New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

What'd be fun is if it turns out it's not Deku who inspires him, because Deku's too nice. Make it Bakugou out of nowhere.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    What'd be fun is if it turns out it's not Deku who inspires him, because Deku's too nice. Make it Bakugou out of nowhere.
    That'd change the paradigm. I'm still waiting for Bakugo to go over to the Villain Alliance to be honest.

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    That'd change the paradigm. I'm still waiting for Bakugo to go over to the Villain Alliance to be honest.
    Never gonna happen because Bakugou is an actual hero. Like, he comes off as a huge **** head, but he is ACTUALLY a hero.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Never gonna happen because Bakugou is an actual hero. Like, he comes off as a huge **** head, but he is ACTUALLY a hero.
    I'll take that wager.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yes, that would certainly increase my respect for the serie if thats how it play things out.

I'll take that wager.
    I got a large sack of imaginary golden'ish coins saying he will remain a hero to the end.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Yeah, I'll weigh in on the side of Bakugou's arc is about him being a hero underneath all of that anger and frustration. He may go all dark side for a while, but even that I doubt.

I would also like to see any of those so cliche its not a prediction tropes get subverted and/or discarded, as is best for the story. Its the problem with having an magazine-wide theme that is enforced by the editorial staff, combined with one magazine company having a very high market saturation. Well, also compounded by it being a successful story paradigm already.

So yeah, I would be happy if Bakugou tells him to man* the **** up and help out.

And I also agree that it looked like water on the rocks.

*because Kouta is male, not due to any inherent macho BS

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Susano-wo View Post
    Yeah, I'll weigh in on the side of Bakugou's arc is about him being a hero underneath all of that anger and frustration. He may go all dark side for a while, but even that I doubt.

I would also like to see any of those so cliche its not a prediction tropes get subverted and/or discarded, as is best for the story. Its the problem with having an magazine-wide theme that is enforced by the editorial staff, combined with one magazine company having a very high market saturation. Well, also compounded by it being a successful story paradigm already.

So yeah, I would be happy if Bakugou tells him to man* the **** up and help out.

And I also agree that it looked like water on the rocks.

*because Kouta is male, not due to any inherent macho BS
    He'll tell Kouta to man the hell up because, regardless of gender, the concept of "manliness" is inherently gender neutral. It means being a badass.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, new chapter

Spoiler: A Bacchanal in the Darkness - C.73
    Show

Thus begins the confrontation. I'm glad the gas masks are actually part of their plan rather than that just being their thing. Though that does have the added benefit of remembering who are supposed to be the bad guys here, since there are like 40 kids and 7-8 adults out there with many not being super-familiar to us at this point. That, and there were more on team villain than the last panel from the previous chapter implied, so it's good to have something there to differentiate them.

Not much more to say about this one. It's another great one for funny expressions, and I particularly like the panel of the guys and girls sleeping as it so fits their characters to be like that.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-12-28 at 08:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Oh, new chapter

Spoiler: A Bacchanal in the Darkness - C.73
    Show

Thus begins the confrontation. I'm glad the gas masks are actually part of their plan rather than that just being their thing. Though that does have the added benefit of remembering who are supposed to be the bad guys here, since there are like 40 kids and 7-8 adults out there with many not being super-familiar to us at this point. That, and there were more on team villain than the last panel from the previous chapter implied, so it's good to have something there to differentiate them.

Not much more to say about this one. It's another great one for funny expressions, and I particularly like the panel of the guys and girls sleeping as it so fits their characters to be like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, a lot can be read into the sleeping scene. Like more support for the completely reasonable "invisible girl is kind of a nudist" thing, which is hilarious to me still.

Anyway, the actual meat of this chapter is half Todoroki mentioning that...giving a Picard speech to a random stranger means basically nothing. Show it with your actions. The other half is our villains appearing! That guy who's all disfigured has fire power, though it seems specifically that he can control over the smoke his fire creates...and the poison guy can generate poison but not control it, so mixing his gass with the cinderman's smoke control power gives an awful combination. The hint of smoke makes you sniff to try and see what it is...and then in goes the poison. It seems that another of the people in this villain group likes Stain, and is more a badass lizard dude, and he's working with what looks like an outright adult using a big ole cane. They beat up one of the cat girls...pretty fiercly too, her head looks busted up. And it looks like Uraraka is going to have to fight Toga Himiko, which will be interesting to me purely because they both seem to have finger tip touching powers, based on what we've seen of her. And Deku...Deku's thoughts instantly go to Kouta, who seems to be snuck up upon, but by who? Dun dun duuuun.

Suffice to say things are getting intense right away, and I love it.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, a lot can be read into the sleeping scene. Like more support for the completely reasonable "invisible girl is kind of a nudist" thing, which is hilarious to me still.
    I was wondering about that myself, that indentation in the bedding is supposed to be her. I guess she'd need to wear clothes for people to talk to her and not think she's an exhibitionist, since it's not a Sue Storm invisible force fields thing she's got going on. I was actually thinking Invisible Girl - I can't remember her name - would eventually be an important plot point, ya'know the Chekhov's Gun it-was-there-all-along-but-no-one-noticed type device.

Also, how does she train her abilities? It seems like just a default sort of thing.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-12-29 at 12:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161

I was wondering about that myself, that indentation in the bedding is supposed to be her. I guess she'd need to wear clothes for people to talk to her and not think she's an exhibitionist, since it's not a Sue Storm invisible force fields thing she's got going on. I was actually thinking Invisible Girl - I can't remember her name - would eventually be an important plot point, ya'know the Chekhov's Gun it-was-there-all-along-but-no-one-noticed type device.

Also, how does she train her abilities? It seems like just a default sort of thing.
    Her training would be focusing on her ability to go unseen. Sure, you're invisible...but you still make noise. Practice on that. She's basically the ultimate ninja.

12. - Top - End - #162

RedWizardGuy

I'll take a long shot. Since the enemies are using a gas based attack, maybe this will be the opportunity for Mineta and his partner to use their recent experience, save the day along with the remedial team, and be the guy that will inspire Kouta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

13. - Top - End - #163

Honestly the only thing I can think of is training her sneaking skills and having her learn to leave false trails and such. Have her sneak around the entire training camp as others do their thing and try not to be noticed, sneak through the fights that are going on, sneak past the kid with the tentacles who has super hearing and such to try and get past.

Gives her great training with her quirk, and also gives the others great training on being perceptive, especially to the one who shouldn't get caught out of the loop.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Her training would be focusing on her ability to go unseen. Sure, you're invisible...but you still make noise. Practice on that. She's basically the ultimate ninja.
    You are forgetting the other important parts of being a ninja, so her training should include a lot on silent takedowns, and hand to hand combat.
    Its not good enough being invisible, if all she does is stand around observing. Thats a spy, not a hero.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    You are forgetting the other important parts of being a ninja, so her training should include a lot on silent takedowns, and hand to hand combat.
    Its not good enough being invisible, if all she does is stand around observing. Thats a spy, not a hero.
    Hand to Hand combat would work great too. Throw in having her fight people that know she's there too and it gets really interesting.

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Hand to Hand combat would work great too. Throw in having her fight people that know she's there too and it gets really interesting.
    Another possibility on what she could train is how many visual spectrums her invisibility lets her hide from. She can hide from pure sight, but thermal vision could likely see her. So that'd require a lot of training to learn how to control your heat as well.

17. - Top - End - #167

New chapter now that the holiday break for Jump is over finally aaaah!

Spoiler
    Show
    Hahaha, Class B has only one Remedial student...but it's THE ONE REALLY ******* GUY with copy powers. That's hilarious. Unfortunately, remedial studies is interrupted by Mandaly's telepathic warning of villains in the area. Guess it's time for the class losers to show their stuff! I actually really like this since it'll give these characters who haven't gotten much focus (both in and out of universe) to do some cool stuff! It also seems like Eraserhead knows the ash fire guy! BRAD!

We then get an introduction to some of our other villains. Spinner the Stain Fanboy, who's power appears to be LOTS OF SWORDS BELTED AND CHAINED TOGETHER INTO A BIG SWORD which is ****ING HILARIOUS.

We also get to see Class B is starting to take a stand, inspired and a little jealous of Class A. This is exciting!

We also get to see...this absolutely adorable large man who's like "I'm a newcomer so I've got to do some stupid **** like wear this mask. Wanna trade it for your rad as hell hat?". His quirk is just a simple boost to all his stats...except it's MONSTROUS a boost. Speaking of monsterous, he's the guy who killed Kouta's parents...but not before they used water pressure to RIP HALF OF HIS ****ING FACE OFF OH MY GOOOOOOOOD. Deku saves the day, and it seems like it's time for a battle between two strength increasing quirks. This'll be a slug fest!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Oh good, it's been a while.

Spoiler: C.74 - When Do We Get The Candy?!
    Show
    So, that was pretty much what we were expecting - adults being attacked and mostly taken out of play early-ish, Kouta being threatened and Midoriya showing up - though earlier than I thought it would maybe.

I like that Yaoyorozu's abilities were put to work with the gas masks, it's something she would and can do after all. I don't know, it's just her abilities are theoretically really useful and incredibly flexible, I'm curious to see to what extent they'll be used in the whole of the series.

Also curious to see what the B Class is going to be doing in this arc. They've been mostly in the background, I'm not sure how central they're intended to be for the story as a whole or whether they're more to be the sideline people who comment on the action for now.

Other than that, I'm assuming that Spinner has some kind of limited magnetic abilities and his sword can break into pieces which attack independently. Otherwise, well, he's the Tetsuya Nomura of super-villainy.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

yes! at last, a new comic :)

Spoiler
    Show

Though i kinda finds it a little contrieved when its actually the killer of Kouta's parents that comes for him, or that Midoya manages to smash his phone.

20. - Top - End - #170

yes! at last, a new comic :)

Spoiler
    Show

Though i kinda finds it a little contrieved when its actually the killer of Kouta's parents that comes for him, or that Midoya manages to smash his phone.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a little contrived, but I think it's okay. Consider that of like...13 villains, only one of them is one that seems to be known to the public via the news. No one's mentioned any of BRAD! and Togahime's murders, for instance.

As for Deku breaking his phone...I'll be honest given how his power works I'm shocked at how durable that phone is to survive being in his pockets. Considering how often he flings himself around I'm also surprised it hasn't fallen out of his pocket before.

21. - Top - End - #171

Devil

Spoiler: Issue 74
    Show
    Yeah, I thought that opponent was a bit on the nose and cliche as well, though the cell phone part was fine

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

New chapter, and things are moving along.

Spoiler: C.75 Such Beautiful Flesh
    Show

Muscle Villain Guy - I'm not sure if his name has been stated - is very creepy looking. Kind of like the Titans from SnK but more squirmy-looking, it's a neat way to depict something that essentially comes down to super-strength.

I'm wondering if they're going to be all Emperor Palpatine with Bakugou and try to convert him when they say they're after him, or they're targeting him simply because his victory at the Sports Festival netted him a lot of attention which would make killing him more significant of a message.

The "will Bakugou become a villain?"-bit is more meta-awareness of fairly well-worn tropes and not necessarily a genuine issue with the character - him being abrasive, contemptuous, and fuelled by reckless rage is kind of obvious but the world doesn't necessarily run on Star Wars Force-reasoning or genera expectations. Point being, that could be me reading into his story whereas it's not really a conflict he has to face, it's more of a case of Good not being Nice or even particularly tolerable... and on the other hand, it could be exactly that, and him rejecting villainy is going to be a thing.

I'm also not sure what level of insight these Villains really have, though clearly more than none given their planning.

I also just noticed Horikoshi's doing some of the onomatopoeia effects in English like old comic books, that's kind of neat.

23. - Top - End - #173

New chapter, and things are moving along.

Spoiler: C.75 Such Beautiful Flesh
    Show

Muscle Villain Guy - I'm not sure if his name has been stated - is very creepy looking. Kind of like the Titans from SnK but more squirmy-looking, it's a neat way to depict something that essentially comes down to super-strength.

I'm wondering if they're going to be all Emperor Palpatine with Bakugou and try to convert him when they say they're after him, or they're targeting him simply because his victory at the Sports Festival netted him a lot of attention which would make killing him more significant of a message.

The "will Bakugou become a villain?"-bit is more meta-awareness of fairly well-worn tropes and not necessarily a genuine issue with the character - him being abrasive, contemptuous, and fuelled by reckless rage is kind of obvious but the world doesn't necessarily run on Star Wars Force-reasoning or genera expectations. Point being, that could be me reading into his story whereas it's not really a conflict he has to face, it's more of a case of Good not being Nice or even particularly tolerable... and on the other hand, it could be exactly that, and him rejecting villainy is going to be a thing.

I'm also not sure what level of insight these Villains really have, though clearly more than none given their planning.

I also just noticed Horikoshi's doing some of the onomatopoeia effects in English like old comic books, that's kind of neat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah the Muscleman's power is to just make fleshy tendons grow all up on him. That's horrifying. And Deku got his broken arm STUCK IN ONE. This is going to be...extremely ****ed up and violent. I love it.

Speaking of violent...I wonder who it is that lost their arm, that the zombie bondage dude is eating. As for why they want Bakugou...I imagine it's because he's just super powerful. I doubt he'll EVER become a villain, his character has made it abdundently clear that he's not EVIL, he's just AN ASS. He cares about nothing less then being the greatest hero, he's just going at it in a very Bakugou way.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. pretty nice chapter. I think Musclemans power is both managing to be cool and creepy at the same time :)

Also it was an interesting way for Deku to solve the speed difference. Though i am curious to see of it will blast him to kingdom come at the cost of his arm, or if it will just daze him to the point where Kotaru can take over.

Else, i am also curious about what they want with Bakugou, but im certain any attempt at recruitment would be answered with a "eat ****"

25. - Top - End - #175

Spoiler: Chapter 76
    Show
    HOLY CRAP.

JUST HOLY CRAP.

SMASH HIM, DEKU, SMASH HIIIIIIM!

I may have gotten drawn into the latest chapter, just, the framing, the panels, the art, it DREW ME THE HELL IN.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Spoiler: Chapter 76
    Show
    HOLY CRAP.

JUST HOLY CRAP.

SMASH HIM, DEKU, SMASH HIIIIIIM!

I may have gotten drawn into the latest chapter, just, the framing, the panels, the art, it DREW ME THE HELL IN.
    New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    YEEEEEEEEEEES!

DELAWARE DETROIT SMASH! MAXIMUM POWER!

So this is ****ing great and I can't wait to see more of what we get from this series. If you aren't sold on this series yet, this should be the moment. Looking closely at Deku's arms, you can see the one he hit with is FRAYED LIKE A GOD DAMN ROPE. He's gonna have a BAD TIME healing from this, but MY GOD is this great.

Imagine how the other fights'll go guys.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Mehh.. i am really glad to hear the rest of you got so pumped about this chapter, because it really did not do anything for me at all.
    It hit off just about all the regular tropes, and i actually think this weeks FT made me feel more than this.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

New chapter, and a rather nice one.
    Though all the same i do think its kinda dumb, how there is seemingly such strict rules for junior heroes, that even when under attack they are not suposed to use their powers.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Getting closer and closer for Bakugou becoming a Villain.

30. - Top - End - #180

Spoiler
    Show

New chapter, and a rather nice one.
    Though all the same i do think its kinda dumb, how there is seemingly such strict rules for junior heroes, that even when under attack they are not suposed to use their powers.
    I don't want to go their but it'd be like having a gun as a kid. You're not allowed to use it, even if you've received training, but you could actually literally kill someone for real. Laws exist for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Getting closer and closer for Bakugou becoming a Villain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's not going to become a villain. They're going to ask him, they're present their case, and his response will to blow them up because he is a hero.

But yes, New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    This was a really great one. We saw Eraserhead beat up Dabi, and learned that the guy with multiple arms on the villain side can clone people! That's pretty cool.

One thing I don't like about this chapter though, and it's a big one. In that final page, look at Tokoyami's page. He DEFINITELY is the one who lost his arm