New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons XIII: Wake Like An Egyptian

I like pairing DQ/XQ leads for no dupes coin dungeons, since they're so reliable (and hey, it's something to use that hypermax DQ for); been running a fair bit of Alt. Tower of Nature this last rotation. ABastet/Verdandi is probably what I'd use if I ever got around to doing them on the phone account, though.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDr...pluseggfarming

TL;DR:

Limited Stamina: KotG (unless you're Rank 350+, then whichever T6 is on 1.5x drop).
    Unlimited stamina (stoning), maximum time efficiency: skydragons.
    I'm not sure I follow this. He's saying that the difference in overall egg drop rate and +egg drop rate naturally is enough that even when there's a 5x +eggs drop rate in technicals, it's often better to go to KoG instead?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    I like pairing DQ/XQ leads for no dupes coin dungeons, since they're so reliable (and hey, it's something to use that hypermax DQ for); been running a fair bit of Alt. Tower of Nature this last rotation. ABastet/Verdandi is probably what I'd use if I ever got around to doing them on the phone account, though.
    I aught to get around to those Alt. __ dungeons. I have the L/L DQ, so I have been running no-duplicate dungeons with DQ//Venus (L/D)/ LKali/Light Valk/ <Other>//XQ
    Venus is currently my only decent L/D monster, although eventually I may replace her in the line-up with Hera-Sowilo, Sonia Grand, or the upcoming Zeus & Hera. The 'other' is usually either Mini-SQ, King Shynee, or Echidna. The result is that at least five of my monsters have light main-type, but I still have every color for triggering DQXQ's leader skill.

If I eventually beat Sandolphan, I plan on UVOing my second Venus to the Light/Water form, which has an orb enhance. It could then fill the 'other' slot as a damage booster, giving me an all main-type light team (or allowing me to swap XQ for a second DQ lead and still have every color covered with subattributes).

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDr...pluseggfarming

TL;DR:

Limited Stamina: KotG (unless you're Rank 350+, then whichever T6 is on 1.5x drop).
    Unlimited stamina (stoning), maximum time efficiency: skydragons.
    I... have hit the point where KotG is not the best +egg farming spot? Wow. Hadn't realized that.

I'll definitely be looking at ABastet//Verdandi set, when I have enough worthwhile greens leveled and skilled to do that on my tablet. I'm looking forward to that day! Huh... until then, I should probably do weekend dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'm not sure I follow this. He's saying that the difference in overall egg drop rate and +egg drop rate naturally is enough that even when there's a 5x +eggs drop rate in technicals, it's often better to go to KoG instead?
    For non-IAP, generally, yes. This is because you will level up so much more often doing KoG, that you get extra stamina and can run more. So for example, two people at rank 150 doing egg hunting during a 1.5x drop Monday, one doing FT4 and one doing KoG. The person doing KoG will get less +eggs per actual stamina spent, but they will level up, getting more stamina - and thus, more runs - so they'll have more opportunities for those eggs to drop. You're stacking the "How many monsters dropped over time?" side of the equation hard enough that the "How many of those monsters had + on them?" side is forced to rise.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    Great pic! (Tho that thick haze in the sky is a bit disconcerting. I guess I'm spoiled with the clear skies here in Hawaii.)
    Shanghai is usually clear most of the time actually, I'm not sure why there was only one sunny day during my whole trip, and ironically that day had a typhoon (asian hurricane) warning that made everyone cancel all their plans and shut down the public transit..So every pic of mine has a hazy grey sky.

That drops red piis, right? I need a ton of those. What team do you plan to run for that?
    Using your Athena team with one of the leaders swapped out for Superman works fine for many of the no dupes. It's quite a bit faster than my old HorusxRa runs, though it makes it feel a lot more like farming than playing. Might be one of the reasons I didn't get bored of farming early on, since it was still stimulating with a combo lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    I... have hit the point where KotG is not the best +egg farming spot? Wow. Hadn't realized that.
    350 is the point for someone who plans on not playing anymore once they get there, since once you get high ranked your rankup exp gets rarer, and your lower ranked counterpart forever gets higher effective stam/day than you do. You stunt your future growth by rushing growth now. Especially for IAPers, who get much of their stam from...external...sources
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-07-23 at 08:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I think AShiva will be my next hypermax target. Hmm...with the current 3x normals, what's the recommended dungeon to run to farm pluses? I hope it's not weekend farming OoH or something as I'm going to a convention this weekend.
    The link covered it, but it's basically whatever T5/T6 is on x1.5, or just KotG, if you're not stoning a bunch.

You know, I never even considered doing that! It's just that her CD is so long tho...doesn't seem optimal for that team. But maybe the +297 makes up for it? I'll give it a try.
    Well, when it comes down to it, if you can get her skill up, a field of 50% red 50% black is a pretty good way to get a bunch of combos. The 297 helps a bunch. I wouldn't recommend it if you didn't have her hypermaxed.

Exactly, the no dupes is making this rotation a pain (can't use my cheese Rodin team). I heard mention of the Norns being a good choice for it, I think ABastet/Verdandi is one I saw in particular. What's the rest of your build? I'll probably copy you (as usual).
    Yeah, ABastet/Verdandi works very well. AShiva/ABastet worked quite solidly, too, having just tried it tonight. I've gotten about 15 new friends today.

Oh I got very, very lucky. I actually have 3(!) DKalis. In trying to chase Bonia (where I'm still stuck at 1 but at least she's no longer the beast she once was, so it's not a big deal anymore) the Kalis (and oddly enough, Rodin) kept coming my way as far as GFEs went. Over my playing history I actually ended up with a small pile of DMetas as well, so I'm looking forward to the day when the MP thing is introduced to NA so I can finally put them to use. They're 6* so if I sell a couple it will get me a decent ways towards Shiva dragon.
    Hate.

You must have one badass friend list, man. I've been getting more friend requests lately and have been pretty much accepting them all. I should probably be more selective.
    I'm really well-set, yeah. SA has as great, active PAD community with a lot of high-ranked folks; I have Unknown_PC on my list, for example, who's got all the good monsters. Having a 297 Ra helped a bunch, too; I'm with a bunch of whales.

I'm actually not very selective with the friends I accept. A lot of veterans from SA let me leech of their good leaders early on, and I try to repay the favor by accepting low-ranked folks with iffy leads all the time. I have a 290(?) capacity list, and once in a while I just go and weed out people who haven't been playing for (15/30/60) days, excepting people I actually know IRL.

This most recent "10 randos" thing is going to do wonders.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    350 is the point for someone who plans on not playing anymore once they get there, since once you get high ranked your rankup exp gets rarer, and your lower ranked counterpart forever gets higher effective stam/day than you do. You stunt your future growth by rushing growth now. Especially for IAPers, who get much of their stam from...external...sources
    Yeah, I'm not so worried about ranking up on my phone nowadays. Considering I can comfortably field my A.Anubis//DIza/DIza/Infinity Zaerog/Infinity Zaerog//A.Anubis team, cost-wise, at this point, despite those zaerogs having 99 cost? And honestly, 200 stamina is plenty. Though I do look forward to the day I hit 300 stamina, because then I could in theory not play for a full 24 hours and still not waste stamina. That'd be pretty awesome.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Adjusted for increased effective stamina due to rank up refreshes, yes.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Adjusted for increased effective stamina due to rank up refreshes, yes.
    Yep, once you can farm KotG, it's top notch in quite a few ways, Rank XP not the least of them. Takes a while to get there, mind you, but once you can ... welp.

A major advantage to Normals over Technicals is that Normals don't drop pengdra. Pengdra, being Enhance Material, will never show up with a + on their egg. (You can feed them +'s later, of course, but they will never appear like that.)

(If OoH is more your speed, farm it instead, by all means. It's always been known as a great place to get +eggs, even back before +egg dungeons were a thing and +297'd monsters were only owned by mega-whales. What's kind of funny is that I remember when Neptune's 72k defense was a crazy puzzle you needed special monsters and intense planning to get past - Lilith, friend Shivas, gimmick teams with Knights, etc. I fondly remember putting together a Cuchu 9x Wood Balance team specifically for that dungeon. Nowadays, it's child's play to smash him with most teams.)

From everything I understand, the +egg drop rate on 3x Normals is amazing. So if you have no other plans for your stamina this event, this is the best place to spend it.
    Last edited by obryn; 2015-07-24 at 12:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, enhance material monsters never drop with a plus. Awakening material monsters, on the other hand...

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Yep, enhance material monsters never drop with a plus. Awakening material monsters, on the other hand...
    Yup, I've gotten two or three +Tamadra from running Fagan.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

7/23 on Sparkles skillups. Only took me 9 stones and a rank up to get them both to max; that's a lot better than the 20 I was expecting (and didn't have). Looks like I'll get to do some good +egg farming this event after all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

7/23 on Sparkles skillups. Only took me 9 stones and a rank up to get them both to max; that's a lot better than the 20 I was expecting (and didn't have). Looks like I'll get to do some good +egg farming this event after all.
    Sweet, congratulations!

::Edit:: Evo Carnival wasn't so great for me so far. Both accounts had 75+ pulls stored plus two of the 2k pal point rewards, and of everything they each pulled, 99% of what they got was excess materials. Lots of golds, but my tablet wanted some blue dragon fruit or gold keepers, and instead got seven or so mystic masks. My phone wanted mostly jewels, and despite 95 regular pulls saved up and the two 2k boosts, did not get a single jewel. It did get two keeper of gold in its first ten pulls, which really just rubbed salt in the wound - if I had those on my tablet, I would now have ult Goemon and Kali. The most useful thing I got on either account? Tablet got two jewels, which will one day be useful for Ult Karin, I guess. My phone got a single dark divine mask, which I was hoping for so I could evolve Durga for my girlfriend's use.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-24 at 08:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

I got a gold keeper and a rainbow keeper, which will save me 80 stamina, I suppose.

What I need more than anything right now, though, are red-lits. Not the dubs. The little guys.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    I got a gold keeper and a rainbow keeper, which will save me 80 stamina, I suppose.

What I need more than anything right now, though, are red-lits. Not the dubs. The little guys.
    When I'm low on those lits, I'll use the low level dungeons as a stamina sink, to collect PAL points from best friends who added me that I wouldn't otherwise use. Seems to work out decently well.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

So I feel a bit stupid this morning. Decided to pull the PAL machine with my 10k points (50 pulls) for some rare evo material. I pulled 20, and having seen only 1 gold (tamadra) I stopped and looked again, apparently this is the special 500 point evo only machine. Didn't even think about seeing a 3rd machine, with so many collab machines recently.
    Ended up with a blue and green mask and a red jewel. 7 of the stupid blue masks, only need one more green (and some leveling up and evo'ing) for BestCat.

Of course what I had been missing for a while was dub-topalits, and I went from 0 to 3. Two of those were from Friday in search of a dub-myth for Cao Cao.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

I just got 3 +eggs out of 5 drops on Jupiter City In the Sky / Isolated City in the Sky.

First impressions? 3x normals is

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

3x Normals is love. I will show a pic of my haul when I finish, but as of right now it's fantastic.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

3x Normals is love. I will show a pic of my haul when I finish, but as of right now it's fantastic.
    My luck has plummeted. Still probably just as good as Star Vault per stamina, but

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

One bar of stamina on KoG:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

One bar of stamina on KoG:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome.

I am running x1.5 drops on T5 and T6 today, myself. This weekend will be KotGfest.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Oh snap, I should be doing that. Whoops. EDIT: Actually due to rank XP probably not.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-07-24 at 01:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't that last stage usually the best? Better drops from being harder and more floors? Or is it a loss because of the sub-boss floors? At any rate 3 runs of Jupiter: Lightning Dragons of the Skies has netted me exactly 0 +eggs and a dub-topalit.

The 2 free stones for each of the dragon infestations is going to be nice.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Last stage is 7 drop floors / 17 stam, as opposed to 5 / 14 for the others, so stam-wise, yes, it's more efficient. Lower floors can be done with ROdin/Goemon teams though, which is much more time-efficient.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm running an Athena team, I can match an sub-color mass attack and clear most stages and a TPA with one or two other combos will clear the sub bosses and boss. I don't see how Goemon could be much faster.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Not a traditional Goemon team, just the challenge mode(/Kauai) version with 5 max skill ROdin subs. Clear floors 1-6 with actives, swipe to kill boss. (I've never actually used it myself as I lack the friends, but still, actives are faster than comboing, however trivial the combos.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I'm running an Athena team, I can match an sub-color mass attack and clear most stages and a TPA with one or two other combos will clear the sub bosses and boss. I don't see how Goemon could be much faster.
    Its cause ROdin all you do is click the actives. Substantially faster than having to match and watch orbs bounce.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I need one jewel of fire and Leilan just refuses to invade for me. Soon as I get that I'm dumping all my stamina into KoG, which I've got down to a guaranteed clear. I desire the +eggs.

Oh, also though, make sure you do the red dragon dungeons today. They're NEW, meaning it's 70 stamina for 2 magic stones!!!!

Edit: and suddenly Leilan first round invade. I swear, griping here is a good luck charm.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-07-24 at 01:52 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, also though, make sure you do the red dragon dungeons today. They're NEW, meaning it's 70 stamina for 2 magic stones!!!!
    I was just coming here to post about that!

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. It'll amount to 10 stones for 700 stamina before it's all said and done, and it's hard to say no to that.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anybody have any advice for a player who's hit a stonewall at Tower of Flare? I'm about ready to quit the game entirely because I can't deal enough damage or heal enough damage to survive it, and I have no mats for UVOing an Ogre.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem