New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Laws of Chaos - IC

"Anyone else she could train with?" Trix says from behind Eloi, locking eyes with the man.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Thank ya kindly."
    He nods to the guard, giving a short bow before he heads off to check the cemetery and ensure that the dead aren't stirring.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Dirk, Lissandra
    Show
    The older guard nods, and replies, "Well, I certainly can answer your questions while keeping an eye on things here. I don't know how much help I'll be, though - I'm no mage myself, just someone who had the misfortune of getting dragged along with some addle-coved sorcerer across the planes. The berk asked for a guide through Thornwood and I got assigned the task, next thing I know I follow him through some door and wind up in The Cage. Had the good fortune to find a smart tout there, though - and one with enough smarts to point me towards a path home, even though I wound up walking most of the Great Road to actually make it happen."

Spoiler: Eloi, Trix
    Show
    "Yeh think I'd know? Not my job ta know ev'ry bloke in town who ken swing a blade," the man replies curtly.

Spoiler: Swordbreaker
    Show
    You easily find your way to the town cemetery - it's at the west end of town, with a wrought-iron fence surrounding it. Light glimmers along the fence, seeming almost to flow over the metal. Through the open gates you see a number of graves there, and a few people milling about among them. In the distance, near the northern end of the cemetery where the fence meets the town's wall, you see a large stone building which presumably is the mausoleum in question.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

I see. I suppose you don't know much about magic from Planes of Law then? We are trying to access the Druid's Grove and it seems to be sealed with a powerful Law magic which seems to be subverting the Druid's magic.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was all shifty and tendrilly." Liss seemed to be spacing out a little as her focus shifted in and out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    "Sealed? That's interesting... we hadn't considered that possibility. Though... you'll have to be a bit more specific than 'shifty and tendrily'," he says with a smile to Lissandra, "seeing as I'm not a mage myself. Any particular symbols or patterns, or anything unusual about how the magic was acting?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

"So you know nobody else?" Trix asks, skeptical.

Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Swordbreaker stays silent in the place, regarding the tomb and the comers and goers in this place respecting the departed. He starts simple, checking the blessings upon this place of rest, even taking a moment to pull out his own holy symbol as he looks around.
    "May justice be yours you across the veil, even if it you did not find it here. Cuthbert protect you in your travel to whatever you have earned, his cudgel fending off any that would waylay your rest."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh..." Liss sounded a little disappointed that her 'description' wasn't enough but nevertheless gave her best recount of what she saw back at the grove.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Trix, Eloi
    Show
    The man gruffly replies, "Not my job ta know - my job's jus' ta keep things runnin' smooth here. Now, yeh ken go talk wit' tha cap'n, or yeh ken go look fer somepace else. No skin off my neck either way."

Spoiler: Swordbreaker
    Show
    You are able to tell that nothing seems out of place - the various symbols of faith that adorn the graves are untampered with and aligned properly, and as you approach the mausoleum, you can feel a faint tingling of magic across your armor. You aren't certain what it is, though it seems as if it wants to be noticed - a warning, perhaps, to those who might defile this place.

Show
    As Lissandra relays the details of what he saw, Riven sits in thought for several moments. Finally, he says, "Huh... can't be sure, mind you, but it almost sounds like we've got a breach. Though, don't know how anyone'd breach from the Great Road..." He frowns for a minute before saying, "And it wouldn't explain how things are acting so strange unless we've got more breaches, from different parts of the Road... that'd be its own slew of troubles, too..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

The Great Road? What is that? What would happen if there's a Breach in the Great Road. Dirk tensed and flexed his fingers, shifting his weight on the balls of his feet. He was getting antsy and he wasn't liking what he was hearing.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

"Whatever. F*** this guy, let's go find some town militia or something," Trix says with a growl.

Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissandra tilts her head to the side as she listens on with curiosity.
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2016-06-17 at 11:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Trix
    Show
    "Suit yerself, lass," the guard replies before turning his attention back to whatever he was reading on the desk.

Show
    "Right," Riven says, before explaining, "sorry bout that - I spent so much time in the Cage - Sigil, that is - and on the Road, I tend to slip into the Cant... er, sorry, the slang used in Sigil. A breach on its own isn't normally a problem - if you're used to walking the Road. That's the outer planes - the Heavens, the Hells, Mechanus, Limbo and that lot. Outer planes, as mages call them." Sighing, he continues, "But breaches normally pop up out on the Road, due to the frequent use of plane jumping magic to get from place to place - it weakens the borders between planes, and bits of one can seep into another as a result.

It's not common here, though... I'm honestly not sure that's the situation, but it's the closest thing I can think of. Like you've got the native magic from Mechanus seeping out into that area. Still,"
    a frown crosses his face as he continues, "if that's all it was, then we'd just be seeing more ordered behavior among the beasts here - yet that's not all of what we're seeing. Only thing I can think of that'd make sense for this is if we've got multiple breaches in the area - and all honesty, that scares the hell out of me to even consider. Sounds barmy, I know, but that's the best I can come up with. Sorry I can't be more help... you definitely seem like a couple of alright cutters."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Dirk gives the guard a curt nod. Thank you for your help. If I might make a suggestion, you might want to share this theory with the Mayor. Dirk motioned for Liss to follow as he walked away in search of the others.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Lissandra to Riven as she and Irou continued following Dirk. "So... any idea what might be causing these..breaches was it?" The druid asked, not sure if she fully understood the explanation.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    "Not entirely certain, but it's normally some form of magic. I wouldn't think the druid would've been casting anything that'd cause this, though..." Riven pauses in his reply pensively, before continuing, "Do me a favor, if you could. Go let the Mayor know what we discussed - we don't have any mages in town who'll be able to do anything, but he can at least send word out and try to get someone here. As soon as I'm relieved here, I'll see if I can dredge up any more details from some of the incidents that have occurred - see if I can't piece together something more. If I come up with anything else, I'll let the Mayor know - if it's anything we can work with, he'll let you know."

As you move to depart, he then calls out, "Also, on the off chance that you find yourselvs in Sigil, look up a tout by the name of Rowen Lazul - he's the one who showed me the ropes there, and he'll help you find your way." With that, he turns his attention back to his duties.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Dirk nodded curtly. Will do. Liss, lets gather the rest and go see the mayor.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay!" Lissandra nods before starting to take the lead. "If I know my sisters, they're probably looking for a fight..."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show