New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Hearthstone 12: Costs (1) less for every poster in this thread.

Welcome to twelfth GitP thread for Hearthstone. For anyone who doesn't know, Hearthstone is a video card game from Blizzard, based on the Warcraft series. The game is free to play and available here, so if you're interested, give it a shot. You've got nothing to lose but your free time.

For new players, something to be aware of is that there are a number of hidden "quests" you can complete which will give you free gold, dust, or even a pack. A complete list can be found here. Be aware that not quite all of those are ones you'll be able to complete quickly though.

And here is a list of Playgrounders currently in the game, for both NA and EU servers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GitP Username Battle.net ID (US)
    aethernox ethernox#1948
    AgentPaper AgentPaper#1193
    AmberVael AmberVael#1225
    Antonok Antonok#1704
    Anxe GoCorral#1879
    Baelot Baelot#1149
    Cogwheel OmegaNixon#1123
    banthesun banthesun#1782
    Dancing Owlbear Owlbear#1586
    Destro Yersul DestroYersul#1239
    D_Lord Volrock#1367
    Duck999 Duck999#1349
    Duos DoctorDapper#1491
    Firedaemon33 Firedaemon#1486
    Fleeing Coward Scorch#1432
    GAAD GAAD#1126
    Gamerlord Gamerlord#1612
    Gandariel Ciabatta#2958
    Ganorenas Ganorenas#1457
    Gray Mage GrayMage#1723
    Grytorm Grytorm#1777
    Hamste Theorules#1234
    Hatevah Hatevah#1405
    Hircine IllusiveMan#1616
    jindra34 JinRia #1770
    Johnjimco JohnJimco#1482
    Karoht Karoht#1505
    Kish Grazzt#1417
    Krade Krade#1266
    LegoShrimp legoshrimp#1722
    Landis963 Landis963#1789
    Loreweaver15 Loreweaver#1199
    Lunix Vandal LunixVandal#1952
    MacGiolla MacGiolla#1982
    MathMage MathMage#1797
    mistformsquirrl mistformsqrl#1430
    Mystic Muse NSFJunkblade#1400
    Neon Knight VultureCrook#1434
    Nerocite JoeKage#1852
    nhbdy Nohbdy#1927
    Olinser Olinser#1393
    Onionbreath GiantSquid#1845
    otakuryoga Scootaloo#1471
    Pokonic pokonic#1166
    Qwertystop Qwertystop#1897
    r2d2go r2d2go#1262
    Rosstin Rosstin#1609
    SamBurke SamBurke#1486
    Shishnarfne Gruschenka#1375
    Stabbity Rabbit StabityRabit#1362
    Temotei Temotei#1507
    Thanatos 51-50 Thanatos5150#1407
    TheGlyphstone Glyphstone#1419
    The Hellbug thehellbug#1216
    The_Jackal TheJackal#1499
    Togarth Asparag#1680
    Trouble Brewing HairyPoppins#1949
    UserClone UserClone #1545
    Volatar Volatar#1750
    Yana Raltis#1807
    ZeroNumerous ZeroNumerous#1913
    Zevox Zevox#1522
    Zmek JadeReaver #1783

GitP Username Battle.net ID (EU)
    Adumbration Adumbration#2419
    Avilan the Grey Beardedgeek#2355
    boomwolf BoomWolf#1169
    Dada Scrattlebear#2863
    D-naras Dinos #2811
    Epinephrine_Syn SilverSeraph #2931
    Fleeing Coward Scorch#1432
    Frog Dragon Vasemmasti#2618
    FyreByrd FyreByrd#2962
    Gandariel Ciabatta#2958
    GolemsVoice CrazyCat#29897
    Hewhosaysfish HeWhoSezFish#2503
    Hippie_Viking HippieViking#2866
    Infernally Clay Winny#1904
    Jormengand Trianna#2529
    Lionheart Lionheart#2440
    Murmaider Murmaider#2273
    Raddish Raddish#2730
    ScionoftheVoid JayPsi#2775
    ShinyRocks MoodyTuskarr#2790
    Silfir Silfir#2863
    SlyGuyMcFly SlGuyMcFly#2562
    Volthawk Volthawk#1214
    Weimann Weimann#2716
    Wraith Illusionist#2224
    Xiander Xiander#2814

Well, looks like the Mountain Giant reference won our title vote this time. Pity, I actually liked "Everyone! Get in here!" myself. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hircine View Post
    IT looks like another adventure or expansion is on the horizon. http://www.pcgamer.com/next-hearthst...d-for-july-22/
    Wow, that was quick. Or it feels like it, anyway. It'll be nice to see a full new card set (which I'd assume is what it will be, since we just had an adventure), but I really hope this is also when they'll add a new class, too.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2015-08-31 at 08:49 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 12: Costs (1) less for every poster in this thread.

Someone in the link was guessing that they might add tournament mode in this expansion, since the music in some teaser clip or other was from the Argent Tournament.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Clearly that just means we're getting an Argent Tournament/Lich King adventure since there isn't enough bosses in just the Lich King raid
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

So, months have passed and dragon decks don't seem to pick up any popularity.

You see Malygos Warlock sometimes, and attempts at Dragon Paladin/Warrior/Priest have been made, but none really worked.

I haven't seen Nefarian played against me in a long time, (and let us not mention Chromaggus ).

Apparently only Emperor and Patron have been successful (and maybe some other card I'm forgetting ).

Overall I suppose the expansion was a bit of a failure. We'll see about the next one.

Edit: oh, Flamewaker and Quick Shot. Yeah, still. Only some individually good cards, (which did revive some deck archetypes) and one new deck everyone hates, but the big thing (dragon decks) is still missing
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2015-07-03 at 02:56 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I think it might be that there's still just not enough good dragons. Out of 31 new cards in Blackrock, only 8 are dragons, and 2 of those are class specific. Half of them are, I think, constructed-level good. There's more in the classic set - 9 total, most of which are legendary. Once we get some more good dragons, I expect to see the decks come back.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I think it might be that there's still just not enough good dragons. Out of 31 new cards in Blackrock, only 8 are dragons, and 2 of those are class specific. Half of them are, I think, constructed-level good. There's more in the classic set - 9 total, most of which are legendary. Once we get some more good dragons, I expect to see the decks come back.
    From my own attempts at Dragon decks, I think that's exactly the problem. Needing to either pad out a constructed deck with mediocre cards like Faerie Dragon or Dragonkin Sorcerer, or attempt to put Twilight Drakes into decks that aren't able to support them, or even put Azure Drakes into Paladin decks (which get less out of them due to a dearth of damage-dealing spells) is the big problem with them right now.

And actually, I think another is that one of the synergy cards, Blackwing Technician, just isn't that good. 3/5 for 3 sounds strong in theory, but I rarely found it felt strong when played in constructed. Blackwing Corruptor is obviously great, but if Fire Elemental can't keep Shaman from being the least-used class in the game, it shouldn't be surprising that he can't carry a deck all on his own.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

We've just had the primary dragon-themed expansion, so probably this is as prominent as dragon decks will get.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I shall be running an experiment this month: How much gold can I accumulate over the course of a season? As such, I will be barring myself from buying new cards or arena runs or adventure wings until August, and therefore new cards will have to come from dust. What, in your opinion, is a list of cards to auto-dust?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    We've just had the primary dragon-themed expansion, so probably this is as prominent as dragon decks will get.
    I feel one good dragon card can change things up. Demonlock was very niche until Imp Gang Boss showed up.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

So I just played a game where I drew 11 more cards than my opponent but because I kept getting starving buzzards and they kept getting good cards I lost.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A very profuse thank-you to Gandariel for walking me through disenchanting, helping me build a Zoolock deck with my newfound dust, and coaching me back onto the ladder.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Very bad logic, that. Blackrock having a Dragon theme in no way means they won't release more Dragon or Dragon-synergy cards - if anything, the fact that Blackrock failed to make Dragon decks a thing when it was clearly intended to may encourage them to do exactly that. And it may well not take much to make them viable. Some of the Dragon and Dragon synergy cards from Blackrock were genuinely strong (Blackwing Corruptor, Dragon Consort, Hungry Dragon to a lesser extent) and other strong Dragons have existed for a while (Azure Drake, Twilight Drake, various legendaries). They need something more for the theme to be viable, but even one card can make or break an entire deck: see Grim Patron reviving combo Warrior for the first time since Warsong Commander was nerfed, or Miracle Rogue vanishing because Gadgetzan Auctioneer's cost got bumped up by 1. I'd expect we will see them, one day, it's just a question of when Blizzard decides to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    What, in your opinion, is a list of cards to auto-dust?
    Everything from the Hunter class?

Seriously, I actually do that. And if you're new, I would recommend picking the classes you least like and just auto-disenchanting things you get from those so you can focus on the ones you do. I did that with Hunter, Rogue, and Warrior back when I started (have since ceased to do it for Rogue and Warrior), and it certainly helped. Though you may consider keeping good legendaries or epics, if you think you might one day want to play the decks they're used in, just because those are so much harder to get ahold of than commons and rares.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

If the next expansion is Argent Tournament or Icecrown, then I'm sure Sindragosa would be a card. Then again, another high-end legendary isn't what dragon decks need.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

Given the new heroes, I can't help but think this will be in the same vein as Goblins vs. Gnomes, because the Argent Tournament would work much better as another adventure, as apposed to a entire expansion, and we already have a undead-themed expansion. Pirates vs. Ninja's seem to be the go-to choice; the main advantage to that being true, from what I can tell, would be that it could cover two of the setting's main expansions.

The 'pirates' could include various creatures associated with water in general; Northrend has the Tuskarr, Gorlocs, and Vrykul, which are walrus-people, powerful murlocs, and half giant vikings respectively. On the other hand, the 'ninjas' could easily cover much of Pandaria in general. It could be a very efficient release!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2015-07-03 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

The Argent Tournament didn't have nearly enough bosses to qualify as an adventure.

Icecrown Citadel did, but it might have too much similarity to Naxxramas. We have an undead-themed adventure (Naxxramas); the only expansion we've had so far is Goblins vs. Gnomes.
    Last edited by Kish; 2015-07-03 at 06:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I could see a full-on Snows of Northrend expansion. Undead, Vrykul, Kvaldir, Gorlocs, Tuskarr, Earthen and Iron Dwarves - lots of variety there.

And it could lead into an Ulduar adventure, which would be the Best Thing Ever.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Caverns of Time involves the Bronze dragonflight pretty heavily, so we could see some more if they do that. I expect there'll be more dragon cards here and there as time goes on.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imagine if Ragnaros, Kel-thuzad, and Sneeds were dragons. THEN Dragon Decks would work. That sounds a bit crazy but it could totally happen in the sense that, Blizzard just needs to release some good legendary dragons down the line and we could be back in business. I feel like another really good synergy card could make it happen, too.
    Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstin View Post
    Imagine if Ragnaros, Kel-thuzad, and Sneeds were dragons. THEN Dragon Decks would work. That sounds a bit crazy but it could totally happen in the sense that, Blizzard just needs to release some good legendary dragons down the line and we could be back in business. I feel like another really good synergy card could make it happen, too.
    A Dragon on par with El Señor Bum would make a dragon deck almost-viable all on its own.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstin View Post
    Imagine if Ragnaros, Kel-thuzad, and Sneeds were dragons. THEN Dragon Decks would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    A Dragon on par with El Señor Bum would make a dragon deck almost-viable all on its own.
    I wouldn't be sure of that at all. I don't think lack of strong late-game is Dragon decks' problem right now. If anything, it's the reverse: all of the good Dragon cards are cost 4+, and the one cheaper synergy card, Blackwing Technician, doesn't seem strong enough. (Well, there is Twilight Whelp, but its problem is that having it and another Dragon on turn 1 is kind of hard without more good Dragons in general - and much like Zombie Chow, it only really shines on turn 1, since a 2/3 for 1 much later than that rarely has a significant impact.)
    Last edited by Zevox; 2015-07-03 at 10:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Everything from the Hunter class?

Seriously, I actually do that. And if you're new, I would recommend picking the classes you least like and just auto-disenchanting things you get from those so you can focus on the ones you do. I did that with Hunter, Rogue, and Warrior back when I started (have since ceased to do it for Rogue and Warrior), and it certainly helped. Though you may consider keeping good legendaries or epics, if you think you might one day want to play the decks they're used in, just because those are so much harder to get ahold of than commons and rares.
    Can't afford to do that with more than two classes, not if I'm to wring the max amount of gold out of this month's playtime.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I wouldn't be sure of that at all. I don't think lack of strong late-game is Dragon decks' problem right now. If anything, it's the reverse: all of the good Dragon cards are cost 4+, and the one cheaper synergy card, Blackwing Technician, doesn't seem strong enough. (Well, there is Twilight Whelp, but its problem is that having it and another Dragon on turn 1 is kind of hard without more good Dragons in general - and much like Zombie Chow, it only really shines on turn 1, since a 2/3 for 1 much later than that rarely has a significant impact.)
    Agreed. Even if all the 8+ cards in the game became Dragons it wouldn't matter.

There are enough solid high end Dragons: What we need is *low* cost stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, today I did something stupid. I crafted a second Steemweedle Sniper for a horrible controlish beast hunter. It runs a Core Hound and two Tundra Rhino. Note Tundra Rhino if it sticks does really scary things, it isn't really good, but it is kind of good.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So I had one of my craziest matches ever. I am playing a warrior control dragon deck. I was playing a priest who got lore walker cho from a shredder. Emperor Thurrasian got mind controlled back and forth three times. My opponent made a pretty good move by playing off a couple of shield slams to fill up my hand before the final mind control.

A chromaggnus gave me two shield maidens that allowed me to use those shield slams to clear his board. A power word death that cho gave me helped to seal the win.

Not really doing it justice but fortunately my brother was spectating so I had a witness.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

I decided to do a Hunter Arena, and scooped 7 wins with it. This makes the third time in a row I've managed 7 wins with hunter, and before that... I'm pretty sure before that was actually my first hunter arena. I guess I'm saying I don't play hunter in arena much (or in constructed, for that matter- I despise hunter) but for some reason (luck?) I seem to be doing quite decently with it.

I'm a little weirded out.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

On a whim I decided to test this deck-list out. Any prediction on how far I can rise while I play this? Currently at rank seventeen.

Spoiler: Decklist
    Show

2 Timberwolf
    2 Young Dragonhawk
    2 Freezing Trap
    2 Haunted Creeper
    2 Mad Scientist
    2 Ironbeak Owl
    2 Loot Hoarder
    2 Eaglehorn Bow
    2 Animal Companion
    2 Kill Command
    1 Unleash the Hounds
    2 Gnomish Inventor
    1 Houndmaster
    2 Sludge Belcher
    2 Tundra Rhino
    1 Antique Healbot
    1 Emperor Thaurissan

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Your deck doesn't know what It wants to do.

Thaurissan is simply wrong, it's definitely the wrong kind of deck to use it. No expensive cards, no expensive combos.

Healbot has a similar feel to me. Why?

I would just remove both and add Highmanes (if you don't have them, pretty much any good offensive cards for the slot will do)

Definitely add a second Hound master. Really strong, and you have more than enough beasts to ensure he works.

Dragon hawk and Timber... well. I'll tell you that is too weak to work as a combo, but you probably already know that. :P

incidentally, those cards were important combo pieces back when UtH was very very overpowered. It used to cost 2 and say " your beasts gain +1 Attack and Charge".

Games ended on turn seven when Buzzard (several 1-cost creatures )- UtH hit.

(Buzzard was a 2-mana 2/2, by the way)

Anyways. I would add Glaivezooka for more combo. And because it's a good card

So in short, Glauvezooka, Hound master, Highmane IN. Emperor, Healbot, (whatever) out
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2015-07-05 at 04:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

aye..you should never have a full hand for emperor to hit with his power

maybe change him to Loatheb (or highmane as said)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I'I'd bet rank 15 for that deck.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    incidentally, those cards were important combo pieces back when UtH was very very overpowered. It used to cost 2 and say " your beasts gain +1 Attack and Charge".
    Actually, it was cost 1 when it did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    (Buzzard was a 2-mana 2/2, by the way)
    Was it a 2/2 at some point? I only ever recall it being a 2/1.