New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

[Outside Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Training Room

Mia nods. "When I came here, I got MDM to deal with fightings. It was reckless not to train myself. I never imagined he would be gone." He looks down rather sad for a moment. But then looks up again. "How do we start?" she asks a bit eager to do something.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Cleo's Home]

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    "Keep focused." Jinkei repeats. "Hopefully, this time we can try and put aside our differences, and actually be friends, seeing as you and Keiko are engaged." She smiles when she mentions Keiko. Sure, she talks a whole lot and acts like a 16-year old, but she's alright. That perfect fun-loving sister.

"And so I shall, as soon as I leave." She curtsies at the other woman once again. "Thank you for your help." She holds up her notepad. "I've already forgotten the first part of what you said, but this will make sure I remember the important bits. Also, congratulations on your engagement."
    "That would be nice. We'll see if you can keep up. If nothing else, for Keiko's sake. Isn't she wonderful?"

Cleo inclines her head, looking curiously at the notepad. "You're still forgetting things? That's...not how it should be."
    "But thank you. Gonna remember my name finally? Heh."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Gallope Ranch]

"Oh? And where do you suggest I find them?"

Sazack then sabotages any attempt to answer by leaning in to try to give Willa a kiss.

"Maybe. It's safer to be pessimistic, you know?"
    Gallope Ranch

Willa's eyes widen, but returns the kiss, shutting down all the various things that her brain is screaming.
    "Safe isn't always best." she breathes, barely audible.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #184

[Gallope Ranch]

Don't shut down your brain, Willa! It's warning you of things for a very good reason.

"Then you must be quite a danger."
    He puts an arm around her, to be as close as Willa was too self-conscious to be, lingering just a hair away in that manner where you wait for someone to decide whether to do what they want or what their brain's telling them to do.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Gallope Ranch

Willa sighs and leans her head on Zack's shoulder. He's more than welcome to try for a kiss again, but for now she's content to not do much.
    Presently, sweet smell of cooking should waft in from the kitchen. Seems that the appetizers are over and the main course is on its way.

Hugh's Flat

With a pop, Hugh appears in his shrubbery, shirtless.
    He complains far more about the sticks in his ribs than the loss of his nice shirt, which he does have a few of, and if Night wishes to stay he will have plenty of time to apologize as Hugh fumbles in his pockets for his keys.

6. - Top - End - #186

[Gallope Ranch]

Well, then he'll take the welcome opportunity, turning and twisting to find her lips again.

The food though, that's a surprise. Do they eat meals so early here? Not that Sazack is one to turn down offered food, but the fruit was finished not so long ago.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

Night flutters off Hugh's shoulder, to land somewhere nearby that can be landed on. He then starts preening, looking for a suitable writing quill. His last is still in Trog's, along with the ones that were created by the teleport.

Speaking of, there may be a few black feathers in Hugh's hair or clothing. Night teleported them by shunting them into the Semi-Elemental Plane of Birds, and then shunting them immediately out again. Hugh might have a brief impression of feathery grass and scaled bird's leg-like trees topped with more feathers, but only a very brief one.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Training Room

"I need to get a good idea of your physical form," Wenomir says. "So I prepared a series of exercises. They'll measure the strength of your arms and legs, your coordination and overall endurance." As soon as Mia is ready, he'll start explaining the exercises and pointing her towards the gymnastic equipment she'll need for them.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

Feathers just stuck in his hair or actually in his fair in place of an actual hair or two?
    "I'll get you some paper, don't go writing on my walls." he says as they enter. The place has a low ceiling and a few rooms, cluttered with things Hugh has accumulated over the years. There are also a bunch of comic books on a shelf that Hugh has a weakness for. After a minute he comes out of the tiny office with a stack of loose-leaf paper.

Gallope Ranch

The food won't be ready for at least half an hour, but it's been starting to cook.
    "You know, I'd heard plenty of things about stallions like you, but I still didn't expect you to go this fast with someone you met yesterday." she teases him after the kiss.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

Probably just stuck in his hair.

The ink fades after a while, anyway. Night has found a suitable feather and teleports into Hugh's apartment with a burst of feathers and dust, on entrance and exit.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

But Hugh wasn't at Trog's long enough to know that it fades after a while!

"Night, you have wings. Do you really need to teleport everywhere you go? You're going to leave dust everywhere." the quarterling says with a shake of his head as he closes the door behind him.

12. - Top - End - #192

Gallope Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The food won't be ready for at least half an hour, but it's been starting to cook.
    "You know, I'd heard plenty of things about stallions like you, but I still didn't expect you to go this fast with someone you met yesterday." she teases him after the kiss.
    "I didn't expect you to skip so far ahead as to invite me home." he counters.
    "My dam did warn me about mares like you, but after meeting you in person, how could I listen?"

Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ - The Stormguard

Spoiler: PREVIOUSLY
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Jerlynfran radiates an aura of peace, seemingly unaffected by Eternus' hectic pacing.
    Cleo is right, my dear boy. We must know what the individual plans as a group. If not, we are destined to fall.
    If we fall, we can offer no aid, and then we shall have failed our mission.

You have influence over time. Slow down and speak your mind.

Oddly enough, even the tater drakes remain silent. Waiting for the Bronze Wizard to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    Not quite panicking, the Wizard of Time and Fate shuffles nervously.

"Friends, I lack the words to explain. Each moment I spend here could be years or fractions of a second elsewhere." At Wenomir's insight, Eternus nods vigorously. "An excellent idea! What cannot find you cannot attack you. Such mobility provides many benefits."

Opting to leave the map on the table, Suscipio gathers himself.

"Dear council, these people are where you are most needed, I am sure you already know. Suffice to say, I will be needed elsewhere, and shall gather the numbers necessary." The Bronze Wizard of the Stormguard looks then to Wenomir and seems to compose himself. "Understand anything I tell you might spoil what foresight I divine in our favor, and thus please hear me though my words are vague. I do not think your people are the priority any longer, but if you value your organization's wishes in keeping the peace and protecting the populace, prepare your raid and set it into motion. I will return in time to join you...with help."

With that as his parting words, he hurries out of the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Stormguard

"We need something secure and well-equipped," Wenomir says. "The last base was both. It did fall under overwhelming force, but few places wouldn't." He rubs his chin, struck by an idea. "We can't have multiple bases, but... maybe we could have one that can be in many places? A mobile base?"

"I would ordinarily tell you that's bunk. It could just as easily be not knowing the future that ruins it. But I've done some time-travelling of my own recently. Do what stability demands."
    Which doesn't stop Cleosepha rolling her eyes at the time-wizard. Panic is not going to help!

"Let's trust that he knows what he's doing."

She leans over the map.
    "A mobile base would solve that problem, at least. It's not a bad start. There's an old hovering platform out in the ocean around here that HALO once scouted out and then put on a shelf. And here, further north, there's a little island known to move about."
    The wizard gets out a cell-phone sort of device - no reason not to use technology when it will get the job done - and button-presses through a number of reports and notes.
    "Something you might want, land-based, went through the pass here a fortnight ago. And the far skies have a number of formerly derelict or abandoned sites that could be converted."

"Now, they'll all be abandoned for good reason or have their own inhabitants who don't want to give them up. For the latter, I know the perfect place, but I don't have the leverage to get it. Those are separate problems."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Training Room

"I need to get a good idea of your physical form," Wenomir says. "So I prepared a series of exercises. They'll measure the strength of your arms and legs, your coordination and overall endurance." As soon as Mia is ready, he'll start explaining the exercises and pointing her towards the gymnastic equipment she'll need for them.

Training Room

Mia nods and will start the exercises, laying the sword away befor she does.
    At all her arms are strong, at least stronger then you would assume a girl her shape has. Comes from the mechanical part of her deiety. Her feet aren't that strong she might be able to stand around long or take long walks. Her coordination is good , but her endurance is quiet bad. She barly trained anything.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

I don't see you using your wings. Night is trying to avoid answering that question.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

"Unless you know something I don't know, I don't have any wings to use, mister. You have two. And my carpet is soft if you want to try them." Hugh retorts.

Gallope Ranch

" I guess logic does sort of crumble around me." Willa laughs, probably making a joke Zack doesn't get.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

Then what are those things there, beneath your head? After typing, the magic raven waves its beak in a way supposed to indicate Hugh's arms.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

"They're my arms. Humanoid arms are made for carrying things, not for flying. They don't have any feathers on them, or membranes, as you can see." he says, showing his bare arms to Night, though he then goes into a drawer to fetch an undershirt to put on.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

They seem more useful to wings. But as a teleporter, I might be biased. I decided Night should actually have a text colour rather than just italics.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

"Yes, well, your wings won't leave piles of dust and feathers all over my floor, so please be considerate. Besides, if you get stuck in an anti-magic area, what are you going to do?" he asks.
    The most useful thing would be to have both, but unless Night wants to shove him into the Plane of Birds for a while and experiment that's unlikely to be a possibility for these two.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Apartment

Fine, I'll give flying a go. Night stretches out its wings and beats them awkwardly, flying rather inefficiently around the room.

Night doesn't know much about the Plane of Birds, since it hasn't spent any time there yet.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

I don't either, I just figured it has a lot to do with birds and involves magical bird essence.
    "See, there you go! So uh, what's your plan? You weren't just going to stay here, were you?" he says, noticing some of the feathers in his hair.
    "How did that teleport work anyway? You got your feathers in my hair." he says, brushing them away.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

[Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

The Stormguard

"No offence to anyone, but that man weirds me out," Wenomir says once Suscipio is gone. "So let us indeed hope he knows what he's doing. We might take a look at those. Something that actually flies, rather than just hovers, would be ideal. But our current means are limited."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Gallope Ranch

" I guess logic does sort of crumble around me." Willa laughs, probably making a joke Zack doesn't get.
    Sazack does not get the joke, but he chuckles along for a moment.

"It does. But if you mind, we can take a step back."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Home

I open a microfissure to a place where space and time interact differently and then I create another to where I want to go. It's a birdy place. Literally birdy, and made of birdy.

I don't really have a plan. I was a scope an hour ago. I'd like to explore and see what's about.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

"Oh, really? That's neat." he says, as if he has any idea of what that means. It sounds interesting, though.
    "And do what you want. I should probably get some rest for work tomorrow. You can come back if you need somewhere to sleep. I know you don't have anywhere else." he offers.
    He almost doesn't want to leave the poor bird alone, though. He's so out of his depth...

Gallope Ranch

"I don't mind too much." Willa tells him. "Just don't get any funny ideas, you hear me?" she says slyly.

26. - Top - End - #206

Gallope Ranch

Sazack smirks.

"What do you consider a funny idea? I'm no comedian."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "That would be nice. We'll see if you can keep up. If nothing else, for Keiko's sake. Isn't she wonderful?"

Cleo inclines her head, looking curiously at the notepad. "You're still forgetting things? That's...not how it should be."
    "But thank you. Gonna remember my name finally? Heh."
    [Cleo's Home]

Jinkei smiles brightly. "Yeah, she is wonderful, and a fun friend to have!"

She grins and nods her head. "Yeah... finally. It's a pain having short-term memory loss and not realizing it half the time." Then she curtsies again. "It's nice to meet you once again, Cleo." SHe doesn't bother attempting to get the full version of the name.

If nothing else remains to be said, she'll leave to go find Meadowgreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mia nods and will start the exercises, laying the sword away befor she does.
    At all her arms are strong, at least stronger then you would assume a girl her shape has. Comes from the mechanical part of her deiety. Her feet aren't that strong she might be able to stand around long or take long walks. Her coordination is good , but her endurance is quiet bad. She barly trained anything.

Training Room

Archangel nods as Mia starts her exercises. One by one, he starts commenting on her form and her strength.

"Upper-body strength be good... balance of standard goodness, endurance is woeful. Thou needest some strength and endurance training."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-26 at 12:04 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Castle Eramay

Alex nods as she takes the bag and says, "I have faith that, if nothing else, we'll be able to teach her." She leans in and pecks Desulus's cheek as she continues, "After all, I turned out alright."
    Alex draws that oddly childish grin out of Des.

Mmm. I suppose you're right. It'll be fine. Just got to up the orders for blood around here with another mouth to feed.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Alex smiles at Des's smile and says, "See you later, dear," as she leaves to take the bag back to Glynda.

30. - Top - End - #210

Castle Eramay

Des smiles, shaking his head as he walks off to do... Des things.

Glydna is found in her quarters poking around the room curiously.