New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

[Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Wenomir nods.

"That's good. Carry on, then, and familiarize yourself with our other members."

The warrior then departs, leaving Nightraven alone, or with Blanche who apparently wants to talk to her.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Castle Eramay

Most of the blood moved, seemingly on it's own until it sunk into the bottoms of Des' boots, disappearing with a quiet hissing sound.

And now that the punishment is out of the way, we move on to what to do with young lady. What is your name, miss?

Glynda, M'lord. What do you mean, what to do with me?

You can't stay halfway between two roads for too long. Hmm... You could use the remaining blood to fully transform or let the thirst gnaw at you. Perhaps it will die, I don't know, personally. Alex, might you talk with her?

Alex nods and leads Glynda off to the side, saying to her, "So...I guess the question is, would you rather be a vampire or deal with this thirst for the rest of your life. It's your choice."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

After having been on a long journey Cessie has finally returned home and now she has to deal with the trouble in VIGIL. She got directions here by Wenomir after talking with him on the communicator. The fact that the base was gone was fairly concerning especially considering she didn't live that far away from it.

She had no idea what to think of the building serving as a temporary HQ but it wasn't like she could complain considering how desperate VIGIL were. She had truly failed the organization in ways she didn't even want to consider right now. Best to just do the best she could right now and try not to think too hard about her own blame in this.

Jezebel should be right behind her as she walks up and knocks on the enormous door. Hopefully Wenomir would be there to greet them.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gallope Ranch
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "I really can't remember how many acres off the top of my head. We've got a license for us to drive the cattle around into some of the land outside of ours as long as they don't go too deep and we don't let 'em overfeed and strip the plant life. Works for me, the farther away they are the less I have to smell 'em.

And yeah, there's a garden out back, and a big one around the pond."
    she explains, pointing behind her and the mansion.
    "You have something marking the outside? Might be nice to walk along there - if you can handle the smell of it." Zack suggests, teasing.

"Ooh, a pond - What sort?" His eyebrows shoot up, excited.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Fel's House

Jezebel raises an eyebrow at the house but doesn't comment, choosing to avoid passing harsh judgment on another goddess' home. She's apparently toned down her appearance, looking almost human like when she ran the hotel, and wears a simple deep blue dress under her white cloak. She carries with her a small bundle of ledgers under her right arm too. The Ex-daemon stands a few feet behind Cessie, just in case something happens and she's forced to leave.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

"Oh, it's a little fishpond on the south side of the property. The gardener lives there; she's aquatic. Been protectin' the property for decades apparently. She's a sweet old thing." she says, taking a step or two towards the side of the manor.
    "wanna see it?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir does step out to meet them. He was not happy at all when he heard Jezebel would be coming, but he's too tired to argue right now. He's unarmoured and unarmed as he greets them, wearing a loose sleeveless grey shirt and matching trousers. He does look like a very tired man indeed. You'd almost think he's ten years older than in reality. The pent-up angry energy usually driving him has been spent in a large part.

"Cessie. Jezebel. Good to see you. Running this circus by myself hasn't been easy on me."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-07-17 at 02:09 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #38

Cessie assumes that 'good to see you' didn't include Jezebel. But she's glad to see that Wenomir wasn't blaming her absence for what happened. "Again Wenomir, I'm sorry for all this. Even before I took this trip I feel like I have been absent from the organization." The sorceress says, she sounded rather apologetic on the phone too. "But I assume you don't want my excuses so want can I do to help you right now? Jezebel said that she might be able to help us rebuild." She gestures towards the other woman.

9. - Top - End - #39

[Gallope Ranch]

"Do I?"
    Zack springs up next to Willa with a nod.
    "Anything you wanna show, yeah. But someone who lives in the pond, how neat!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

[Dorota & Crissy's Apartment]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "You know me, dearest," Dorota says, as she closes the book and sets it aside, then rests her head on Crissy's shoulder. "Spontaneity isn't my strong suit. If I encounter a problem I don't know how to solve, my first instinct is to read about it."
    Crissy slides her arm around Dorota's shoulders and squeezes gently, smiling as her cheeks flush a bit. "That's 'cause you're a totally smart person," she agrees, before sighing softly. "Maybe we should, I dunno, try to find some more, more recent books or something?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose we should. I think... one way or the other we'll invite all our friends to the ceremony. But we need to decide who will officiate it and where. Do you have any ideas?" Dorota asks.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"Well...I know that, like, here in town and all, the Temple of Inari is kind of traditional?" Crissy suggests. "I, um, really haven't thought too much about...formalities and everything," she admits, biting her lip and blushing in embarassment.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

"Temple of Inari? I think it rings a bell. What sort of place is this?" Dorota asks, leaning into Crissy. "If it's traditional around here, we can consider it."

14. - Top - End - #44

Castle Eramay

Des seems to be occupying the father who was quite awestruck by the way the vampire had been killed.

Glynda looks quite conflicted on the issue, she had essentially had her ability to choose taken from her. Either thirst would maybe drive her insane as she had heard of it doing or she looses the order she had just joined, the ability to go out into the sun and a myriad of other things she had valued.

I don't know... What is it like? Why did you turn?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Alex nods and says, "Honestly? Half the time, it's the best feeling imaginable. At night, it's incredible, you're almost unstoppable...But you'll never be able to go out into the daylight again. And I doubt that religious order of whoever will accept you if you're undead."

She then sighs and says, "I let Des turn me because I love him. And when I offered to let him, he did. That's...About it, really. Not really relevant to your situation."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

At whatever point there is nobody else waiting, The Portal pops up outside Felandria's house. Though he was present at the dinner that led to the establishment of this place as temporary headquarters of VIGIL, he had somehow managed to get lost, and only now figured out where he needed to be if he wanted to join. Standing nervously at the oversized entrance, he gives the door a good knock, hoping Wenomir or one of his associates would hear it.
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2015-07-17 at 07:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ

"If there is a place we can all sit down, I can cut to the heart of the matter."
    Jezebel tells Wenomir, holding up the ledgers meaningfully. "Essentially I need to know how much you have left and what you need."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Cessie & Jezebel

"How mighty generous," Wenomir says drily. "Alright. Let's go in and sit down so we can discuss it." Wenomir turns around and leads them inside, towards the area occupied by the displaced Vigil members. "To tell you the truth, Cessie, right now I really need a co-leader. Someone to share shepherding everyone with. Maybe I'd finally get a good night's sleep. Believe it or not, we've had four new members immediately after the evacuation of the base. Which, as you might know, is gone for good. I thought I'd just destroy the spire, but I took out the whole damn thing."

The Portal

Probably not long before Cessie and Jezebel showed up, Wenomir does answer the door. He looks surprised.

"Didn't I see you on the meeting in Trog's last time?"

19. - Top - End - #49

Cessie & Jezebel

Cessie comes along, hopefully Jezebel and Wenomir wouldn't end up in some quarrel, both of them had experienced something pretty traumatic recently and they hadn't exactly been friends before.

"So you want me to help handling the members then? Since I could handle that. Will take a a while to get familiarized again though. It was a while since I handled VIGIL members but if you just hand me their files I will see what I can do." The sorceress says as she follows along. "I should mention that I actually have performed experiments on the substance coming from these 'demons' if you're interested."

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Castle Eramay

Alex nods and says, "Honestly? Half the time, it's the best feeling imaginable. At night, it's incredible, you're almost unstoppable...But you'll never be able to go out into the daylight again. And I doubt that religious order of whoever will accept you if you're undead."

She then sighs and says, "I let Des turn me because I love him. And when I offered to let him, he did. That's...About it, really. Not really relevant to your situation."
    Glynda seems to be resigned. She shakes her head.

What do you think? I'm barely keeping myself from running over there and taking that blood that Lord Desulus left behind. It's maddening.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Felandria's House - Outside - Temp Vigil HQ

Jezebel and Cessie

Jezebel doesn't even frown when she hears the sarcasm though she does give a sigh. "I don't need to be here, Wenomir." She says plainly, deciding to cut through the niceties. Such would never work with him anyway. "I can be on my way if you want, but let me ask you a few questions before you so easily shrug me off. How much does each Vigil member get paid? Do you have compensation for loss of property? Do you have medical expenses set aside? Do you have compensation for those who wish to live elsewhere for now?" She asks, looking Wenomir directly in the eyes if possible. "And finally, do you even have enough money to cover all of that and getting a new base? If you can answer yes to all of that, I'll go."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like that's going to be useful," Wenomir says, before meeting Jezebel's gaze steadily. He looks tired and a lot of the fight has been beaten out of him, although he tries not to show it. But his deep loathing for the woman in front of him does galvanize him a little. "I am not going to lie. With our base reduced to rubble and looted by the demons, our resources are non-existent. What I want to know is why you offer help. Answer me, honestly. Then we can talk business."
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-07-18 at 06:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Gallope Ranch]

"Do I?"
    Zack springs up next to Willa with a nod.
    "Anything you wanna show, yeah. But someone who lives in the pond, how neat!"
    Gallope Ranch

Willa nods, and after a brisk trot down the side of the property the pair should come to a wide pond, very clean but just murky enough to hide the bottom, and flowers all around it. Blues, greens, and yellows. Most not of the readily edible kind.
    "You can toss something in if you want to see if she's home. You can never really tell with the water." she says with a shrug.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

The Portal
    "Yes you did sir" Portal replies, trying his best to sound formal "I meant to follow you straight away but I had some other business to attend too." He seems fairly impressed Wenomir remembers his face, considering all the crazy that was going on at the time. Portal pauses for a moment, mulling over what to say next. Truth is The Portal is a paranoid man, and his gut instinct is to start lying incessantly, in case Wenomir decides to stab him in the back later. But he realized a while ago he doesn't know much about The Nexus, and had no idea when or if he would be able to get home. If he's going to do some good here like he tried to do on Earth, he would need the help of an organization like VIGIL, and to get that he would need to earn Wenomir's trust. "I was wondering if you were still recruiting for your organization" he says, "the the truth is I arrived in The Nexus rather recently, and am not entirely sure what to make of it. I figured fighting for a cause might help me get to grips with my situation. I've got a strict no-killing rule, but other than that if there is anything you'd like me to do I will attempt it to the best of my ability."
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2015-07-18 at 06:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

[Gallope Ranch]

"It looks pretty, if nothing else."

Zack goes up and splashes the water three times with a hoof.
    Knock-knock-knock!
    "How is she like, then?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

"Well I think she's a spirit of some kind. Maybe-"
    A large head pops up from the service, followed by some shoulders. It seems to look like some kind of thin, tropical frog (even though those don't live in temperate ponds) but the size of a child.
    "Willa! You found yourself a boy! How are you, son? You're not stepping on my hastas, are you?" She says.
    Zack might be stepping on some of the flowers. Was he being careful.

27. - Top - End - #57

[Gallope Ranch]

Like this, apparently.
    "Hello."
    He was being kind of careful, but it seems he still managed to tread on one single flower, which he hastily removes himself from.
    "Not by meaning to, miss."

He heard lived in a pond, but he wasn't expecting an actual pond-animal.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Was he expecting a centaur just sitting in a pond? Or a witch? Or a magic koi? Because koi can't hold gardening tools.
    "That's all right, sug. Just be more careful next time. Those clunky hooves of yours and Willas break delicate little things like plants. What's your name, son? You been with Willa long?"
    "We met yesterday, Togo, we're not a couple!" Willa says hastily, blushing. "Aw, close enough, calm down." she says, waving a hand dismissively.

Also, she shares the midwestern accent with Willa and Kobu. It likely sounds even sillier on her and he than it did on Willa.

29. - Top - End - #59

[Gallope Ranch]

Magic koi can hold gardening tools.

Zack looks properly chastised over breaking the plant, though he's a little annoyed at the insult to their hooves.
    "I'm Sazack. You can call me 'Zack'." Everyone will regardless, so he may as well go along with it.
    "So no, not long at all." He looks over to Willa with a smirk.

And it's true. The frog should have a more southern accent for sure.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

There's some variation, since Libra is bad at accents. She sounds more Mid-western, while Willa definitely sounds Texan, and Kobu would be somewhere in between...really, they're not all completely different, just close enough to fool Libra. The issue is that none of them had their vocabulary changed, so the pronunciations are proper but few use the mannerisms expected of the culture.

"Well, just visiting Zack, or did you have a question for me?" she asks genially of the young stallion.