New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Myth Drannor

Kennis Hedeker, Half-Elf Warlock
    Kennis smirks again, "Two thousand works for me. We'll get your important book." She throws her quarterstaff in the air and catches it, standing ready for the other to be ready to head out.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Once the door closes behind Eladar, Nyx turns to her newfound allies.

"This scroll? It's powerful magic too. Makes you wonder why he doesn't go in there himself, with that kind of mojo... Anyway, my name's Nyx Smirvnavlinathr.
    That's Brewmistress Nyx Smirvnavlinathr to you."

The gnome wizard appears to glance at some of the companions...mostly the very rude, gnome-trampling dwarf. At this point, the weasel has jumped off Nyx's arms and his currently dancing playfully around Kennis.

"Porter, behave! Oh sorry, this is my familiar: Porter. He seems to like you, lady," adds Nyx, smiling.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2015-07-04 at 03:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Kennis smiles at the weasel and starts chasing him around with her quarterstaff. She gives a chuckle, "That's alright, he seems a lot more fun than most of the men I meet." She keeps chasing him with the staff as long as he seems to be having fun, "battling" with him and letting him chase the staff as well.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Fargor gives a small nod in acknowledgement. "Brewmistress Nyx, a pleasure. I'm Fargor."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Baelic gives a deep bow.

Please accept my deepest apologies, everyone. I find I am often a little too enthusiastic for my own good. A product of decades serving a god of explorers, I suppose!"

Baelic seems to chuckle at his own joke, beaming at those surrounding him.

"I am Baelic Torq, cleric of Marthammor Duin, the Finder of Trails and Watcher over Wanderers. His gaze and favor is on us tonight, I can tell from the clear night's sky he has graced us with. His power will guide us to our goal... 2000 gold is quite a reward, treasure that will be quite effective at caring for the less fortunate who seek aid in our temple."

At the promise of gold and the thrill of a quest, Baelic seems less on edge than before. Almost as if he finds life more comfortable leaping into danger to earn fortune and glory.
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-04 at 07:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Zerus Galanodel," the Earth Genasi rumbled, and that was the only thing the taciturn Paladin said. He gives no indication on why an Earth Elemental would have an Elvish name, or why a Paladin would be interested in a quest for profits.

Of course, anything related to Myth Drannor interested the Genasi, and he intends to make sure that any such artifacts are not desecrated.

A warhorse (Avenger) appears out of nowhere, and the Paladin mounts it with practiced ease. He ***** his head at the others as if to say "Are you ready to go?"
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #37

"Our... taciturn... friend Zerus is right. We should head to our destination, without delay."

Baelic wondered to himself if his cheer was fooling any of his group. He eyed the monstrous earth elemental, silently wondering how such a creature could even be supported by a horse. Yet he sensed a noble spirit from him... which the same can't be said just yet from the others.

The wood elf seemed to be hiding something to Baelic's eyes, a level of familiarity with this location that passed that of an experienced adventurer. If Baelic didn't know better, he might have thought that Fargor might have been asking about old acquaintances rather than long-dead ancients.

The gnome Nyx was a brash lass, it seemed, and a heavy drinker (something the followers of Marthammor don't condemn, truth be told). You can always trust loud folks to be loudly truthful, Baelic thought to himself.

Yet most unnerving was the half elf woman... a mystical air hung about her, which was hardly an unusual sight in this party of wizards, clerics and elementals. Yet the feeling made Baelic uneasy, as if not just magical force, but a... PRESENCE... accompanied Kennis when she moved. A carefree seeming attitude that belied a deadly dangerous force underneath. Was Kennis the one holding the reigns.... or another being entirely?

"...onward, my new companions! Marthammor, the Watcher of Wanderers, may shift his gaze in boredom if we are dawdling too long!"

Baelic signed inwardly and thought "Why couldn't we have gotten another dwarf?"
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-04 at 08:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Nyx glances at the earth elemental riding a warhorse. Doesn't he notice that none of us have a mount? She follows him regardless.

"Yeah, let's get going. If anybody gets thirsty, you can taste my newest creation, the Dirty Kobold Bitter Ale. It's marvelous! Or you can go with the classic Raging Owlbear Pale Ale, I'm sure you've heard of it.

But, hmm, does anyone already know the region well?"
    , she asks pointing at Eladar's map.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2015-07-05 at 10:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Kennis saw the dwarf's gaze linger over her for a little longer than normal. Given his religious predilections, she didn't figure he was checking her out. The ones closest to the gods always seemed to be able to tell something was....off...about her. She knew they could tell there was some other worldly power infused inside her. And these were always the most fun to mess with.

Kennis starts walking with the others and strolls up next to the dwarf, "So," she gives him a wide smile and wink, "what's your story Baelic? You seem like a good head on your shoulders. Man of the cloth, are ya?" She bats her eyes at him and keeps her big smile. This will be entertaining, she thinks.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

10. - Top - End - #40

"Indeed. I have served in the temple of Marthammor Duin in our mountain'a city since I was barely a man, from the young age of 50. And there I would have stayed, more than likely, if not for a particularly nasty gnoll raid two years ago."

Baelic found his anxiety fading. This girl seemed perfectly friendly, allowing him to shake his earlier misgivings.

After the gnolls broke through our walls with much larger numbers than usual, I was enormously busy repairing - both the walls themselves, as well as the health of our fighters during the night. Working on reinforcing the masonry of the walls one afternoon, far from the temple, I saw a nearby party of gnoll scouts. Bracing myself to run, I then saw their target - a group of supply merchants, unprepared and likely to be easily overrun.

Using nothing but my chiseling hammer, I surprised myself with how powerful my strikes were, as a lifetime of stone working had given me mighty strength, even from a dwarf's standards. It was in that moment, when I saw the safety of the people of my city secured, I felt the presence of Marthammor Duin more than I had in nearly a century of service.

My god had a plan for me and it involved service beyond our mountain walls, as our god of travelers would wish. So I help those I see and perform these such..."
    Baelic paused to find the right word, "adventures... so that the rewards can be given to those who are helpless and need help the most."

"But here I am gabbing away... what about you, young Kennis? What brings you out on this quest of ours?"
    Baelic had not meant to talk so openly about his past. While she looked alright enough for a non-dwarven gal, he knew it was not her appearance which made his tongue wag.
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-05 at 01:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

After hearing only a few words of Baelic's monologue, Nyx is already bored to tears.

"Maybe you guys want to share your expertise so we plan how we're going to survive that forsaken place - vicious monsters, thieves, undead elves, magical experiments gone wrong and the like?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2015-07-05 at 06:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm quick on my feet, and stealthier than I have any right to be," Fargor replies. As a wry smile with a hint of nostalgic pain crosses his face, he adds "I hurt people."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Fargor's pirate career took place just under 100 years ago; a History check might be appropriate to figure it out, although it's probably not easy to make (since the reformed right hand of a pirate who was roaming the seas 100 years ago is hardly common knowledge). Probably the only one alive at the time is the dwarf...

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43

"My strength comes from my faith, the pure healing power of Marthammor Duin."

Baelic gives a bit of dark grin. "Of course... since leaving my temple, I have learned how to use my hammer to crush much more than stones..."

"Say... are we close to our destination?"
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-05 at 07:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Introductions done, everyone prepares to set off. The evening is spent gathering your supplies and getting in one last nights sleep in a comfortable bed. After a hearty breakfast in the tavern the party gathers on the road heading out of town. Based on the map it's approximately 3-4 days travelling time depending on how quickly you travel.

The first days travel is rather uneventful following the main pathways heading towards the old city. An uninterrupted evening follows. The following days travels takes you from the main trail heading deeper into the woods. The signs of game and other animals fluctuate throughout the day, as evening approaches you enter a large grove of trees.

Large spider webs cover the trees in the area, and spread all about the tree tops. With a deadly silence you find yourselves surrounded by a four rather large spiders, venom drips from their fangs.

Fargor notices the one drop down from above. The rest are taken by surprise.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show

Reminder we're using group initiative to try keep things flowing quickly.
    Spiders: (1d20)[18]
    Dinner: (1d20)[6]

Surprise round:
    Spider 1 Web at Fargor: (1d20+5)[22]
    Spider 2 Web at Baelic: (1d20+5)[8]
    Spider 3 Web at Nyx: (1d20+5)[10]
    Spider 4 Web at Zerus: (1d20+5)[12]

Web: DC12 Str check to break, or 5 damage against AC 10.

Fargor you get to act but you are webbed. Others all missed.

Last edited by Tashio; 2015-07-05 at 09:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the spiders carry out their ambush, and webs fly towards them, Fargor is already in motion: as his companions manage to dodge the incoming webs, Fargor draws his weapon and slices through the webbing before it can even begin to impede him.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #46

Dodging out of the way of the vile creatures webbing, Baelic appraised the situation. Seeing one of his companions already ensnared, Baelic focused deeply and called upon Marthammor Duin to give added protection to the closest three members of his party.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Cast Bless, targeting Fargor, Zerus and Nyx, granting an additional +1d4 to any attack or saves for one minute or until concentration is broken.
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-05 at 09:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

The spiders finish dropping to the ground and advance on their targets. They attempt to sink their fangs into the nearest person.

Show

Spider 1 Bite at Fargor: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage (1d8+3)[5]
    Spider 2 Bite at Baelic: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage (1d8+3)[5]
    Spider 3 Bite at Nyx: (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage (1d8+3)[8]
    Spider 4 Bite at Zerus: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage (1d8+3)[10]
    Anyone hit needs to make a DC 12 con saving throw against poison or take an additional 2d8. You can roll save and damage at same time as you post your turn.

You are currently in the middle of the grove with the spiders on the outside of you. All within about 10 feet of each other.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

As he ducks under a set of arachnid fangs, Fargor feels the effects of his ally's spell fill his body. His smile grows as he notices an opportunity at a spider's underbelly, he draws his offhand blade and tries to drive both into the enemy arachnid.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Assuming Fargor can attack a spider that's already next to another PC, he's going to attack and bonus action attack that target. If either one hits, he gets SA damage as well. Sucks that he couldn't surprise the spiders, but oh well...

Attack (Shortsword +1): 1d20+1d4+9 (1d20+9)[13]+(1d4)[4]
    Damage (Shortsword +1): (1d6+6)[10]
    Attack (Offhand Shortsword): 1d20+1d4+8 (1d20+8)[28]+(1d4)[1]
    Damage (Shortsword): (1d6)[5]
    SA damage (if either attack hits): (2d6)[7]

I'll count up the damage once I see how I did...

EDIT: Assuming I got Sneak Attack (which I think I should, give that our group is standing together and we're surrounded, so there's almost certainly an ally next to a spider within reach), the spider I attacked took 24 damage.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2015-07-05 at 09:42 PM.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Nyx ducks the spider's web at the last second and deflects the incoming attack with her shield.

"Should have chosen an easier meal, eight-legs!"

The gnomes then executes a dexterous maneuver to get to the creature's flank (do spiders even have flanks?). She smiles, revealing an ebony wand pulsing with blueish energy in her hand. She activates the magic item and a bolt of lightning erupts from the wand's tip, striking at both this spider and her kin some feet away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to the side of the spider and draw the Wand of Lightning Bolt
    Action: Use 1 charge to cast it at Level 3, directed at the spider who attacked me and another one directly in line (who's currently attacking a PC of your choice). DC 15 Dex; 8d6 lightning dmg or half.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Earth genasi rolls his eyes at the spider's clumsy attack - in truth, the paladin has little to fear from the creature's venom; his unremitting quest for justice has rendered him immune to all disease.

Zerus unsheathes his silvered longsword, and slashes at the spider that tried to bite into him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Longsword Multi-Attack:
    Attack 1: To hit (1d20+7)[18]. On hit (1d8+4)[11]. On crit (1d8)[4].
    Attack 2: To hit (1d20+7)[23]. On hit (1d8+4)[5]. On crit (1d8)[4].
    Now Playing

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Fargor strikes quickly at the one spider, the first blow causing the spider to rear up, the second sliding into the spiders delicate underbelly. It collapses to the ground.

Zerus steps forward slashing at the second spider inflicting some large wounds, as Nyx's lightning bolt blasts through the two spiders at the rear, causing the one spider to go into spasms but remain on it's feet, barely. The bolt strikes the trees in the way causing some serious damage to them before grounding out. Another hit may set them alight.

Show

Spider 1 = Dead.
    Spider 2 = Wounded.
    Spider 3 = Wounded.
    Spider 4 = Seriously Wounded.
    Last edited by Tashio; 2015-07-06 at 07:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Kennis sees the spiders drop, luckily all the webbing flies around her and misses her. Before she knows it, the spiders are biting at her new friends but a smile seems to come onto her face, "Time to squish some bugs...." Her hands glow with a purple light and two beams shoot out to the spiders nearest her. The quarterstaff glows for a second with a green light, and Kennis readies it for combat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus - Shillelagh, Use Cha to attack, 1d8 dmg, magical weapon
    Action
    #3 - (1d20+9)[26], (1d10+5)[15] and it gets pushed to G10
    #4 - (1d20+9)[28], (1d10+5)[7] and it gets pushed to H12
    Move - If #4 gets pushed, I will move to O6

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

The two spiders go flying through the air slumping to the ground.

The spider next to Fargor bites at him.

Behind Kennis and Nyx two spiders phase into existance. A third behind Zerus.

Show

Spider 2 attacks Fargor.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]

PSpider 1 attacks Nyx.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[20]
    Attack: (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[4]

PSpider 2 attacks Kennis.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[15]
    Attack: (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[10]

PSpider 3 attacks Zerus.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[11]
    Attack: (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[4]

Spider Poison: DC11 2d8 Save for Half
    PSpider Poison: DC11 4d8 Save for Half

Last edited by Tashio; 2015-07-06 at 02:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"More damned spiders... Fargor thought as he sliced through the spiders flanking Zerus, before turning to face the new arrivals...

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Attack on Spider 2: (1d20)[10]+(1d4)[3]+9=22
    Damage on Spider 2: [roll]1d6+?[/roll] (if crit, +(1d6)[2])
    Attack on Spider 3 (with SA): (1d20)[7]+(1d4)[2]+8=17
    Damage on Spider 3 (with SA): (3d6)[10] (if crit, add (3d6)[8])

I'll total the damage to each spider once I see how it went...

EDIT: Okay, so that a 22 against Spider 2 for 8 damage, and a 17 against Spider 3 for 10 damage.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2015-07-06 at 02:38 PM.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Fargor stabs at the first spider injuring it badly, before spinning on the new spider.

Spoiler: Combat Update
    Show

Spider 2 = Seriously injured.
    PSpider 3 = Injured.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Nyx - HP 49, AC 19

Nyx yells partly in surprise, partly in pain as the new creature's fangs find a weak spot in her armor. Furious, the gnome puts her wand away and simply extends her arm, palm open towards the spider. As she starts casting a Thunderwave spell, Nyx surprisingly relaxes, her mind filled with clarity.

"BEGONE!"

Fate twists around the creature. And it is incapable of resistance as a thunderous wave of magical energy comes crashing into it. Nyx takes the opportunity to reposition herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Thunderwave in a level 2 slot in the direction of the PS1. DC 15 Con. However, I use my Portent ability to make it fail its save (its roll becomes a 3). It takes full damage and is pushed 10 feet away.
    Damage: (3d8)[17]

Move to L10

Save vs Poison (1d20+6)[23]+(1d4)[3]
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2015-07-06 at 03:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

60/69 HP

Kennis' beams knock back the spiders, throwing them upside down as their legs curl up. She backs up away from the action to see the whole field, when a spider appears out of nowhere. She is able to get out of the way of one bite, but it lunges at her again and she isn't ready for it. The hit strikes her, but luckily her patron's powers protect her and the bite glances to the side. "Bastards come out of no where! Keep a watch on your backs!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Turn
    Action - Eldritch Blast on PS2, both beams
    (1d20+9)[20], (1d10+5)[7], it gets knocked back 10 feet to R6
    (1d20+9)[16], (1d10+5)[7], if already knocked back it goes to T6, if not then it goes to R6

Move - If the Spider gets Knocked back, I'll move to J12

Dex Save - (1d20+4)[18] for poison.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2015-07-06 at 03:26 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #58

Baelic Torq - AC: 19, HP: 76

Seeing the foul spiders on the run, Baelic eyes one on the far edge of the conflict and runs towards it, heaving his war hammer with the might of the righteous.

"Your foul venom will not taint our group today, fiends!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move to F1, Attack spider (1d20+7)[27]], if hit does (1d8+3)[6] damage.

With Critical Hit, adding an additional 6 damage, totaling 12 for the turn.
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-06 at 07:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

The thunderwave crashes into the spider sending it head over heels backwards, as it lands Baelics hammer crashes into it's body almost crushing it.

The two bolts crash into the second spider attacking Kennis, sliding it backwards along the ground, it releases a web into the nearby tree's bringing itself to a halt before slamming into a tree.

Spoiler: Combat Update
    Show

Spider 3 = Seriously Injured
    PSpider 1 = Seriously Injured
    PSpider 2 = Injured
    PSpider 3 = Injured

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With a practiced flourish, Zerus twirls his longsword before implanting it deep inside the heavily-injured non-phasing spider.

A worry crept into his head as he hacks away - spiders don't phase - why are these particular spiders phasing?

Spoiler
    Show
    Longsword Attack vs Spider 3 (non-phasing):
    1 - To hit: (1d20+7)[21] + (1d4)[2]. Hit: (1d8+4)[10]. Crit: (1d8)[5].
    2 - To hit: (1d20+7)[9] + (1d4)[3]. Hit: (1d8+4)[8]. Crit: (1d8)[7].

Note: If attack 1 kills spider 3, direct second attack to phasing spider 2.

Knowledge Check on phasing spiders - Intelligence (Arcana/Nature) - (1d20-1)[13].

Zerus Galanodel (Earth Genasi Vengeance Paladin 7)
    HP: 75/75 | THP: 0 | AC: 22 | HD: 7d10 / 7
    MP: 4/2/-/-/- | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Divine Sense: 3/4 | Lay on Hands: 35/35 | Pass w/o Trace: 1/1
    Javelin of Lightning: 1/1 | Hand Crossbow Bolts: 60/60 | Healers Kit: 20/20
    Now Playing