New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons XIII: Wake Like An Egyptian

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    If you pull the match damage to the first multiplier, how do you arrive at 56.25? 25 * 1.5(3 combo) is 37.5? Which would take you down another 50%

Also not sure how 1300*339 gets to 661k. That looks like 440k to me o.o
    Sarasvati's ult's "match 5 with at least 1 plussed" addition makes it 5*5*1.5*1.5 = 56.25x, and the multiplier above excludes the 1.5x bonus for three combos. 1300*339*1.5=661050.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Sarasvati's ult's "match 5 with at least 1 plussed" addition makes it 5*5*1.5*1.5 = 56.25x, and the multiplier above excludes the 1.5x bonus for three combos. 1300*339*1.5=661050.
    Oh huh there's an ult - am way out of the loop haha. Might still have a hard time killing things with needing 11 blue orbs to do 3-4 mil damage though.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Oh huh there's an ult - am way out of the loop haha. Might still have a hard time killing things with needing 11 blue orbs to do 3-4 mil damage though.
    That's always an issue, but the entire team is orbchangers.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Also, 15% increased Blue skyfall doesn't hurt. Particularly since she also gives you two bonus orbs as a booby prize in the process.

Looking at the godfest options, I'm not sure either account will roll on that. Maybe one YOLOpull for my tablet day 1 (Meimei?), but doubtful. More likely to do one on the phone for day 2, I could use anything from Greco-Roman 2 other than Persephone, and Perseus would be nice. But even those get a resounding "meh" from me, I may just continue on without spending those stones for a while. Little frustrating, as I think we're probably due for a Wood Gala soon, and I want a nice Godfest during Wood Gala for my tablet. I'd really like to have Liu Bei and Meimei and Kushi and Perseus and... etc, on the tablet account.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

5. - Top - End - #275

Half of them are really weak ones though (2 orbs is less than a fifth of you need to activate), so you'll likely be plodding along like a Sonia team to stall for them often. Might only be a good team for short dungeons, or those that have few dangerous waves.

One unexpected boon to having a pseudo-monodark Horus team - medjedras sub switch does almost nothing.

The skill boosts are nice too. It makes descends feel like normal dungeons, not needing to stall and being under two minutes each.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-07-29 at 06:05 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. I've actually been playing around with a lot of options for Sarasvati subs, that team just showcases orbhance.

I'll probably end up legitimately running something more like Sarasvati//Hatsume/Siegfried/Nut/Bonia//Sarasvati.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally evolved Ice Golem and Tyran into Ice Guardian and Tyrannos.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

8. - Top - End - #278

Awoken Meimei obtained and now I'm thinking that Verdandi might have lost her permanent spot on my ABastet team.

Meimei's awakenings are just too good to pass up, DCC Athena is a no brainer inclusion and Saiga takes the third non flex spot for his relatively fast orb change combined with double TPA.

That means Verdandi will probably only be used now if I don't need the Flex spot for anything else.

In farming news, my ABastet is in the 200s, might just be able to max her before the event ends.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Sarasvati, Krishna, and light/dark golem ults are live!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarasvati, Krishna, and light/dark golem ults are live!
    Woot. Ulted my Sarasvati. I dunno how many good subs I have for her, though...

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Congrats to everyone! New evolved stuff is always fun.

I think I'm done with challenges, for now - giving up on Wadatsumi and Vulcan on the phone. I don't need those piis right now, and they're a pain in the neck for my teams. Either I rely too much on awakenings, or just have the wrong elements for those dungeons. And a lot of the stuff is too tough for my tablet still, I need to level my Abastet subs to get more HP. I may do a couple more Athena runs on the tablet, though, to pick up a second Gigas for use alongside Goemon in King of Gods.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Sara ult, you say?
    Show

I'll take it.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2015-07-30 at 09:46 AM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    Spoiler: Sara ult, you say?
    Show

I'll take it.
    I played with it a little in TEC. What're your thoughts?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Given that she handled Zeus-Vulcan, which I apparently hadn't actually cleared on the phone account before, with ease? Yeah. Max skills are a necessity, but in any dungeon that's either short or gives you a bit of stall time, she puts out more than enough damage. (I mean, I wasn't even making rows most of the time, since it's a bit hard to do both unless you have a ton of orbs. This is a small downside, and I don't know if she's quite at Rush levels of usability, but I might try and find out.) I do think having a slime in there is worthwhile - I&I is nice since it's three turns, but a Sun Quan would also be good if you have the right subs (Hatsume, Andromeda and such).

And she's fun. (Her active apparently doesn't overwrite jammer skyfalls, though; that was rather annoying. Seems bad orb skyfalls use a separate effect slot from good orb ones.)
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I think I really need to skill up Hatsume and Nut before I can start using her legitimately.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't expect she'll ever be my main leader, but my sub list is ... well, it's just okay.

Sun Quan, of course (max skill)
    B/B Gabriel (max skill, keep healer subtype)
    B/D Karin (only skill ... 2?)
    [a 5-turn orb changer, either Sieg or FKK]

Other possible subs include Orochi, I&I, Midgard, etc. But I think orb changers are too important.

Still kind of 'meh' about that team, but I expect there will be times I'll need something like that. Needs a LOT of skill-ups for real endgame viability, though.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    I don't expect she'll ever be my main leader, but my sub list is ... well, it's just okay.

Sun Quan, of course (max skill)
    B/B Gabriel (max skill, keep healer subtype)
    B/D Karin (only skill ... 2?)
    [a 5-turn orb changer, either Sieg or FKK]

Other possible subs include Orochi, I&I, Midgard, etc. But I think orb changers are too important.

Still kind of 'meh' about that team, but I expect there will be times I'll need something like that. Needs a LOT of skill-ups for real endgame viability, though.
    Hatsume, maybe?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Hatsume, maybe?
    Nope, don't have her.

I have water swordsman, chibi andromeda, Rei (from North Star), and Amon, but none are really ready for prime time.

e: Duh, I do have Apollo Hermes. Hah.
    Last edited by obryn; 2015-07-30 at 12:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, don't have her.

I have water swordsman, chibi andromeda, Rei (from North Star), and Amon, but none are really ready for prime time.

e: Duh, I do have Apollo Hermes. Hah.
    Pray for BD God/Healer split ult for Hermes, then.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Oh Quietuuuuuus:

Starts with the godfest.

My Bestcat is ready.

(which incidentally means I'm now rolling Day 1 instead of Day 2 because I don't want more Artemises)
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-07-30 at 03:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Oh Quietuuuuuus:

Starts with the godfest.

My Bestcat is ready.

(which incidentally means I'm now rolling Day 1 instead of Day 2 because I don't want more Artemises)
    Mmm... and that Godfest is pretty solid. Meimei and Vishnu for Bestcat, Leilan and Krishna for A.Shiva, I wouldn't say no to another Karin for Andromeda. And if I got Sarasvati, I've got a pretty solid set of subs to use her as a lead instead of Andromeda - Karin, Andromeda, Hatsume, Marine Rider. All the Dark and light options would kind of be a wash for me, I don't have any good Dark stuff to use with them, and already have Kirin. Ganesha might be something to have for weekend purposes, I guess. But actively wanting 4, and having use for 2 more, gets me past that 50% margin. And I have 40 stones saved...

::Edit:: Oh my god, I want Griffin Rider Gilliam!
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-30 at 04:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

So has anyone transferred their game data to a new gizmo? I'm moving my PAD from my phone to a tablet soon-ish and just wondered how long it takes (I'm guessing not very long) and if there's any hiccups.
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post
    So has anyone transferred their game data to a new gizmo? I'm moving my PAD from my phone to a tablet soon-ish and just wondered how long it takes (I'm guessing not very long) and if there's any hiccups.
    Save your ID and your secret code, but other than that it's pretty painless. IIRC I didn't even have to put that in, the iCloud just remembered for me.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post
    I've done it several times now, on Android. The Google Play integrated makes it really easy to migrate.

Warning, though - your Favorites in your monster box won't transfer. You will need to Favorite everything again.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I've done it several times now, on Android. The Google Play integrated makes it really easy to migrate.

Warning, though - your Favorites in your monster box won't transfer. You will need to Favorite everything again.
    How does the Google Play one work? I've been curious about it a while. Do you know how it would work if I integrate my phone's account with Google Play, given that my tablet is also tied to the same Google ID? I don't want to tie an account to Google if it means I can't run a separate account on the tablet.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    How does the Google Play one work? I've been curious about it a while. Do you know how it would work if I integrate my phone's account with Google Play, given that my tablet is also tied to the same Google ID? I don't want to tie an account to Google if it means I can't run a separate account on the tablet.
    I have a hunch that you should only tie one of them to Play. I have not tried it though.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I have a hunch that you should only tie one of them to Play. I have not tried it though.
    Oh, I know. My question is this : Tablet and phone both run the same Google account. If I tie my phone to that account, does it affect what's on my tablet?

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Oh, I know. My question is this : Tablet and phone both run the same Google account. If I tie my phone to that account, does it affect what's on my tablet?
    OH! No, not unless you explicitly go in and Link the account in PAD. You need to give it permission and whatnot.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm. Its an iphone but the tablet is Android. It would make padherder easier to sync tho.
    Last edited by Klaatu B. Nikto; 2015-07-30 at 10:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Data migration is pretty fast and painless. Just download the app on your new device then type in your id and code and it's done.

I've done it a few times when I was messing around during Godfest. Just remember that you can only do it once every 30 days.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.