New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

[New Peacefield]

Alkania nods sadly.
    "Call me Alkania. Allie." 'miss' is just silly.

This is so much like the first time she met Jinkei. Raquel, then. Looking just like, but actually being so different from...
    "And you want to come remember us? Poor thing, to go through all that pain, and then forget everything you learned."
    Foolishly, she tries to give Jinkei a hug.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Training Room

Mia takes a few more moments to get some breath.

"Just... a few... moments...to gather...breath." she says and after a minute or two she has cooled down enougth waiting for Wenomir to show.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

"Allie..." She notes that down. "Allie it is. It suits you." She smiles politely at Allie.

Jinkei stiffens when she is hugged, realizing she's not sure what to do. "Erm..." Slowly, she puts her hands round the older lady. It's clear it feels weird to her.

"To be fair, I'm not sure I forgot 'everything I learned'... I'm more comfortable talking about friends with benefits than I should be, I'm more like to speak my mind out, I know never to go to the Roost and to spend all my time in Foxside, I realize yelling at people and blowing up should never be my way of expressing my feelings... but I don't know how I learnt them. Maybe I've always been like this and it's just manifesting..." She laughs weakly. "Though that doesn't explain why hugging you makes me feel warm inside... this is so weird..." Her voice cracks a bit.

4. - Top - End - #244

[New Peacefield]

"Been a long time since someone needed to call me that."

Alkania raises an eyebrow. "There are stories behind those things, I'm sure." It's too weird of a list otherwise.
    "You didn't...do this on purpose, did you? Because no, you weren't like this. You wouldn't have every admitted that before. How to express yourself."
    Her arms slide down, to the small of Jinkei's back.
    "You remember some, then. Sensations, if not words? Or it's just me. It's not as thought you've always been such a fox."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

"Of course, not. I'm a very careful bicycle rider. I need a new one now, it was that bad, apparently." She sighs as her voice grows softer and her breath grows shallower with each passing second. Her head is resting on Alkania's shoulder now, though she couldn't tell you how it got there. "I suppose, that's a good thing, then."

She feels arms on the small of her back and gasps. The sensations are a bit weird, but the promise of more is proving rather irresistible... "Yes... show me... I mean... I..." She tries pushing Alkania away. "I have to go, this is not me. We just met!" She's panting, knowing she was just prepared to kiss this lady, and possibly more.

Shock is clear on her face. What was that, just now?!
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-27 at 01:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246

[New Peacefield]

Alkania lets her arms part and Jinkei push herself back, blinking in surprise.
    "You really have changed."
    Her arms cross over her chest as she gives a shake of her head.

"Keep the distance you want. I probably shouldn't...do you remember any of your magic?"
    Sudden change of subject!
    "What are you going to do now, Jinkei? You had a lot of bold ideas. Rushing into everything. This is maybe the first time I've seen you hesitate. And you...you walked away already, but that still hurts."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei shakes her head and grimaces. "I'm sorry, I... yeah, magic! I remember, as I learnt them at The Temple. It's like, it's always been my home."

She smiles sadly. "I'm sorry for hurting you, but that was a little too fast for me. As far as I'm concerned, I've never been with anyone, though it's clear I've actually been with you."

A deep breath, then she continues. "I'll stay in the temple, train to be an acolyte and eventually priestess... maybe in the meantime, we can keep in contact and maybe even rekindle..." She pauses for a moment. "...well, yeah. It's just... well, at times I feel like I've gone insane."

8. - Top - End - #248

[New Peacefield]

Allie chuckles.

"You knew before then. Before you even knew you were a kitsune. I was teaching you more."

A shake of the head, and a sad smile as well. Probably for the best.
    "You were quite hmm... hasty about such things before. How curious. I'm not sure that would be for the best. But maybe. I don't know that we can trust you to stay like-to care. If you weren't in such a hurry, just looking for, well, forget about it. That's not how it is, apparently."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

"Really? Can you teach me them again?" Jinkei beams at the mention of more magic. "Of course, it depends on which type they are, I prefer white magic. Like my fur."

She looks at Allie questioningly. "But Allie... it's my decision. I've actually wanted to be a priestess for a while, now. And... wait, what do you mean, exactly? Or do you... not like me anymore?" A flash of worry appears on her face.

10. - Top - End - #250

[New Peacefield]

Alkania shrugs.
    "I probably could."
    "But, do you remember before you wanted to be a priestess? How much you wanted those things?"

Shaking her head some more.
    "You're as beautiful as ever. But you're not going to be my girlfriend again. What you did and said, no. Maybe we could have some fun, but more? No."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei pauses, a blank look on her face. "I... don't remember... I think... I still searched for purpose? Oh well, now I have one." She shrugs.

The foxgirl takes a deep breath. "I'll be honest with you, Allie. In my eyes, we've never met, and I have little reason to be emotionally attracted to you, but for some reason, I'm attracted to you physically. Now, I know why." She moves closer to the other lady. "So, I propose we become friends and treat each other as such. And maybe, with time, we can become really close friends."

It's not intentional, but the way she says 'really close friends' makes it sound curtainy.

12. - Top - End - #252

[New Peacefield]

"I hope you can stick to it. Be sure it's still the purpose you want."
    Alkania smiles warily, and offers a hand to Jinkei as she approaches again.
    "We could be friends. Maybe. We'll see."
    Everyone's got that one friend who's a twin of their archenemy, cheated on them, has a deep religious divide between and regularly forgets who they are. Right? Jinkei's feelings are unfortunately hard to conclude anything about. Maybe she remembers something from the past, maybe she's simply forthright about the attraction anyone would feel. Wait, that's not a thing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Home

Night writes What is sleep?

Being a raven, Night could probably sleep in a tree. Or he could stay at an old tower in the capital city of England.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

But what if it rained? He would get all wet!
    "Sleep is what most living things that aren't plants do at some point to rest. Their minds stop for a few hours of unconsciousness while the body recuperates." Hugh explains, grasping for words.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

Oh. I'm not sure I'm mortal enough for that. Night is essentially a raven-shaped magic elemental, so he probably isn't mortal enough for sleep.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

"Well, that gives you more time to explore and do fun stuff. What did you want to check out?" he asks. Not sleeping just sounds unnerving. Who doesn't want to sleep?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

I have no idea. I've not existed for long, so I don't know what's out there. That's part of the appeal, actually. It's not that Night doesn't want to- it's that he doesn't know how, and doesn't naturally feel tired. He'll have to figure that out for himself.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

"Well, I can show you around the city. That's really all I can do. Or maybe you should check out that place that you go between teleports. I'm not sure if it's safe for someone like me but maybe you'd want to." the quarterling suggests.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Training Room

The Flaming Angel decides to get a closer view of the action, and moves closer to the two VIGILites. "I wish only to watch. If you require an extra to aid, I will gladly assist." He addresses them both.

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei looks serious. "I assure you, I will stick to it. It won't be easy, but few things are."

She takes the hand of the other lady and shakes it, a smile on her face. "We'll see, indeed." She gazes deep into the other lady's eyes and holds on to the hand longer than necessary, then promptly releases it.

"So, Allison, tell me about you, seeing as I've no memory of us meeting until today."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Hugh's Flat

I'd prefer to go alone, if that is OK. I shall see you again, however. I promise. With those last words, Night teleports away in a blast of feathers and dust.

21. - Top - End - #261

[New Peacefield]

Alkania shakes her head.
    "Of all the hills to die on..."

She takes the time of the long handshake to step closer to Jinkei.
    "You wrote my name down, friend. Use it."
    "Nice to meet you, friend. I'm recovering from being dead, nearly back to well-
    though one might not tell it by looking at her -and working to reconstruct the Resplendent Magics. Before then I built this town. Used to be some sort of a hero, but, uh, that's dangerous work."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei looks apologetic as she scans her notes. "Allie. I've probably said this, but it suits you nicely."

She takes a seat as Alkania speaks, an eyebrow raising up when the phrase 'nearly back to well' is used. She doesn't look like a hero, she looks... weak. "That's so awesome, you being a hero. Nice to meet you as well. You know me already, but I shall speak nonetheless: Jinkei of the Temple of Inari, aspiring acolyte and priestess, violinist. I have four little godkits, my favorite nine-tail is engaged to Cleo, all the boys have a crush on me for some reason, which is weird, and my favorite food is seal."

"What are the Resplendent Magics, if I may ask?"

23. - Top - End - #263

[New Peacefield]

"Much better."
    Alkania laughs as she takes a seat on the edge of the little bed. Having only one chair at the little table/desk, this place isn't meant for visitors.

"No mention of your family. You were so proud and happy at being adopted by Katsuo no Yarafuji. As for why they all seem to have a crush, it might have to do with how available you make yourself. Do you know how long it was between meeting you and having you curled up in my bed? My favorite food is apples."

She pats a book set under a pillow.
    "They're the spells I'm learning. Words of power, many over the mind, many over the world."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Castle Eramay

Glynda does seen excited at the chance to actually get some practice.

Does he... Glynda hopes Alex knows that she means Des. Know magic? Or do you know someone else that can teach me?

To be fair, Des is a living myth that probably freaks out his subjects.
    Alex smiles, nods and says, "Yeah, he does. At least, Blood Magic. Maybe more. And if not, I'm certain he knows someone to teach you. Don't worry about it. You have eternity. You can do whatever you want."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei giggles. "I'm sorry about that. Katsuo is my father, I don't have a mother yet, and my friends and 'siblings' are all in the Temple. No significant others, haven't found the right person yet. I... have a small thing for Katrina, physically." It's probably the events of the past few minutes or the strong desire she has to get to know this lady that makes her willing to share that.

Then she boggles, realizing the implications of that question. "Oh no, that explains your surprise at my pushing you away earlier." Her ears briefly flick down and she grows red with embarrassment. "Sorry."

Jinkei looks to the books and gasps. "BOOKS!" The lady is a reader too. This will be a great friendship! "Can... can I borrow one on the mind? Please?"

She scribbles some more stuff, stopping at a point to refresh her memory by reading her previous notes.

26. - Top - End - #266

[New Peacefield]

"Uh, not yet. It went a little badly last time. You can borrow something safer to read, if you like?"
    The other piece of furniture in the building is a giant bookshelf stacked to the brim.

"Katrina, eh? I don't know that you'll have any luck with that."
    Sad shrug for Jinkei.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei turns to the bookshelf. "If I like? I'd borrow your entire collection if I could! What do you have? You don't mind me coming here to read, do you? This area is so peaceful, and I can come and keep you company, as friends ought to do for each other."

She notices the shrug and smiles mischievously. "I know she's not the relationship type, but she never said no to 'fun'... and she'll be at the bridal shower!" She sounds like a scheming schoolgirl, it's almost cute. "She's my best shot at finding out just what I know about such things."

28. - Top - End - #268

[New Peacefield]

There are books on all topics. Mostly fiction by a slim margin, mostly genre stuff, with a half-shelf of Nexusian and non-Nexusian classics.
    "Sure, come by and read."
    She slips out a few particular books.

Alkania rolls her eyes.
    "She's your best chance? I think hardly so. You are."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-07-28 at 08:57 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Training Room

Wenomir will go on to show the basics of the longsword fencing. Specifically, the four guards - Plow, Ox, Roof and Fool. He'll then hand the sword to Mia and have her try to hold her balance as she stands and walks in those forms.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei is positively glad to have found a friend that likes to read so much. "Ooh, thank you, thank you!" She looks at the books the other lady is slipping out. "What are those?"

"I am?" She asks, not fully understanding. "How so? I know little about such things, yet I find myself suddenly very interested in it. Katrina is someone I know who could show me stuff with no strings attached."