Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Why is this spoilered? I hate the fact so many mostly American websites only accept credit cards. Not everyone has one of these...



    I feel like Endeavor does know what is wrong, he wants to know how he can be more like AM..possibly.
    Reflexes!

    Endeavor is a hero. At the end of the day he is a good person, regardless of his personal flaws. Dude knows what's up.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  2. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Reflexes!

    Endeavor is a hero. At the end of the day he is a good person, regardless of his personal flaws. Dude knows what's up.
    Sorry, I was replying to Spacewolf with the latter part. Screwed that up..

    BTW, Cammie must be really crazy powerful if she manages to stay in the academy despite being such a ditz. Then again, UA also hasn't kicked out Mineta yet.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  3. - Top - End - #1413
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Sorry, I was replying to Spacewolf with the latter part. Screwed that up..

    BTW, Cammie must be really crazy powerful if she manages to stay in the academy despite being such a ditz. Then again, UA also hasn't kicked out Mineta yet.
    Cammie, ultimately, seems like the classic no hoper. She has all the raw talent required to get ahead, but is genuinely too unmotivated or otherwise stupid to actually DO that. She's like if Bakugo was actually garbage.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Cammie, ultimately, seems like the classic no hoper. She has all the raw talent required to get ahead, but is genuinely too unmotivated or otherwise stupid to actually DO that. She's like if Bakugo was actually garbage.
    Its perhaps a little early to say when we has only seen her after being drugged for 5 days. And she does not seem that ditsy either, it can still be she is a combat progedy.

    For that matter, its not even directly certain if its raw talent that pushes Bakugo forward, or if its his drive to be the best. As All Might mentioned, whenever he sees a wall he decides to smash though it.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  5. - Top - End - #1415
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Its perhaps a little early to say when we has only seen her after being drugged for 5 days. And she does not seem that ditsy either, it can still be she is a combat progedy.

    For that matter, its not even directly certain if its raw talent that pushes Bakugo forward, or if its his drive to be the best. As All Might mentioned, whenever he sees a wall he decides to smash though it.
    I mean Bakugo's clearly got raw talent behind him, same as Todoroki. But I mean the differentiation between raw talent and talented backed by skill is like, a super fine line so whatever.

    Point is I don't think Cammie's going to be important and that's fine.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  6. - Top - End - #1416
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    new chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Our heroes are really bad at dealing with kids. Kids are tough to deal with. Then they get the idea of just showing off their powers to em...which incites the kids to start using THEIR quirks. This'll be good.

    Meanwhile Endeavor makes it clear that what he WANTS is to be his own type of symbol of peace, but he genuinely doesn't know how, and the fact that he doesn't know how to be the best version of himself is really sad.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  7. - Top - End - #1417
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Cozzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    I liked the little moment where
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bakugo was bringing up how kids need to be "put in their place", then remembered Shoto's actually abusive childhood and avoided pushing the issue. Shoto trying to be more of a people person and failing was good too. This breather arc reminds me a bit of the part where they show each student's room after the AfO vs OfA fight.

  8. - Top - End - #1418
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    I liked the little moment where
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bakugo was bringing up how kids need to be "put in their place", then remembered Shoto's actually abusive childhood and avoided pushing the issue. Shoto trying to be more of a people person and failing was good too. This breather arc reminds me a bit of the part where they show each student's room after the AfO vs OfA fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

    It's especially good because as we've seen, Bakugo was raised that way. His mom hits him. But she hits him in the way an adult, for lack of a better term, "should" hit a child. As a reprimend and never with actual intent to harm. So for him that's "normal" but even still he realizes that what Todoroki went through is more than that and he holds back.

    Tellin' you guys. Bakugo's a good man. He's just Very Mad.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  9. - Top - End - #1419
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    New Chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    What a ****ing cute chapter. This is probably one of the cutest, best ways this could of gone. Our heroes tricked the kids into giving them all they needed to make a gigantic slide for everyone. Also Cammie made EVEN BAKUGO LAUGH. Bakugo, the angriest man on the face of the Earth, broke down because of her line about being salty as **** that the school doesn't let them have relationships, and about her disguise as Todoroki.

    Also hey we know Camie's quirk now. Which explains how Toga was able to disguise herself as her so easily, their quirks are juuust similar enough in appearance. But yeah this was really cute, and really nice, especially Bakugo's line to the uptight kid about what looking down on others makes you do to yourself. Told you all Bakugo's good.

    God bless this series.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  10. - Top - End - #1420
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New Chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    What a ****ing cute chapter. This is probably one of the cutest, best ways this could of gone. Our heroes tricked the kids into giving them all they needed to make a gigantic slide for everyone. Also Cammie made EVEN BAKUGO LAUGH. Bakugo, the angriest man on the face of the Earth, broke down because of her line about being salty as **** that the school doesn't let them have relationships, and about her disguise as Todoroki.

    Also hey we know Camie's quirk now. Which explains how Toga was able to disguise herself as her so easily, their quirks are juuust similar enough in appearance. But yeah this was really cute, and really nice, especially Bakugo's line to the uptight kid about what looking down on others makes you do to yourself. Told you all Bakugo's good.

    God bless this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakugo
    If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognize your own weakness.
    Look who has learned a lesson

    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah, this was a fun chapter. I might argue Endeavor is more angry than Bakugo but... okay, maybe not more angry.. ah, whatever. It's fun. It was a pretty good solution to the problem, albeit the quirk singularity thing... well, we'll see if it keeps coming up. Maybe we can save discussion on that for later. Or never.
    And... kudos for cammie. I'd abuse that quirk to no end... for good, of course.
    Also: Pretty adorable cover page.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  11. - Top - End - #1421
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Look who has learned a lesson

    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah, this was a fun chapter. I might argue Endeavor is more angry than Bakugo but... okay, maybe not more angry.. ah, whatever. It's fun. It was a pretty good solution to the problem, albeit the quirk singularity thing... well, we'll see if it keeps coming up. Maybe we can save discussion on that for later. Or never.
    And... kudos for cammie. I'd abuse that quirk to no end... for good, of course.
    Also: Pretty adorable cover page.
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Quirk Singularity feels like it's just a theoretical thing like how Overhaul came from a philosophical belief that quirks are an infection. It's just world building, which doesn't have to be entirely true or false.

    Also god Mic's line on that is fantastic. I wasn't able to do this! Physically...mentally...legally....
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-01-12 at 01:22 PM.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    John Cribati's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    How many generations has it been? I'd expect "Quirk Singularity" to start happening within 4 or 5 generations, but the fact that Quirk Marriage had been a thing probably drops the estimate to 3 or 4.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2018-01-12 at 08:29 PM.

    Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

  13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Hah.. i think you forgot a 0 on that estimate. That there are someone like Deku shows that it also runs the other way, that Quirks vanishes again.
    And we have not seen any noticeable difference in power between the generations.

    Also, 3 to 4 generations means there is an extremely blatant leap of power between each generation, but since its a theory that clearly not to many know about, instead of an accepted fact. Then the power leap clearly cant be that obvious.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    John Cribati's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Hah.. i think you forgot a 0 on that estimate. That there are someone like Deku shows that it also runs the other way, that Quirks vanishes again.
    And we have not seen any noticeable difference in power between the generations.

    Also, 3 to 4 generations means there is an extremely blatant leap of power between each generation, but since its a theory that clearly not to many know about, instead of an accepted fact. Then the power leap clearly cant be that obvious.
    Well for one, cases where two Quirked parents produce a Quirkless child are super rare, and for 2 Quirklessness is clearly on a decline, given it was already uncommon in All Might's day and even rarer in the current generation.

    Besides, I'm more talking about the mixing of powers aspect of it. Unless everyone immediately segregates by specific categories, Quirks are already mixing by the first generation post-quirks. I'd imagine most Quirk Marriages are either expected to result in a better version of their own power (e.g. two weak telekinetics hoping for a stronger kid) or more variety in ability (e.g. Endeavor breeding for IVs I. Canon), so maybe it doesn't bring ot a whole generation closer, but normally you'd basically the children of generation n will have the potential of 2^n quirks.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2018-01-13 at 06:38 AM.

    Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

  15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Hmm.. well.. we dont know if its actually super rare that 2 quirked parents produce a quirkless child, but we are not given any numbers on it.
    And the quirkless are not that rare again. We are told they are about 20 % of the population.

    And yes i am not arguing against the diversity of powers increasing, but thats very far from the quirk singularity you talk about. A quirk singularity would be something on the line of everyone having the same quirk, and that quirk being all the quirks.

    Meanwhile arranged Marriages are unlikely to make any noticeable impact upon the gene poor. We have so far only been told of 1 person comming from those, and it has been shown to be rather ineffective, with Endevor having a lot of kids before hitting the perfect combo.

    If anything Quirk marriages would push away from a singularity instead. As the one we have seen focuses in a specific direction, thermal control, instead of making weird comboes like fire powers+electricity.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    John Cribati's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Again, it's less about the "everyone has the same quirk" aspect and more about "quirks start mixing to fairly ridiculous results" idea. I'm no geneticist but I figure out would take millions of years of highly selective breeding to get everyone with the same power.

    From what I remember, there's a 50% chance of developing one or both of your parent's quirks (Izuku could have developed his mother's "pull" telekinesis or his father's fire breath, or both), some smaller chance of developing a quirk that's some mutation of one of your parent's quirks (push instead of/in addition to pull/some other breath or fire-based power) an even smaller chance of something unrelated to your parents (Super Strength), and a smaller chance than that to be entirely quirkless. I'd guesstimate the "mutant" option to be a 15-20% chance and put "entirely unrelated" at 5-10%, so by my best guess, Quirkless from two Quirked parents is probably 20-30%.

    And again, Quirklessness is still declining. Even if it's still happening, and it probably is going to keep happening, I feel like it would reach a point where 5% or less are Quirkless sitting 2 generations.

    And again, quirks are going to mix unless everyone starts segregating themselves, or doing some inverse where they only marry people with quirks that actively work against each other somehow.

    Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

  17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    I dont remember having been given any official sources on quirk distribution. If you have a direct source then your welcome to share.

    But to repeat, what your describing is not quirk singularity. Its just the development of new quirks. Thats already happening.

    Quirk singularity is described as "as the generations pass, quirks will continue mixing together and deepen. They will get stronger and more complicated, to the point where nobody will be able to control them"

    But unless the average power level of quirks actually rise, then its unlikely this will come to pass.
    If instead the actual power level of quirks just follow a stable fluctuation, like.. 2-3 being quirkless.. and 12 being Fire/Ice guy on the roll of 2d6, then these kids are simply just a kindergarden full of Bakugo's.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Hey, just wanted to ask a question im sure is obvious. Ive watched a few clips of the anime, found it really interesting and entertaining indeed, but I was wondering about midoriya and his ability to use the all might power. Is it mainly his own physical stats that are holding him back in how much he can use? Like, if he basically pulled a rock lee and dedicated his life to training himself to be faster, stronger, tougher, he would be able to use more and more additional power safely? Or is there more to it than that? Like, its about control, and the more he uses, the weaker his control over it is, so it hurts him more? So only experience using it will make him better at using it?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  19. - Top - End - #1429
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Hey, just wanted to ask a question im sure is obvious. Ive watched a few clips of the anime, found it really interesting and entertaining indeed, but I was wondering about midoriya and his ability to use the all might power. Is it mainly his own physical stats that are holding him back in how much he can use? Like, if he basically pulled a rock lee and dedicated his life to training himself to be faster, stronger, tougher, he would be able to use more and more additional power safely? Or is there more to it than that? Like, its about control, and the more he uses, the weaker his control over it is, so it hurts him more? So only experience using it will make him better at using it?
    It's the former but also the later. You can practice and practice and buff yourself up all you want, but you still need to actually learn how to control the power. He's getting good at it, don't worry.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    John Cribati's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Both. He starts out pushing more power into his limbs than they are strong enough to handle, so he has to learn how to not toss out 100% of his power every time, but he also need to build his body's resilience so he can eventually use his full power if he has to.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2018-01-14 at 02:01 PM.

    Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

  21. - Top - End - #1431
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Hey droogs My Hero Vigilantes has chapters 16 to 21 (the one we're on up to the latest one) available free for viewing on the Viz shonen jump site. Go get em.

    Spoilers they're all ****ing fantastic god I missed vigilantes.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  22. - Top - End - #1432
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Haruspex_Pariah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malaysia

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Sadly, I appear to be region-locked or something. I can access the website just fine, but not the specific thing you linked to. Oh well.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika.

    Casual Hearthstone and WoW player. But I'll talk about anything really.

    Riviss son of Cage, goatman in the Nexus FFRP (on hiatus).

  23. - Top - End - #1433
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Dang. That sucks =/

    The good news is Shonen Jump is 25 dollars a year for the whole magazine and everything they produce so it's literally a crime not to take this deal.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    New chapter of the main series is out as well and it's abit of a weird one.

  25. - Top - End - #1435
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

    A really good ending to the arc, and then it's back to school stuff. Deku's a bit more intense and standing out more, so that's nice development to see.

    Also Aoyami might be captured and replaced by Toga. He might also just be REALLY CREEPY. Um...alrighty then!


    Also, here's a recap of what all happened in Vigilantes, if curious...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Koichi's Mom appeared! Lots of hijinks ensue! We learn that her quirk is that she can shoot out compressed air from her hands, which she uses to smack people. The bee girl uses her quirk to make a cat go crazy, taking over a bus and turning it into the Cat Bus from Hell! Koichi saves the day (and also lets slip the secrets of the Vigilante Squad to the lie detector lady) but in doing so showcases an upgrade, albeit one he cannot control or make direct use of just yet: he can in fact just outright fly with jet boots of air! That's rad as hell.

    And then we got up to silly crazy hijinks as they start setting Popstep to become a cool idol everyone can love. But the bee girl is gonna crash the party.

    Oh also she's Knuckle's daughter and she may of killed/crippled their Mom with bee powers and has been murdering people with bees to live in their homes and using bees to animated and control corpses, including fellow students. Holy ****.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  26. - Top - End - #1436
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Haruspex_Pariah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malaysia

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Well that was out of the blue

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice conclusion to the arc, and now the whole class is on even footing.

    Aoyama is a spy? A traitor? A...stalker? Jamming cheese into another person's mouth is kind of...intrusive,
    and I doubt he and Deku are close enough to make that even remotely normal (Deku's reaction being a big clue).

    That final panel is hells creepy though, whatever the truth is.

    Best case scenario, he got Toga'd. Worst case, this is who he really is. Though I'm curious as to how "my classmate is a creepy stalker" will play out in a superhero shonen manga. Are we being set up for a tragic high school character drama turn.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika.

    Casual Hearthstone and WoW player. But I'll talk about anything really.

    Riviss son of Cage, goatman in the Nexus FFRP (on hiatus).

  27. - Top - End - #1437
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Well... now that's a turn for the creepy...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah, the end of the last arc (mini-arc, I guess) wasnice all around. Maybe except for... I still can't remember his Name... hurricane guy punching himself. A bit too weird. But oh well. Endeavor was actually charming for once.

    As for Aoyama... being Toga'd seems most likely after that cheese incident but... does this mean she can copy quirks? I mean, they still do Training, right? She can't mimic a Navel laser with shape shifting... Or Aoyama was a spy for a while.. he was the one to make Gravitygal realize her Feelings... or something.

    sidenotes: Is there a mistake in the Translation about Eri's horn? "it shrinks as heat builds up"? Seems counterintuitive to me.

    sidenote 2: Almost tempted to check that math exercise... but unless I want to spend a huge amount of work I'd probably Need to look up some suitable shortcut equation. Also, in Cammie's words: Japanese Schools be whack, yo.


    Gotta dig up those vigilantes somewhere...
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  28. - Top - End - #1438
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well... now that's a turn for the creepy...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah, the end of the last arc (mini-arc, I guess) wasnice all around. Maybe except for... I still can't remember his Name... hurricane guy punching himself. A bit too weird. But oh well. Endeavor was actually charming for once.

    As for Aoyama... being Toga'd seems most likely after that cheese incident but... does this mean she can copy quirks? I mean, they still do Training, right? She can't mimic a Navel laser with shape shifting... Or Aoyama was a spy for a while.. he was the one to make Gravitygal realize her Feelings... or something.

    sidenotes: Is there a mistake in the Translation about Eri's horn? "it shrinks as heat builds up"? Seems counterintuitive to me.

    sidenote 2: Almost tempted to check that math exercise... but unless I want to spend a huge amount of work I'd probably Need to look up some suitable shortcut equation. Also, in Cammie's words: Japanese Schools be whack, yo.


    Gotta dig up those vigilantes somewhere...
    Spoiler
    Show

    The translation is bad because this is a fan translation. I'm going to get a subscription to Shonen Jump and will fix any errors the illegal scans feed to us. My personal guess is that Aoyama is just a weirdo who's in love with Deku and has...difficulties with it because he cannot stop twinkling.


    I linked the Vigilantes! Here is the link again! Again, assuming you live in a country where Shonen Jump magazine actually...works, you can read em all for free.


    Burst Zodi by Pinkhaired August. Bang Bang, You're Dead.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well... now that's a turn for the creepy...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah, the end of the last arc (mini-arc, I guess) wasnice all around. Maybe except for... I still can't remember his Name... hurricane guy punching himself. A bit too weird. But oh well. Endeavor was actually charming for once.

    As for Aoyama... being Toga'd seems most likely after that cheese incident but... does this mean she can copy quirks? I mean, they still do Training, right? She can't mimic a Navel laser with shape shifting... Or Aoyama was a spy for a while.. he was the one to make Gravitygal realize her Feelings... or something.

    sidenotes: Is there a mistake in the Translation about Eri's horn? "it shrinks as heat builds up"? Seems counterintuitive to me.

    sidenote 2: Almost tempted to check that math exercise... but unless I want to spend a huge amount of work I'd probably Need to look up some suitable shortcut equation. Also, in Cammie's words: Japanese Schools be whack, yo.


    Gotta dig up those vigilantes somewhere...
    The Translation I saw said the horn shrank as her Fever went down.

  30. - Top - End - #1440
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    The translation is bad because this is a fan translation. I'm going to get a subscription to Shonen Jump and will fix any errors the illegal scans feed to us. My personal guess is that Aoyama is just a weirdo who's in love with Deku and has...difficulties with it because he cannot stop twinkling.


    I linked the Vigilantes! Here is the link again! Again, assuming you live in a country where Shonen Jump magazine actually...works, you can read em all for free.
    Yeah, I noticed. But I forgot to mention it's locked for me as well... Oh Germany, thou are a cruel mistress. (Yes, I know I could probably use some IP scrambler or something but... If they want my business, they should make it available here? Okay, that sounds kind of mean. Maybe I'll loom for a way around it...


    @Spacewolf I wouldn't be surprised if Aoyama was gay (not because of his behavior of cource but because of Kohei being apparently open to the idea) but this would still be pretty damn weird behavior.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •