Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1401
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    My impression were that he got the regeneration after he had recovered on his own from the wounds All might gave him, so it wont do him any good at this point.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    That is also the impression I got.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Merellis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Under an Orange Sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: Chapter 60
    Show
    Well, Bakugou and Deku are screwed. GO GO WONDER DUO, DON'T SCREW IT UP TOO MUCH.

    I honestly really like that they've been using machines to battle in order to avoid too much scrutiny in the world of heroes. But given the changes they see coming, forcing team battles, and more battles towards those with differing quirks is very nice.

    Glad the teachers have decided that the next generation of heroes need to be prepared.

    But still, those two are screwed.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Spoiler: Chapter 60
    Show
    Well, Bakugou and Deku are screwed. GO GO WONDER DUO, DON'T SCREW IT UP TOO MUCH.

    I honestly really like that they've been using machines to battle in order to avoid too much scrutiny in the world of heroes. But given the changes they see coming, forcing team battles, and more battles towards those with differing quirks is very nice.

    Glad the teachers have decided that the next generation of heroes need to be prepared.

    But still, those two are screwed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree. Touching on why the robots had been used is a nice attention to detail I like. I also like how everyone is being teamed together in a sensible way. Though you're right, Deku and Bakugou working today...to defeat All Might. They're suuuuper screwed.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    There is sadly not to much to actually discuss in the chapter, besides how the general quality of it is really high.
    The personalities continue to be engaging without being to one-dimensional or boring.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Though who is screwed?
    I guess thats mainly a question off how much of All Might there is left.
    I am glad that Deku can use his strenght without breaking stuff though, that was getting boring.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    There is sadly not to much to actually discuss in the chapter, besides how the general quality of it is really high.
    The personalities continue to be engaging without being to one-dimensional or boring.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Though who is screwed?
    I guess thats mainly a question off how much of All Might there is left.
    I am glad that Deku can use his strenght without breaking stuff though, that was getting boring.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even considering All Might can only fight for a limited amount of time, he needs half that to actually really put Deku and Bakugou both down.

    I do agree, Deku constantly shattering his body to fight needed to stop happening at some point, and I think they picked a good moment for it.

    Speaking of character personalty, the ballhead dude is honestly kind of hilarious. Dude scores 9th place in class and he's acting like he's a suave super genius.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking of character personalty, the ballhead dude is honestly kind of hilarious. Dude scores 9th place in class and he's acting like he's a suave super genius.
    Spoiler: Kaminari's Mouth = Fresh
    Show
    I loved the...

    "A guy like you is supposed to be a lovable idiot, now who will want you?!"

    "Oh, I dunno, the whole world."

    ...exchange.

    Also, Kaminari wearing big Kamina-esque shades with his weird costume while looking mighty pleased with himself as everyone else looks on tensely.

    It's good they aren't fighting one another again, I was worried that's where it was headed. Though the fact that all the teachers came out to greet them it should have been obvious.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-09-25 at 06:35 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Even considering All Might can only fight for a limited amount of time, he needs half that to actually really put Deku and Bakugou both down.
    Oh yes certainly, its more than i dont think he has more than of One for All left, so the problem is to put those two punks down without actually showing any signs of weakness.

    Speaking of character personalty, the ballhead dude is honestly kind of hilarious. Dude scores 9th place in class and he's acting like he's a suave super genius.
    I personally kinda despise him, and have a lot of trouble understanding what he is doing in the class from an in world point of view.
    We have seen that the tests to get into this school is a grinder designed to wear down all but the best of the best, so it strains my suspension of disbelief that a weak coward like him got in.
    He should have been in side-kick school or something like that.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Oh yes certainly, its more than i dont think he has more than of One for All left, so the problem is to put those two punks down without actually showing any signs of weakness.

    I personally kinda despise him, and have a lot of trouble understanding what he is doing in the class from an in world point of view.
    We have seen that the tests to get into this school is a grinder designed to wear down all but the best of the best, so it strains my suspension of disbelief that a weak coward like him got in.
    He should have been in side-kick school or something like that.
    To be fair, we saw that Deku inspired him when they first fought Handface. It's possible that he's secretly more skilled then we know, he's just a huge idiot. After all, I can see his Quirk actually having some useful disabling properties on machinery. Gunk up their innards with his sticky hair balls and suddenly they're unable to function.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Another new chapter.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just glad the manga's actually dealing with Bakugou and Midoriya's horrible relationship.

    I think the manga is situating Bakugou as being ready to change, or recognizing that he has to, and stubbornly refusing to because he's that kind of an ******* -- or rather, whatever part of him is forcing this delinquent front up all the time. Which is why he's gone back to "classic Bakugou" in recent chapters.

    On the other hand, Midoriya has been getting more skilled and confident in himself, and is really the only one at the moment who could pass All Might's trial through a combination of skill, boldness, and his specific knowledge-set -- that is if he had a competent and willing partner like a Todoroki to help him carry out some strategy. I can't see him doing it alone and I don't think he'd want to, given his character.

    So, it's a great setup for some character development for both the main characters and their supporting cast prior to a life-or-death story arc in the summer.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    To be fair, we saw that Deku inspired him when they first fought Handface. It's possible that he's secretly more skilled then we know, he's just a huge idiot. After all, I can see his Quirk actually having some useful disabling properties on machinery. Gunk up their innards with his sticky hair balls and suddenly they're unable to function.
    His quirk is decently useful at disabling things or people, especially with a teammate that can provide the force to push 2 opponents against each other somehow.
    The problem is less his quirk and more himself, he is a cowardly midget who are not even that smart, on his own i really cant see him bringing much to the table.

    Else, i do think its a nice new chapter we got here, the story is flowing at a decent pace, and the teachers are acting like such, trying to drive useful lessons home on their pupils.

    But yeah, i do think this would have a much better rate of success if Deku had been paired up with Todoriki, he is also amazingly level headed, and we have already seen how smooth their teamwork flows.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    His quirk is decently useful at disabling things or people, especially with a teammate that can provide the force to push 2 opponents against each other somehow.
    The problem is less his quirk and more himself, he is a cowardly midget who are not even that smart, on his own i really cant see him bringing much to the table.

    Else, i do think its a nice new chapter we got here, the story is flowing at a decent pace, and the teachers are acting like such, trying to drive useful lessons home on their pupils.

    But yeah, i do think this would have a much better rate of success if Deku had been paired up with Todoriki, he is also amazingly level headed, and we have already seen how smooth their teamwork flows.
    You say he's not smart, but he scored 9th overall in the written exam. That's actually pretty good.

    Anyway, this chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's fun seeing everyone show off and fight against real heroes, and I really like the set up for this test. I also like seeing Eraser Head explain a little on why people are teamed up with who they are.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    You say he's not smart, but he scored 9th overall in the written exam. That's actually pretty good.
    No its not? the class has some 20 students, so its smack down middle of the pack.
    its certainly not enough to compensate for any of his other countless shortcommings.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    No its not? the class has some 20 students, so its smack down middle of the pack.
    its certainly not enough to compensate for any of his other countless shortcommings.
    I'd still argue that's good enough.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    I'd still argue that's good enough.
    Im certainly eager to hear arguments, for why its good enough for anyone but someone with an all-round middle of the class presentation.

    its certainly not enough to compensate for anything.

    But on a side note, then who do people think is going to manage to complete this little trial?
    My personal main bet is for the Bird/Frog duo, i really loved their teamwork maneuever.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    But on a side note, then who do people think is going to manage to complete this little trial? My personal main bet is for the Bird/Frog duo, i really loved their teamwork maneuever.
    Hard to say, while they're presenting this as though the teachers are going all-out that's probably just to psyche them up/out in this scenario. It's more important from the school's perspective as we've seen that they learn something from this and overcome their deficiencies, so accomplishing the stated objectives are technically a secondary concern -- it's a test of judgement more than skill.

    So they might not have a chance in the first place, as that's not the point, like the Kobayashi Maru. That or they might leave them avenues for success purposefully as to get their point across.

    I'm wondering if it's going to come down to whether or not you should escape by yourself or not.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-10-04 at 09:56 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Yo, new chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    We get a bit of an explanation/flashback on why Bakugou is such a Bakugou. Turns out he's obsessed with winning because he believes way to much in "being the best hero means you always win" combined with his understanding that "I am the best". So it becomes "I am the best thus I must always win." It's kinda messed up, but cool. Deku manages to convince him to work together after...getting ****ING HAMMERED. A small point I like is that we actually see that spit and throw up covering his face in subsequent scenes, which doesn't happen that often when that happens in other series.

    But yeah, that cliffhanger. My god. Tricky tactics from the two, I wonder how well it'll work!


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yo, new chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    We get a bit of an explanation/flashback on why Bakugou is such a Bakugou. Turns out he's obsessed with winning because he believes way to much in "being the best hero means you always win" combined with his understanding that "I am the best". So it becomes "I am the best thus I must always win." It's kinda messed up, but cool. Deku manages to convince him to work together after...getting ****ING HAMMERED. A small point I like is that we actually see that spit and throw up covering his face in subsequent scenes, which doesn't happen that often when that happens in other series.

    But yeah, that cliffhanger. My god. Tricky tactics from the two, I wonder how well it'll work!
    Yeah, I wasn't really going to comment on it since its one of those chapters you occasionally get which is totally a set-up for the next one.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Though I do have to wonder what effect Midoriya hopes to have with Bakugou's grenade arm-thingy when Bakugou's own attempts only served to irritate All Might. Sort of like firing ten dozen rounds into Superman's face and then still expecting the next bullet to work... somehow.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't really going to comment on it since its one of those chapters you occasionally get which is totally a set-up for the next one.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Though I do have to wonder what effect Midoriya hopes to have with Bakugou's grenade arm-thingy when Bakugou's own attempts only served to irritate All Might. Sort of like firing ten dozen rounds into Superman's face and then still expecting the next bullet to work... somehow.
    It's always important to keep up the discussion of a series!

    Spoiler
    Show
    In regards to what Deku hopes to do...when you throw up your start sweating heavily. That grenade gun fires off, and is powered by, his sweat. It's gotta be suuuper charged up by this point. Even if they don't take him down, it might be enough to take distract him so they can escape. It's less shooting more bullets at Superman, and more going "pistol's don't work, lets try bazookas".


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I think its simply: "Bakugou's explosions aren't strong enough to hurt All Might. My blows aren't strong enough to hurt All Might. What if we stacked them together in one attack?"

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's always important to keep up the discussion of a series!

    Spoiler
    Show
    In regards to what Deku hopes to do...when you throw up your start sweating heavily. That grenade gun fires off, and is powered by, his sweat. It's gotta be suuuper charged up by this point. Even if they don't take him down, it might be enough to take distract him so they can escape. It's less shooting more bullets at Superman, and more going "pistol's don't work, lets try bazookas".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe? Bakugou just exhausted much of his explosive output trying to fend All Might off at point blank range, I'm not sure much more his gauntlets can convey in a few second time. Still, if it's just a distraction he's looking for that could be a solid plan.

    Though I'm guessing this is more going to be that Midoriya was willing to strike at All Might for the sake of his friend in the first place. Considering Bakugou's weakness is lack of cooperation (to put it mildly) and Midoriya's is in part his fear/worship of All Might as his Hero is paralyzing him from making judgments he otherwise would. Bakugou gets points for working with Midoriya's strategy rather than Leeroy Jenkins-ing him and Midoriya for simply having the resolve to punch his idol in his heavily outlined face.

    After all, All Might doesn't have much longer to live in all likelihood, I think he needs some confidence that Deku's willing to step out of his shadow to be this generation's All Might and not simply another adoring fan.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think its simply: "Bakugou's explosions aren't strong enough to hurt All Might. My blows aren't strong enough to hurt All Might. What if we stacked them together in one attack?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, that could be it. Like a suuuuuuuuuuuper-rocket-punch!!!

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: Deku's apperance
    Show
    This seems like the first time Deku looked powerful, rather than bloodied from using his power. I like the SS2-esque electrical aura.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmon View Post
    Spoiler: Deku's apperance
    Show
    This seems like the first time Deku looked powerful, rather than bloodied from using his power. I like the SS2-esque electrical aura.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Same. He calls it "Full Cowl" which I actually quite like, since Cowl is what most super heroes (like for example Batman) wear. So his actual powered up mode is him "donning the mask" so to speak. The crackling of lightning effect also fits well with his "think like a microwave" training stuff. It's really cool. Also, I'm guessing when someone eventually asks what his power is called, he'll call it Full Cowl, just as a cover.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    New issue!

    Spoiler
    Show
    I love how this series continues to thwart both MainCharacteritis as well as Shounen Guts Hero Syndrome. (though only the former is really on display here). Its nice to see the main character have to work just as hard as everyone else, while not getting to always win just because. Though I am sad to see Midoria and Bakugou's plan not (apparently) pan out, its nice that other people get better results than him sometimes. (even though Eraserhead kinda gave them that one by not capitalizing on Yaoyorozu's hesitation)

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Susano-wo View Post
    New issue!

    Spoiler
    Show
    I love how this series continues to thwart both MainCharacteritis as well as Shounen Guts Hero Syndrome. (though only the former is really on display here). Its nice to see the main character have to work just as hard as everyone else, while not getting to always win just because. Though I am sad to see Midoria and Bakugou's plan not (apparently) pan out, its nice that other people get better results than him sometimes. (even though Eraserhead kinda gave them that one by not capitalizing on Yaoyorozu's hesitation)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I really like that. So far the only students to actually do well are the ones that got played with easily. The point of this exam is really not to win, but to see what it's like to fight someone truly above your level.

    Also the last page said next week is "a big announcement". So Boku's probably getting an anime.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Well.. it was kinda a nice enough battle, though i do think the battle against Eraserhead were kinda needlessly complicated.
    Yaoyorozu already showed how she had the perfect counter for a opponent with a vision based power, at that point Todoroki has shown that he can turn a person into a icecicle.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    While we wait for a new chapter, here is a collection of a bunch of Horikoshi's art from Twitter and Pivix. A lot of this is really great, ranging from super cute drawings of Miss Marvel, to badass pictures of Pokemon, to really funny and cool pictures of his own characters, to...****ing WICKED drawings of The Joker and Anakin Skywalker that make me really wish the latter of those two was actually a good character to deserve that kind of drawing holy ****.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    There is a nice Gainax quality to his art

    Spoiler: My Personal Favourite
    Show


    Though at this point - with the exception of the Anakin/Joker more serious stuff - I can tell which drawing is his without thinking about it.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-10-26 at 01:09 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    There is a nice Gainax quality to his art

    Spoiler: My Personal Favourite
    Show


    Though at this point I - with the exception of Anakin/Joker more serious stuff - I can tell which drawing is his without thinking about it.
    That picture is great because it shows what Precure actually is like behind the super cutsey appearance.

    Also yeah, Horikoshi's got a pretty distinct art style I think.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    awesome! Thanks for the link. I appreciate that though his style is distinctive, he can break out of it if he wants (for example, the Joker and Anakin pics). I always like that in an artist

    Also, Erasurehead holding the cat while apparently sick (at least I think that's a thermometer in his mouth...) is creepy in a really great way

    EDIT: LaZodiac: wow, you literally just changed your Avatar, didn't you?
    Last edited by Susano-wo; 2015-10-29 at 03:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •