New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Harbinger/ Warden Gestalt

So, soon I'm going to be playing a gestalt game and recently I've been totally head over heels for path of war. My dm said I could use any materials from pretty much any books, so long as we run it past him first. So, here's what I have so far as a character:
    -------------------
    Ararias Ravinpen
    Level 1 Warden (dervish defender)/ Harbinger (ravenlord)
    Str 9
    Dex 18
    Con 10
    Int 20
    Wis 10
    Cha 8
    ------------------
    And I'm gonna be trying to enter Dragon Fury as soon as possible. So, besides weapon finesse and deadly agility and all of the dual wield feats, what should I get?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Harbinger/ Warden Gestalt

I forget the name, but it's something like tactical rush. Requires a maneuver from Throne, tortoise or [third discipline I forget], and allows 1/encounter swift action movement. So basically, another use of grim news.

Given your classes, I assume you are going crazy dpr? I recommend grabbing Black Seraph if you can for Strength of Hell, which works with full attacks.

Also, be warned: this gestalt is CRAZY good. I've used it before. It literally gibbed one of my players.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Harbinger/ Warden Gestalt

That's good, because I'm giving up grim news for the gloom ability. I'm kind of want to go for a mix of damage and control, with a little bit of scout mixed in with my raven companion. I'm used to playing more of a tank/ leader (I usually end up leading the groups I'm in, for some unknown reason), so I wanted to play something new. But since I'm not used to it, I really want any and all help on making a character like this. Any advice on how to play a character with focuses on damage and control?