New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Default Re: Haversill III: Return of the Donkey

Getty

"Goodbye, Pleshnaril. I hope to lay my ocular orbs upon you once again after an indeterminate increment of time!" She picks up the three sun rods and places them on the donkey as she waits for the creatures to make themselves known.

Once she sees Tom is intact, as well as the others, she grins from ear to ear. "It is good to see you still roughly in the condition I left you in, young Tom. My apologies for not becoming kidnapped like the rest of you. It was far more entertaining to make my capture as frustrating as possible." The bleeding on Getty's leg and arm has stopped, and while she's a little pale, in general she seems to be in good spirits.

{10/18 HPs}
    Last edited by kariokie; 2007-05-16 at 11:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Mallain

Mallain sits fairly quietly, examining what appear to be burn marks on his clothes. "Huh...after you shot us,why did you throw" he sniffs and examines a burn on his chest "Acid?" He looks at the centaurs. "You sprinkled acid on me?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

"Acid? We didn't use acid. None of us actually harmed any of you, we just carried you all around."

4. - Top - End - #94

GreataxeFighterGirl

Getty

"I threw a small amount of acid on you in an attempt to rouse you after you proved so simple to apprehend. I am actually shocked -- you claim a high drinking tolerance, yet one of those arrows put you down. It took two for me." Getty smirks. "And they wasted many, many more projectiles just attempting to shoot me in the first place."

5. - Top - End - #95

SolithKnightGuy

Tom

"Acid? Good thing I bought this leather clothing; I'd hate to ruin my clothes ag-GAH!" Tom exclaims as he notices the raw burn - and more importantly the hole in his leather leggings - from the acid.

6. - Top - End - #96

GreataxeFighterGirl

Getty

"It supplements your character, Tom. You do not want to wear pristine leathers. Then you appear an easy mark." Grinning, she adds, "Though I admit it would have been much more pleasurable to mar your previous outfit."

7. - Top - End - #97

SolithKnightGuy

Tom

Tom opens his mouth, to make some witty rejoinder, when he notices Getty's own bloodstained clothing. "What in tarnation did you do to yourself? Here...let's see if we can't fix you right up..."

Tom tries to will reality to bend, such that Getty's wounds disappear...but something goes horribly wrong, as he finds himself pulled towards a stream not of his choosing...

{
    Life Seed DC 9: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3 So -7...darn 1
    5/7 SP
    }

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

The stream Tom finds himself sucked into throws the power back in his face, slapping him hard. He is rocked physically as if by a great force. Though he keeps his feet, a long, shallow slash opens on his cheek and starts to drip blood on his leather shirt.

{
    1 point of damage for Tom
    }

9. - Top - End - #99

SolithKnightGuy

Tom

Tom staggers back from the mystical assault. Recovering himself, he only says, "Whoa..."

Shaking his head to clear it, he refocuses, "Let's try that again, without the angry reality..."

{
    (1d20+2)[21] Heal DC 9 for 5 points on Getty
    4/7 SP, 9/11 HP
    }

10. - Top - End - #100

Allard

Allard looks at his clothes, shrugs, and morphs into a dire wolf.

11. - Top - End - #101

GreataxeFighterGirl

Getty

She watches him with concern when the spell backfires, but she'd grown used to it with Zott and knew it was likely only a small hurt. When he finally is able to cast the spell, Getty smiles gratefully, "Thank you, young Tom. I was so excited with the presence of the precious precocious pixie Pleshnaril that I did not notice I was so seriously wounded."

{HP: 15/18}

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Mallain

Mallain, who has been playing his lute quietly, stands up looking rejuvinated. Giving a slight chuckle on Tom's mishap, Mallain "Allard, what about you, can I mend any of your wou..." He pauses as he sees that yet again, Allard has transformed into a dog. "Your dog form is getting progressively larger, and meaner looking. I...commend you?" He trails off, not really sure what to say, then moves over and sings softly over Getty, then Tom.

"So then, what's the plan now? Go after the driad again (which I don't recommend), head back to town, or go explore those stairs we found earlier?"

soothingsong - (1d6)[6] points healed on Mallain
    soothingsong2 - (1d6)[6] points healed on Getty
    soothingsong3 - (1d6)[5] points healed on Tom

--Edit--
    Wow...that's some nice rolling.

HP: 10/10
    Songs left: er...I think 3. Let me go double check that.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2007-05-18 at 10:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

GreataxeFighterGirl

Getty

"I would appreciate an opportunity to explore those stairs, indeed!" She looks at the centaurs, but also addresses the thin air in her query, "We discovered a stairway leading down, with a trap present. Do any of you individuals have any information regarding its nature?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've never been inside." Fareltash shrugs. "Nothing comes out, we don't go in. It's been there longer than I have been alive." The other centaurs nod at this.

Pleshnaril's small voice comes from about where it was standing before it went invisible. "Weird plants down there. There is one bigger than me that snaps when you get near. Kleenast almost lost a wing to it. We don't go in any farther than that. I think it's some sort of old living place, though. Dwarves, maybe. They like being underground. It's been there a really, really long time."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Mallain

"Do you think the Dryad would allow us into the woods to investigate?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

All four centaurs turn to look at Mallain with blank stares. Then one starts to laugh, and the other three do, too. While they chortle, the pixie's voice, sounding as if it is busy giggling a little, too, rings out. "Um, guys. Okleena can't go very far from her tree. If she wants anyone to kick you out again, she's gonna have to bargain for it. The rats won't let her just tell the squirrels what to do, either. Favor for a favor. That's how it works here."

17. - Top - End - #107

SolithKnightGuy

Tom

"Well then, I done thinks we gots ourselves an adventure in store. Though I ain't too fond of runnin' into any man-eatin', nor sprite-eatin', plants." Tom shudders a bit recalling the last encounter with a shambling plant creature.

"You all don't mind we crash your home here to poke our ever-lovin' noses into places that don't belong, do ya?" Tom says to the centaurs, with a wry grin.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Fareltash stops laughing first and, still grinning, shakes his head. "Go right ahead." With that the four centaurs back up and head into the forest once again.

Pleashnaril looks positively excited. "I can show you the way!"

19. - Top - End - #109

GreataxeFighterGirl

Getty

"Fabulous, Pleashnaril! You should certainly accompany us on our subterranean excursion if you so desire, as well." Getty puts away the sun rods, two on her belt and one on Heecor, before replacing the other items she'd used. Grabbing the donkey's lead, she announces cheerfully, "I am prepared!"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Mallain

"Eh, I have nothing else pressing to do, so I suppose I'm ready as well."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

The pixie chirps excitedly and starts zipping through the trees. Pleshnaril stops rather suddenly, realizing you all can't keep up with it as it flies along. Once you all catch up, it moves at a less excitable pace, making sure you all keep up. "So this plant, it's really big, and mean." Pleshnaril's small hands dart out repeatedly in an apparent impersonation of the plant's aggression. "It's all, snap, snap, snap! And whap, whap, whap!" Flying backwards while you all follow, it seems to know where the trees are and avoids them deftly. "So, you're, like, genuine heroes, right? I've seen a hero before, you know. There was this one that had to save his lover from some tragic fate at the hands of a necromancer or something." Pleshnaril frowns. "It was a really good story, but I hardly remember any of it." Then a shrug and the frown evaporates. "But who cares?! You're here, not him. So, have you done anything really heroic recently? Any tragic love stories? Quashing evil foes against unbelievable odds?"

22. - Top - End - #112

SolithKnightGuy

Tom

If squirrels could talk, they'd probably sound like this guy.

"I don't know about the hero stuff, but we normally just end up gettin' munched on by some exotic and strange fauna."

Thinking on it a bit, Tom adds, "We did rescue a misunderstood vampire jus' the other day."

23. - Top - End - #113

GreataxeFighterGirl

Getty

She grins at Tom. He said fauna! Instead of 'critters'!

"We did indeed assist a good vampire. I had no conception that undead could be benign, but sure enough Silas is benevolent!" Getty begins to think of everything else they've done. "We recovered a diminutive human offspring from a hole. Thwarted a wretched spirit with a penchant for licking hapless adventurers in their slumber. Travelled to a dimension of questionable reasonableness. Were captured by an ill-mannered dwarf. Returned the favor and captured the diminutive doorknob of a dwarf, turning her over to the proper authorities. Assisted a ghost in returning to life, though he swiftly met his own demise again. Two dragons plummeted on one of our drinking sessions. Oh, and most recently," she pokes her finger at Pleshnaril, "we were perforated -- some of us repeatedly -- by denizens of the forest." She grins again, letting him know there are no hard feelings.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow..." Pleshnaril continues to fly backwards, but smacks straight into a tree. It falls to the forest floor with a grunt, then gets back up on all fours, shakes its head and stands back up. Taking a moment to focus on Getty again, it says, "a real, live vampire?"

25. - Top - End - #115

GreataxeFighterGirl

Getty

"He was undeniably a vampire, and indeed tangible. However, I do not believe anyone going by the 'undead' descriptor could indeed also be thought of as 'live'." Getty grins. "It was tremendously exciting. Though meeting a pixie is certainly a highlight of our adventures as well!"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Pleshnaril squeals with delight. "This way! It's this way." It starts off again, leading the way, and you are soon standing at the top of the stair again.

27. - Top - End - #117

SolithKnightGuy

Tom

Once again peering down the stone stairs, Tom gets a bad feeling about all this. The last time they encountered a mobile plant, it almost turned him to fertilizer. Still...fortune favored the brave, or so uncle Clydus always used to say. Wasn't he the one who got killed sneaking into an ogre's cave?

"Wasn't there some sort of contraption on these here stairs?" Tom looks up at the sky, trying to gauge the remaining daylight.

28. - Top - End - #118

GreataxeFighterGirl

Getty

"Indeed, young Tom, excellent recollection." Getty checks the third step, to see if it's still wedged in place. "Do not step there," she says, pointing it out once again.

Lighting a sun rod and drawing her short sword, she begins to carefully lead the way down the staircase, looking for additional traps. At the bottom, she stops everyone and peers into the darkness, then tilts her head, trying to hear any sign of life within. Finally, she'll begin leading the way again, still looking for traps.

{Search! (1d20+9=12)
    Spot! (1d20+7=27) (37)
    Listen! (1d20+7=26)
    Search! (1d20+9=14)}

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Mallain

Mallain falls in line behind the others silently, peering cautiously into the pit, hoping his elven eyes would spot something where others might miss it.

spot - (1d20+4)[19]
    listen - (1d20+4)[9]

30. - Top - End - #120

SolithKnightGuy

Tom

Nonchalantly following behind Getty, Tom decides to distract his own disquiet by addressing the pixie-sprite-forest-thing. "So Pleshy, what here was that there thing down in here? And what is this place? Some sort of old dead king's tomb or somethin'?"