New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another, or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM the creator of this thread and they will post the location in the OP.

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post: It's important that there is a clear way to differentiate the locations in a meta-thread. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it: A residence cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in, burn it down, knock on the door, etc., but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. Players are permitted to make additional OoC rules, if they want, that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice: If there are any disagreements between players please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

Locations
    Spoiler
    Show
    75 Ocean Rd: horngeek
    Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts.

134 Ninja Drive: Mindfreak586
    A 1 story ranch style home owned by Dave Smith, professional Ninja.

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight
    Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky.

154 Oceanside Drive: Felandria
    An abnormally large two story suburban house sits in the center of a large parcel of land, although depending on the whims of the owner, Felandria, the house may be larger or smaller than usual when you visit, she welcomes company, just ring the doorbell, if you can reach it.
    Located in the Blue Zone in Inside.

4224 Wing House: Gimliggamer
    Home of George Kingsley.

Agony's Lair: Flaming Eagle, The Alexandrian
    Home of the supervillainess Agony (formerly known as Rochelle Hawkins), the Empress of Pain and Torment. Living with her is her AMEN handler, Nicole. An ominous-looking floating fortress big enough to be a small planet. The main lair itself is underground, in the centre. There, the throne room, the torture room, the ladies themselves and their thralls can be found.
    People can visit only if allowed by the Empress herself.
    Designed with this image as a base:

Al's Lab: ApeofLight, KerfuffleMach2
    Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts.

Alhana's Dwelling: Viera Champion
    In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom.

Basil's Cabin: Wolfbane, Happyturtle
    In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans.

Brendan's Upstairs: Recaiden, Bushranger
    The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish.

Clearing in the woods: KerfuffleMach2, celtois
    A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This was the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. As it stands now, the cabin is abandoned.

Eldena's Cottage: Viera Champion
    The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there.

Hallowmere Lake: Happyturtle, Wolfbane
    Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl

House of the Rising Sun: Kid Kris
    A Large house on a headland facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
    Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
    Further description.

Isle of Propinquity: Flaming Eagle
    A modern-style duplex house belonging to the bladepire Klaus Sharpe, which is surrounded by trees, vegetation, and a body of water that has a bridge across it. There's also a greenhouse and a kennel of bladehounds.
    Near the main house itself, there's a monolithic building covered in glowing circuitry where Hotaru lives.

[FONT=Verdana]Players should PM when visiting and/or if their last post was made more than 3 days ago.

Jake Stevenson's Home: Happyturtle
    In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a daybed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home.

Javert's House: The Mad Hatter
    It's a white house. Javert lives here alone and very rarely ever leaves.

Julie's Place: Slii Arhem
    An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate renown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord.

Junkyard workshop: KerfuffleMach2, FaceofEvil
    In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access.

Marty's: The Mad Hatter, Agate 86
    This fairly large manor lays where the original Aceford manor was. The manor was built out of the previous manor's remaining architecture and walls, due to this a few rooms inside are boarded up. The house is bright purple with gold outlines. The manor has two sections.
    Downstairs: this area took heavy damage during the original Aceford manor fires. Most of the walls are original. Marty had painted the burnt walls purple. The living room is here.
    Upstairs: Marty's room and study are located here. There is also a grand ballroom.
    Marty Aceford lives here along with his friend Griktak.

New Rock Household: blackouttwo, Artemis97
    A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - white picket fence, work shed out back, spacious basement (with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room (with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms... Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.
    Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd.: TechnoScrabble
    A big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned. Iits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such. It has a gravel driveway leading up to it and near the docks. It has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage and nd the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions.

Silvery Ship: Lost Deep
    It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet.

Tarmikos Studio: Baeleck
    This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to.

The Intermission: Beans
    The divine realm of Carrie! The Intermission mostly consists of a great decagonal sort of tower, more wide than tall, filled with innumerable rooms for the deceased souls staying there until they move on to their afterlives. Also contained are the quartering complex for her "angels" the Sable Guides.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Home 20: Refurbished
    Home 19: Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor
    Home 18: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
    Home 17: Where you know all your friends and all your enemies
    Home 16: Home is Where the Phylactery is
    Home 15: A Fixer-Upper
    Home 14: Oddly Squishy
    Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here
    Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged
    Home 11
    Home 10
    Home 9
    Home 8
    Home 7
    Home 6: Jiggity Jig
    Home 5: Somewhere to take your family
    Home 4: Plenty of Space
    Home 3: Third Time's the Charm
    Home 2: Home is where the cabinet is
    Home 1

This thread is managed by Gulaghar. He will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact him for updates to the OP.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-06-23 at 11:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ

The Closet

"I guess we could start then." Mia says.
    "He mentioned that there is one in inside, riverside and skyside. Best we go inside then."
    I would guess Vigil member know where it is. Safehouse without anyone knowing where to go isn't a good idea^^.

)(Sorry for the delay, had to rush off)(

Marcus leads Mia to the door, holding it open for her while speaking. Inside would seem to be the closest. I heard that the Riverside campus was ransacked.
    As if we hadn't taken enough beatings...
    the soldier grits his teeth. They would pay.

That would have to wait, however, as M-Squared (Mia+Marcus) needed to gear up first.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Castle Eramay

Des rubs his face and just as he is going to respond, the three parties walk in for their audience. The older man, presumably the father is leading his daughter by the hand. His hair has long since been gone, brown eyes glazed over with exhaustion. The girl herself is lead forward, eyes covered by a length of white rag, partially hidden by snow white hair like Des'. The vampire strode ahead of the pair, his skin slightly colored by a recent feeding. He looks back over his shoulder at the two, with utter disdain before reaching the appropriate place and the three take a short bow.

There is a moment of uncomfortable silence as the three wait on the vampire lord to speak.

Young lady, step forward, please and remove the bandage over your eyes.

She was just initiated into the order of Eirin. Her father interrupted, Would you have her break her vows?

I stand by the belief that what her order doesn't know, won't hurt it. Now be silent! Des snaps at the man, ignoring the vampire for the moment.

Alex finds a seat in the courtroom and remains silent, curious as to how the proceedings are going to go.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Temporary VIGIL HQ

Blanche keeps an eye out for people to ask to work with, on the lookout for members to join her in a squad
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post

Alex finds a seat in the courtroom and remains silent, curious as to how the proceedings are going to go.
    Des peels away the young woman's bandage and takes all of half a second before looking over at her father, thoroughly irritated.

Have you ever seen a vampire, sir?

Of course.

Then explain why your child has blue eyes.

But I caught her drinking blood! The father argues.

Some humans do that for no reason. I confess I have no idea why. However IF she was given the thirst, it would mean that she still wants her sire's blood.

The little color in the accused vampire's face drains.

Alex, be a dear and open up a vein on our friend here? This should be the real acid test.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Alex nods and pulls her knife from it's position on her belt as she walks towards the vampire, saying, "Please stay still," as she attempts to cut open his wrist for the girl to see and react to in whatever way she might.

7. - Top - End - #7

Castle Eramay

The vampire remains dangerously still as Alex cuts open his wrist.

The room is dead silent for a very long dangerous moment until the young woman catches the scent. She dead sprinted towards the vampire. screaming inhumanly. Des catches her by back of the collar and holds her still.

Well that settles that, I suppose.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Nightraven

"While you're here, you might as well tell me what your contribution to your cause is going to be," the swordsman suggests.

The Nightraven nods.
    "The second-most common service my lady desires of me is my ability for assassination and sabotage. I have often had to act subtly in order to slip into places unnoticed and eliminate high profile targets. I may also suggest that I am an excellent fighter and duelist. I have rarely met someone who was my match in single combat." She says a little pridefully, placing a hand lightly on the hilt of her rapier.
    "If I see any other needs the organization has that I am capable of assisting in, I will not hesitate to give aid."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2015-07-14 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Alex nods grimly as she says, "I see...What do we do with this now, I wonder..."

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post

)(Sorry for the delay, had to rush off)(

Marcus leads Mia to the door, holding it open for her while speaking. Inside would seem to be the closest. I heard that the Riverside campus was ransacked.
    As if we hadn't taken enough beatings...
    the soldier grits his teeth. They would pay.

That would have to wait, however, as M-Squared (Mia+Marcus) needed to gear up first.

((Don't worry it was very late where I live so i went to sleep soon after my post))

Mia follows Marcus.

"The time for us to rise again will come soon." Mia replies "First of we should lend Wenomir our hand, since he is the only one left of Vigil leadership."

((I guess we need someone to fill the location and maybe with problems which isn't nessesary))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cleo shakes her head minutely.
    VIGIL doesn't build headquarters.

"Demons, right. These are a pretty weird group, the name doesn't really seem to fit them. They come in lots of varieties, tied together by their exposure to a substance - ichor, corruption, pure evil, I don't know - that gives them their powers and makes them them. It reacts to silver-based ritual purifying techniques, I don't know if that's biological or mythical, but I'd guess the latter. Pretty much anything alive seems to be subject to being corrupted, and many things that aren't. One of your members reported that there's a mental link between them. There's a central controller for them all, but the more complicated ones are people."

The Pink Wizard shrugs helplessly.
    "I have no idea what they want. They don't want to do moral evil, they aren't purely destructive. Your old base, yes, but why? Things like this don't just exist. They have a reason."
    "I'd advise you avoid forests and life. Be somewhere open and empty."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

The Stormguard

Wenomir waves his hand.

"We have neither the time nor the resources to build a new base, much less multiple ones," he says. "Not to mention manpower to keep them active and running. We'll need to make do with one."

He paces up and down the corridor.

"Their motives are strange. I think they're religious or ideological. They view moral life as impure and they want to cleanse it. They attacked our base because an opportunity to take out a major threat had opened. It's clear they didn't want to destroy the base, but take it for themselves. At least I managed to deny them that much."

Nightraven

Wenomir looks down at the rapier on the woman's belt. He's never thought much of rapiers. Appropriate for self-defence and duels, he supposes, but less so for a battlefield.

"I'm not sure how effective infiltration is against those demons... but there are no doubts about a skilled sword-arm. If you can get your hands on silver weapons, do so. They're particularly vulnerable to it. Of course, the demons aren't the only threat we face. I can imagine some scavengers crawling out of the woodwork to take advantage of our weakness."

Blanche

"You can talk to others about forming teams," Wenomir says. "I have enough work as it is, so I need to trust the members with this."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-07-15 at 02:29 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

((Don't worry it was very late where I live so i went to sleep soon after my post))

Mia follows Marcus.

"The time for us to rise again will come soon." Mia replies "First of we should lend Wenomir our hand, since he is the only one left of Vigil leadership."

((I guess we need someone to fill the location and maybe with problems which isn't nessesary))
    Fel's Home - Vigil HQ

Wenomir carries the heaviest burden of us all...
    Marcus heads to the front door. It was time for their next adventure.

)(I'd rather not run the Safehouse, so I'm open to volunteers)(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Blanche

"You can talk to others about forming teams," Wenomir says. "I have enough work as it is, so I need to trust the members with this."
    Blanche looks slightly surprised for a moment, but that dissipates.
    Understood, sir.
    She responds, before moving to exit.

Nightraven

After her discussion with Wenomir, she will probably be approached by Blanche
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2015-07-15 at 04:00 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Castle Eramay

Alex nods grimly as she says, "I see...What do we do with this now, I wonder..."
    Des frowns as the girl regains control of herself.

The real question now is, young lady, did you know what he was doing to you?

The now former priestess shakes her head.

No, m'lord.

Des walks over to the vampire, clearly irritated by the entire situation.

LeMure, you have quite literally no defense at this point. No others like ourselves exist in the village besides you. So, I'll just skip to asking why.

LeMure shrugs, They're animals, m'lord. They're meant to be fed on.

And suddenly, this isn't so shocking. You cannot feed wantonly, there is no room for mistakes. And for that reason...

Des sets his hand on the vampire's chest, directly over his heart.

There is a second of silence before there is a series of loud pops and rips as every vein and artery in LeMure ruptures at the same time, causing the vampire to explode in a morbidly fantastic display.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Alex's eyes widen and her jaw gapes slightly as she watches the spectacle of LeMure exploding, left speechless by the gory explosion.

17. - Top - End - #17

Castle Eramay

Most of the blood moved, seemingly on it's own until it sunk into the bottoms of Des' boots, disappearing with a quiet hissing sound.

And now that the punishment is out of the way, we move on to what to do with young lady. What is your name, miss?

Glynda, M'lord. What do you mean, what to do with me?

You can't stay halfway between two roads for too long. Hmm... You could use the remaining blood to fully transform or let the thirst gnaw at you. Perhaps it will die, I don't know, personally. Alex, might you talk with her?

18. - Top - End - #18

[<Willa's Family Name> Ranch]

Here we have a black-coated white-gold haired vest-wearing (with a white shirt under it this time) centaur, also featuring the addition of a backpack and a rifle slung over his shoulder (the roads are dangerous).

After school hours, long enough that people should be gone well home, he's coming up the road pretty carefully, still not sure he's in the right place.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Long before he gets there, Zack should notice the distinct scent of cattle. Even while out to pasture far in the back of the estate, that's just something one notices with a whole herd lying around. The estate is a large, two-floored property, very large but not exactly reeking of money. Mostly, it just seems solid, well-built, and big. The paths around the place are dirt roads, mostly because cobbles would be a pain on the hooves even if they'd look nicer.

And doubts of Zack's should be easily dispelled at a sight by the front door, namely a well-shaped and familiar rear. Willa stands amid a small "garden" in the front of the mansion, which more specifically is a large set of grass patches of various species arranged into tasteful patterns. Though really, the aesthetics are secondary; their primary purpose is to provide meals besides boring old native grass. Which could probably be eliminated from a centaur's diet, but instincts are instincts. Willa, alternating between using some shears and just bending down (no one's looking, right?) does not notice his approach unless he starts really tromping about with those hooves.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #20

[Gallope Ranch]

Well, this is certainly the right place. The smell is not so great, but that's just part of keeping animals.

"Hello Willa. Dinnertime already?" That's weird. Do plains centaurs normally eat grass? They occasionally eat some small flowering plants, but that's certainly different.
    He doesn't really tromp about, approaching the garden relatively quietly, probably quite close before saying that.
    He's grinning, happy to have found the right place.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Well, ones that can afford it often only do so occasionally, and just spend more to get more regular food to feed their half-ton selves. Arty does, but that's a bit of a cultural thing, plus he's poor. Willa happens to enjoy the taste, due to a strange little blessing that lets her digest any organic material, and did cause a few alterations to her appetite. Mostly, the problem has been more or less solved by her becoming a species that culturally does eat rough things like roots and grasses on a regular basis.

Horses really aren't the kind of animal that can jump much at a standstill, but you might not know that based on Willa's reaction. The shears thunk into the ground near one of her hooves, spinning to face him and frantically swallowing the food in her mouth and smoothing the baggy white T-shirt she'd been wearing. She hadn't expected company!
    "Sazack! You din't call-I mean, I din't expect you- I er, mean, welcome. You found m' place. This is my uncle's ranch, been in the family for generations. Apparently. I wasn't told about it until I got handed the deed, but that's how it works."
    she says, blushing heavily.

22. - Top - End - #22

[Gallope Ranch]

"Not a family that talks to each other much, then?"
    Sazack reaches down to pick up the shears and offers them to her.
    "Sorry to surprise you."

Though one has less fashion to worry about when they don't have human legs. Can never be caught wearing sweatpants.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Willa takes the shears.
    "Well, my mom and her sister talk a lot. But I always thought Dad was an only child. I never met his dad, though. If I did it might solve a mystery or two. Anyway! Do you want me to show you around? Inside or outside? Do something else? To be honest a lot of the profits go towards maintaining the place, so it could use some showing off a little." she says.

24. - Top - End - #24

[Gallope Ranch]

"Sure, show me the place. Maybe stop inside for a moment..."
    He turns, opens his backpack, and removes from some padding a vase full of flowers. They're not for eating immediately.

"But I'd love to see it."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Willa takes the vase with some degree of continued blushing.
    "Aw, you shouldn't have. What kind are these?" she asks, showing him to the front door and pulling it open (unless he wants to be a gentleman and get it for her). Inside is a foyer well-decorated with rancher memorabilia the family has collected. A set of horns, an antique rifle, and one portrait of Willa's uncle Colt, who's pretty much the most stereotypical looking 40-is-year-old mustachio'd cowboy you could imagine, except for the brown-horse-lower-body thing.
    Immediately there is a small, black-scaled reptile in a suit before them, looking rather surprised.
    "Oh, so sorry. Kobu, this is Sazack. Please tell the kitchen that we had an unexpected guest for dinner tonight."
    The little butler nods and scurries off while Willa turns back to Kazack.
    "Please, leave anything you don't want to carry here, and it'll be kept safe. That double-layer looks hot for summer heat." she says, indicating his shirt and vest.

26. - Top - End - #26

[Gallope Ranch]

Zack goes ahead and gets the door in a courteous fashion. "Peaceflowers and other wild things from around home. Paintbrushes and lillies. Except that one in the center, the rose."
    He nods to the portrait. "He looks cool. He was the rancher before you?"

He takes a step back in surprise when the butler appears.
    "Oh! Hello, uh, Kobu sir."

He swings off his backpack and bags, putting them wherever seems reasonable, and after giving Willa a suspicious glance, also hangs up his vest. Gosh, Zack, do you have to be so obvious about showing off?
    "After you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Well, it's only fair, Zack. You're getting a great view of Willa in a similar state of clothing. Only fair she gets even.
    "Yeah. Colt Gallope. Don't ask about why his dad thought Colt was a good name. I have no idea. I never met the guy, but apparently he knew me well enough to put me in his will.
    And don't worry about Kobu. He worked for Uncle Colt for years. Don't know where he came from before that, but he's real nice. To be honest the place doesn't exactly have parties every night or nothin' so we don't really have all that many servants. Just him and a handful of others to cook and clean, plus the folks to manage the herd, the property's plants, and summa the tools. Not that many folks for the miles we got. Nice thing is all the rooms down here are made for folks like us. I've almost gotten my rump caught in a door or two in the city, and it's really got me appreciatin' livin' somewhere not sized for humans. Upstairs is more for the servants, 'specially since us and stairs don't really agree. I don't really go up there.

Out here in the front is the grass garden. Just some stuff the gardener has picked up over the years. They're...okay, they're really just for me, 'cause they taste really nice."
    she admits as they walk outside.

28. - Top - End - #28

[Gallope Ranch]

The difference is, he didn't suggest she should wear next to nothing.
    "Must have been a descriptive name at the time. Right to tha point. I guess he didn't have a lot of relatives to think of."

Sazack counts off the employees there must be. Butler, maid, cook, gardener, tool-person, some number of ranchers..."Just how big is this place? I can definitely get that - last place I stayed was sized for humans, and not tall ones."
    He has to glance up at the mention of stairs.

"Quite picturesque. Forgive me not asking about the taste - grasses were never my favorite meal. You sound like there's another garden around here?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

"I really can't remember how many acres off the top of my head. We've got a license for us to drive the cattle around into some of the land outside of ours as long as they don't go too deep and we don't let 'em overfeed and strip the plant life. Works for me, the farther away they are the less I have to smell 'em.

And yeah, there's a garden out back, and a big one around the pond."
    she explains, pointing behind her and the mansion.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

A Nightraven is typically never a figure to be found on a battlefield... and even if they are, it'll be to slip a knife into the armpit or visor of a general's armor, or to cut down an important messenger during troop movements, not in to fight in the heat of pitched battle.
    "I will keep an eye out for such, and see if they can be dissuaded from emerging from their holes. I will also acquire some silver weapons."
    This Nightraven waits to see if Wenomir has any more questions for her.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2015-07-17 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.