New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Exclamation Blablabla - Smartphone something

Woke up to peach some homebrews and saw a lot of these posts here. What happened?
    My Homebrew
    5e - The Artificer (of Alancia)
    AGE of Darkness, converting World of Darkness to AGE
    Dungeons & Dark Souls, bringing the Souls universe to your 5e

My DMs Guild products

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Blablabla - Smartphone something

We keep getting those. It is rather distressing, because it means that the creatures posting them at least believe that enough people are clicking on the links they post from here to warrant them to continue making accounts here, at least some of which of questionable legality. I wish an IP ban was an option, or make it so one cannot post functioning links below a certain rank on this site, but nothing is perfect in that regard.

To be honest I was clicking on this to report with the rest but.. since I saw it was a remark on this problem and not of this problem, I felt it worth commenting.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    We keep getting those. It is rather distressing, because it means that the creatures posting them at least believe that enough people are clicking on the links they post from here to warrant them to continue making accounts here, at least some of which of questionable legality. I wish an IP ban was an option, or make it so one cannot post functioning links below a certain rank on this site, but nothing is perfect in that regard.

To be honest I was clicking on this to report with the rest but.. since I saw it was a remark on this problem and not of this problem, I felt it worth commenting.
    Actually, pixies not being able to post active links is not a bad idea at all.
    One could always put links in the message. If it's intriguing enough, people will copy-paste the URLs.
    It'll just make sure that accidental clicking don't feed the trolls and give incentives to continue making accounts.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, all we can do at the moment is keep reporting them. I wonder why the homebrew forum gets it so much worse than the others?
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

5. - Top - End - #5
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: I only had to kill 8 in the forum this morning. It's been pretty light, recently. IME, Homebrew does not get more than the others; that goes to Gaming (though I don't sweep every forum). I suspect it is because homebrew has the second greatest number of threads. Also, please do not comment on spam; report it, and someone will be by to clean it up when they're able.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2015-07-30 at 08:43 AM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.