Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1401
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

    It's time to explore the aftemath of the villain attack. Many students are hurt, some in intensive care. Ragdoll, who left a very bloody mess of a trail is just MISSING, along with Bakugou. Yuuei Academy releases information on their shame and failure as the pro heroes think and plot, berating themselves for sitting on their laurels. Present Mic suggests a traitor, but they actually handle it smartly. They can't be jumping at shadows at a time like this.

    We also get to see some great intensity from All Might. The sheer pain of his failure, and his desire to get payback on the villains. We also see the rest of Deku's class (minus the three taken out by head trauma or gas) and the revelation of the tracking beacon, and what it could all lead to. It's pretty intense!


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    What i really like is that at the end of the chapter there is a rather impotant choice.
    One is rather stupid, and the one picked in about 99% of shonen series.

    The other is the sane and responsible pick, ignored in most kinds of litterature.

    And yet at this point i really cant predict how it will turn out!
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Obligatory mention that Baku is going to be a villain down the road.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    What i really like is that at the end of the chapter there is a rather impotant choice.
    One is rather stupid, and the one picked in about 99% of shonen series.

    The other is the sane and responsible pick, ignored in most kinds of litterature.

    And yet at this point i really cant predict how it will turn out!
    Yup! I honestly think that, for the main cast at least, we'll be sitting this out. Deku, Iida, maybe Uraraka and Todoroki, they're out. This'll give us time to see a more compact look at other heroes doing stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Obligatory mention that Baku is going to be a villain down the road.
    I doubt he comes out of this a villain. He's said outright that he's a hero, in his head. He's not going to be Sasuke.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I doubt he comes out of this a villain. He's said outright that he's a hero, in his head. He's not going to be Sasuke.
    Not making an estimation on how it happens. It's just coming.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    where the wind blows

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    I'm on the camp of pretty sure Baku isn't going to be villain ever, if anything by his "you say I should be villain? Screw you, I'll be the best hero ever just to be contrariant" spiteful personality.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

    Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show


    The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Yup! I honestly think that, for the main cast at least, we'll be sitting this out. Deku, Iida, maybe Uraraka and Todoroki, they're out. This'll give us time to see a more compact look at other heroes doing stuff.
    Well.. at the same time Deku is of course not in shape to do anything on his own, what with the shattered arms.
    It would be a really nice subversion if for once the proffesionals were allowed to do their job. And a group of barely trained kids did not rush mindlessly into trouble like a group of lemmings, only surviving due to massive plot armor.

    I'm on the camp of pretty sure Baku isn't going to be villain ever, if anything by his "you say I should be villain? Screw you, I'll be the best hero ever just to be contrariant" spiteful personality.
    Im pretty sure main reason for existance is to tease those trying to predict his turning

    And i recally cant see what the villains can offer Baku at the moment anyway.
    I mean, he already get to break stuff as a hero, and gets plenty of attention doing so.

    If he were to turn, then it would be long down the down, somewhere into adulthood, after having failed countless times at wrestling the #1 spot from Deku.
    And even that would require a shift in character, as currently i think he would be more likely to just persistantly slam his face against the walls seperating him from that title, instead of giving up and taking the easy route.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Thistletop
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Obligatory mention that Baku is going to be a villain down the road.
    It's almost like the mangakka is aware of what basically every reader and their mom was thinking from the moment Bakugou was introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    It's almost like the mangakka is aware of what basically every reader and their mom was thinking from the moment Bakugou was introduced.
    It's almost like we've had clues over the course of the story because what we're seeing is being told to us from a future narrator.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    It's almost like the mangakka is aware of what basically every reader and their mom was thinking from the moment Bakugou was introduced.
    Clearly not every reader, or there would not be some many disgaree with the idea.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Clearly not every reader, or there would not be some many disgaree with the idea.
    I don't think Bakugou's going to be a villain, but the world trying to shove him onto this path like the mind control felt it would do to him is definitely going to happen. I just think it's foolish to think Bakugou'll become anything more dangerous then an anti-hero.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    I don't think Bakugou's going to be a villain, but the world trying to shove him onto this path like the mind control felt it would do to him is definitely going to happen. I just think it's foolish to think Bakugou'll become anything more dangerous then an anti-hero.
    Yes, unless we get a timeskip, then the only way to see villain Bakugo would be either mind control, or some rebuilding via All for One.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground
     
    thethird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    This series is awesome.

    I've got one question though.

    Spoiler: One for All
    Show
    One for All comes from the bad guy holding All for One granting a quirk to his brother that wasn't quirkless but had a quirk to pass its own quirk down the line. One for All merged with the quirk and thus could be inherited. While some (at least 2) of its users were quirkless others (at least 1) had a quirk. Could those quirks be inherited in a similar manner?
    So after my pc blowing up, getting new job, moving out, getting some new internet and a new computer I'm back in the saddle. It took a while.

    All hail Kymme for making my av.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    This series is awesome.

    I've got one question though.

    Spoiler: One for All
    Show
    One for All comes from the bad guy holding All for One granting a quirk to his brother that wasn't quirkless but had a quirk to pass its own quirk down the line. One for All merged with the quirk and thus could be inherited. While some (at least 2) of its users were quirkless others (at least 1) had a quirk. Could those quirks be inherited in a similar manner?
    Spoiler
    Show

    Maaaybe. I think the quirk merger is a specific "unstated power" of All for One. Like, something about the process of creating a shoving quirks into people causes the rare merger, not the act of passing it on.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: One For All
    Show

    I would say no, those other quirks could not.
    One for All were created when the Quick for gathering power fused with the quick for passing power on. But that Fusion seemed to have taken place in the original wielder of One for All.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Merellis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Under an Orange Sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: New chapter!
    Show

    Sweet zombie jeebus, Deku is gonna get to 17 and have to record notes via voice at this rate.

    Happy to see Iida doing the callback to his own bad decisions, and punching Deku for being an idiot.

    Also, Bakugou's reaction is right where you'd see it be.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Spoiler: New chapter!
    Show

    Sweet zombie jeebus, Deku is gonna get to 17 and have to record notes via voice at this rate.

    Happy to see Iida doing the callback to his own bad decisions, and punching Deku for being an idiot.

    Also, Bakugou's reaction is right where you'd see it be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really, really like how the doctor is like "Hey if this happens two, maybe three more times your arms are just ****ing dead." I also like how Deku has permanent scars on his right arm now. He's really walking the path of All Might here, and this is what I wanted to see when I saw how ****ed up All Might's body is from hero work. I do want to see Deku get permanent scars.

    Iida's moment was great. Especially because never once did his text boxes stop being squares, even if he was angry or worried. It's a small detail but I like it, since it's meant to imply a sort of robot tone, so he has it even when he's angry. This entire moment was fantastic, I just uh...hope they manage to get out without fighting if **** goes bad AND IT WILL GO BAD.

    Bakugou's reaction is EXACTLY what I expected and I full anticipate that when **** starts going bad for our heroes is when he'll break out of that chair and start ****ing up villains to escape.

    There was an extra bonus chapter focused on Asui, everyone's lovely frog girl. Back in middle school she had a snake friend. It was cute and adorable and we got to see her frog family.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    I on the other hand dislikes whats happening to Deku. In part because i dont agree on the shattered body is a requirement for All Might's path. From what i could understand a lot of the damage came from his final showdown with the wielder of All for One. And the majority of Deku's damage comes from him using a power that his body is not yet ready to wield.
    We have seen that is possible for heroes to grow safely old like Gran Torino. And we have seen that the number 2 hero Endevor is also in great shape.

    And i disliked that in the end the main cast went on with a monumenally stupid decision, despite at least having been called out on it.
    I mean, they know that All Might is directly leading a strike-team of the highest ranked heroes in the town. Them bumbling into that showdown is like a bunch of kids with guns deciding to try and intervene in a hostage situation, despite knowing that a SWAT Team is already on the case. Whats most likely to happen is that they either get hurt or get in the way.

    Did like Bakugo's reaction though, that were solidly in character from him, though i had hoped he would have asked them to eat &%%
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    I like it because it's showing Deku that he COULD walk All Might's path. I hope he learns to take better care of himself, at least. I also find that they're going to act properly here. They know that All Might is leading a strike team, so maybe they intend to infiltrate under the cover of that? We'll see.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Merellis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Under an Orange Sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: New Chapter!
    Show


    Annnnd Bakugou declines them with gusto! Won over by All Might all those years ago.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    New chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Deku has a VERY interesting call with his Mom...but he stays determined. They take the train to where the villain hideout is, and even get cool disguises. AWW RIGHTO! We then see a very professional and Japanese styled apology from the Principle of Yuei, Eraserhead, and Blood. It's strange seeing Eraserhead's hair slicked back like this.

    Then we get to the villains, and we see something interesting. Shiguraki is confused as to why the heroes are being condemned. They did their best to save people and yes, they failed, but they tried. And yet the populace are upset. They have to apologize. Spinner elaborates some more on their creed, how every one of them, even if they have differences, feel constrained by the rules of humanity. Shiguraki orders Dabi to free Bakugou, who's been listening to this spiel the entire time...and when Dabi is hesitant because...I MEAN IT'S BAKUGOU, they have Twice do it.

    Bakugou's response is basically what you'd expect. He explodes Shiguraki's face, knocking his father's hand off his face, and says...all their blabbering boils down to is "You want to be feared so you want me to join you. Only idiots spend this long to say such simple things. I'VE ALREADY BEEN WON OVER...BY THE WAY ALL MIGHT LOOKS WHEN HE WINS!"

    So yeah, Bakugou might be an anti-hero, but he's firmly 100% a HERO.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    So, I spent the last month more or less with a stagnant Internet connection, making reading manga online almost unbearable. I've caught up though, also watched the anime - which is great, very smooth translation of the manga's visual style (particularly its heavy use of shading) into the animated medium and generally high production standards.

    Anyways,

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bakugou's response is basically what you'd expect. He explodes Shiguraki's face, knocking his father's hand off his face, and says...all their blabbering boils down to is "You want to be feared so you want me to join you. Only idiots spend this long to say such simple things. I'VE ALREADY BEEN WON OVER...BY THE WAY ALL MIGHT LOOKS WHEN HE WINS!"

    So yeah, Bakugou might be an anti-hero, but he's firmly 100% a HERO.
    Spoiler
    Show

    At the moment Bakugou is completely right, the villains are happy over a relatively minor victory (with some loses on their side) whereas All Might has successfully crushed the vast majority of crime, just crime in general, over his career. Even if you're completely self-interested - as someone like Endeavour or Bakugou seem to be - All Might is the one you want to emulate, not a bunch of psychopaths operating out of a dank bar.

    The issue is, and looking at the first episode of the anime, is All Might's been riddled with death flags since the first issue. Seriously, the first episode of the anime show him bleeding internally and it trickling out of his mouth, him not dying during this assault would be a surprise to me at this point. If people are disquieted that much by the assault on the U.A. training camp and how it reflects on Hero Society, All Might's death - and by extension the fact that Endeavour would be the face of Heroism in the country (or world? I'm not entirely clear on that, though it doesn't really matter like with Tiger & Bunny) - at the hands of Villains is going to be a crippling blow.

    At that point, where will Bakugou stand? It's difficult to say since he's somewhat incapable of expressing himself much beyond wild tantrums and utter contempt, but as I've argued, there are points where it's clear there's more to him than his most abrasive qualities.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    So, I spent the last month more or less with a stagnant Internet connection, making reading manga online almost unbearable. I've caught up though, also watched the anime - which is great, very smooth translation of the manga's visual style (particularly its heavy use of shading) into the animated medium and generally high production standards.

    Anyways,


    Spoiler
    Show

    At the moment Bakugou is completely right, the villains are happy over a relatively minor victory (with some loses on their side) whereas All Might has successfully crushed the vast majority of crime, just crime in general, over his career. Even if you're completely self-interested - as someone like Endeavour or Bakugou seem to be - All Might is the one you want to emulate, not a bunch of psychopaths operating out of a dank bar.

    The issue is, and looking at the first episode of the anime, is All Might's been riddled with death flags since the first issue. Seriously, the first episode of the anime show him bleeding internally and it trickling out of his mouth, him not dying during this assault would be a surprise to me at this point. If people are disquieted that much by the assault on the U.A. training camp and how it reflects on Hero Society, All Might's death - and by extension the fact that Endeavour would be the face of Heroism in the country (or world? I'm not entirely clear on that, though it doesn't really matter like with Tiger & Bunny) - at the hands of Villains is going to be a crippling blow.

    At that point, where will Bakugou stand? It's difficult to say since he's somewhat incapable of expressing himself much beyond wild tantrums and utter contempt, but as I've argued, there are points where it's clear there's more to him than his most abrasive qualities.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait the My Hero anime is out already?

    That said...you bring up a very good point. I still think Bakugou will stay a hero but that'd DEFINITELY push him.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Wait the My Hero anime is out already?
    Yeah, for a few days now. I was pleased with it, as I said.

    The only problem I have is it's only slated for 13 episodes at the moment... and it's going to take at least 3 episodes to cover the first chapter. I think they'll probably get to the end of the Universal Studios Japan arc, which is 20 chapters or thereabouts.

    ... and I didn't mention it before, but I loved the side story with Tsuyu. I hope he does one for the other characters.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler: New chapter
    Show

    So, mainly a lot of talking and planning this week, though quite entertaining all the same.
    That the entire school board have to stand at attention like that for a bunch of reporters just because they got attacked is of course something i will newer get, but i take its a cultural thing.

    Also, i see we are seeing the one way where Baku might actually be made to change sides.
    Mind control or something like it.

    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Not long before I'm proven correct. The wait just makes it all the more wonderful.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Not long before I'm proven correct. The wait just makes it all the more wonderful.
    Actually im pretty sure your case where that Baku would turn into a villain.

    Since he is instead about to be turned into something, then i kinda suspect you will have to wait a long time in vain..
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I love the little touches this chapter. The change in the speech bubble of Shigiraki's when the hand is on vs when it's off. The way Bakugou is still wigged out and angry with his explosive eyes, but still clearly concerned for his safety after seeing Shigiraki's face. The smile on All For One's face. It's fantastic.

    Excited for where this is going.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Actually im pretty sure your case where that Baku would turn into a villain.

    Since he is instead about to be turned into something, then i kinda suspect you will have to wait a long time in vain..
    That is, perhaps, the most vague response I've heard. Are you saying he's going to be turned into one of the multi-quirk monsters? Because there's no coming back from that transformation as far as we know. I'd hate to predict anything because it'll just be used against me when it doesn't go exactly as I call it but I'm suspecting some kind of mind control. Not 100% sure of it, but that's where things seem to be leaning. Either way, Baku isn't going to be on the hero side very shortly. Against his will or otherwise.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

    That is, perhaps, the most vague response I've heard. Are you saying he's going to be turned into one of the multi-quirk monsters? Because there's no coming back from that transformation as far as we know. I'd hate to predict anything because it'll just be used against me when it doesn't go exactly as I call it but I'm suspecting some kind of mind control. Not 100% sure of it, but that's where things seem to be leaning. Either way, Baku isn't going to be on the hero side very shortly. Against his will or otherwise.
    If you dont want it pointed out you have made a false prediction, then you should avoid making predictions.
    But what you and some others argued for so far, based on Baku's demeanor, were that he would turn into a villain.
    We have however now seen that it would newer happen, since he is 100% dedicated to becoming the #1 hero.

    And what i predicted a while ago, were that the only way he would switch sides, would be if mind control or simular things were used.
    But at that point its no longer him switching sides, he is being made to switch sides.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •