Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1401
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: issue 69
    Show
    dayyyum, those close ups of Shigaraki are some nightmare fuel

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Oh yes, im hoping he dont get his silly hand mask on again, he is turning out to be a nicely dark and twiste foil for deku.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Two chapters out today!
    Spoiler
    Show

    First one is great, it's our little villain finally getting it. And me freaking out for like ten minutes at his face hooooly ****.

    Second one is also pretty great, detailing the aftershock of Shigaraki's little meeting with Deku and how that affects their school trip. We also get to see cute robot cat girls who are expert mountain rescue heroes. The only problem is that the second chapter is done by different people it seems, so it translated some things wrong (like Quirk). Looks like they're gonna be fighting to get their school trip.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Heh.. also liked the last page.. showed who in the class that were starting to pull ahead.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Merellis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Under an Orange Sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler
    Show
    They really need to start just carrying everything they need with them every time their teacher takes them anywhere.

    On the other hand, they're catching on pretty quick to how things work around here!

    I do like the idea that the teachers decided to just kick it up another five notches.

    All Might handles that question pretty well in my opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Heh.. also liked the last page.. showed who in the class that were starting to pull ahead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not quite I think. Three of them have more experience than the rest of the class in dangerous situations due to Stain, and Bakugou is just gung ho about diving into a fight anyway. It's more like they've had more time and experience to get used to having to jump into second gear from the get-go.

    The others will get there during this test I would think, unless it turns out those four are gonna take care of it all. Which would suck for them.
    Last edited by Merellis; 2015-12-04 at 04:27 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    They really need to start just carrying everything they need with them every time their teacher takes them anywhere.
    I really liked Ida's comment about how if Eraserhead kept it it up they would lose confidence in him ever telling the truth.
    Seems that day is pretty close now.. :P
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    So, I finally got to my manga-viewing computer.

    Spoiler: Wookiees! - C.69
    Show
    Interesting - at least with regards to my previous conversation with Zodiac about my criticism of the RWBY manga's artist/writer tendency to skimp on backgrounds to essentially focus on character art alone - that this chapter provides one of the best examples of how a defined background that situates a scene well can improve it immeasurably. It made this sunny day out full of living people going about a densely packed shopping arcade innocuously into something so claustrophobic and tense, the level of detail committed to it paying off in my investment in the scene.

    This chapter also demonstrates what a razor's edge this world is on. That anyone with the right Quirk and an axe to grind against society can enter a place like this an do untold damage in ways that defy common sense. You really need an All Might out there as a symbol of "if I get up and go out I'm going to be alright" in the end, just to get some illusion of security.


    Spoiler: To Say There's No Ulterior Motive Would Be A Lie - C.70
    Show

    I'm not sure how I'd feel were I a parent of a Yuuei hero class student. On the one hand, the school does seem reasonably responsible if slightly mindscrew-y - nothing quite Hogwarts egregious - and I don't doubt that Hero is a career many would covet for their children, but on the other hand a lot of crap seems to happen to them on a semi-regular basis anyways.

    On another note, I rather like that the Pussycats have Quirks which - as of yet - have nothing to do with anything feline related. I guess I just enjoy when things go against the obvious.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    So, I finally got to my manga-viewing computer.

    Spoiler: Wookiees! - C.69
    Show
    Interesting - at least with regards to my previous conversation with Zodiac about my criticism of the RWBY manga's artist/writer tendency to skimp on backgrounds to essentially focus on character art alone - that this chapter provides one of the best examples of how a defined background that situates a scene well can improve it immeasurably. It made this sunny day out full of living people going about a densely packed shopping arcade innocuously into something so claustrophobic and tense, the level of detail committed to it paying off in my investment in the scene.

    This chapter also demonstrates what a razor's edge this world is on. That anyone with the right Quirk and an axe to grind against society can enter a place like this an do untold damage in ways that defy common sense. You really need an All Might out there as a symbol of "if I get up and go out I'm going to be alright" in the end, just to get some illusion of security.


    Spoiler: To Say There's No Ulterior Motive Would Be A Lie - C.70
    Show

    I'm not sure how I'd feel were I a parent of a Yuuei hero class student. On the one hand, the school does seem reasonably responsible if slightly mindscrew-y - nothing quite Hogwarts egregious - and I don't doubt that Hero is a career many would covet for their children, but on the other hand a lot of crap seems to happen to them on a semi-regular basis anyways.

    On another note, I rather like that the Pussycats have Quirks which - as of yet - have nothing to do with anything feline related. I guess I just enjoy when things go against the obvious.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, 100% agreed on that one. The crowded mall with all these various people (I saw some fish people and other neat looking physical Quirks) made it feel like a lived in world, and that these people even if we don't know them, it makes them matter. Combined with Shigaraki saying he could easily kill 20 to 30 people if he just...decided to. That's ****ing horrifying, and makes it super tense. This is why we need All Might, and this is the danger this world faces every day.

    Yeah, all I can really tell of the two Pussycats is that one's got geomancer powers. That's pretty rad. They just dress up as cat-robots because it's cool and fun.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: 69
    Show
    Yeah, the crowd definitely adds to the tension of the scene and feeling closed in. Also, I think I'm in the minority, that I like the face mask thing. Though he is creepier with it off. Maybe the artist can design something similar that leaves more of his face exposed


    Spoiler: 70
    Show
    Yeah, I noticed the return of "individuality," which I kinda like for its super Japaneseness, though maybe its hits the theme of powers being part of people's identity too much on the head?

    Also, I noticed they used "little Midoriya." instead of "Midoria, my boy." So does that mean its Midoria-chan? I kind of hope its something else, because I really like the super hero-ey feel of "my boy," but I don't think its a good fit for chan. But then again, I favor leaving honorifics in plain romaji after the names, so maybe I am biased
    Last edited by Susano-wo; 2015-12-05 at 10:14 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    The 70 I read used "personalities", and I only got what it was talking about because it couldn't mean anything else in context.

    Personally, I prefer Quirk since it's short, has Q in front of it, and you're almost never going to have to use it to refer to anything else - though as long as it was used consistently within the translation I doubt I'd mind. I don't know what term Horikoshi is actually using, it might have been in the translators notes somewhere along the way.

    Edit: No, reading through, it uses personalities with the Pussycats and individuality when it's mentioned they're forbidden from displaying them in public - which is an interesting bit I missed in my reading before.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-12-05 at 10:51 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Susano-wo View Post
    Spoiler: 69
    Show
    Yeah, the crowd definitely adds to the tension of the scene and feeling closed in. Also, I think I'm in the minority, that I like the face mask thing. Though he is creepier with it off. Maybe the artist can design something similar that leaves more of his face exposed


    Spoiler: 70
    Show
    Yeah, I noticed the return of "individuality," which I kinda like for its super Japaneseness, though maybe its hits the theme of powers being part of people's identity too much on the head?

    Also, I noticed they used "little Midoriya." instead of "Midoria, my boy." So does that mean its Midoria-chan? I kind of hope its something else, because I really like the super hero-ey feel of "my boy," but I don't think its a good fit for chan. But then again, I favor leaving honorifics in plain romaji after the names, so maybe I am biased
    Chapter 70 was translated by a different group and it's ****ing awful I hate it. I really want to get WSJ's stuff working so I can impart real, actually translated information. Because my god, guys, it's Quirks. Come on.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    New chapter! We're stuck with Mangastream's ****ty awful translations that have unneeded swears and no real proper effort put into them! Yaaay! I swear I'm going to get a Shonen Jump subscription just so I can tell you guys what they get wrong. They do seem to have fixed SOME issues though.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Turns out Kouta kinda hates everyone. For good reason, given his parents died "noble deaths" as heroes. I'm really glad they're touching on this because this is something you'd...sort of expect to happen at some point. Heroes die.

    Also we get the obligatory hot spring scene but it's actually done tasteful, and we get equal amount of fanservice cheesecake for everyone. We get to see quite a bit of Asido, and meanwhile basically all the men are strapping and handsome. So there you go guys, fanservice for everyone.

    More importantly, we finally learn the goal of this training exam. Our heroes have grown, but mostly in a mental and technical aspect. Now it's time...TO GET HUGE! PLUS ULTRAAAAAA!


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Great chapter as usual, though once again bubblehead manage to dive in my regard.
    I honestly dont think he is funny, and in my eyes he is completely unfit for anything but perhaps sidekick duty.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Great chapter as usual, though once again bubblehead manage to dive in my regard.
    I honestly dont think he is funny, and in my eyes he is completely unfit for anything but perhaps sidekick duty.
    Maybe that's something he'll learn this arc. Maybe that's the point. Maybe he's just a weirdo and we're supposed to not really like him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I like the whole "the other boys in your class mentioned he's kind of the living personification of messed up lust" thing though.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Maybe he's just a weirdo and we're supposed to not really like him.
    In that case its working far to well, since im not liking not liking him, each time he gets screentime im wishing he would go die in a fire or something.

    My translation mentioned it was Eraser who gave the warning about him though.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    In that case its working far to well, since im not liking not liking him, each time he gets screentime im wishing he would go die in a fire or something.

    My translation mentioned it was Eraser who gave the warning about him though.
    Sorry, late night reading typo/misread.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Sorry, late night reading typo/misread.
    Minor detail, hardly matters who actually warned them

    I can just then see i apperently not like most other peoples sort of comedy relief, though personally i kinda find that trope outplayed and beaten to death with a large +5 stick.

    (the peak in the bath one)
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: new ish
    Show
    Yeah, I was happy with the way they handled Ye Olde Hot Springs Scene. not only is it tasteful, I like how they worked in some stealth characterization in the girls poses. Everyone but antennae girl (so bad with most of the names >.>) is either covering up or being in the water up to at least nip level, whereas she does not seem to give a ****



    I do hope Mineta grow up with training, though, damn, Khaine, you reeeeeeeealy hate him I'm not a fan, but he doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the series.

    Though the super lustful peeking tom archetype in manga/anime does definitely need to die for a while. Way overused.
    Last edited by Susano-wo; 2015-12-15 at 04:39 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    I do hope Mineta grow up with training, though, damn, Khaine, you reeeeeeeealy hate him I'm not a fan, but he doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the series.
    Yes.. yes i do.. i think Kouta had it right.
    "Learn what it means to be a dignified human being, before aiming to be a hero"
    I cant find a single redeaming trait in him, except he makes anyone else around him look good in comparison.

    And i continue to be confused about how he actually passed the suposedly super strict entrance exam.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Susano-wo View Post
    Spoiler: new ish
    Show
    Yeah, I was happy with the way they handled Ye Olde Hot Springs Scene. not only is it tasteful, I like how they worked in some stealth characterization in the girls poses. Everyone but antennae girl (so bad with most of the names >.>) is either covering up or being in the water up to at least nip level, whereas she does not seem to give a ****



    I do hope Mineta grow up with training, though, damn, Khaine, you reeeeeeeealy hate him I'm not a fan, but he doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the series.

    Though the super lustful peeking tom archetype in manga/anime does definitely need to die for a while. Way overused.
    For what it's worth literally everyone else in series thinks poorly of Mineta as well. Also the antenna girl is Asido. Remember, she's got acid powers. Her name is literally acid


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    For what it's worth literally everyone else in series thinks poorly of Mineta as well. Also the antenna girl is Asido. Remember, she's got acid powers. Her name is literally acid
    /facepalm. Oh, Japan!

    And, I concede all your points, Khaine. They just don't bother me as much, I guess

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

    We see the full Pussycats. We have Cute, Demur, CRAZY, and MAN. We also learn their quirks and it's pretty great, and we see the kind of intense training one needs to do with quirks. We also learn that, interestingly, the little kid's parents were "The Water Horses", fire fighters with water powers. That's interesting and cool. We also get Deku trying to explain that he understands, but failing to get through.

    We also see that the villains are on their move. That one ash guy, a dude in a mask, the psychotic SS looking guy, and Toga Himiko wearing what...looks like a weird get up that may have to do with her powers and also sort of emulates Stain.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: You Have Some Redeeming Qualities C.72
    Show
    I was concerned last chapter with the talk about levelling up Quirks, I was fairly comfortable with the One Piece-style of superpowers where they're more or less set but you can do all sorts of creative things with them to make them much cooler. I didn't think the heroes really needed more power at this point anyways.

    Mostly, I just don't want Bleach or Naruto-like power-boost in this series at any rate.

    This however, I'm fine with. It makes sense that, as it's an aspect of their anatomy, they can build Quirks up like muscles - which is more or less what Midoriya's been doing all along anyways. It's also unlikely to break the arrangement they've got going on, ya'know - where suddenly 99% of the characters have become useless after 100-something chapters because of the main character's evolved from merely being special to being full-on super-special-awesome. I want this to be about teamwork, effort, and victory and less about heroic destiny or something of the ilk. I actually wrote a whole post about being kind of hesitant about this development last week, but refrained from submitting it because it was just unfounded worries and I really didn't have much to say about the bath scene.

    I like that they made Kouta's anxiety being that he's Quirk-less amidst people who live off their Quirks - as we've learned most people don't use their Quirks in their jobs or everyday life outside of Heroes and Villains - and that he's very sour grapes about the whole thing. Rather than Midoriya's kind of pathetic hero-worshipping. It's a more interesting bit of characterization for him than simply being bitter about his parent's death, and one that Midoriya can clearly understand because who knows where he'd be mentally right now if All Might hadn't come along. The image of his pained expression while cursing the heroes and (I think, or at least interpreted it this way) subtle image of the imprint where he'd had been punching the dirt of the cliff wall was very well done.

    Anyways, bring on to the villains.



    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Toga Himiko wearing what...looks like a weird get up that may have to do with her powers and also sort of emulates Stain.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Looking at it closely, it appears to be some kind of Hannibal Lecture-esque face mask, a canister of what I assume to be blood tied to her back which is connected to various spray nozzles above her shoulders, and a couple of thigh-mounted cases holding a collection of what I assume to be surgical scalpels.


    I kind of want Kouta's hat, with the oni-esque horns on them. Not sure how'd it look in real life.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-12-19 at 01:47 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    And, I concede all your points, Khaine. They just don't bother me as much, I guess
    One can always continue reading on dreaming about him being eaten by stain...

    I was concerned last chapter with the talk about levelling up Quirks, I was fairly comfortable with the One Piece-style of superpowers where they're more or less set but you can do all sorts of creative things with them to make them much cooler. I didn't think the heroes really needed more power at this point anyways.

    Mostly, I just don't want Bleach or Naruto-like power-boost in this series at any rate.
    Me neither, it is certaily one of the main reasons for my waste preference for OP over those other two series.
    I dont mind a gradual increase, but do think the extreme jumps in Bleach are a bit to much, especially with the way it keeps dumping everyone else in the wayside.

    This however, I'm fine with. It makes sense that, as it's an aspect of their anatomy, they can build Quirks up like muscles - which is more or less what Midoriya's been doing all along anyways. It's also unlikely to break the arrangement they've got going on, ya'know - where suddenly 99% of the characters have become useless after 100-something chapters because of the main character's evolved from merely being special to being full-on super-special-awesome. I want this to be about teamwork, effort, and victory and less about heroic destiny or something of the ilk. I actually wrote a whole post about being kind of hesitant about this development last week, but refrained from submitting it because it was just unfounded worries and I really didn't have much to say about the bath scene.
    I thankfully doubt this would be a relevant fear, in a serie where the main characters winning move is to discretely dial a friend

    I like that they made Kouta's anxiety being that he's Quirk-less amidst people who live off their Quirks - as we've learned most people don't use their Quirks in their jobs or everyday life outside of Heroes and Villains - and that he's very sour grapes about the whole thing. Rather than Midoriya's kind of pathetic hero-worshipping. It's a more interesting bit of characterization for him than simply being bitter about his parent's death, and one that Midoriya can clearly understand because who knows where he'd be mentally right now if All Might hadn't come along. The image of his pained expression while cursing the heroes and (I think, or at least interpreted it this way) subtle image of the imprint where he'd had been punching the dirt of the cliff wall was very well done.
    Are you certain its a dirt cliff though? it looks rocky to me, and i personally took it as a secret indicater of him being super strong, but not wishing to have anything to do with quirks or heroes.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Are you certain its a dirt cliff though? it looks rocky to me, and i personally took it as a secret indicater of him being super strong, but not wishing to have anything to do with quirks or heroes.
    Yeah if we're being honest it looked more like a high pressure water cannon smashed into the rock wall. Since his parents are both water quirk users it seems, this makes a degree of sense. It also makes sense for him, having a Quirk, to hate using it due to his hate of super heroes in general.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Alright prediction time!
    Midora will be the source of inspiration that makes Kouta change his mind, and save the day with whatever powerful quick he has.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Alright prediction time!
    Midora will be the source of inspiration that makes Kouta change his mind, and save the day with whatever powerful quick he has.
    Since the cinder guy seemingly has some kind of fire/ash type power, and that other guy has poison, this isn't impossible! After all, water washes away poison gas and fire pretty well. At least that's what I've heard for the former.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Alright prediction time!
    Midora will be the source of inspiration that makes Kouta change his mind, and save the day with whatever powerful quick he has.
    This isn't much of a prediction. This is Shonen 101.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    This isn't much of a prediction. This is Shonen 101.
    haha.. seems someone caught the joke.. that i were cheating with the prediction :P
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    haha.. seems someone caught the joke.. that i were cheating with the prediction :P
    It's not that hard to see, it's one of the most popular Shonen tropes there is. "Main Hero gives X cast member resolve through fighting." I expect it to be just as heavy handed and droll in Hero Academia as it has been in Bleach, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, every arc of Fairy Tail and countless other manga that I can think of. Even One Piece which is one of the best Shonen manga on the market has fallen into this trope. For once I'd like a character to just say "Ya know. You're still a **** and screw this."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •