Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murder at the Academy

So how long is the Night Phase?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

15 minutes left.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

...Was that a joke? I thought you were serious but then twenty minutes passed.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    ...Was that a joke? I thought you were serious but then twenty minutes passed.
    I was totally serious, but I was also driving, so I couldn't update everything exactly at 22:00 hours CST. But yeah, you asked when the night ends literally 45 minutes before it was scheduled to do so.

I'm gonna go track down powers and update this thread with a story post. Be back soon!

- - - Updated - - -

As the professors turned in for the night, they prepared for whatever dastardly plots these assassins might try to carry out to end their lives one by one. Through the night, as they completed their administrative tasks, they took their time to keep a watchful eye out for assassins. But as the night grew longer, and the fire grew colder, and nothing happened, their paranoia only grew larger and larger.

Come morning, each professor was bleary-eyed and totally exhausted. And they still had a whole day of teaching and plotting ahead of them...

Nobody is dead. Huh...anyway, Night One is over; Day Two has begun. Day Two will end at 22:00 Wednesday July 22nd.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2015-07-20 at 10:59 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Uh...what? Time to go back and check the list of powers....
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Elenna would not be confused by her power if she was an assassin, as that is the most straightforward of all of them. Elenna is probably not an assassin.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Elenna would not be confused by her power if she was an assassin, as that is the most straightforward of all of them. Elenna is probably not an assassin.
    Thanks for the defense. However, I'm not confused about my power so much as trying to figure out which powers can stop night kills.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Bait-And-Switch changes the target of any power, it could conceivably get the assassins to kill one of their own if you knew who they were going to kill and one of their number. Other powers block other powers, including an assassination. That probably happened this night, since no one died.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Or maybe someone with Antimagic Shield or Just a Dream (the Abjurer or Illusionist) got lucky? I'm assuming nobody used a major power on night 1.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Really? Why are you assuming that?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

There are a couple major powers that block all night powers including assassination (Blanket Immunity for the Transmuter and Ultimate Protection for the Abjurer), but in either case the user has to correctly guess who will be killed or targeted by other powers that night. I just don't see why anyone would burn their major power in a N1 random guess.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

So you're saying because some major powers block other major powers that nobody would use any major powers night 1? In that case why would anyone use any major powers ever?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

I feel as though it's a safe assumption; it's a major resource expenditure to use a major power, and correctly targeting on Day 1 would require knowledge that only the baddies are privy to. I mean, I don't see that many obvious kill targets from what's been posted so far, do you?
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

It does sound like a safe assumption. I know I didn't use my major power last night. So, who should we try to lynch today?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'll start the pointing. Thematthew, do you have anything to say?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2015-07-21 at 08:49 PM. Reason: That's matthew with two 't's, three actually...

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Really Lex? You're voting for someone in their first game here on day 2? I believe that's rather unusual for you.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Tolomei
    Guest in the Playground

Pointing at Xihirli again for the "are only the professors voting" question. I haven't yet seen anything similarly suspicious from anyone else.
    Last edited by Tolomei; 2015-07-21 at 09:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I agree with you Tolomei that that probably means he's not a professor, though that leaves a lot of other things he could be. Probably where my vote would have gone today if Lex hadn't done something that seems really off to me.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

That's not my exact moral role. I assure you that I am not an assassin.
    Also, Fiend. That's another thing I'm not.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2015-07-21 at 01:56 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

That is pretty much what I wanted to do Tolomei but you beat me to it...

Well two votes on Xihrli can't hurt. Especially since his last post is rather... odd. Why would you find the need to mention that you are not the fiend specifically?

If you are not a professor or an assasin or the fiend... what is left? It's a 14 people game. How many neutrals can there be?
    Last edited by Nonayer; 2015-07-21 at 02:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not neutral. I'm a professor. Everyone is a professor. But my moral role is a slight variation. I added Fiend as an afterthought because... because that's also bad. Do I need a specific reason? Would you rather I just use the blanket "I'm a good guy?" Would that help?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lex doesn't strike me as particularly guilty, although I haven't played many games with her. Xihirli's comments are suspicious, but I'd rather create another bandwagon for vote analysis purposes.

Hmmm...I'm still suspicious of CarpeGuitarrem. After Tolomei voted for him based on his D1 questioning, he didn't explain until almost the end of the day when I brought the subject up again, despite posting twice times in between. Possibly he needed some time to figure out a good answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look, ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonayer View Post
    That is pretty much what I wanted to do Tolomei but you beat me to it...

Well two votes on Xihrli can't hurt. Especially since his last post is rather... odd. Why would you find the need to mention that you are not the fiend specifically?

If you are not a professor or an assasin or the fiend... what is left? It's a 14 people game. How many neutrals can there be?
    I don't know if you saw, but he initially just denied being an assassin and then edited the post to add that he wasn't the fiend either. To me, that looks like someone who was really just trying to say he's not a bad guy and forgot there was another evil role, rather than the fiend trying too hard to deny being the fiend. That is what you were suggesting, right?
    Last edited by Elenna; 2015-07-22 at 02:36 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. That is what I meant when I said "afterthought." Thank you, Elenna.

Capeguitarrem gets my vote for D1. He wanted us to get reads based on votes, let's help him out on that.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2015-07-22 at 04:49 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Yay, we have discussion! And we have...um...a day to choose our vote target. Oh boy.

These days are really short.

I'll second the point at Lex because it seems like a really idle and random vote. The first townvote on D2 should really not be random like that; we've had voting trends and some (admittedly brief) reasoning that we can draw conclusions from. A random vote for pressure doesn't benefit Town at all here.

What gives?

~~~

Ramsus, anyone else seem off to you besides Xhirli and Lex? Do either of them seem to be coordinating with anyone?

Nonayer and Tolomei, that seems like really weak reasoning to me. Do you have any suspicions on someone that aren't based on wording details? I'm most interested in your thoughts on various people's support for different vote candidates.

Elenna, if nobody used a major power Night 1, then why do you think nobody wound up dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. That is what I meant when I said "afterthought." Thank you, Elenna.

Capeguitarrem gets my vote for D1. He wanted us to get reads based on votes, let's help him out on that.
    Sounds good, I'm actually interested to see where the wagons pile on.

Now, my initial tack on Tolomei was that it was a pretty weak throw: "I don't like that you're poking people this early so I'm going to vote you." I didn't figure it was worth addressing until someone else brought it up as well.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    [...]
    I don't know if you saw, but he initially just denied being an assassin and then edited the post to add that he wasn't the fiend either. To me, that looks like someone who was really just trying to say he's not a bad guy and forgot there was another evil role, rather than the fiend trying too hard to deny being the fiend. That is what you were suggesting, right?
    No I didn't notice that. Yeah that was what I was suggesting. Or maybe just some sort of slip. Either way trying to say you're not evil as a defense on day two is just silly and at least slightly suspicious especially after just getting one vote. I might just be entirely too paranoid about this. Still plenty of time for people to switch around votes and having multiple wagons helps so keeping my vote for now.

After all if we're entirely honest voting on day two is only slightly less random than day one. We're going on hunches and feelings right now.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Yay, we have discussion! And we have...um...a day to choose our vote target. Oh boy.

These days are really short.
    The day is two days long; the night was three, and the previous day was two. It's mostly to keep the game going at a decent pace, since a full could take maybe even 10 day/night cycles to complete, between raising the dead and preventing death.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

@CarpeGuitarrem: I don't want to be perceived as just ignoring your question, but I also don't want to give a full answer to that question right now as I think it might harm our ability to gather information. So let's just pretend my answer was "no" for now.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Tolomei
    Guest in the Playground

Now, my initial tack on Tolomei was that it was a pretty weak throw: "I don't like that you're poking people this early so I'm going to vote you." I didn't figure it was worth addressing until someone else brought it up as well.
    You were "poking people" in the sense of asking who they "trust" in a situation where it makes zero sense to trust anyone. To me, this comes across as trying hard to give off the appearance of aggressive pro-town play, rather than fishing for information in a sensible way. It also comes across as trying to establish control of the conversation, which would be more important for the evil roles. I still think it's suspicious -- honestly, you're next on my list of suspects.

There's only so much we can say based on voting patterns at the moment. Murska was lynched, and no one else knew his role. His rival for the lynch was Elenna. If we later establish her as either an heir or an assassin, we'll be able to go back and get good information from the day one votes. Until then I think calls based on wording or playstyle are just as valid as ones based on votes.

Here are my reads at the moment, though. (Obviously, this is all fuzzy stuff and much of it will turn out to be wrong. I post it mostly to encourage others to post similar things, and thus exert peer pressure on the assassins to do so as well, leaving us with something to analyze once we've lynched one.)

Xihirli -- still suspect him, based on the slip-up theory.
    CarpeGuitarrem -- suspect, based on playstyle.
    Lex-Kat -- suspect. Ramsus' call-out makes sense to me, Lex-Kat seems like a player who would usually go easy on a newer player in the early rounds, and thus might be acting on information that the rest of us don't have when she goes against that.
    Luizeu -- weakly townish for being inactive. Playing a wolf is interesting, and being assigned an interesting role would make someone inactive more likely to post. (Still, do get posting if you can! We can have fun being town, and it's definitely in our interest to avoid autolynches!)
    Elenna -- townish for two reasons: (1) seemed legitimately confused about nothing happening at night (if that's genuine, it means she hadn't read too much of the rules about the roles that interact with killing), and (2) doing things like clearing up misunderstandings about what Xihirli said while still saying she's suspicious of him (ambivalence about someone else, and trying to get all the facts right, is townish).

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Well I think Luizeu might just be busy or something as I don't recall him playing silent in previous games. And ALL our roles are interesting in this game.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Honestly Lex, I have a few ideas that I'm not quite sure about yet. I can assure you, however, my intentions are good.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Elenna, if nobody used a major power Night 1, then why do you think nobody wound up dead?
    Um...I already answered this above.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Or maybe someone with Antimagic Shield or Just a Dream (the Abjurer or Illusionist) got lucky? I'm assuming nobody used a major power on night 1.
    There are also two minor powers that can block night kills.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!