgia and the memory of seeing it from the other side.

And now messengers are expecting things of him. It has to, simply being the thought it is, remind him of the gods of his world, all dead and undone except the one victor on their icy throne.
    Would it spoil the game to know what you know of me to impress upon?

That gets a bit of a laugh out of him.

Thank you, grandmother.
    That's curious. Not what he expected. Felina is that much invested in this, in him? He looks over at her physically, feeling...something he doesn't recognize.
    Anyway. Water pitchers are empty, and he goes over to conjure them full again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Caroline looks concerned

Are you sure you are quite allright? Your memory really should not be that ... indistinct.

Keiko grins and nods

Yep! Not quite a week, now. Well, we went out on a quest to get her Dragon Pearl, and spent a lot of time together. I really got along well with her and watched her change into a dragon and back a couple of times and the magic just... made sense, and there was this big dragon and I guess I got a little desperate 'cause I changed into a dragon tried to propose to him, but he wasn't interested and then Cleo helped heal me and we found the sword and took it back to Daddy and I changed into a dragon to show off and she realized that she really loved me and so when we headed out she proposed and I sent Freddie back home and it's all so wonderful and new!

She takes a breath at last, then blinks

Really?

Katsuo finally interjects

But my understanding was that you were visiting a girlfriend of yours before you had your accident. You seemed quite excited and happy when you left.

Myobi herself looks over at Tamamo, then she starts to head that way.

Something is distracting her, possibly back on Erda. I can't see her children, so I'm not exactly sure what it is...

It is easier and harder when you keep your memories. That is the reason that the sieve blocks the memories of those who chose to be re-incarnated... but that choice is not really open to us.

Truly I hope we do not remind you of the dreadful conditions of your homeworld. We are a family operation here: we seek growth, life, nurturing. We don't withhold our gifts, but we offer them freely. Recall your oath of service? And that is why we don't really care that you have reverence for other divinities - as long as they don't compromise your work with the people here. We are good, not "Good".

Oh, impressed is yet to come. But you do not shrink from work and you offer to help selflessly and without complaint. You love Felina and have been exactly what she needs to grow into her true potential. You yourself have grown in the year I have observed you, and you have not disappointed me in my appointment of you to the Sixth rank. I am very pleased, and I think I understand better where I might guide you. It is too soon yet for me to say precisely, because I do not know yet precisely. But don't worry, I won't keep it hidden when I do.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-07-24 at 04:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Jinkei waves a hand rather dismissively, though she appears worried for a moment. "The mind-healer said something about amnesia and having trouble forming new memories. He didn't say much about this headache that appears anytime it feels like it."

Somehow, Jinkei catches every single thing Keiko said. Almost like she expected that large infodump. "Yes, really! And that's so cool! Congratulations, dear sister!" She hugs Keiko again.

Then her father mentions a girlfriend and she turns to face him in shock and confusion. "A girlfriend? Me? No, it must be another arctic fox kitsune, father. I'm single. I've not even seen anyone I like... except maybe Katrina, and she's not the type to get into long-term relationships. I think...

27. - Top - End - #237

Arlem leaves Tamamo in Myobis hands, then.

Family does not comfort me. If anything, it reinforces my... Lack of trust. Good lost, on my world, and so did good. I am glad that you do not disapprove of me, but what I do, it is not for you, or even for Inari. It's for good.
    I don't want your approval.
    I don't want your guidance.
    I don't want you in my life.
    He quiets his thoughts then, even the not broadcast ones above. Because he will have to listen to Myobi, sends prayers to her, and otherwise get along, maybe for ever. Best not let his feelings get the better of him.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Myobi can tell when a conversation is no longer doing any good, and leaves Arlem to himself for now: doing nothing more than giving off a feeling of quite acceptance and love. Her thoughts focus on Tamamo, now, as she tries to help the young goddess regain her footing.

Felina, meanwhile, has pounded her left thumb with a hammer and is bent over holding her left hand with her right and trying to not be too obvious, though her eyes have filled with tears.

Caroline frowns

After a head injury, a headache seems a rather bad sign. Did the healers say anything at all about what is going on?

Katsuo blinks in surprise and looks at Caroline. Caroline unfortunately has no idea one way or the other and shrugs, but does point out

We don't have another white-furred Kitsune that I know of.

Keiko accepts the hug with a grin

Hey, thanks. And naw, Kat's still solidly in one-night-stand land: she doesn't want to be tied down.

29. - Top - End - #239

[Sanctuary]

Arlem thinks a lot of really unkind things about Myobi, and then also about himself. Just because you are a superior being and a better person doesn't mean you have to rub it in everyone's face. And he, clearly, has made a great start with the messengers, and thanks to Felina, it's not like he can hope they forget him. He stalks about in a more bitter mood than usual, putting off a mild psychic aura of 'leave me alone'.

Felina's hurt, and his heart jumps - should it really be jumping so far - for a moment before he realizes how minor the injury is. He goes over and sends the tiniest spark of healing energy at her. That must have hurt. Did Myobi cause her to slip as some sort of message? No, no, he reminds himself. Can't get that paranoid.

And the concern with the kitsunes catches his thoughts. How does his mind reading interact with memory loss and head injuries. That's...he's curious.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Jinkei gasps in surprise. "So... I have a girlfriend? Me? How?" She tries to resist giggling happily, and then... her face shows some worry. "Was it really a girlfriend girlfriend? Not just some fling or somegthing?"

Speaking of flings, she addresses Keiko. "I understand. I'd prefer to stick to one lover instead of having a string of one-night stands, but I suppose Katrina and I could 'help each other out' once in a while." A pause. "I mean friends with... benefits." She blushes, realizing with a bit of surprise that she's comfortable talking about curtaining in such a manner.