New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

[Felandria's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Wenomir briefly ponders the life choices that brought him to the point where dealing with Jezebel might not be the worst option he has. Then he realizes that his influence of anything that has happened in the past few years has been negligible.

"Accepting money from governments is not really an option," he says in reluctant agreement. "We could take money from each of them, instead of just one, so we can't be said to answer to only one. But that'd make us a bargaining chip between them. However, even though I might believe that you have no ulterior motive, others might not think so. But then, maybe it's time we stopped giving a damn about what the public thinks."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Des nods approvingly to Alex before going back to deal with the father.

Glynda follows Alex down the hallway.

"So what is Lord Desulus like? He seems kind to you but he just blew apart that vampire without batting an eye."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Gallope Ranch]

"How's the water here? Thanks." It's really awkward, having Kobu here being all helpful and butlery.
    Sazack isn't sure if he's being shown around or if he's meant to take a seat on the couches - which look very comfy, relatively, and follows Willa's lead.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-07-20 at 12:19 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Willa smiles and sits down on the couch, which is just big enough for two, though he'll have to suffer the woeful fate of placing his face near Willa's. Unless he wants to sit facing the other way, which may or may not be rude.
    Kobe quickly returns with two very large glasses of water. Any bigger and they would be pitchers, but that's probably sensible for feeding people their size.
    "it's well purified, trust me. We can sit for a minute before I show you the rest, not that I think you're actually tired after that." she says, taking a few large gulps.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #95

[Felandria's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Cessie & Jezebel

"Perhaps you should find more than one donor in that case Wenomir. There has to be more trustworthy businesses than just Jezebel that would be willing to support us. I'm fairly sure I could find some if I started looking." Cessie suggests.

[Outside Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Instead of spotting Wenomir, the angel spots a raven-haired woman walking towards him. "I am Cessie Mithar, co-leader of VIGIL. If you like to join, I'd love to help you out." She says with a faint smile.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

The Flaming Knight bows at Cessie.

"Greetings, fair lady. Yea, I would like to join this order. What must I do? Name it, and I shall obey, within reason."

7. - Top - End - #97

The Flaming Knight

"Very well, let's sit down and I will ask you a few questions." She gestures towards a stone bench outside the house where they may sit down. If he comes along she will gently sit down with her hands folded in her lap. "So first of all why do you want to join VIGIL?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

The Flaming Knight

ARKANGEL takes a seat on the stone bench, next to Cassie, his hands resting on his knees.

"I fight f'r good and justice, fair lady. I wish to smite evil, and defend the weak and downtrodden. I also wish to defend the order known as GLoG from the shadows. Does thou have any quarrel with that?"

9. - Top - End - #99

The Flaming Knight

"VIGIL as an organization don't have anything against that. In fact, it supports that outlook." She replies diplomatically. She couldn't guarantee that they wouldn't end up in a conflict with GloG however considering it's past with certain characters that GloG had attempted to redeem. "But it comes to me that you never told me your name or which god you serve, if you indeed are that type of angel." She had seen pictures of them and this person matched the description perfectly.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

The Flaming Knight

The flaming knight clears his 'throat'. "Aye, thou art not wrong. Hark, then. I am Thaddeus, the Archangel of The Order of The Flaming Eagle. We serve the ever-burning and never-quenching fire. I am no angel, I am simply a servant of the order."

He proclaims what he stands for proudly.

11. - Top - End - #101

The Flaming Knight

Cessie nods and starts to write down his answers on a piece of paper. "I see. I'll ask more about that later but first how long have you been in the nexus Thaddeus? Do you have any ties to existing organizations or associations here?"

12. - Top - End - #102

[Gallope Ranch]

Well, having to sit so close to a person you've fallen in love with could easily be a cause of stress. But we've already seen Sazack to be the excitable, touchy sort. He sits facing Willa with no complaint. A bit of a smile, even.
    "Thank you, Kobe, sir."
    Water! He may not be tired, but how refreshing!
    "It'd be a shame to have all this nice furniture and not enjoy it, though."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Kobu bows and leaves the two alone.
    "It's Kobu." she whispers to him quietly. "But don't worry about that. I'm glad you came." she says, before hugging him tightly.
    Lee made it sound like centaurs care more about the lower half than the upper one if they had to choose, but either way he'll find himself squeezed against her ample chest unless he doesn't want the hug for some reason.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

The Flaming Knight

"Arkangel." The Flaming knight corrects.

"Nay, I just came upon this realm."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Castle Eramay

Des nods approvingly to Alex before going back to deal with the father.

Glynda follows Alex down the hallway.

"So what is Lord Desulus like? He seems kind to you but he just blew apart that vampire without batting an eye."
    Alex nods and replies, "He's fine, as long as he's not pissed off. Very nice once you get to know him."

16. - Top - End - #106

[Gallope Ranch]

"Isn't that what I said?"
    Anything else Zack was going to say is cut off by the hug. That was unexpected! But not unwelcome, as he returns the embrace, heart suddenly racing. What does Lee know? Zack certainly wouldn't admit to any dislike of Willa's human half.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post

The Flaming Knight

"Arkangel." The Flaming knight corrects.

"Nay, I just came upon this realm."
    The Flaming Knight

"Very well. What is your reputation in your homeworld? Do you have any enemies? Are you wanted by any governments or organizations? Have you broken any laws?" The sorceress continues. Lots of questions.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

The Flaming Knight

"I am a sworn defender of our King, known as The Great Fire. I have no enemies, save for the forces of evil, and those who wouldst see the Great Fire purged from his throne. I try my best to abide by laws, unless those laws block the doing of good deeds."

The Flaming Knight thinks for a moment. "Wanted? I know not what you mean by that."

19. - Top - End - #109

The Flaming Knight

"As in they want you dead or imprisoned for whatever reason." Cessie explains. "These questions are mostly to see if your past might influence this organizations current standing. Harboring criminals or other deviants might have a negative impact on us as a whole. But due the nature of the many planes such things aren't always perfectly clear. In either case how do you think you could aid VIGIL? I won't lie to you, we're in a pretty bad spot right now."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

The Stormguard

Wenomir waves his hand.

"We have neither the time nor the resources to build a new base, much less multiple ones," he says. "Not to mention manpower to keep them active and running. We'll need to make do with one."

He paces up and down the corridor.

"Their motives are strange. I think they're religious or ideological. They view moral life as impure and they want to cleanse it. They attacked our base because an opportunity to take out a major threat had opened. It's clear they didn't want to destroy the base, but take it for themselves. At least I managed to deny them that much."
    [Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

The Stormguard

Suscipio digests the words, bit by bit. He runs through the possibilities in his head, while appearing to look right through Wenomir pacing back and forth, past the wall and more.

"So I see." He says at last. "That is most disturbing. Working as a hive is a problem. However, when each thinking creature holds an idea, a goal that envelopes their current actions, that is much more dangerous. Master Wenomir, I fear it will be all too quick that they might move on from targeting your group if what you say is true. This would mean they are on a mission, and with your group destabilized, they will more than likely assume your threat to be much lower and continue that mission."

The mage of time rises abruptly, black and gold eyes darting around the floor. He accidentally bumped into the makeshift table, but its contents did not spill, opting to remain suspended in falling. The wheels that were turning spin unchecked. The chronomancer not so subtly grabs at his pocketwatch and his eyes begin to glow. A golden hue radiates near him.

"I...I-must," The Bronze Wizard stutters, unsual for him. Obviously flustered, Cleosepha hasn't seen him like this before. "We need...by the powers, there are so many..."

The effects quickly cease, but Eternus remains in his heightened state of alarm.

"Cleo, Jern, I must prepare. You will all know soon enough. There is no longer the luxury of waiting. I advise a rapid organization and gathering of forces. I will return...by the powers I do hope I return."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The Portal

"We need all the help we can get now," Wenomir responds. "A no-killing rule is going to be inconvenient, however. There's a lot of demons that need a thorough butchering. Still, you can always provide support. What skills do you have?"
    Portal eases up a little bit, his confidence rising. A long metal bo staff appears in his hand, seemingly out of nowhere. "Well I can teleport myself and others near-bye" he replies, "I can also manipulate time, slow it down, speed it up, things like that. I have some experience in close-range combat, I've been practicing knife-throwing and I'd say I'm pretty damn good with a staff." While he speaks he absent-mindedly fiddles with the staff in his hand, it is clear he knows how to use it quite well, though he is not perfect with it either.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

The Flaming Knight

"Fair lady, the only things thou need worry about are the forces of evil coming after me. I can help with the foul deviants, by smiting or by speech."

Archangel straightens suddenly when Cessie mentions the bad spot VIGIL is in. "I shalt help to smite thine enemies. My cleansing flame can burn away the foulest of curses. My fire is a purifying one. Even demons can not stand my flame."

((Come to think of it, with a name like 'VIGIL', it's no wonder the knight showed up.))

23. - Top - End - #113

The Flaming Knight

Cessie smiles faintly. "I'm glad you're so enthusiastic. But remember that once you're a part of this organization you should try to work together with the other members. We have far too many people going off on their own which sort of defeats the purpose of forming an organization you know? Remember that you will be representing the entire organization in a way."

24. - Top - End - #114

Arriving to Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ...

Harley finally shows up. Wow this is a massive house, she thinks, looking up at it.

It has literally been so long, I'm pretty sure nobody remembers what she looks like at the moment anymore. Black hair and distinctly average Latina look, and a fancy black mask on her face.

She gives a low whistle, looking up at the outdoor architecture. Sure, it's not giant, but it's still huuuuge! Larger than a normal house, that's for sure. Like a mansion. Those things are big and full of rich people. Figures.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2015-07-22 at 02:45 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

The Flaming Knight

"Aye."
    Archangel nods. "Forsooth, I shall stand by this order through thick and thin, and I shall not tarnish the image of VIGIL. I will not abideth deviants, however, but I will defer to your leadership." For the time being, at least.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Gallope Ranch]

"Isn't that what I said?"
    Anything else Zack was going to say is cut off by the hug. That was unexpected! But not unwelcome, as he returns the embrace, heart suddenly racing. What does Lee know? Zack certainly wouldn't admit to any dislike of Willa's human half.
    Gallope Ranch

Wouldn't have or wouldn't admit to? That's a huge difference!
    And at this point they're so close Willa doesn't really have much trouble sensing Zack's excitement.
    "So, what would you like to do? Sit for a while? See some of my stuff?" she asks him gently, pulling away and ending Zack's close encounter of the squished kind.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Stormguard

Wenomir stands in silence, not entirely sure what the heck is happening.

The Portal

"This should be useful," the warrior says. "You can go in and get settled in our temporary headquarters. It's not much, but we're working on something more permanent."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"Alright, thanks" says Portal. He turns to head inside but then pauses, realizing he has one more question. "When you were fighting those demon things, did you notice any weaknesses?" he asks "If they ambush us, it'd be nice to know exactly what I'm going to be dealing with here."
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2015-07-22 at 11:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post

The Flaming Knight

"Aye."
    Archangel nods. "Forsooth, I shall stand by this order through thick and thin, and I shall not tarnish the image of VIGIL. I will not abideth deviants, however, but I will defer to your leadership." For the time being, at least.

The Flaming Knight

"Good, you may enter the building but I can't make you an official member quite yet. I'll get back to you once I talked to our other leader. But that's just a technicality so feel yourself at home. You will be able to do missions right away and use our HQ as a home." She gestures towards Felandria's home.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

The Portal

"We'd fought them several times before as well. They're vulnerable to silver," Wenomir says as he enters and holds the door open. "It hurts them badly and stops their regeneration. It also glows in their presence, which helps root out their corruption and spies. Tactically, they're not very smart or subtle. They tend to rely on overwhelming force. Powerful demon lords and swarms of lesser ones. They're fond of teleporting reinforcements straight onto the battlefield. That's how they got us this time, like I said in Trog's."

Harley

Harley's approach seems unnoticed for now.