New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1531
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox In XII: Dance If You Want To

"If that's what you're in to." Free will is highly overrated in a relationship, Mist. You'll never get ahead if you care about fluffy things like that. I lean in to look, really look at the grammar-works. One of them, as expected. But also... "What's wrong with your Sword? It's not exactly my specialty but even I can tell there's something up."

Yone nods. You can tell by the text color that she is just kind of going with the flow of the conversation.
    "White hair isn't so strange - are you one of those superheroes?!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

"This is from my Father, the King of Foxes. It signifies me as his royal son and gives me my power over Aspects. It doesn't do what your kind of Sword does, really, but it's still connected to my normal Charity." he explains to her proudly, taking some pleasure out of having something she doesn't understand, rubbing a finger over Leah's pin.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, sure, the color is fine. But the fact that it feels like it's made of glass? Not normal.

At the second question, she chuckles. Well, no, not yet. But my home realm has a bunch of heroes. And I do have powers. I definitely want to be a hero.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #1354

I am a little surprised. But only a little, and give a shake of the head. "I suppose it's to be expected that you take that royalty stuff seriously." When he says it doesn't do what yours do, that probably means he isn't very skilled at using it. Other than for this Aspect thing, which really seems like Mask-magic, but isn't completely different from war-form workings. "Can you tell us more about the Aspects?" I inquire, voice calmly curious. Mist thinks this reflects well on him compared to me, but he isn't complete. If it reflects well on anyone it's this 'King of Foxes'.

"Like glass? Do the ends ever hurt?" It's bad enough to have a strand of hair strike you in the eye - but a strand of mutant glass-crystal? Ouch. "WEll good! The world needs plenty of heroes." Although some would say it needs villains just as much, or more. "I'm sure you'll do well."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1355

Krystal has had several discussions with Magtok about the need for villains. She's against them. Obviously.

Krystal brings a hand up to smothered out her short hair.

Well, I keep it pretty short, so it doesn't really bother me. Besides, it's been like that for almost ten years now. I'm kinda used to it. And it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as my crystals.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist blinks.
    "If a took my title seriously I'd be in the forest trying to stab the King for his crown and not running an Inn. My Aspect power can draw out characteristics, usually with visual side effects. I can make someone more of their true self, kind of like how I was made a fox. And I can copy something of theirs for myself. With this coat I can give myself Leah's general shape." Mist doesn't mind explaining since BC couldn't copy fey magic from his Court on her own.

7. - Top - End - #1357

I smile lightly in response. "Perhaps not that seriously." But seriously enough to talk about it, the descent of royalty. "What defines someone's true self? Where does it come from?" Is there ground here for a proper philosophical discussion? (With Mist, probably not). "Far be from me all this turning things into other things. One ought to stick to a form, more or less." As if I would want to copy their magic. There's been little indication that it's good for anything practical.

Well, plenty of heroes become villains in time. And vice versa. The categories are flexible. Just look at Magtok!

Yone nods.
    Ten years. "So you haven't always had your powers? What's your origin story, then?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist shrugs.
    "It seems arbitrary based on how the powers interpret their traits. Or however I choose but I don't really use it on people often. But uh..." he looks at Yone. Things should stay the same but she needs to make people into her...he still doesn't have a name for the giraffe cats. His neck still hurts just looking at them.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Krystal shakes her head a bit.

No, only had them about half my life so far.

I'm what's known as a mutant. Kind of a different species of human. Once a mutant hits puberty, their mutation kicks in. Usually. It's kind of a crap shoot whether a mutant will look different, or what their powers will be. And mutants can be born to both mutant and non-mutant parents.

For me, besides my looks, my bones are different too. They're made out of something almost like, but not quite, diamond. And I can extend them. And break them off.

To illustrate, she brings up a fist, and a crystal slides through the skin of each knuckle. She grabs one and slides it out with a quick yank. The rest slide back into her hand, which heals instantly.

She offers the crystal to Yone.

See? That's what my bones are made of.

The crystal is clear, and fairly light. Seems to have the same density as human bone.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2017-05-26 at 09:06 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #1360

I tilt my head curiously. "Is it just not that important to you?" And then notice where Mist's gaze is going. "I was referring to real people, obviously. We all know the fashionable common line of thinking about humanity, but here we have proof that there is a spark within them all the same. One can't be blamed too much for the physical from they had before awakening." I wave a tentacle dismissively. "Besides, these are exceptional circumstances, an exceptional place. Nothing like...my old home.

Yone takes the crystal...metacarpal bone spike? and turns it over and over, examining it from different angles, holding it up to the light.

"Hmm. That's really neat. It's not heavy, really, but it's so strong. Jealous; her bones can't compare. Although...

"And that's why you haven't had your powers so long, I see."
    "Um, do you want it back?"

It's pretty. But kind of macabre. And it might be kind of too personal to give away to someone at a bar.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1361

Krystal shakes her head a bit.

Nah. I can't put it back. She grins a bit. Although, if you want,
    I could carve something into it for you. Make it a bit more unique.

She can make crystals out of her body. Why not learn how to make artwork with them?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

"Its not important to me because it's not a power I use often. It isn't right to just magic people without their consent and people don't usually like being given animal traits that my powers usually do. I use my powers are myself much more often." he says with a shrug.

13. - Top - End - #1363

"It's not important because you don't use it, and you don't use it because you say that it's not important. That's all there is to it." I draw back a little bit.
    "Does it give you any insight into peoples' selves, true or not, without using it? Or is it only experimental?"

That's a little unusual, carving things out of your own bones. But aloud, I say "That would be lovely!" and hold the diamond-bone out to Krystal.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I don't use it because it isn't right to just mess with people's bodies and minds indiscriminately. I can bring out traits that I want but I can't know about them beforehand except the old fashioned way." Mist answers with a frown.

15. - Top - End - #1365

"Who said anything about indiscriminate?" I tease. "If you wanted to, you would find volunteers." I lean my head down on crossed tentacle-tips, the very image of thoughtfulness. "Do you have any speculation on what the true inner self hides, or doesn't, from the conscious mind?" Perhaps there is an application here that falls withing my area of expertise. Even if not, this sort of weird, non-traditional magic can turn up interesting things. If my sources are to be believed.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1366

Krystal doesn't really think of it as carving into her own bones. Because that would be weird.

No, she just sees it as not really any different than wood carving. Just a different medium.

Krystal spends some time working away, using different knuckles on her right hand to change the size of her scrapes.

It doesn't take long before she finishes and passes the crystal back. In it is a relief carving of Yone. It's not super detailed. Mostly because Krystal didn't want to make Yone wait hours for her to finish. But it is detailed enough to tell who it is.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #1367

Yone watches closely as Krystal works. After all, I consider myself something of a craftswoman, although perhaps not with anything like this. Carving and weaving are kind of opposites.
    Until it's eventually done.
    "It's me! How cute." A little funny-looking giving the shape that she had to work with, but certainly recognizable from the horns to the toes to the ribbons shown as barely a scratch. I reach out to take the carving and examine it more closely. "Thanks! I think you'll make a good hero."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

"I mean, it hides lots of things. I once used my power on a curious girl and she turned into a tiny phoenix. Didn't have a clue why. I think that many people have traits that they don't themselves believe they have." Mist says with a shrug.

19. - Top - End - #1369

Krystal grins a bit.

You're welcome. And thanks. I sure hope so.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #1370

I slowly nod. "Well, you have succeeded in waking my curiosity. But I can't imagine letting you work some magic on me would be a good idea, especially if it transforms people." And there's very little about BC that she doesn't know she has. Strengths, flaws, principles, motivating memories, it's all neatly sorted and indexed.
    That said, I turn over to Yone. "Let's be going. We have a whole world to change."

"Oh! Yes, teacher." I nod to Krystal. "Nice meeting you. I'll see you again." Although probably not in such friendly circumstances. The world does need villains.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist waves at the retreating cat.
    "Goodbye. I'll call if I need to borrow your trait of filing ability." he says cheerily.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Krystal waves to Yone. See ya later!

When they leave, Krystal turns her attention back to Mist.

Well, I didn't catch most of what you two were talking about, but it seems you have some history.

She is clearly expecting him to share said history.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

And then LDK remembered this scene was a thing and should probably be wrapped up!
    "Oh, nothing huge. She hates the guts of my fiance and her dad, tried to kill me once, and threw a curse at me when that didn't work.
    Eh."
    Mist explains, punctuated with a shrug.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Like a hand in a cookie Jar, a figure appears, looking around as if he's not sure he's found the right place, but confident he'll find something. His height is not impressive, but not particularly short. His eyes are sharp and attentive, but not unfriendly. He is armed, but the casual observer would not be able to perceive so, as his weapons are concealed. His hair likely needs trimming, but his face is clean shaven and his skin fair and unblemished. His suit, obviously built for more... Militant operations is stylized to resemble the coloration of a red fox.

Is, uh, anyone here at this time?"

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Towards the newcomer turns a... bipedal sabretooth cat with horns. Her fur is dark grey, with splotches of black and white that don't look natural. She's wearing a baggy black vest and pants. There's a bottle in front of her, half-empty. Doesn't look like it's her first.

"Uh. I'm here. Does that count?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

The man steps forward, a smoky timbre leaking into his words.

"No reason for you not to count. Got a name?"

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh." The Charr hesitates, as if unsure what her name is. "Thariza Brighthorn. Of HALO. Used to be Iron Legion. You?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

The man appraises Thariza, and seems to accept what he's looking at."You can call me Fox, I'm not Currently associated with any organization, but I have been. Pretty new to these parts." He looks around the place. "Seems pretty nice in here."

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, remember when a certain kitsune got a job here as a waitress? Yeah, that definitely happened. Then her player sorta lost a lot of inspiration and was super slow, then he sort of forgot to pick this back up? Hm...

Well... she was on vacation! Yeah, something about her girlfriend's parents or something? She was pretty frantic about it at the time. What a great workplace that'd allow a new, part time employee to take such a long trip and still have a job for her when she got back.

Kitty's back now of course. She's currently wiping down some tables. Did she have fox ears before she left? Whe must have. They match her tails, and she certainly had those. In any case, she's hard at work.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

The man who calls himself a Fox takes a curious and amused look at the waitress before speaking to anyone who cares to listen.
    "Might've been a bit foolish to keep the name of an animal, but I hardly knew there'd be people with far greater resemblance. Might need to look into a new handle, at least while I'm still in this weird place."