New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

[Gallope Ranch]

What was said was what was meant. Close encounters should not be so squished.
    "We-llll, let's just sit for a little while."
    Sazack is the one blushing now.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

What about Willa would he never admit to disliking? She must amend it immediately!
    "Well, alright then. Do you want me to ask Kobu to bring some snacks? Turn on the TV?" she asks, leaning up against him. Okay, maybe she's messing with him a little.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Glynda still looks rather unnerved by Des' display and remains silent the rest of the way until they reach her temporary room.

I'm rather... Thirsty. Is it possible for me to get a drink please?

4. - Top - End - #124

[Gallope Ranch]

Well, at the moment, anything. Sure, she has flaws, who doesn't? But compared to how lovely and nice she is, nothing worth mentioning. He couldn't bear to give offense.

"A snack might be nice." As long as it isn't grass. That he can admit to. Being hungry and disliking certain plants.
    Sazack shivers a bit. A little teasing from a pretty girl and he completely loses his cool. It's embarrassing. Willa ought to be the one out of her depth, not knowing other centaurs before.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

True, but she is learning that centaurs are apparently very normal people, because Zack acts like any boy she's known, Walter included. She's avoiding feeling awkward about being into a handsome boy by acting normal and making him feel that way! Well, she isn't trying to feel that way, but him doing so is very endearing and helps to dispel her concerns about the whole situation.
    Willa gives a small call for Kobu, who shortly brings out a large bowl of fruit for the two to share, with little forks.
    "These are all grown by our neighbors. Try some." she offers.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Alex nods and says, "There are blood bags around. I'll see if I can find one. Wait here." She turns and goes looking for a bag full of blood to bring back to Glynda.

7. - Top - End - #127

[Gallope Ranch]

Well, Sazack tries very hard to be a normal boy.
    He smiles, and takes a little fork, and tries a piece of the fruit.
    However it tastes, he nods. "It's great, thank you." The normalcy of it all helps him calm down a bit. Okay, maybe there's not a lot normal about eating fruit from a shared bowl with little forks, but it's close enough.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

What, his family doesn't serve fruit from a bowl as part of meals in the summer? That's weird.
    "So, got any foods you really like? Hobbies?" she asks him conversationally.

9. - Top - End - #129

[Gallope Ranch]

"Nothing beats a good loaf of bread. Now there's a lot of bad bread baked in the world, and that turned me off of it for a long while. But really, it's the best of foods. You?"
    You can see Sazack thinking about the bread. Really cares about the stuff. His eyes are transported into a distant realm of wonderful baked goods. There's the enchanted love he has for Willa, but then there's his love of bread, on a whole 'nother level.
    "Hobbies? I don't feel I gotta lot of time for them. But I keep my practice shooting. And well, it's kinda childish, but I like flying kites. Built a couple of mine own."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #130

[Felandria's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Some time after Mia had left with Marcus, she retuns to the temp Vigil HQ. Now she got at least dressed with Jeans shirt and some shoes.
    She got a heavy bagpack on her shoulder and the hilt of a sword is looking out of it.
    When inside, she drops the bag with a "Huff." and some noise as the tins inside got thrown around. Then she sits down right next to it, really not sued on heavy work.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

"What? No, it's not childish. That's cute, Zack. And bread is pretty good, yeah. I've been discovering foods as I go along since I got this inheritance. I just went for what was cheap before." she admits.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Good, you may enter the building but I can't make you an official member quite yet. I'll get back to you once I talked to our other leader. But that's just a technicality so feel yourself at home. You will be able to do missions right away and use our HQ as a home." She gestures towards Felandria's home.
    [Outside Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

The Flaming Knight

"Aye. My lady." The flaming knight gets up, as a chivalrous move. 'Stand up when a lady is leaving.' Granted, he's also leaving too, but the thought matters.

"I shall do so, and also aid thou in thine time of need."

Then he'll leave and walk into [Felandria's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

13. - Top - End - #133

VIGIL Temp. Base - Nightraven

the woman of skill in subterfuge and reconnaissance may find herself approached by a certain huntress.
    Excuse me miss, would you mind working with me?
    the woman inquires
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    VIGIL Temp. Base - Nightraven

the woman of skill in subterfuge and reconnaissance may find herself approached by a certain huntress.
    Excuse me miss, would you mind working with me?
    the woman inquires
    "Not at all!"
    Alice stops zoning out into a world of text and technology and turns to look over the member making the request.
    "What is it you're working on?"
    That's who the huntress was talking to, right? The centaur spy who just joined VIGIL. Man, it would be really embarrassing if there were two women of subterfuge and reconnaissance who had just joined and were both within easy speaking distance in the new base.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Gallope Ranch

"What? No, it's not childish. That's cute, Zack. And bread is pretty good, yeah. I've been discovering foods as I go along since I got this inheritance. I just went for what was cheap before." she admits.
    Zack grins. "You think so? I know that feeling. Why do you think I'm so well acquainted with bad bread? The stuff's dirt cheap."

"What about yourself, hmm? What are you studying at school?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #135

Castle Eramay

Des meets Alex as she goes looking for blood.

"That went better than I had imagined. The father is heading home to help prepare somewhere for Miss Glynda. Apparently she has an elderly aunt in Ardale. Idea being that she won't need to go near light in the large home and since it is a bigger city, Glynda won't be seen as odd for going out at night."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Willa sighs.
    "It's high school. I don't get much choice on what classes to take. And they still don't have any good seats for me. Half the time I'm just awkwardly standing or kneeling in the back."
    The school isn't sure how they had a centaur for several years and never made that order. How could that have gone under the radar?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Alex smiles and nods, saying, "Yeah. That went about as well as it could have. I just wish there was something else we could have done for her. Speaking of, you have a blood bag on you?"

18. - Top - End - #138

Gallope Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Willa sighs.
    "It's high school. I don't get much choice on what classes to take. And they still don't have any good seats for me. Half the time I'm just awkwardly standing or kneeling in the back."
    The school isn't sure how they had a centaur for several years and never made that order. How could that have gone under the radar?
    I suspect corruption in the furnishing/purchasing department. All the orders that don't go to Tiny Uncomfortable Chairs Inc. mysteriously vanish.
    "Really? I mean, we don't have a big city tiered school system, but the teachers have been pretty good about letting the older students pick directions. The furniture though, I don't know if anyone's solved. Just standing room for folks like us."

[Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    The Stormguard

Suscipio digests the words, bit by bit. He runs through the possibilities in his head, while appearing to look right through Wenomir pacing back and forth, past the wall and more.

"So I see." He says at last. "That is most disturbing. Working as a hive is a problem. However, when each thinking creature holds an idea, a goal that envelopes their current actions, that is much more dangerous. Master Wenomir, I fear it will be all too quick that they might move on from targeting your group if what you say is true. This would mean they are on a mission, and with your group destabilized, they will more than likely assume your threat to be much lower and continue that mission."

The mage of time rises abruptly, black and gold eyes darting around the floor. He accidentally bumped into the makeshift table, but its contents did not spill, opting to remain suspended in falling. The wheels that were turning spin unchecked. The chronomancer not so subtly grabs at his pocketwatch and his eyes begin to glow. A golden hue radiates near him.

"I...I-must," The Bronze Wizard stutters, unsual for him. Obviously flustered, Cleosepha hasn't seen him like this before. "We need...by the powers, there are so many..."

The effects quickly cease, but Eternus remains in his heightened state of alarm.

"Cleo, Jern, I must prepare. You will all know soon enough. There is no longer the luxury of waiting. I advise a rapid organization and gathering of forces. I will return...by the powers I do hope I return."
    "Eternus, if you're going to go off to your possible doom, please tell us what the plan is so we can rescue you, or at least avoid disappearing ourselves the same way."
    She wonders what he was doing. If the demons might have perceived him the same way he seemed to perceive them.

"If they're leaving VIGIL alone, that will give time to regroup and become a threat to them once again. But we ought not count on that. They may well be the sort to carry out a task to the bitter end. Even if no longer a priority, we're still targets on their list."

She would pace back and forth with nervous energy, but Eternus is already doing that. It would look silly. Instead she reaches out to catch the disturbed items on the table and settle them back into time and gravity. And focuses on Wenomir.
    "One base, found/captured/reclaimed, but not constructed. Apparently we have neither the time nor the manpower. If our tower were large enough for your organization, I would offer it up, but it simply is not. What do you need in your headquarters? Nothing found yet (it's only been a few minutes since we mentioned it last) but I can narrow our search."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #139

Castle Eramay

Des nods and offers a bag to Alex with a sigh.

Hopefully the young lady learns self control quickly. I'd rather not have a repeat performance of today if I can help it.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Castle Eramay

Alex nods as she takes the bag and says, "I have faith that, if nothing else, we'll be able to teach her." She leans in and pecks Desulus's cheek as she continues, "After all, I turned out alright."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Willa shakes her head.
    "Not yet. And I don't know what I'd do. My inheritance can last me a while, but I don't think I want to stay doing it. I can hire someone to manage this place when I get to it. But what I should do, I have no idea." she admits.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Training Room

Presumably, Felandria does have some sort of gym in her house. She seems like the type to have one. If not, Wenomir will have improvised something. He's waiting there for Mia and anyone else who wants to learn. He's not sure why people want to learn swordsmanship from someone who has repeatedly failed to achieve much with it, but it's their choice.

Stormguard

"We need something secure and well-equipped," Wenomir says. "The last base was both. It did fall under overwhelming force, but few places wouldn't." He rubs his chin, struck by an idea. "We can't have multiple bases, but... maybe we could have one that can be in many places? A mobile base?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Training Room

The Flaming Knight, who had been wandering the base, wanders into the Training Room, leans back and watches Wenomir train the others.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Place

Kate sits on her bed, thinking. After a moment, Kate takes out her holy symbol and thinks at it,

"Hey, Cos, I want to talk to you about something, when would be a good time?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Halfling in the Playground

Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ

The Stormguard

Jerlynfran radiates an aura of peace, seemingly unaffected by Eternus' hectic pacing.
    Cleo is right, my dear boy. We must know what the individual plans as a group. If not, we are destined to fall.
    If we fall, we can offer no aid, and then we shall have failed our mission.

You have influence over time. Slow down and speak your mind.

Oddly enough, even the tater drakes remain silent. Waiting for the Bronze Wizard to speak.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Recaiden
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

"Eternus, if you're going to go off to your possible doom, please tell us what the plan is so we can rescue you, or at least avoid disappearing ourselves the same way."
    She wonders what he was doing. If the demons might have perceived him the same way he seemed to perceive them.

"If they're leaving VIGIL alone, that will give time to regroup and become a threat to them once again. But we ought not count on that. They may well be the sort to carry out a task to the bitter end. Even if no longer a priority, we're still targets on their list."

She would pace back and forth with nervous energy, but Eternus is already doing that. It would look silly. Instead she reaches out to catch the disturbed items on the table and settle them back into time and gravity. And focuses on Wenomir.
    "One base, found/captured/reclaimed, but not constructed. Apparently we have neither the time nor the manpower. If our tower were large enough for your organization, I would offer it up, but it simply is not. What do you need in your headquarters? Nothing found yet (it's only been a few minutes since we mentioned it last) but I can narrow our search."

Spoiler: Morty
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Stormguard

"We need something secure and well-equipped," Wenomir says. "The last base was both. It did fall under overwhelming force, but few places wouldn't." He rubs his chin, struck by an idea. "We can't have multiple bases, but... maybe we could have one that can be in many places? A mobile base?"

Spoiler: Aric
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ

The Stormguard

Jerlynfran radiates an aura of peace, seemingly unaffected by Eternus' hectic pacing.
    Cleo is right, my dear boy. We must know what the individual plans as a group. If not, we are destined to fall.
    If we fall, we can offer no aid, and then we shall have failed our mission.

You have influence over time. Slow down and speak your mind.

Oddly enough, even the tater drakes remain silent. Waiting for the Bronze Wizard to speak.

Not quite panicking, the Wizard of Time and Fate shuffles nervously.

"Friends, I lack the words to explain. Each moment I spend here could be years or fractions of a second elsewhere." At Wenomir's insight, Eternus nods vigorously. "An excellent idea! What cannot find you cannot attack you. Such mobility provides many benefits."

Opting to leave the map on the table, Suscipio gathers himself.

"Dear council, these people are where you are most needed, I am sure you already know. Suffice to say, I will be needed elsewhere, and shall gather the numbers necessary." The Bronze Wizard of the Stormguard looks then to Wenomir and seems to compose himself. "Understand anything I tell you might spoil what foresight I divine in our favor, and thus please hear me though my words are vague. I do not think your people are the priority any longer, but if you value your organization's wishes in keeping the peace and protecting the populace, prepare your raid and set it into motion. I will return in time to join you...with help."

With that as his parting words, he hurries out of the room.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2015-07-24 at 12:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

[In front of Fel's House, which is VIGIL's temporary quarters]

Harley, whose approach seems unnoticed for now, walks up to the door. She claps in front of the door ('cause that's what you do to doors) and calls, "Heeeeeeeey!"

She, it turns out, has a new sword on her: a colichemarde. It's new; she just got it. She is, of course, under the mistaken impression that she has to fight Wenomir, due to a misunderstanding that's entirely her fault. (Well, mostly her fault.) That's why she got a new sword, since she didn't have one before.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #148

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Training Room

Presumably, Felandria does have some sort of gym in her house. She seems like the type to have one. If not, Wenomir will have improvised something. He's waiting there for Mia and anyone else who wants to learn. He's not sure why people want to learn swordsmanship from someone who has repeatedly failed to achieve much with it, but it's their choice.

Stormguard

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post

Training Room

The Flaming Knight, who had been wandering the base, wanders into the Training Room, leans back and watches Wenomir train the others.

Training Room

Maybe those willing to learn have achived less with what they had done?
    Mia arrives here after some time. It needs a bit to find Wenomir in this still big and foreign home.
    As she arrives, she gor a gun on her back, which she places somewhere close to the door. The weapon itself isn't anything special, but Mia feels much better having something around she can use. Just in case. In her hands she holds a longsword, it's hilt long enougth for Mia to wield it with both hands. After she placed the gun at the door she heads for wenomit, still holding the longsword in her arms. She bows slightly for Wenomir.
    "Thank you, Wenomir. I know it's not a normal request." Then she looks at the burning man. "May I ask who's watching us?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Training Room

The Flaming Knight speaks up with a loud voice, a bit too loud for the indoors. "Harken to my voice, fair maiden. I am the Archangel of The Order Of The Flaming Eagle. I shall simply watch, and perhaps aid you if necessary."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Training Room

"A new member, I assume," Wenomir says, glancing at the angel. "If you want to train too, feel free to join," he adds, before turning back to Mia. "I've trained people before. I suppose I'm one of the most well-known warriors around here. Now, we're going to have start with the basics, here. Not just the forms and strikes, but we'll probably also have to work on your endurance."

Harley

Conveniently enough, it's Wenomir who opens the door this time.

"How may Vigil help you?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.