New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Random Plots and Places 11: Still more random than you!

This is a thread for plots not large enough to need a separate thread, or locations that don't fit anywhere else. If you'd like a location permanently indexed in the first post, PM the creator of this thread..

Longer lasting or more serious plots might fit better in the Serious Plots thread. This thread is intended for events that aren't as structured as Serious and not as long lasting. If you aren't sure which thread fits your plot best, then just pick whichever one is less busy at the time.

Rules
    1. Use [Location Tags] or [Plot Tags] on your posts.
    2. Each location or plot is under the control of its creator.
    3. Play nice.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gullara; 2016-01-12 at 10:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Random Plots and Places 11: Still more random than you!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    3:10 to Nowhere

Spako holds up his sword, for now deciding not to make himself a target by setting it alight with magic.
    "Come on, we have to go. There's nothing we can do for all these people from here. Maybe if we can get to that hole we can slow down the closing." he suggests, fighting to keep his optimism alive and give them a solution, no matter how unlikely. He starts to walk in that direction, assuming the goblins follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post

3:10 to Nowhere
    Thankfully for the Deertyr, he has a good sense of balance so even though his footing is precarious, he keeps somewhat steady and keeps from sliding long enough to rest the butt of his staff on the train's side. A flicker of light at the bottom and he suddenly has a nice handhold to keep himself steady.

John gives an appreciative whistle at the darkness around them before yawning when the sleepiness hits. He can sense that it is an unnatural sleep, mostly because he'd just woken up after getting a good several hour nap in on the train. He doesn't make too much of an issue of it though as he reaches into a pouch on the side of his pack to pull out two white pills that he crunches on noisily. The energizing spell within activates after the final swallow and he nearly gags on the foul taste before a jolt of lightning courses through his nerves, wakening them up and keeping them awake. He gives a visible shudder in front of Sutha that makes his butt wriggle and tail flick back and forth for a few seconds.

"Let's see what we're dealing with here..."
    he speaks to no one in particular. Now that he's energized, he can look around the area a little better. Seeing the hole at the end rapidly closing, he frowns and waves with his free hand at a couple of the orbs around him. One shoots off towards the front of the train, trying to make it out, but the other launches itself at the darkness in front of him(to the side of the train). If they hit anything solid, they'll bounce back after hitting it hard like a thrown baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [3:10 to Nowhere]

As everyone knows, a yawn is infectious and as Sutha is climbing out the same way John did, she has to stop to do just that. She wasn't sure what was going on but she felt awfully tired all of sudden, hardly able to keep her thoughts straight or her eyes open. But as she saw what John's butt was doing she suddenly realized she could do the same thing. She just need to get her fat butt through this d-a-m-n windo-

With a final pull she falls down to the ground. Ouch.

The pain jolted her awake for a moment though and before the ground starts to feel comfortable enough to sleep on she reaches into her small sasquel and pulls out a horobi seed and crushes it between her teeth. This ought to keep her- auughgh.
    She get's up with a jolt and shakes her head, her vision suddenly painfully clear and her body filled to the brim with energy. "S-s-eeing anything?" The half-orc asks as she notices what John is doing, her whole body twitching from time to time.

[3:10 to Nowhere]

On before them echo footsteps and voices, flashlight beams sweeping across the dark as others turn and head for the last break in the closing dark. The sleeper cars have come loose, some rising up until they have to clamber around the sides, or far apart enough that the leap is nearly beyond the old goblin matron and her charge. Livret's conjured lights keep wickering out, the moments between where the darkness rushes in bring the return of the overwhelming humm shuddering underfoot and through the air - and with it the need to sleep, the terrible stumbling blind exhaustion.

Finally they come to a point where the next car has been shoved up over the one after, jutting up nearly vertical into the dark. As they reach the edge, the weakest noise creeps up from below. Barely audible as human at all. The old goblin tilts her head to listen, but Livret gets there before her. "The conductor." With a flick of his tail he sends a spark of dragonfire into the void, but the darkness only saps it dry and the little dragon glances to Spako questioningly.
    He would just as soon leave the poor fool and get the rest out.

--Elsewhere--

The orb flies maybe five feet from the edge of the train, slams against something, and sticks with a terrible hiss. In its dull warm light the walls are revealed - woven together out of densely tangled strands that shine like silver in the glow, and slowly dragging in the light despite its frantic attempts to pull free. The wall rises high above their heads and slopes back, into a wide dome, and every inch of it is alive with shadowy bodies, tiny creatures all of eyes and twitching legs.
    Something crawls past them on the train, something small and very much like an ant in its skittering little zigzag path. Black-bodied, with wings that rub together in a soft chittering humm. Nearly invisible in the dark, the creature crawls to the ridge of the windowsill and pauses, staring at the two perched on the upturned train.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Calavera House - Common Room]

"Who cares about forcefields when... my clothes!"

Lisa moans and whines, and finally turns her attention to the forcefields.

"We... eugh... we don't need to do that. There's a forcefield generator somewhere, so here's the plan. I'll door us to the guard watching it and break his mind, while you disable the generator. Get that straight. Stupid peasant technology prevents us from harming each other, but not us from harming others."
    Sybil rolls her eyes until Lisa finishes whining. 'Erm... what's 'door'? Just to be clear here.' Teleportation spells aren't exactly something Sybil could get her hands on, and Doorway in particular doesn't exist in her old world.

What's with Sybil being barely able to handle a soldier, while Lisa can snap his mind in half so easily.

Towards the last part, Sybil boggles. 'If this is peasant technology, how high are your standards?!'

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside Calavera House]

Lisa laughs a bit. "Door's a teleportation spell, silly peasant! And as for technology, I'd tell you, but you wouldn't understand, so I won't." And that's that!

"Ready? I don't need you messing it up. Let's hope you can do stuff right."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Outside Calavera House]

'Oh, okay.' There's no time to explain anyway.

Sybil nods. 'Ready when you are.'

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside Calavera House]

Lisa braces herself, more for the fact that she'd have to touch someone so beneath her than anything else, then grabs Sybil and doors to the guard, startling her.

"What the-?"
    says the female guard, but that's all she can say before Lisa turns her mind into mush, causing her to fall in a crumpled heap, her eyes blank and her mouth drooling.

This causes Lisa to giggle evilly. A fitting look for the peasant who slighted her.

"Do your thing." says Lisa as she lets go of Sybil and wipes her hands.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Outside Calavera House]

And I thought the royals were bad.

Sybil had seen people burned alive by fireballs, or organs torn out of their bodies with the help of a longsword. But this... this was different...

It didn't help that Lisa just put Sybil through the exact same ordeal...

Memories of her death start to crawl back...

Sybil shakes her head hard, and looks around for any machinery or glowing crystals. While trying not to look at Lisa, or the guard.

Especially not the guard.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-07-09 at 03:02 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside Calavera House]

The forcefield appears to be powered by ectoplasmic energy, useful for keeping in ghosts and preventing their escape. Over the machinery and console itself, there appears to be a huge container of ectoplasmic energy, the same one that was in the storage container in Damia's place.

The container looks breakable.

"Break the container already, or something!" Lisa protests and stamps her foot, inadvertently stepping on the fingers of the passed-out guard. The guard chokes out a pained scream, one that might haunt Sybil for a while.

Even worse, Lisa appears to relish the sound.

Sybil might remember the thing that happened with Damia. She'll finally get another power boost. Maybe.

9. - Top - End - #9

Foxpital

Inside of Jinkei's hospital room, if she is awake she might possible notice a strange odorless smoke slowly enter her room. After a moment the smoke comes together and Desulus steps out of the haze.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-07-09 at 09:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Outside Calavera House]

It's not like the guard's reaction to getting her mind crushed isn't already haunting Sybil.

Sybil has her own sanity and unlife to focus on for now, though. Even if she's convinced Lisa had taken extra care to stomp on the poor woman's hand.

As usual, Sybil summons her sword- with a bit of difficulty, considering how she'd seen the effects inflicted upon the guard- and swings it hard at the container.

Whoever made these containers out of easily breakable glass, are going to magically enchant them next time.

But that's after Sybil's left.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Foxpital

Jinkei squints her eyes sleepily at the odd figure in her room.

"Who are you?"

[Outside Calavera House]

The glass breaks with a loud crash and the energy fuels Sybil to the point where she might have little trouble using her newfound abilities without immediately falling on the ground in pain. Granted, her skills still need to be honed, but the power boost has knocked her up from beginner to intermediate.

The forcefield goes off and Lisa squees with joy.

"The peasant can do something right, after all!"

12. - Top - End - #12

Foxpital

Des leans down so that his fainly glowing red eyes can meet Jinkei's.

It's me, Foxchild. Desulus. I sent you a letter.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Foxpital

Jinkei tries her hardest to remember the letter.

"Yes, Desulus. I got your letter. Have you come... to turn me? I... don't wanna get turned."

14. - Top - End - #14

Foxpital

Des shakes his head and places his hand in whatever of her hair was exposed.

No. I came to check in on you, Fox Child.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Outside Calavera House]

Despite (or due to) previous circumstances, that was a genuine compliment to Sybil's ears. Funny things.

'And now,' Sybil announces with a touch of glee, 'We get far, far away from this damn place. I won't trip!'

They're still connected by the collar.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Foxpital

Jinkei looks confused. "We've met before? Ah... yes, something about a cave and a stake, and fight training. Explains the fans that are part of my personal effects."

She looks into his eyes for a bit. "Sorry, my memory has been wonky since the accident. Hurts to think."

17. - Top - End - #17

Foxpital

Des has an oddly sad expression.

What if I had been there?

"I'm sure. You hit your head. Or at least that's what I had heard."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

[Foxpital]

Jinkei somehow feels compassion for this strange vampire that claims to know her. "Don't be sad, Derrick." Or was it Domulus? Eh. "I'm going to be alright."

"They said something about a bicycle accident and falling off a cliff. The strange dragonlady that found me said I was almost dead."

19. - Top - End - #19

Foxpital

Desulus. The vampire responds, patiently.

It's good that they found you.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

[Foxpital]

"Desulus. Right. Well, thank you for caring."

Jinkei sighs, a bit sadly.

"Can you... remind me of our experiences together?"

21. - Top - End - #21

Foxpital

Des takes a seat on the edge of Jinkei's bed and regales her with stories of their shenanigans, small in number they might be.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

[Foxpital]

Jinkei listens attentively, nodding every now and then. She laughs when there's reason to laugh, and comments on her childishness should Desulus mention their last meeting.

"Even though it's like I'm meeting you for the first time, I do remember some of our experiences. Sorry about being childish."

23. - Top - End - #23

Foxpital

Des gives Jinkei's hair a ruffle.

Nothing really worth worrying about. You are still a small child by your own kind's standards..
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2015-07-10 at 05:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

[Foxpital]

Jinkei nods and sighs. "Yes, I suppose that is so. That's still no excuse."

"Tell me: how's Castle Earnest...?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Foxpital

Castle Eramay.

Des says before continuing on.

It's doing well. Alex and I have put quite a lot of work into it.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

[Foxpital]

"Eramay? That's a weird name... what does it mean, De... umm... Des? I can call you that, right?"

Jinkei tilts her head quizzically. "Alex? Who's that?"

27. - Top - End - #27

Foxpital

Eramay was the original name of the land I ruled and I had named the fortresses after the areas they guarded. And yes, you can call me Des.

He gives Jinkei an odd look.

Alex is the human woman I turned. She lives with me at the castle. I'm not sure what the modern term for the two of us is.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Foxpital

"Era...may. Des. I'll try not to forget it." Jinkei knows it's easier said than done, especially for her, but she can make the effort, right? Right?

"Alex is a woman? Huh. And you turned her and she lives... so she isn't your thrall. Hmm... have you both been intimate? If so, then you're friends-with-benefits."

29. - Top - End - #29

Foxpital

We had told each other that we loved each other.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

[Foxpital]

Jinkei brightens up. "Then you're dating? I'm happy for you, Des. May you have a lovely time together." A pause. "Kitsune like me are demi-gods of a sort, so I can bless. Hopefully it counts for something."

She snorts. "Demi-god or no, I could have been dead if not for the strange dragonlady."