New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1531
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox In XII: Dance If You Want To

"Yeah, it'll be fine. No concrete dates for now." Mist says. Leah and Mist aren't so focused on the details of the ceremonies that they have to work them out right at this minute.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Todd seems to consider. "I haven't the slightest clue what I'm going to do here. I don't even know what dangers and powers are at work here. Probably going to lay low and stay in safe areas. See what kind of other interesting people I can meet."

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

"It's easy to keep a low profile here," Thariza says. "People will leave you alone, unless you make yourself their business. There's always a bigger problem to worry about. Like the demons that killed me. Or my ex-boss. He was a villain, then he went legit and led HALO... and then he left, for some reason. But that was when I was dead, so I don't know when or why, exactly."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"Then I should blend in just fine."
    Todd cracks his neck.
    "I get a bit tired of being important."

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think I want to be important either," Thariza agrees. "Some people take to the limelight like... one of them things... fish, to water. And the Nexus provides plenty of opportunity for that. Drama, big conflicts, gossip, whatever."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"I see. This is a place of big heroes and big villains. And I'm just a man trying to settle down, or at least settle in."
    Todd takes another drink.
    "Got a lot of evil in my past, lot of good too. Now I'm here, and I just want to be somewhere."

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

"Good for you. I'd hate to have to clobber you if I stick with HALO," Thariza says. She doesn't sound very serious, though. "You're a good drinking buddy. Anyway, if you just want to settle down... seems to be easy enough. Plenty of folks just go about their lives. They just have to dodge the call to adventure now and again."

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"You're not the scariest thing that's tried to clobber me, but I'm no fool. I'll soon be an older man in a profession where most die young."
    Todd takes a drink.
    "Not out of my prime yet though, got plenty of chances to screw that up. Maybe I want a call to adventure. Small stuff hopefully. No point growing old if you do it alone."

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

"If you want adventure, hanging out in places like this is a good way for it to drop into your lap," Thariza says. "As for non-adventure, well, you've got me here. I don't know how other races live normal lives. Or what's normal for them, for that matter."

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Fox finishes his drink.
    "This has been a grand 'ol time, but I think it's about time I find somewhere else to roam for now. You have a good one Thariza."
    He stands up and makes his way to the Exit, and Leaves.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Barbarian in the Playground

At some point!

T'was a dark and spoopy night! Okay it's probably late afternoon at the latest.
    Thunderbolts! Lightning! Incredibly frightening!
    . . .
    Okay there aren't even any clouds in the sky.
    In walks the darkest, evillist, meanest, stuff of nightmares.
    Yes! Indeed! The dread vampire herself!

. . .

Yeah, okay. It's just Naku. The purple-haired Hunter herself walks on in; prolly the last person Mist might have expected to actually come through the doors.
    Today, she's wearing a fairly light, semi-frilly sun dress, and as she walks in, starts closing up an adorable, matching parasol she's been using to keep the sun off.
    She's presumably followed by her two companions, and quickly hops up to the bar, before sitting down and letting out a bit of a happy sigh.

She's mist this place.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Pixie in the Playground

Devero enters the tavern behind Naku somewhat confused by the thunderbolts and lightning above, but chooses not to address it.
    Those that look at Devero would see a tanned, reasonably large, being that appears to be entirely human. If one focused enough they would see his decent curly hair covering his soft, yet strangely unhuman-like blue eyes, along with the faintest aura of gold mainly visible around his arms.

His six swords hang loosely on his belt while his largest of blades remains carefully sheathed behind his back, along with his belongings that remain in his sack attached to the back of his waist.

He appears to be in a rough state from the his body being drenched head-to-toe in dried blood, but he doesn't appear to be in any pain whatsoever.

He smiles the moment he's able to get a seat by the bar with his companions then would glaze over the countless drinks available at the bar, wondering if the scent of his blood stained body was difficult for Naku to endure, or if she was different to vampires he'd previously come across.

He then looks to both Cherie and Naku, "have an idea of what you'd like to drink?"

13. - Top - End - #1453

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    Devero enters the tavern behind Naku somewhat confused by the thunderbolts and lightning above, but chooses not to address it.
    Those that look at Devero would see a tanned, reasonably large, being that appears to be entirely human. If one focused enough they would see his decent curly hair covering his soft, yet strangely unhuman-like blue eyes, along with the faintest aura of gold mainly visible around his arms.

His six swords hang loosely on his belt while his largest of blades remains carefully sheathed behind his back, along with his belongings that remain in his sack attached to the back of his waist.

He appears to be in a rough state from the his body being drenched head-to-toe in dried blood, but he doesn't appear to be in any pain whatsoever.

He smiles the moment he's able to get a seat by the bar with his companions then would glaze over the countless drinks available at the bar, wondering if the scent of his blood stained body was difficult for Naku to endure, or if she was different to vampires he'd previously come across.

He then looks to both Cherie and Naku, "have an idea of what you'd like to drink?"
    If the scent and sight of Devero's blood is having any particular effect on Naku, she is doing a remarkable job in not letting it show.

"Oh you know. Vampire things." She says with a bit of a grin. "Just literal gallons of blood."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku's second companion isn't here yet but alas.
    "Naku!" exclaims a fox with some inhuman noises, and a flying furball vaults over the bar to give the vampiress a big hug.
    Not the last person he expected. He visited her, after all. He was hoping she'd do the same. Is he wearing a ring now? I'm sure that's nothing.

15. - Top - End - #1455

Cherie follows Naku and Devero into the Inn. She finally removes her red hat, revealing her full head of shockingly green hair, tied back in a ponytail, along with her cat ears. They'd mark her as unique if she weren't in the Nexus.

She immediately sits next to Naku at the bar, "Your finest rosé, sir, as well as whatever the good lady may wish for." Then she actually looks, to see Mist in the midst (hah) of giving Naku a hug. "Ah, do forgive me. Have your moment first."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-09-05 at 10:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Naku's second companion isn't here yet but alas.
    "Naku!" exclaims a fox with some inhuman noises, and a flying furball vaults over the bar to give the vampiress a big hug.
    Not the last person he expected. He visited her, after all. He was hoping she'd do the same. Is he wearing a ring now? I'm sure that's nothing.
    "HiMisthowyoudo-" Fwmmp. Mist's hug is returned very happily.
    "Ohmahgawsh lemme look at you." Once she breaks the hug, she lays her hands on his shoulders, and slides her chair back a bit to look at him. "Are youuuuuu engaged?" Naku is still pretty much the exact same she was before she left. Still tall, milky-white skin, dark purple hair, red eyes, the usual. Though she does now have a second, new bauble on her necklace! It used to just be a fairly large ruby on a golden pendant, but now there's another bauble next to it. The new one is fairly small, made out of what appears to be some kind of rose-gold, and seems fairly simple in design, with the top half being a blooming rose, with the stem trailing down into the bottom half of an anchor.
    It's kind of an odd mix of objects, but it works out surprisingly well!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Pixie in the Playground

"Some rum should do for me," Devero requests in a slightly eager tone before his eyes shift to see Cherie's cat ears that make his eyes widen, and smile since he's very fond of cats.

Upon hearing the mist converse and hug Naku, his eyes would look over to him then his engagement ring, "congratulations," his body turns sideways so he can see the mist, and the bar while he waits for his drink, "who's the lucky Mrs to be?"

Devero's still drenched in blood, but doesn't seem phased by it, almost as though he's used to being covered in all kinds of filth.
    He unclips his sack of belongings, places it beside him then brings out a hairband before pulling all of brown hair (dirtied by blood) behind him, and tying it neatly behind him so he can finally see without having to look past his fringe.
    When he looks at everyone they'll clearly be able to notice his irregular reptilian-like blue eyes.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist gives the bloody man a sideways glare. "Don't drip blood on my floors." he says flatly before turning back to the vampire.
    "Uh, yeah, a little? You remember Leah, right? Small, quiet, black hair, sunglasses? I'm not sure if you two met after she got her tiger-legs." he ponders.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-09-08 at 11:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Mist gives the bloody man a sideways glare. "Don't drip blood on my floors." he says flatly before turning back to the vampire.
    "Uh, yeah, a little? You remember Leah, right? Small, quiet, black hair, sunglasses? I'm not sure if you two met after she got her tiger-legs." he ponders.
    "I believe I met her a few times, yeah! I don't remember the tiger-legs at all though.
    Well, congratulations! I'm really happy for you!"

"Some rum should do for me," Devero requests in a slightly eager tone before his eyes shift to see Cherie's cat ears that make his eyes widen, and smile since he's very fond of cats.

Upon hearing the mist converse and hug Naku, his eyes would look over to him then his engagement ring, "congratulations," his body turns sideways so he can see the mist, and the bar while he waits for his drink, "who's the lucky Mrs to be?"

Devero's still drenched in blood, but doesn't seem phased by it, almost as though he's used to being covered in all kinds of filth.
    He unclips his sack of belongings, places it beside him then brings out a hairband before pulling all of brown hair (dirtied by blood) behind him, and tying it neatly behind him so he can finally see without having to look past his fringe.
    When he looks at everyone they'll clearly be able to notice his irregular reptilian-like blue eyes.
    "Oh, I should also introduce you!" Naku says, still to Mist. "This is Devero. He's a dragon guy. With swords."

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Cherie follows Naku and Devero into the Inn. She finally removes her red hat, revealing her full head of shockingly green hair, tied back in a ponytail, along with her cat ears. They'd mark her as unique if she weren't in the Nexus.

She immediately sits next to Naku at the bar, "Your finest rosé, sir, as well as whatever the good lady may wish for." Then she actually looks, to see Mist in the midst (hah) of giving Naku a hug. "Ah, do forgive me. Have your moment first."
    "And this is Cherie. She has a hat! And kitty ears and a tail."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    [COLOR="#800080"]
    "Oh, I should also introduce you!" Naku says, still to Mist. "This is Devero. He's a dragon guy. With swords."
    "The blood has completely dried so I doubt any of it will be getting anywhere," his eyes focus on Mist for only a second before looking to Naku.
    His head tilts slightly to the side while giving a small shrug from not having any complaints on her reasonably decent description of him, "nice to meet you," he says slowly as his eyes look to Mist once more.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-09-11 at 05:24 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist digs under the counter and finds a picture of his tiger-taur girlfriend.
    "Yeah, tiger legs, see? And yeah, showers in the back if you really need it. " the fox says casually.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Mist digs under the counter and finds a picture of his tiger-taur girlfriend.
    "Yeah, tiger legs, see? And yeah, showers in the back if you really need it. " the fox says casually.
    "Oh, yeah I do see. That's really neat!
    Also yes. Please. With the shower. It would be,"
    Naku pauses to think of the correct term. "I think for the best."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1463

Cherie bowed as well as she could while sitting at a bar. "A pleasure to meet you, sir. I'd tip my hat, but... well." Her ears flattened against her head for a moment, almost in substitute to hat-tipping. "While the good lady cleanses herself, I should like to see your wine list. The day has been a tiring one, and I'd like to cap it off nicely."

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Pixie in the Playground

"A drink would be nice," Devero agrees whilst looking at the dry blood on his skin, "but it would be wise if I used the restroom first."

He stands up once more then looks to the mist for directions to the bathroom so he can get cleaned up.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-09-18 at 07:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist smiles and nods, and brings the group a rum and a large wine list for Cherie. It'll probably have whatever she can think of.

26. - Top - End - #1466

"A drink would be nice," Devero agrees whilst looking at the dry blood on his skin, "but it would be wise if I used the restroom first."

He stands up once more then looks to the mist for directions to the bathroom so he can get cleaned up.
    Naku waves at Devero as he goes. She's looking forward to talking to him when he gets back though!

Mist smiles and nods, and brings the group a rum and a large wine list for Cherie. It'll probably have whatever she can think of.
    "Actually, could I, uh, could I just get a glass of milk, please? Alcohol and I don't always get along." Naku admits with a bit of a sheepish grin. She shifts slightly, adjusting herself to sit a bit more comfortably on the bar stool, before slipping her gun off her shoulder, and laying it safely to the side.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1467

Cherie perused the wine list. She didn't recognize any of the wineries here, but she supposed that was to be expected - a different world, and all that. "The Loire Valley Cabernet Franc, please. And do leave the bottle." She looked over at Naku. "Ah, truly? That is a shame, I'd hope to share a glass or two with you, my good lady."

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Pixie in the Playground

Devero goes into the bathroom, and gets himself cleaned up with a washcloth of his that was folded away in his sack of belongings.
    Once he's done he takes a look in the mirror before pulling out a hair tie. He brings all of his hair to the back, and fastens it neatly, revealing the frog-like pattern in his ocean blue eyes.

He looks down to his torso, staring at his skin which contains its natural tan, but is also purple and swollen all along his chest, and rib cage.
    He quickly pulls out his shirt, and covers himself then goes back out to the rest of the group.

His body's slightly tense as he grits his teeth to endure the lack of comfort associated with his pain, "a-are the drinks ready?" He questions, hoping he's not too late, "any ale would do fine for me."
    His breathing is unusually short, and shallow so his lungs make minimum movement while his b

29. - Top - End - #1469

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Cherie perused the wine list. She didn't recognize any of the wineries here, but she supposed that was to be expected - a different world, and all that. "The Loire Valley Cabernet Franc, please. And do leave the bottle." She looked over at Naku. "Ah, truly? That is a shame, I'd hope to share a glass or two with you, my good lady."
    "Well, we definitely still can share a glass. Just that mine won't be alcoholic." Naku replies with a bit of a smile.

Devero goes into the bathroom, and gets himself cleaned up with a washcloth of his that was folded away in his sack of belongings.
    Once he's done he takes a look in the mirror before pulling out a hair tie. He brings all of his hair to the back, and fastens it neatly, revealing the frog-like pattern in his ocean blue eyes.

He looks down to his torso, staring at his skin which contains its natural tan, but is also purple and swollen all along his chest, and rib cage.
    He quickly pulls out his shirt, and covers himself then goes back out to the rest of the group.

His body's slightly tense as he grits his teeth to endure the lack of comfort associated with his pain, "a-are the drinks ready?" He questions, hoping he's not too late, "any ale would do fine for me."
    His breathing is unusually short, and shallow so his lungs make minimum movement while his b
    Naku looks at Devero as he comes back, and tilts her head slightly. Being a vampire, she is quite in tune with how the human (and various other humanoid non-humans with a similar body structure) body and circulatory system reacts to pain and wounds. So, should Devero have any of the normal tells of bruising or just being hurt (irregular heartbeat, bruising, or whatever else might be), Naku will furrow her brow at him slightly, and ask "Are you okay?"
    And if not, theeeen she doesn't.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

((sorry for the wait, was playing Starfinder all weekend))

Mist smiles and fetches everyone the drinks they asked for. Odd, he doesn't remember Naku drinking much of anything, let alone milk, but maybe he's just remembering wrong.
    "So, you folks just get back from an adventure or something?" he asks.