New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Dungeons and Dragons WW (Sign-up thread)

This is now a registration thread!

No more than 50 people will be allowed, and registration will last for a week (from May 2). So, whichever comes first.

Scroll down to see the roles. They will be assigned randomly, and the ones that are used will depend on how many people sign up.

The Roster:
    1. [Insert Neat Username Here]
    2. Alarra
    3. Atreyu the Masked Llama
    4. Bassetking
    5. Captain van der Decken
    6. Castaras
    7. DarkCorax
    8. EmeraldRose
    9. Exachix
    10. Gnome Barbarian
    11. Helgraf
    12. Ink
    13. inky13112
    14. janusnori
    15. Kantur
    16. Kyrian
    17. Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    18. pingcode20
    19. Raistlin1040
    20. Rumda
    21. Selrahc
    22. Shadow
    23. Strategos
    24. Vonriel
    25. Warpfire777
    26. weebl
    27. Zeb the Troll

The title is temporary. I will try to think up something better, but I am open to suggestions. Also, I am looking for a back-up narrator, someone who can update in the unlikely event I cannot post. I want to be prepared this time.
    Last edited by Deckmaster; 2007-05-08 at 07:24 PM.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf D&D: The Return (Feedback Thread)

I'd rework the rogue ability as it caused a heck of a lot of confusion last game.

I'll tell ya more later.
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2007-04-30 at 05:09 PM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Wow. Not much love for this idea, huh? Slipped down into page 2.

I'm not giving up that easy. Bump!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm in, if you bring it back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

If you can get this running, Deckmaster, then I may join.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

6. - Top - End - #6

It should have a co-narrator. One who can be on when you are not, Deckmaster. I may be recalling incorrectly, but I believe on a few occassions the updates were off worse than the Video Game Heal/Hurt. That really hurts a werewolf game.

I liked the roles. Maybe adding a prestige class or two might be fun.....hmmmmm...........prestige classes.....I think i have a (terrible) idea.
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe. I'd be much better at updating regularly now, though, since a) I now have regular access to a computer and b) I'm usually on at the same time every day. A co-narrator may be helpful anyway.

I'm only bringing this back if people have good suggestions for changes. I agree the Rogue needs to be reworked, but I can't think how. I thought the "escape-and-hide" ability would work, but all it did was make me confused as to whether the game was technically over.

Cleric and Wizard I'll probably keep the same, unless things really change. They didn't get any play at all in the last game. Also, less wolves. I made 1/5 of the players wolves; it was obviously too many. Or I can split them into two packs. Of course I probably won't call them wolves, if I can find a more D&D style creature that can pass as human. I will also definitely rework the Monk, Druid and Bard. I meant for them to become somewhat influential in the game because they were almost untouchable (except for the Bard, who got an extra vote); instead they became ineffective.

The Barbarian and Ranger worked pretty much the way I wanted them to. The wolves were afraid to kill the Barbarian, especially once they figured out who she was, because by then their numbers were so low. The Ranger proved an invaluable information source for the Masons. They worked too well; if the other roles had worked out like I planned, the wolves probably would have been obliterated. The Fighter was auto-lynched; that was unfortunate, seeing as he completely replaced the Baner. I think next time I'll do something different with the Fighter and make the Paladin the replacement Baner. I can't remember, but I think the Sorcerer got killed early, too. I'll probably keep that the same, as well.

I don't know; what do you guys think?

8. - Top - End - #8

Well, I wasn’t around here back when Werewolf V was being played, and I’m definitely not an authority on Werewolf games in general, but I have read WWV recently. Perhaps something along the following line would work for it.

Commoner: Villager
    Rogue: Wolf
    Sorcerer: Devil (Must be a Rogue, must be Evil)
    Wizard: Seer (Can‘t be a Rogue, must be Good)
    Adept: Fool (Can‘t be a Rogue, Thinks they're Good, regardless of actual alignment)
    Bard: Illusionist/Witch/Warlock (Can be either)
    Cleric: Baner (Can’t be a Rogue)
    Druid: Mason (Can’t be a Rogue)
    Ranger: Keep the same (Can’t Be Rogue)
    Barbarian: Keep the same (Can be either)

Monk: Having reached the pinnacle of Monkhood, perfecting both Body and Mind, the Monk can survive blows that would kill a normal person. The first time the Monk is killed in any way (except autolynching), the result is ignored and the player revealed as the Monk. (Can be either).

Fighter: A veteran of many battles, the Fighter can defend himself from almost any attack. Although even his skill and determination can be overcome. The Fighter has a 50% chance of surviving a rogue or paladin attack. (Can't be a Rogue)

Paladin: (For the Paladin, I’m thinking of something vaguely similar to the Shadow in Mafia III see here). As one of Good's most resolute champions the Paladin's ultimate objective is to eradicate evil above all else. The Paladin can either “Detect Evil” at night, or kill someone who’s Evil. Detect Evil shows the Paladin a players alignment, but not their role. The Paladin can only kill someone that they‘ve detected as Evil. Wins if all Evil players are killed. (Can’t be a Rogue, Must be Good)

At signup all players are sent out their role and their alignment, either Good, Neutral or Evil. Alignment is determined randomly, except where otherwise noted above. The universal concept of Alignment is so strong that not even the Bard’s power can fool it. This means that the Rogues aren’t necessarily evil while the Cleric might not be as good as they appear. On death, a players Alignment is revealed along with their role.
    ***Edit 1*** Ahh, simued by Deckmaster I see, and I usually check preview post to prevent that to. Oh well. Two groups of 'wolves' seems to work okay. I'll see if I can re-work what I've got to fit in better with what you've posted. ***/Edit 1***

***Edit 2*** Changed the Adept slightly and added a Neutral alignment ***/Edit 2***
    Last edited by Strategos; 2007-05-01 at 10:27 PM. Reason: 1: Simued 2: Changing stuff
    As your time spins and sets what you love you can forget this I hope, I believe it's insomnia fantasy the tortoise had a dream that he was free. when he woke up, he was married. some things are better than freedom.
    freedom, kōan 129. koanoftheday.com

Kris & Lyra by me.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, that's very good. Much better than what I was thinking. You really simplified things, and addressed a lot of the issues I was having.

That's what I get for trying to make things complicated.

A slight change; there could be a few neutrals out there, so that evil equals roughly 1/3 of the players. Or a d3 roll, if you want to get technical. Their only purpose would be to make the number of Good equal to the number of Evil without making it polarized, but I like the idea.

The Adept should be required to be Good as well, or at least think he's Good, seeing as if he works like the Fool, he should think he's the Wizard.

A circle of Druids replacing a secret society of Masons is also very appealing to me.

Anyone see any problems with that I'm missing?

10. - Top - End - #10

not at this time. It looks good.
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

I wasn't playing WW games when this happened the first time but this sounds really cool. If I'm not in too many when it comes around, I'll definitely sign up for it.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

I think I'm going to combine Stratego's suggestions with more elements from the original game. Can't post what I'm thinking of right now, though. Check back in a few hours.

13. - Top - End - #13

ooh, will do!
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Here we go.

Roles are listed in alphabetic order.

Note on Alignment: Alignment means little in terms of gameplay, except that good and evil characters can be targeted by the Blackguard and Paladin, respectively. You can choose to act your alignment or not.

Barbarian: Rage: The Barbarian can take out 1 other person when killed. If lynched, the Barbarian can take out one of his accusers; if assassinated, he will take out a Rogue at random. If killed by other means, he takes out his attacker. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Bard: Works the Illusionist/Witch/Warlock. False Vision: He can make 1 player appear to have a different role and alignment to Investigate or Hide in Plain Sight, but not to Detect Good/Evil or Track. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Blackguard: The Paladin's evil counterpart. Detect/Smite Good: As one of Evil's most resolute champions the Blackguard's ultimate objective is to eradicate good above all else. The Blackguard can either "Detect Good" at night, or kill someone who's Good. Detect Good shows the Blackguard a player's alignment, but not their role. The Blackguard can only kill someone they've detected as Good. Wins if all Good players are killed. Must be evil and a Rogue.

Chief: Works like the Seer. Investigate: Can see if someone is a Commoner or a Rogue, their alignment, and if they have a special role. Must be Good and cannot be a Rogue.

Cleric: Raise Dead: The Cleric can raise 1 player from the dead 1 time during the game. This person can't vote, be voted for, or be assassinated for 3 days. This person has a chance of having their alignment switched upon resurrection. The Cleric cannot use this ability on himself. This action does not reveal the Cleric. Even after they use this ability, they will still be revealed as the Cleric when killed. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Commoner: Works like the Villager. Basically, it means you are not a Rogue. May be good, evil or neutral.

Druids: Works like the Masons. They know each other and know that the other druids are not Rogues. May be good, evil or neutral, but cannot be a Rogue.

Duelist: Works like the Baner. Canny Defense: He can protect 1 other person or himself from assassination every night. May be good, evil or neutral, but cannot be a rogue.

Fighter: A veteran of many battles, the Fighter can defend himself from almost any attack. Although even his skill and determination can be overcome. Combat Expertise: The Fighter has a 50% chance of surviving a Smite Good/Evil or assassination, but not an attack by a Sorcerer or Wizard with an offensive ability. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Monk: Evasion: Having reached the pinnacle of Monkhood, perfecting both Body and Mind, the Monk can survive blows that would kill a normal person. The first time the Monk is killed in any way (except autolynching), the result is ignored and the player revealed as the Monk. If he is resurrected, he regains use of Evasion. May be good, evil or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Paladin: Detect/Smite Evil: As one of Good's most resolute champions the Paladin's ultimate objective is to eradicate evil above all else. The Paladin can either “Detect Evil” at night, or kill someone who’s Evil. Detect Evil shows the Paladin a player's alignment, but not their role. The Paladin can only kill someone that they‘ve detected as Evil. Wins if all Evil players are killed. Must be good and cannot be a Rogue.

Ranger: Track: The Ranger can tell who is a Rogue and who isn't. Works like the Chief, only he can't see roles beyond Rogue and Commoner. Track is not affected by False Vision. May be good, evil, or neutral, but cannot be a Rogue.

Rogue: Works like the Wolf. The Rogues vote every night to decide who to assassinate. Their goal to is to take over the village. They will do this by assassinating the Commoners one by one until their numbers are equal. May be good, evil, or neutral.

Rookie: Works like the Fool. Thinks he's the Chief. Investigate: Tries to see if someone is a Commoner or a Rogue and their alignment, but gets a random result instead. Sees the Chief as the Rookie. If the Chief is killed, he becomes the Chief for real, including becoming good if he is not already. Thinks he is good, whether he really is or not, and cannot be a Rogue.

Shadowdancer: Works like the Devil. Hide in Plain Sight: He can spy on people from the shadows and see if they have a special role. Must be evil and a Rogue.

Sorcerer: Power Over Versatility: Picks 1 of 7 schools at the start of the game and gains an ability based on that school. The ability will be more powerful than either of the Wizard's abilities. May be good, evil, or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

Wizard: Versatility Over Power: Picks 2 of 7 schools at the start of the game and gains abilities based on those schools. Neither ability will be as powerful as the Sorcerer's lone ability. Can still only use 1 ability per night. May be good, evil, or neutral, and either a Commoner or a Rogue.

At signup all players are sent out their role and their alignment, either Good, Neutral or Evil. Alignment is determined randomly, except where otherwise noted above. The universal concept of Alignment is so strong that not even the Bard’s power can fool it. This means that the Rogues aren’t necessarily evil while the Cleric might not be as good as they appear. On death, a players Alignment is revealed along with their role.

I'm really proud of this. It just feels like D&D to me. Thanks to Strategos for the great ideas.
    Last edited by Deckmaster; 2007-05-03 at 05:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

very nice i am defiantly in
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Cool. This is now a registration thread. I'm going to edit the first post, so be sure to check that out. I'm also changing the title.

Edit: I will assume, Llama and Strategos, that you are interested in playing even though you haven't actually said as much.
    Last edited by Deckmaster; 2007-05-02 at 08:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Dragons WW (Sign-up thread)

INSIES! Yes I know I'm a spaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

18. - Top - End - #18

Sounds good. I'm in.

19. - Top - End - #19

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Almost every Werewolf games except maybe WW1 and WWClassicIII/IV has had a Fullbladder. Hate to break tradition. Always did love the DnDWW. Had some backbone, it did. I'm also in.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

20. - Top - End - #20

Huh, this looks pretty good. I'll play too, though I may need a reminder when the time comes..
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

I really shouldn't sign up for this because I already have too little free time to devote to the boards, but this one sounds like so much fun that I can't resist!
    IN!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

I am in!

In I am.

Am I in?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Ooh, sounds cool, *is in*
    Takes avatar Requests Portfolio
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies By LiB, Oblivion and Me

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

I am joining.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm in!
    filler

26. - Top - End - #26

I'll play.
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

sign me up...

Everlight Dungeon Crawl: Eberk Battleheart
    D'Emrenius Keep: Aramil

28. - Top - End - #28

DrowGirl

*Jaw drop*

IN! FREAKING IN!
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground

I did this last time...

And I'll do it again!
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

First post updated.

Edit: I was going through the roles and realized I forgot to mention that the Wizard can still only use 1 ability per night. Seems nitpicky, but I don't want there to be confusion. I also reworded some things and made a change to the Rookie.
    Last edited by Deckmaster; 2007-05-03 at 05:02 PM.