New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonbane Pretty Cure [IC]

Jeanne inclines her head to the shopkeeper and the girl as she follows Tomi.
    Spoiler: Games I'm a part of
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Clock Tower…’s Vicinity

While the citizens of Siebheln are no strangers to magic, most of them still aren’t really used to casual uses of it. They certainly aren’t used to girls jumping off the tallest building of the town casually like it’s nothing. Once you two touches the ground, you can definitely hear the murmurs of the eyewitnesses around you discussing what just transpired. While the impromptu crowds disperse just as quickly as they formed, there’s still a couple of ‘Must be some crazy school test’ and ‘Kids these days’ comments abound, perhaps proof that you two managed to rocket yourselves into the talk of the town for the day.

”Uh…little missy, you might want to do something about those things on your head first.” A passer-by courteously informs Cleo before continuing to go on his own business. Just like any other day of the week really…

---

The Nightshade

As you exits the store to the shopkeeper’s polite waves and the pink girl’s more energetic waves, you can see right ahead that it’s nearing the time for the promised meet-up. There’s still the matter of discussing and comparing your founding and your companions’.

Though as you all make your way into the center of the town, you’ll start hearing more and more passer-by gossiping about ‘rowdy teenagers’ or something to that effect. Wonder why that is…

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Town Square

The clock tower's needles indicate that the time is now 9.15. There's still plenty of time from your deadline, but then again there are no certainties in this task just yet with the exception of the answer of the riddle itself. The two separate groups has managed to find one another without much trouble, albeit with a few curious glances from passerby. Nothing really serious though, they soon leave you all to your own devices, and the Town Square has plenty of corners to make for a convenient place for private conversation.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Aster naturally gravitates towards the most secluded corner, waiting a few moments for someone else to speak. "It seems that Dancing Topaz grows on one of the hills to the north-east," She said barely above a whisper, "Did you see one in that direction?"
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

"North-east?" Erin tries to keep quiet... tries being the operative word, "there was one! A nice place to start for sure!"
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #36

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeanne nods
    "We were warned of unusual animal behaviour though. And a girl I didn't recognise took unusual interest in our task" she says as the group prepares to leave "So be on guard"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"Things on my hea-- OH!" She reaches up and pokes at one of them. "Whenever I use dragon-magic, they appear." Cleo sounds sheepish, even though she's speaking to nobody in particular.

Over the course of the next few minutes the horns fade away, going back to their usual size.

-----------------

"Erin and I saw those hills when we were on the clocktower! We could lead you there!" Still a bit off-put by the fact that they're not going to the plateau, Cleo's eager to put her enthusiasm behind another plan.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh well, so we'll have to deal with the animals if we meet them!" Erin exclaims, "No big deal! Let's go, everyone!"

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Eastern Gate

As you all approach the Eastern gate of the city, you all see two guards chatting with each other. At first they don’t notice you all approaching, but eventually as you all get closer one of them finally notices you all and motions for his partner to turn around. They try (and failing…) to look as ever-ready as usual to greet you all. The one who noticed you first, looking like the more senior of the two, opens his mouth to speak the usual guard-greetings and warnings for every citizens traveling outside…though his earlier gaffe pretty much dented his image of authority.

”…and make sure to be back before dark, girls!”

Meanwhile, if you look outside the gate, you’ll immediately notice that the wilderness outside lacks any sort of landmark except for the road…which goes straight east. Need to recall all those navigation tricks you learned from those Wilderness classes to not get lost!

Spoiler: Wilderness
    Show
    Give me either a Knowledge: Nature or a Survival check from one of you to take point. One person may aid that check.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

"We have to, otherwise Matron Millia would kill us herself - or, worse, assign us more homework!" Erin grins, "OK girls, looks we'll have to make our own way here... let me think... from what we saw from the clock tower, I suppose the hill should be more or less... this way!" she pointed to the left of the road.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aid Another on Survival: (1d20+5)[9]

Extended signature

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Aster looks around nervously, her blue eyes casting about the wilderness. It's alright, you can do this She thinks to herself, as her braid swishes with her turning head. "We're at the east gate, north should be to our left, we want to go north-east, what angle off of east do you think the hill you saw was?" As she walked the girl took note of the surrounding environment, biting her lip with worry about the animals they might encounter. "The shortest path would be to cut off at an angle and go into the woods straight towards the hill, but it's faster going on the road than in the woods, so we probably want to get closer to the hill and then cut off to reach it."

Spoiler: Since I seem to be the only one with Knowledge Nature
    Show
    Knowledge (Nature); spending an inspiration point via Cunning Knowledge for +3: (1d20+14)[17]

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah, if you say so", Erin nods, heading forward along the road, "Tell me when it's the time to turn, OK?

Extended signature

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeanne takes up the rear, ready to keep a lookout ocne they get far enough away from town for it to be an issue
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"Staying on the path would get us there faster, no? Less walking through the forest."

Cleo follows in the middle of the group, head on a swivel. She begins to hum, cycling through about a half-a-dozen songs before settling on one she feels is appropriate her and her team-mate's current situation. It was a song that a great dragon prince had composed to woo an elven maiden - the story had a sad ending, but the song was cheerful enough.

"~I soared above an empty land.
    I knew the pathways like the back of my hand.
    I watched the earth beneath my feet.
    Laid by the river and it made me complete.

take it to the chorus
    Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
    I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on.
    So tell me when you're gonna let me in.
    I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin.~"

As the five girls walked past a fallen tree, Cleo allowed her mind to wander. It never crossed her mind that they might be in danger.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Tomi finds herself humming along, Cola swinging carefree in one hand. She isn't good at music, or geography, but she knew enough to yield to those that did. Silent delegation. A measured response.

The chords are simple enough. She'd sung harder songs in chorus.

Not well, but she'd sung them.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright then," Aster said, walking down the path, "Keep your eyes peeled for the hill."

She kept her gaze primarily to the left, watching for the hill top to the north as she walked.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Woods Outside

After some time of walking along the road, the hill’s rather impressive structure is visible on the distance, surrounded by what appears to be lots of overgrown bushes around it. The bushes seems to be the ideal place for smaller animals to hide, as it’s thick enough to obscure them but not tall enough to obscure bigger predators.

Once you all walk closer to the hill’s vicinity, you all would notice that there’s a path made out of shorter grasses that leads to higher ground. It’s not hard to guess that it’s there to facilitate the journey of Siebheln’s herbalists as they endeavor to gather ingredients at the top.

Aside from that, the base of the hill looks to be an idyllic place. The breeze that pass by every now and then gives the place that relaxing quality as well. No animal has announced its presence.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

"Look, seems we're on the right way!" Erin, who was still keeping in front, exclaimed, "looks like people are coming here all the time - must be safe..." was that a hint of disappointment in her voice? Most likely not, but still. "A nice place, too - let's find that flower quickly, then we'll have the rest of the day free! What do you think?"

Extended signature

20. - Top - End - #50

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"It's a distinctively yellow grass-like herb. Hopefully there won't be many other topaz yellow grasses on the hilltop."

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, we certainly won't find any chatting down here" Jeanne interjects "Let's keep moving"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

24. - Top - End - #54

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Goldenstone Hill

‘Goldenstone Hill’, called like that by the locals due to the abundance of materials that can reflect sunlight that can be found on its summit, has always been one of the locations outside of the Siebheln’s city walls that are considered quite safe for even civilians. It’s off the beaten path, not the usual place for predators to prowl, and perhaps most important of all: the scenery’s actually quite good. There’s a reason why this place is one of the Siebheln’s herbalists’ favorite place to gather ingredients, and not because it has one of the most diverse of ecosystems around.

As you all ascends to the top of the hill, you still don’t notice anything out of the ordinary at first. Just as you all continue walking however, the more perceptive of you will notice that something seems…off. For starters, it’s pretty unnatural to have no sign animals in a patch of wilderness like this. Even the bugs seems to prefer holing up in their holes and refuse to show their face.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Y’all can make an Awareness check to notice more things.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the rustling, Jeanne pulls one of her sickles from it's resting place and loosens the chain. Better safe than sorry, and one can search for a plant with a weapon in hand just as easily as without.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Aster nods, cradling her own weapon. "Sounds like one, we'll want someone to watch the rear and people on the sides so we don't get surrounded without knowing it," She said trying to remember tactical combat classes as best as she could.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course! It won't do if it leaves without us seeing it! Ok, I'll go first; Cleo, do you have any combat magic? Tomi, Aster, do you? Me and Jeanne would cover you if needed!"
    Last edited by jamieth; 2015-08-09 at 03:04 AM.

Extended signature

30. - Top - End - #60