New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: League of Legends LXIV: 404 Thread Title Not Found

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    I was playing a game with 3 friends and a stranger. We all claimed and locked, and the last person locked Katarina. It would have been fine, but they didn't claim. That left us with Blitzcrank (sup), Veigar (mid), Gnar (top), Vi (jungle), and Katarina (adc???). So we decided to try out a new strategy. Katarina solo'd bot lane while me and my 3 friends moved lane to lane in a horde. We got level 2 dragon, might have gotten first blooded (I don't remember), but did very well. At one point we all thought we were being dumb, but I looked at the score and we had 17 kills to the other teams 7. We stayed in the squad all game, got fed, and won. We all found it amazing the strategy actually worked.
    That's the power of an organised Kill-team. In this case it seems like you had 4 people with instant communication vs the enemy team who had none, and proceeded to out-rotate them, sort of, and steam-rolled the opposition because they cannot communicate or react fast enough, unless they had supreme ward coverage along with good map-awareness.
    Nice job though, it's always fun to try something different and have such good results. I remember being on the recieving end of a similar pre-built team filled with what were normally considered 5 support picks. We got out-cc'd all day long and without any ability to communicate with my own team beyond the chat box, we got split up, picked and killed at every chance.
    I remember being both really impressed, and frustrated at the same time.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2015-08-30 at 05:34 PM.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    I was playing a game with 3 friends and a stranger. We all claimed and locked, and the last person locked Katarina. It would have been fine, but they didn't claim. That left us with Blitzcrank (sup), Veigar (mid), Gnar (top), Vi (jungle), and Katarina (adc???). So we decided to try out a new strategy. Katarina solo'd bot lane while me and my 3 friends moved lane to lane in a horde. We got level 2 dragon, might have gotten first blooded (I don't remember), but did very well. At one point we all thought we were being dumb, but I looked at the score and we had 17 kills to the other teams 7. We stayed in the squad all game, got fed, and won. We all found it amazing the strategy actually worked.
    Yesterday, a bunch of friends and I played a game sort of like this. We didn't sort out who was jungling in time, so we ended up having a somewhat normal team, except we had a Nasus and Cassiopeia top with no jungle. I'm actually still not entirely sure how we managed to win.

Peelee’s Lotsey

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    That's the power of an organised Kill-team. In this case it seems like you had 4 people with instant communication vs the enemy team who had none, and proceeded to out-rotate them, sort of, and steam-rolled the opposition because they cannot communicate or react fast enough, unless they had supreme ward coverage along with good map-awareness.
    Nice job though, it's always fun to try something different and have such good results. I remember being on the recieving end of a similar pre-built team filled with what were normally considered 5 support picks. We got out-cc'd all day long and without any ability to communicate with my own team beyond the chat box, we got split up, picked and killed at every chance.
    I remember being both really impressed, and frustrated at the same time.
    yeah, that's basically what happened. Our blitzcrank missed the first grab on the other teams viegar mid, so they knew what was up. I think they expected us to return to lanes, but we just went top and killed their riven, then took another shot at veigar and killed him. At one point the entire enemy team went mid, but we just pushed top a bit, then went mid and blitz grabbed one out so we had the numbers advantage.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: C9 vs. TiP
    Show
    CLOUD 9 WHAT THE CRAP. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I'M TOO YOUNG TO HAVE ALL THESE CRIPPLING HEART PROBLEMS YOU'RE GIVING ME!?

caps
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2015-08-30 at 08:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Spoiler: c9 vs tip
    Show

cloud 9 what hthe crap. Don't you understand that i'm too young to have the crippling heart issues you're giving me?
    Spoiler: C9 v. TIP
    Show
    Just think what will happen to the liquid fans when C9 goes down 0-2 next week.

Also https://twitter.com/RiotJatt/status/638144665712132098
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: C9
    Show
    Well, apparently they had two of these in the deck. Let's see if they draw their third.

Spoiler: Yugioh Cards
    Show

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: C9 vs. TiP
    Show
    CLOUD 9 WHAT THE CRAP. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I'M TOO YOUNG TO HAVE ALL THESE CRIPPLING HEART PROBLEMS YOU'RE GIVING ME!?

caps
    Spoiler
    Show

Poor TiP. They threw so hard Game 4 and Game 5. On the plus side, I'm rooting so hard for a TSM/CLG/C9 contingent for Worlds.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Colossus in the Playground

Show
    Honestly, I don't really know what to think anymore. Hai keeps making dumb mechanical errors like he were on supertilt all week; I thought I'd seen it all when he ulted and then flashed forward on Amumu but he's consistently done weird mistakes in each game. C9's drafts are really inconsistent and twice now Lemon has said he'd fix them...only to have the same exact problems both serieses. But then C9's enemies somehow tilt themselves after going 2-0; I guess they're just too excited and forget how to play. Both series C9 has been behind in the remaining games too but their opponents have outplayed themselves. Maybe BO5 is just too much for TIP/Gravity or something? I don't know. I do know that C9 really, really needs to solve a lot of issues if they're to have any success in the future - and Gravity/TIP need to learn to play BO5s until the series is over, not just for 2.5 games.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, I envy some of you guys. All you fans of CLG and TSM and FNC and whatnot get to cheer on your teams as they fight for championships and worlds berths. I'm stuck watching helplessly as GMB struggles just to avoid relegation.

I wish I was a fan of good teams. Gambit, the Washington Redskins, Sahara Force India...I guess I'm just a masochist when it comes to being a sports fan

Now to switch gears a bit:

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Show
    Hai keeps making dumb mechanical errors like he were on supertilt all week; I thought I'd seen it all when he ulted and then flashed forward on Amumu but he's consistently done weird mistakes in each game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hai retired in the first place because his body (specifically his wrists) had been shredded to the point that he simply could no longer mechanically perform at the level he needed to. The only reason he came back was because the team needed his shotcalling so badly that a half-crippled in-game coach was more valuable than a jungler of Meteos's caliber. A severe wrist injury can seriously f*** you up even if you don't need ultra-precise timing like a pro does. But at the pro level, where speed and precision is key, having your hand just plain refuse to move exactly how you need it to...well...
    Last edited by Artanis; 2015-08-31 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: C9/Hai
    Show

Well to be fair Jungling is a lot less mechanically demanding that going mid. And yeah Hai role as a shot caller is much more important to C9 than his mechanics.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Man, I envy some of you guys. All you fans of CLG and TSM and FNC and whatnot get to cheer on your teams as they fight for championships and worlds berths. I'm stuck watching helplessly as GMB struggles just to avoid relegation.

I wish I was a fan of good teams. Gambit, the Washington Redskins, Sahara Force India...I guess I'm just a masochist when it comes to being a sports fan
    Well.. i guess it could be worse though?

I used to be a fan of Evil Genius all the way though the early seasons, but that team more or less fell apart until its now only Froggen left.
    Then i started to follow Unicrons, but they sadly lost their magic along with their jungler.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #912

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hai retired in the first place because his body (specifically his wrists) had been shredded to the point that he simply could no longer mechanically perform at the level he needed to. The only reason he came back was because the team needed his shotcalling so badly that a half-crippled in-game coach was more valuable than a jungler of Meteos's caliber. A severe wrist injury can seriously f*** you up even if you don't need ultra-precise timing like a pro does. But at the pro level, where speed and precision is key, having your hand just plain refuse to move exactly how you need it to...well...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know but the thing is, these are not those kinds of mechanical errors. These are mostly things he does well in solo queue (at least judging by what I've seen on his stream); not so much accurate clicking and such but simply correct sequencing of your actions, skillshot accuracy and such - things that require focus rather than speed. I'm not expecting him to pull huge mechanical outplays or such but simply knowing your limits on e.g. Shyvana and using your ult before your HP has dropped below Fizz's alpha or the presence of mind to notice that you don't have the mana for QR on Amumu and flashing before ulting rather than the opposite.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well.. i guess it could be worse though?

I used to be a fan of Evil Genius all the way though the early seasons, but that team more or less fell apart until its now only Froggen left.
    Then i started to follow Unicrons, but they sadly lost their magic along with their jungler.
    Unicorns are still pretty good. Their main issue is Vardags at ADC, who is awful and, indirectly, brings the whole team down. If Vardags could be more self-sufficient, Hylissang could make more/better roam plays and the team as a whole could probably open up Power of Evil's champion pool (since right now they rely so heavily on POE to carry and can't do compositions that rely more on the ADC).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

I have a lot of teams I like in LoL; I think the fact that they don't represent locations makes it more likely for me to cheer for teams.

In NA, I root for TSM, C9, TiP, CLG, and Team 8 in about that order. So, I'm pretty well covered when it comes to the top teams in NA ;)
    Last edited by Joran; 2015-08-31 at 01:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    This happens with all animations in the game that have cast frames, I believe.

I think both Tristana and Ezreal (my two classic examples for this situation) can still dash/blink through Maokai root (among other things) depending on exactly when the two abilities are cast. I'm not surprised Vayne has a similar effect.
    Meanwhile Caitlyn's dash gets stopped by so much as a Yordle sneeze... <_<
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

16. - Top - End - #916
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Guys... I need your advice.

After mentioning casually the number of concurrent views the world finals got last year... My wife immediately started to ask questions about how lol could really be classed as "sport".

We had an interesting talk about it and the long story made shirt, is that she agreed to watch a VOD of a championship game with me.

My question is... Which game should we watch?

I need to be able to talk her through the tactics and what is happening (and why), but at the same time... It needs to be an interesting game for someone new to the game...

Thoughts?

17. - Top - End - #917
    Barbarian in the Playground

I recommend not a championship game, unfortunately. All of the worlds championships the last few years have been pretty one-sided. The FNC vs Origen games from the Europe finals were EXTREMELY good though with two very top tier teams who were nonetheless fairly evenly matched, and as a best of 5 has enough games to be interesting.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SanguisAevum View Post

After mentioning casually the number of concurrent views the world finals got last year... My wife immediately started to ask questions about how lol could really be classed as "sport".

We had an interesting talk about it and the long story made shirt, is that she agreed to watch a VOD of a championship game with me.

I need to be able to talk her through the tactics and what is happening (and why), but at the same time... It needs to be an interesting game for someone new to the game...

Thoughts?
    FNC vs. UoL, Week 8, Spring 2015.

One of the best games I've ever seen
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ettin in the Playground

I found the playoff finals really enjoyable to watch, but I'm not sure if they're newbie friendly.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: C9 vs TL
    Show

Holy Fudge! C9 IS GOING TO WORLDS! From 7th place on the regular season to 3rd seed at worlds, C9 still lives!

Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2015-08-31 at 05:53 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: C9 vs. TL
    Show
    I am beginning to suspect Hai is a physical god. C9 is his team, his house. Without him, they're nothing, but with him...There's nothing that they can't do.

22. - Top - End - #922

Show
    This was a different Hai from the previous series. He really impressed me with his mapplay and his personal contributions. The Nidalee in particular was beautiful: the floundering, careless man who made those other series 5 games was nowhere to be found today. He didn't carry anything but the last game but he more than did his job in all of them and he wasn't making egregious, game-losing mistakes. If this C9 shows up for Worlds, they might actually be a player - they certainly looked like the best team in NA for 4 games here.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Also, Liquid being so afraid of Sneaky potentially cashing in his Draven stacks that they start to itemize pure armor and focus him in every teamfight, resulting in Incarnation's Viktor destroying TL in pretty much every fight. Draven's so terrifying that just the threat of him potentially cashing in a kill causes TL to tilt, make bad decisions, and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Unicorns are still pretty good. Their main issue is Vardags at ADC, who is awful and, indirectly, brings the whole team down. If Vardags could be more self-sufficient, Hylissang could make more/better roam plays and the team as a whole could probably open up Power of Evil's champion pool (since right now they rely so heavily on POE to carry and can't do compositions that rely more on the ADC).
    TBH I just feel bad for PoE at this point. Elohell confirmed.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2015-08-31 at 08:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just remember, it could be worse. You could be a season 3/4 CLG fan.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SanguisAevum View Post

Thoughts?
    I think you have to pick an exciting game with a crazy ending. Skip ahead to the part where the craziness starts. Watching laning for 10 minutes is going to be boring. I think you start with excitement, then start introducing tactics like lane swaps, rotations, objective control, etc.

I think the two best games to hook people are SK vs. Fnatic and FNC vs. OMG.

https://youtu.be/9xFvhBLu7ew?t=2539 (SK vs. Fnatic)
    https://youtu.be/O345c46mFqY?t=3346 (FNC vs. OMG)

Also, a MMA journalist went to MSG for the LCS finals and had a good time and was explaining it to another guy. This has the usual questions (why do people watch this?) and the guy responding has pretty good answers framed in a way that a layman can understand.

https://youtu.be/NmQdZJ6bpoU?t=2h44m36s

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Just remember, it could be worse. You could be a season 3/4 CLG fan.
    Their faith was rewarded. Team Liquid fans take the crown as most tortured fan base now.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Jungle Azir incoming?

Alternatively: Power of Evil buffs.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks cool.

Mechanics-wise though, according to the wiki, Sated Devourer doesn't double Azir's sand soldiers' attacks. It'll just let him apply on-hit effects as though every second attack with them was also a zero-damage "normal" AA against the target.

...or something, the wiki page isn't 100% clear on what exactly does happen, but the page is pretty clear that the soldiers' attacks aren't being doubled.

Alternatively: Power of Evil buffs.
    They're buffing Syndra?

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Their faith was rewarded. Team Liquid fans take the crown as most tortured fan base now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    True. It has to be frustrating when not finishing in 4th place STILL isn't enough to keep them from finishing in 4th place
    Last edited by Artanis; 2015-09-01 at 05:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Azir's soldiers don't apply on-hit effects, though. Also, Sated Devourer didn't interact with them at all prior to tomorrow's patch. The patch notes don't exactly say much besides "Azir's Sand Soldiers now work with Sated Devourer", but I'm assuming based on the gif that they later posted that they special cased it so that Sated Devourer makes the soldiers attack twice every other attack. Because... reasons.

And the Power of Evil comment was a joke about PoE now having more midlaners that he can build Devourer on and lose with.

Syndra's getting buffs in 5.18, though.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

Azir's soldiers don't apply on-hit effects, though. Also, Sated Devourer didn't interact with them at all prior to tomorrow's patch. The patch notes don't exactly say much besides "Azir's Sand Soldiers now work with Sated Devourer", but I'm assuming based on the gif that they later posted that they special cased it so that Sated Devourer makes the soldiers attack twice every other attack. Because... reasons.
    Ohhh, I wasn't aware of that change in the next patch
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Only 1 thing's important in this patch.
    Spoiler: IMPORTANT
    Show
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.