New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: The Titans' Folly [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Ran Yang Li nearly leapt to his feet, a glass of water offered swiftly. "Oh my! You...didn't know?" he asked, puzzled, standing still in case his aid was needed. "You...are a Goddess yes? You're certainly not a mortal. You're much to erm...perfect. As it were." He then motions to her form with another soft cough.
    Xiao'Shu ignored the glass of water, her brows scrunched together as she regarded Ran Yang Li before her. "What in the Blue Mother are you rambling on about? I'm Xiao'Shu. I am me. I don't know what you mean by mortal or goddess. Are you a goddess then?"
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Great Wolf

Avitus slowly adjusts to this new bright world he is in. His eyes blurry he paws at them trying to focus at them. He sniffs the dirt and catches his first scent and instinct takes over he stalks through the underbrush fallowing the scent, when he finally find his prey riding his kin Avitus lets out a low growl. As he watches from his shadow rises dark foul creatures that resemble hulking wolves with red eyes but there is a dark evil behind those eyes a hate that can't be defined. In unison they let out an ear piercing howl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Create Monstrous life -1AP - Worg 15/16 AP
    Last edited by arixe; 2015-07-31 at 02:03 AM.
    GENERATION 19

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Xiao'Shu ignored the glass of water, her brows scrunched together as she regarded Ran Yang Li before her. "What in the Blue Mother are you rambling on about? I'm Xiao'Shu. I am me. I don't know what you mean by mortal or goddess. Are you a goddess then?"
    "Well...God...yes" Ran Yan Li sighed, rubbing his temples a little before taking his seat once more as a servant appears with a small handkerchief to dab its lord's brow. "I'm not really sure how to put it. Everything's like a dim sum cart. There are beings that are Gods and there are beings that are mortals. And then there are beings that are...not either of those things but similar all the same. Take my Server here. She's not a mortal because when she dies her energy goes back into this plane. But take a cow." The Fox then motioned to a plate of glistening ribs, "when it dies...well I don't really know where it goes but the body remains all the same. And then we cook it. And enjoy it." he shrugged. "It's really not my interest....mortal or God or Goddess. The only things I'm interested in are...everyone being happy and the payment needed to achieve that. If it makes you happy to not be a Goddess, go with that. Until your feathers float but come, your food is getting cold! I'd hate for you not to enjoy it fresh though we can always get you more." The Fox then offered a smile, as charming as charming could be.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

"Well...God...yes" Ran Yan Li sighed, rubbing his temples a little before taking his seat once more as a servant appears with a small handkerchief to dab its lord's brow. "I'm not really sure how to put it. Everything's like a dim sum cart. There are beings that are Gods and there are beings that are mortals. And then there are beings that are...not either of those things but similar all the same. Take my Server here. She's not a mortal because when she dies her energy goes back into this plane. But take a cow." The Fox then motioned to a plate of glistening ribs, "when it dies...well I don't really know where it goes but the body remains all the same. And then we cook it. And enjoy it." he shrugged. "It's really not my interest....mortal or God or Goddess. The only things I'm interested in are...everyone being happy and the payment needed to achieve that. If it makes you happy to not be a Goddess, go with that. Until your feathers float but come, your food is getting cold! I'd hate for you not to enjoy it fresh though we can always get you more." The Fox then offered a smile, as charming as charming could be.
    "I'm full." She said, confused over Ran Yang Li's words. She placed her elbows on the table and with a gesture, she pointed a silver chopstick in his direction. "You're pretty strange. Funny. I'm Xiao'Shu. Don't really care, mortal or goddess..god..whatever. It's all about the apples and pears."

"Anyways." She placed the chopstick down and leaned back, rubbing her stomach with one hand while picking her teeth with the other. "As you can see, I really don't have anything for trade. Heh. Really though..Great food! Now how do I get out of here? Seems like there should be so much more to see out there!"
    Currently Playing

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm full." She said, confused over Ran Yang Li's words. She placed her elbows on the table and with a gesture, she pointed a silver chopstick in his direction. "You're pretty strange. Funny. I'm Xiao'Shu. Don't really care, mortal or goddess..god..whatever. It's all about the apples and pears."

"Anyways." She placed the chopstick down and leaned back, rubbing her stomach with one hand while picking her teeth with the other. "As you can see, I really don't have anything for trade. Heh. Really though..Great food! Now how do I get out of here? Seems like there should be so much more to see out there!"
    "Says the kettle yes? I told you that you got to eat for free. Don't be a stranger though." Ran Yan Li chuckled, motioning from where they came. "You can leave right where you came in from. I hope you do grand things. Would you like to take some food to go? Travel makes people hungry."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

"Says the kettle yes? I told you that you got to eat for free. Don't be a stranger though." Ran Yan Li chuckled, motioning from where they came. "You can leave right where you came in from. I hope you do grand things. Would you like to take some food to go? Travel makes people hungry."
    "Says the spoon." She said with a wide grin. "Yes! I will take some with me! Cant ever hurt!"

Xiao'Shu held out her gloved hands for more food to be given to her. Who was she to deny food freely given? The thought of it never even crossed her mind!
    Currently Playing

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Nodens and Valenadria
    [Valoden]

Valenadria climbs atop one of the wolves, patting it gently, if uneasily. The beast lets out a quiet growl, but does not protest further. She smiled at Nodens when her wolf quieted down. "Thank you." She said, intertwining her fingers in the wolf's fur so as to have a better grip.

"Let us go together." She offered, urging her Dire Wolf forwards. Nodens followed her, and the pair rode astride Dire Wolves for several minutes, crossing the grassy plain and entering into the nearby woods. Under the canopy of the trees, the light of the sun is dimmer. The snapping of twigs is easily heard as various animals scatter away from the Dire Wolves.

After climbing several small hills, they arrive at the cave. Valenadria quickly dismounts, walking into the cave. It is deep, the main chamber opening up after a 60 foot stretch of winding tunnel. The main chamber has a vaulted ceiling, and many stalagmites and stalactites divide the chamber into a few rough rooms. Nodding, Valenadria returns to the cave entrance, where Nodens is busy repaying the Dire Wolves for their services.

Movement in the distance draws the first maiden's attention, and she peers into the forest. A small group of figures standing upright with long hair walk towards the cave, still a ways off. Valenadria waves to them, attracting Nodens' attention. "Look, in the distance." She says, pointing to the group of figures. They have begun to walk faster, waving in return to the Elf Maiden. "We are not alone." She says, smiling.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2015-07-31 at 02:21 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"Says the spoon." She said with a wide grin. "Yes! I will take some with me! Cant ever hurt!"

Xiao'Shu held out her gloved hands for more food to be given to her. Who was she to deny food freely given? The thought of it never even crossed her mind!
    "Of...course..." The Fox only shook his head at the strange Goddess, almost tempted to try and explain but thought better of it. She wanted to leave after all and it was rude to keep guests to long. He motioned for the attending Server who quickly fabricated a large box and an assortment of food before placing it in the offered hands. "Allow me to walk you out?" he asked pleasantly, motioning towards the outside where the portal still sat as before, some forest creatures seemingly having been brought through while they ate.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"Of...course..." The Fox only shook his head at the strange Goddess, almost tempted to try and explain but thought better of it. She wanted to leave after all and it was rude to keep guests to long. He motioned for the attending Server who quickly fabricated a large box and an assortment of food before placing it in the offered hands. "Allow me to walk you out?" he asked pleasantly, motioning towards the outside where the portal still sat as before, some forest creatures seemingly having been brought through while they ate.
    Thrusting the box under one arm, Xiao'Shu firmly wrapped the other around Ran Yang Li's shoulders with a wide grin. "Walk on, oh strange one!"
    Currently Playing

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Ran Yang Li doesn't move to shrug off the arm, still regarding the Goddess with mostly confused curiosity and perhaps a little bit of judgement as he leads her back down the hallway they had traveled not long before. The portal stands open, thrumming softly in the otherwise silent air as an illuminated grove extends beyond. "Tell others of my Tea House yes? Should you meet them that is."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Ran Yang Li doesn't move to shrug off the arm, still regarding the Goddess with mostly confused curiosity and perhaps a little bit of judgement as he leads her back down the hallway they had traveled not long before. The portal stands open, thrumming softly in the otherwise silent air as an illuminated grove extends beyond. "Tell others of my Tea House yes? Should you meet them that is."
    "Yeah, sure. I suppose I can do that." She pats him on the shoulder before walking back through the portal. "Catch you around, Goldfish!"

Of the Elves and their unknowing gods

Xiao'Shu appeared through the portal, arriving at the break of dawn. She sheilded her eyes and looked up at the Sun in the horizon. "Huh. That wasn't there before. Suppose it's good that it is now."

"Hmmmm..." the goddess rubbed her chin before snatching a stick up off the ground and tossed it into the sky.

Spoiler: Stick Rolls!
    Show

(1d8)[6]

1.North
    2.South
    3.East
    4.West
    5.North-East
    6.North-West
    7. South-East
    8. South-West

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-07-31 at 02:50 AM.
    Currently Playing

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Of Elves and their unknowing gods

The stick fell with a thud to the ground and pointed to the North-West. "Well! I guess I am going that way then!"

Xiao'Shu immediately started walking in the direction that the stick indicated, box of food and sweets firmly tucked under her left arm. She counted her steps as she went. "Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen,..."
    Currently Playing

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

A wolf was hunting in the forest. The crisp autumn air allowed the smells of its prey to stand vividly in its sight against the softness of the fallen leaves. It saw and smelled multiple small creatures fut for a meal. However, one line stood out brightly, and if it was a smarter creature it would have choose another.

The wolf began to Hunt - it ran on all fours following that line of scent until its eyes saw in the distance a black hare. The hare jumped over a rock and down a hill of sorts and the wolf slowly stalked it. The Hunt was patient for although the Wolf can run very fast it knows that the clever prey can as well. There was a respect in the hunt after all.

The hare apparently was hunting as well although its quarry was a couple of berries on a small plant. The opportunity was perfect, the wolf was down wind and could pounce while the prey was distracted. The muscles in its legs tensed - its jaw hung slightly open ready to snap.

Then the hare turned and looked at it and spoke, alarmingly in the language of howls.

What a fearsome sight you are Child. Look at you and your power, your thirst for blood and prowess. Come closer so I may admire how a real hunter looks like.

And the wolf, not used to being flattered by its meals was taken aback. Not to mention that the howls from the hare were so soothing and peaceful and belayed of much respect for the wolf and its skills. It trotted closer.

Those teeth are like fine blades! How I envy your nobility Child, that fierceness! But I believe you can be fiercer yet, let me help you. Howl for me.

And the Wolf pleased with these comment began to howl, but suddenly it could not breath as it looked up it was surrounded with a thick smoke that smelled like burning fur. The Hare, which was off course YinBao whispered soothingly to it

Howl

And then the Wolf was ripped in two, its fur and skin cut in twain as the Black Hare pulled out a Long Steel sword with a hilt the shape of a wolf's head. The sword was laid on top of the carcass, which was steaming in the cold fall air.

And your howl shall be heard and felt as the clash of steel, and like you Child it will be glorious.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Alhammarret - Hammerheim, Shiv
    The Myr had formed the beginnings of a society with the boilers helping their industry in place of beasts of burden. Yet something was missing, some level of variety within the Myr that would help them specialize in the aspects of the growing society. First the Spark of Creativity created a prototype hive mind to help this new generation communicate amongst themselves. At first everything seemed well with the first hundred, leading Him to believe that the next step was ready.
    The first Subrace was based on the Titan He was born from and that erupted from the center of His land. These Core Myr were meant to brave the heat of the forge and help run the boilers. Just as with the wireless communication everything seemed well with the first batch of fifty. Yet such wouldn't be the case...
    The second Subrace, made at the same time, was meant to tend to the natural world that had called their island home. When they left the forge was the first instance something was wrong. Instead of the living constructs they were actually alive, with minimal construct traits. Still the Cog That Turns had hopes that these first fifty Earth Myr would still serve Hammerheim despite their differences.
    Alhammarret couldn't know but the act of innovation had left a bit of His spark in these new creations. In a sanctioned event the first two hundred received a celebration as His first act since forming the society. New experiences would be had as food and drink were provided for the Earth Myr that needed it, crafted from the native plants and birds. What's more the drinks were surprisingly alcoholic, something the more construct-like Myr didn't realize.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Alhammarret: 7

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Of Elves and their unknowing gods

Xiao'Shu had traveled for a good momemnt, counting every step as she went and plucking leaf samples as she goes, occasionally swatting at the odd fly or mosquito.

"Five-hundred and thirty two"

"Five-hundred and thirty three."

"Five-hundred and.."

Thud

She was too busy looking at her feet, she walked right into something.... or someone rather. She rubbed her forehead and looked up and saw standing before her a handsome elven man in a loincloth, decorated with clay and braids in his long hair and a rough jagged rock strapped with leather in hand. The Elf looked at her in confusion and she returned that look for a good moment. It was indeed a moment...As a matter of fact, the young lad thought that he might fall in love!

"Yoink." The silence was broken as Xiao'Shu reached up and lightly tugged upon the Elf's nose. She stepped around him and peered all around and took notice of all the other Elves, similarly dressed, painted and armed.

"Huh. Interesting." she said, a spin on her heels and she counted them all. "Fifty-three pointy eared buggers in total! Now that's a number! Say! What are you lot doing around here anyways?"

"We are the Swiftfeather Tribe. We move. Worgs have chased the prey from our old hunting ground and so we move in hopes of finding new prey." Replied the elf that she bumped into. "You may come along if you'd like."

"Hmmm... don't mind if I do actually." She said as she snapped out a large leatherbound tome and began to jot down notes in a flowing and loopy script. "Huh. What a thought. Hey, you lot come here. Let me show you something."

Spoiler: Xiao'Shu Actions
    Show

15AP Start
    -1AP Create Basic Concept, Writing
    -5AP Create Major Artifact, Big Book of Facts: -1Bonus to Create Sub-Concept.
    -0AP BBF Charge, Elven Language.
    9AP Remains

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-07-31 at 12:34 PM.
    Currently Playing

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Previously in Hammerheim
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    The Myr had formed the beginnings of a society with the boilers helping their industry in place of beasts of burden. Yet something was missing, some level of variety within the Myr that would help them specialize in the aspects of the growing society. First the Spark of Creativity created a prototype hive mind to help this new generation communicate amongst themselves. At first everything seemed well with the first hundred, leading Him to believe that the next step was ready.
    The first Subrace was based on the Titan He was born from and that erupted from the center of His land. These Core Myr were meant to brave the heat of the forge and help run the boilers. Just as with the wireless communication everything seemed well with the first batch of fifty. Yet such wouldn't be the case...
    The second Subrace, made at the same time, was meant to tend to the natural world that had called their island home. When they left the forge was the first instance something was wrong. Instead of the living constructs they were actually alive, with minimal construct traits. Still the Cog That Turns had hopes that these first fifty Earth Myr would still serve Hammerheim despite their differences.
    Alhammarret couldn't know but the act of innovation had left a bit of His spark in these new creations. In a sanctioned event the first two hundred received a celebration as His first act since forming the society. New experiences would be had as food and drink were provided for the Earth Myr that needed it, crafted from the native plants and birds. What's more the drinks were surprisingly alcoholic, something the more construct-like Myr didn't realize.

Show

Hammerheim, Shiv
    The Carousining

The myr, in their brief history, had not been much for partying. Beyond that, they were completely unaware of the effects alcohol had on flesh and blood creatures. That being said it takes little imagination to see where this would lead. The moment the first drop of alcohol touched the lips of an Earth Myr for the first time the world was changed in ways they had no way to be ready for. What was planned to be an orderly banquet and celebration began to slowly break down. The myr became boisterous for the first time. Shouting and pushing over the best food at the table lead to full on brawls in the dirt.

Others began banging on tables and howling, simultaneously inventing percussion and singing, while others again began to dance. The rhythm was hypnotic and many found themselves swept up in a great fervor. As the dancing grew wilder it became apparent that there was a divine spark spread through out the party. It throbbed with the dancing, fed on the fighting, and grew with the constant pounding of the music, and finally when the music hit a fever pitch The Innumerable was born.

All eyes turned skyward and a great howl escaped into the night. The fervor that had spread through the party became inescapable and bedlam broke out. The small brawls exploded into massive fights. The combatants were seemingly empowered by the madness taking over the party. Tables were smashed and trampled. Fires broke out through out the city as the party goers fled into the streets. Soon even the buildings themselves were being destroyed in the mayhem as myr gleefully threw each other through walls.

Spoiler: AP Tracking
    Show
    Starting AP: 16
    -1: Create Mundane Concept (Music)

-1: Create Mundane Concept (Dancing)

-4: Create Mythical Concept (The Fervor)
    The Fervor is an intense wild energy that grow out of groups of people overindulging and having fun. Those under it's effects are incredibly strong and resilient, but loose most of their mental capabilities. Its effects grow stronger the larger the group gets.
    -3: Divine Infusion (The Fervor)
    The Innumerable travel through the Fervor and exists within it. Where there are parties, they appear. Where there are riots, they appear.
    Remaining AP: 7
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2015-08-01 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    Nodens and Valenadria
    [Valoden]

Valenadria climbs atop one of the wolves, patting it gently, if uneasily. The beast lets out a quiet growl, but does not protest further. She smiled at Nodens when her wolf quieted down. "Thank you." She said, intertwining her fingers in the wolf's fur so as to have a better grip.

"Let us go together." She offered, urging her Dire Wolf forwards. Nodens followed her, and the pair rode astride Dire Wolves for several minutes, crossing the grassy plain and entering into the nearby woods. Under the canopy of the trees, the light of the sun is dimmer. The snapping of twigs is easily heard as various animals scatter away from the Dire Wolves.

After climbing several small hills, they arrive at the cave. Valenadria quickly dismounts, walking into the cave. It is deep, the main chamber opening up after a 60 foot stretch of winding tunnel. The main chamber has a vaulted ceiling, and many stalagmites and stalactites divide the chamber into a few rough rooms. Nodding, Valenadria returns to the cave entrance, where Nodens is busy repaying the Dire Wolves for their services.

Movement in the distance draws the first maiden's attention, and she peers into the forest. A small group of figures standing upright with long hair walk towards the cave, still a ways off. Valenadria waves to them, attracting Nodens' attention. "Look, in the distance." She says, pointing to the group of figures. They have begun to walk faster, waving in return to the Elf Maiden. "We are not alone." She says, smiling.
    Nodens and Valenadria
    [Valoden]

Nodens looked up from petting the direwolves, "What, where?' Looking up, Nodens saw a group of 14 elves walking towards them. "You two, behave yourselves." He commands the direwolves. One of them growls softly, but then stays quiet.

Walking towards the group. Nodens saw it consisted of a total of 10 elves. He saw that they were divided into two basic types, in the same way that he and Valenadria were different but clearly similar. Furthermore, each individual member of the group, man or woman had their own unique features that set them apart from the rest. "Hello there, fellow elves! What are your names?"

There was an odd moment of silence before one of the elves responded, speaking the same language that they all instinctual knew. The last elf, a female with white skin, brown hair, and blue eyes, spoke up last. "My name is Sláne. We were discussing what exactly this was before we stumbled across the two of you." With that, she holds up an arrow in both her hands.

An idea immediately flashes into Noden's head the moment he sees the arrow. "Please, let me use that... I think.... I know what that's used for." The female elf seemed puzzled for a moment before carefully handing over the arrow. Heading off away from the group, Nodens finds a large brantch in the forrest. It bends and contorts just as he wills it to, forming a curved shape. Looking up at the trees above him, he sees a large abandoned spiderweb and contorts it into a long, powerful string. Tying the string on the end of the bow, he headed back to the group just in time to see a large bear watching the elves with hungry eyes. As if it was second nature to him, Nodens nocked the arrow, took aim, and shot an arrow right into the bear's brain, killing it instantly.

"Incredible.... " he muttered to himself before heading back to the group, dragging the bear carcass with him. "I'm not sure how I know this, but i have a feeling that if we wrap ourselves in this fur, won't be bothered by the cold wind. Let me show you how it's done."

Spoiler: AP usage:
    Show

13 AP -3AP, -1AP -1AP= 8AP

1AP: Create mundane Concept: Hunting. Tracking, hiding from animals, how to skin and dress animals (but not how to cook them, or how to create fire). Yes, this includes how to make basic clothing from bearskins.

1AP: Create subconcept (Hunting) Archery. Includes how to make and shoot bows (but not arrows. Not yet anyways)

3AP: Create minor artifact: The first bow. A bow made from a tree branch and a spider string. Unknowingly forged with some of his own divine power. Immensely useful to him for now, considering that he's not a full fledged deity yet.

Last edited by Michael7123; 2015-08-02 at 06:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

This wouldn't do. Myr weren't meant to fight, to be loud, to dance, or party. He had created them to work, to build upon the boilers, and to invent in His name. That howl was the final straw and the Cog That Turns stood. Myr by Myr were grabbed and tossed into the void above, primarily those that had instigated the mayhem in the first place.
    By the time He was done the second generation of Myr, including those that had the wireless communications in place, roughly 5% of the population had been forcefully evicted to the space above the city. In the aftermath, Alhammarret set down and looked at His creation. He would need a better method to His future experiments. Instead of risking another outbreak of quick expansion He instead poured His energy into His lab. From it He could create smaller batches and make sure it worked before letting it loose on His city and the world beyond.
    The first of these new Myrs were based on the sea, designed to be calm and seaworthy for the boats that the Myrs were tinkering with. Wise and durable, they weren't as suited to heavy labor as the baseline Myr. In batches of ten and under heavy surveillance in case they acted up they were slowly released upon the weary public. After a month they were deemed acceptable by the population and allowed to work.

Show
    2=7-5: Create Major Artifact "The Foundry", Subrace variety!
    Foundry Charge: Blue Ocean Myr

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Graiyah - the Void

As those Myr were tossed into the Void, the quickly suffocated and died. Their revelries were brought to an abrupt end. This was not the end, however.

Life persisted.

Infused with a touch of the divine spark that had recently emerged from their revels, the Myr's bodies became fodder to the microorganisms that had been living on them. Something of the hive intelligence these Myr had been endowed with lived on in the primal urges and instincts of the tiny creatures that fed upon their flesh. As they continued to multiply and feed upon the dead, a base intelligence formed among them. The desire to eat, to reproduce, to live became overwhelming. When the resources they had lived on began to dwindle, this mass of base needs turned to the light of the sun nearby and began to adapt itself to feed directly upon its energies. This green mass grew and its sheer desire to live altered its surroundings to provide it with water and air as this green mass continued to feed on the light of the sun and grow.

A timeless eternity later, this latent being had evolved to sufficient size and complexity of design to have its first true thought.

We live.

As if this thought had ignited a flame of life throughout this floating mass in the Void, this now-thinking Green Life turned its thoughts outward to its surroundings and began to deliberately control its growth. Recalling some half-seen dreams of the world from which it originated, it sent forth shoots that grew into roots, trunks, and branches crowned with leaves speared the watery depths that had served as the cradle for this nascent godling.

As these Primal Trees grew both upwards and outwards, their roots interconnected and formed a network of entangled roots within the mass of algae that formed the core of its intelligence. With greater mass came greater clarity of purpose, and soon Graiyah had a second thought:

We must grow.

However, that brought the Green to its first problem. It did not know how to do this beyond a certain basic increase of its biomass. It was not sure why, but it was not satisfied with this. The great lumbering intelligence pondered this conundrum for now.

Spoiler: ap bookkeeping
    Show
    ap: 12=16-4(weave plane: the Greenscape)

The Greenscape is an approximately Earth-sized ball of water with an earth-like atmosphere surrounding it. Titanic trees grow throughout and serve as the plane's equivalent to land masses. Graiyah's core intelligence stems from the interconnected masses of roots and algae at the core of the plane.

and that's all the creative writing I have for now. I'll get back on again later to describe the first mobile life-forms Graiyah will form.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

A doe gracefully walked between the shafts of light which cascaded down between the branches of the forest. It walked in shadow for it walked towards it's death. But it walked with its head held high and its neck stiff with pride.

Towards the end of its journey, their were other animals in the shade. Hedgehogs and Boars, an Eagle and a Magpie, even a mighty Bear. Eventually it reached a quiet pond which was completely still. In the muted light the pond was like a mirror.

Drink Child

The doe looked around and saw that a Black Hare was on the other side of the pond. It saw itself reflected in its eyes. The Hare stood on its haunches like a small prince - the other animals gave the two of them Doe and Hare space to talk. The Hare suddenly jumped into the pond sending ripples into it. It swam to face the doe, its ears droopy, weighted down with water.

Drink Child, you've had a long journey and now it is over. I am proud of you.

The hare spoke it its soothing friendly voice as it treaded the cool water of the pond in shadow. The Doe was happy at its words, for it very much wanted to make the Black Hare proud. It dipped its head and tasted the water.

At first its crystal and pure - the sweetest water the doe knew, but before it could register with shock, it became salty and metallic, for the pond turned to blood.

Without, somehow, YinBao decapitated the doe. . . it's head falling into the pool of blood. The Doe's headless body sagged but remained poise, and proud like it was living. Shadowy hands grabbed at a dull grey object embedded in the Doe's neck. They pulled it out, and in a spray of arterial blood it came free.

It was a great hammer. It's grip, was in the shape of a hoof in honor of its forge. YinBao spoke to the corpse.

You should be proud Child, with this I shall beat into shape countless wonders. With your help so much blood shall be spilled. You and I will be the cause of so many wars. I am proud of you Child. Now rest.

Another Time, Elsewhere in the Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael7123 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Nodens looked up from petting the direwolves, "What, where?' Looking up, Nodens saw a group of 14 elves walking towards them. "You two, behave yourselves." He commands the direwolves. One of them growls softly, but then stays quiet.

Walking towards the group. Nodens saw it consisted of a total of 10 elves. He saw that they were divided into two basic types, in the same way that he and Valenadria were different but clearly similar. Furthermore, each individual member of the group, man or woman had their own unique features that set them apart from the rest. "Hello there, fellow elves! What are your names?"

There was an odd moment of silence before one of the elves responded, speaking the same language that they all instinctual knew. The last elf, a female with copper skin, brown hair, and hazel eyes, spoke up last. "My name is Sláne. We were discussing what exactly this was before we stumbled across the two of you." With that, she holds up an arrow in both her hands.

An idea immediately flashes into Noden's head the moment he sees the arrow. "Please, let me use that... I think.... I know what that's used for." The female elf seemed puzzled for a moment before carefully handing over the arrow. Heading off away from the group, Nodens finds a large brantch in the forrest. It bends and contorts just as he wills it to, forming a curved shape. Looking up at the trees above him, he sees a large abandoned spiderweb and contorts it into a long, powerful string. Tying the string on the end of the bow, he headed back to the group just in time to see a large bear watching the elves with hungry eyes. As if it was second nature to him, Nodens nocked the arrow, took aim, and shot an arrow right into the bear's brain, killing it instantly.

"Incredible.... " he muttered to himself before heading back to the group, dragging the bear carcass with him. "I'm not sure how I know this, but i have a feeling that if we wrap ourselves in this fur, won't be bothered by the cold wind. Let me show you how it's done."

Spoiler: AP usage:
    Show

13 AP -3AP, -1AP -1AP= 8AP

1AP: Create mundane Concept: Hunting. Tracking, hiding from animals, how to skin and dress animals (but not how to cook them, or how to create fire). Yes, this includes how to make basic clothing from bearskins.

1AP: Create subconcept (Hunting) Archery. Includes how to make and shoot bows (but not arrows. Not yet anyways)

3AP: Create minor artifact: The first bow. A bow made from a tree branch and a spider string. Unknowingly forged with some of his own divine power. Immensely useful to him for now, considering that he's not a full fledged deity yet.

The forest was quiet where the god and the elves walked. The rustling of animals was an under current and only those who trained to hear it would know that their was anything there at all. The elves, while trained in tracking were not at this moment engaging in it - their smell and relaxed careless strides alerted prey and predators alike. Animals fled, for courage is not fit for the wild. But they also stalked, for the forest always has eyes.

Regardless the elves only had one arrow between them. It was a precious tool - and one that would come to be tied to their very souls as elves. But thus far they only found one, and it's shaft was becoming bent and broken through repeated use. The arrow was, while the first, was only an arrow.

At first the elves perhaps tried to replicate the steel arrowhead by beating rocks into shape with other rocks. Flint, perhaps? These were rough tools, useful, but clearly pale imitations of the gleam of the metallic one their god held.

A rustling in the leaves occurred in the distance. The group followed it and saw a fox skinned and split in half, its organ meat already food for a variety of carrion birds. The fox's tongue was also split into two. Between the two halves laid a bloody sword. The elves, expert trackers couldn't see the marks of any hunter - indeed the death of this fox would have been a waste, for a real hunter only kills what it eats.

The sword was like their one arrowhead - it was made of metal and it had intricate engravings. The arrowhead had the fine embossment of feathers, while this sword's hilt was like two fox tails intertwined. An elf picked it up and swung with it relishing how the air parted with it.

The sword was clearly a tool of death, but it was also like art. The elves continue their journey away from the fox's disquieting remains. Along their path they used the sword to fend off a Bear, and other large predators. They understood its usefulness, but they couldn't replicate it. Instead they carried sticks sharpened to a point. They were slowly learning how to kill.

Beneath the flowers and fruit that the fallow trees bore they found more of the strange metal weapons. Each was accompanied by an animals corpse. A dagger by a split rabbit. A spear from the mouth of a long snake. Even a spiked gauntlet found from an eviscerated fish by a rivulet. They might have questioned it more, if it wasn't that the food was just as welcome as the arms.

Eventually, they walked into a clearing of tall grass in the woods. The grass was yellow in color and in the center of it, it gave way to moss and a gnarled cedar tree. As they walked towards it they saw glints and gleams of hundreds of metal arrow heads among the leaves of the tree like strange fruit.

They also saw a black hare resting underneath the tree. Having gone by without food for the better part of the day, one of the elves took out her bow and notched an arrow of flint she carved herself. She took aim and let loose.

The arrow plunged into the hare which awoke with a start. But the hare neither died or leap with fright, instead with the arrow through it, and blood staining and matting down its fur it turned towards the elf and spoke to them in their language calmly as if it did not miraculously escape death.

What a marvelous shot child. But your arrow. . . what poor craftsmanship. It is merely stone after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    16 AP

Concept 1 AP: Teach elves how to make Stone Age weapons - no steel, brass or Iron yet.

AP 5 Create Major Artifact: YinBao's Hammer - Ap Discount on Minor Artifacts.

10 AP
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2015-07-31 at 05:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Valenadria
    [Valoden]

Valenadria waved as Nodens and the others left to hunt. They would be back in a few days, and she promised that she would make the cave more of a home by then. After exploring the cavern within thoroughly, she left to find things to make it a home with.

She walked through the forest near the cave, stopping by a large yew tree. She placed a hand on it, feeling its knots and bark. It was majestic and tall, strong and proud like the Elves. Its branches were thick and powerful, like the limbs of a Dire Wolf. Some of its twigs and leaves had fallen to the forest floor, and as Valenadria knelt down to run her hand over them, she saw a gleam hidden among the pile.

With a curious twinkle in her eye, the first elf maiden reached out for the gleam, brushing aside leaves and twigs to find a beautiful object with a long, slender blade of sharp and beautiful metal. Its handle was wrapped in what Valenadria named leather, and the pommel was shaped like a hare's head.

With a gentle touch, she grasped the object, lifting it up and examining it closely. Such a beautiful item was foreign to her, but a word popped into her head. "Dagger." She said, naming the blade in her hands. Though she might not ever know it, it was one of the first. A weapon formed from the loss of a hare that had come willingly to its death.

"What wondrous thing could have made you?" She asked the dagger, standing and holding it firmly. Looking around, she spotted an odd bush covered in thorns, with balls of wispy white material stuck at the ends of its branches. Slowly she approached it, using the dagger to lift some of the fluffy white wisps from the bush.

As they came away, they formed into a long, thin and narrow sheet of material. It was as if she had woven it be simply touching it, though she did not think anything of it at the time. With a small amount of effort, Valenadria fashioned a long, flowing garment of white material. Though crude in appearance, it was soft and warm. Donning the dress, Valenadria walked barefoot through the bushes. "Cotton." She named the plants, running her fingers gently over the fluffy white material that each bush bore at the ends of its branches.

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    14 AP - 1 AP = 13 AP
    1 AP - Create Mundane Concept: Clothmaking
    Known to the Elves first, Clothmaking is the art of creating fabrics from plants and animals. Cotton is the chief material used for this by the Elves of Nodens and Valenadria. Anybody can learn this with relative ease now.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Chemosh went walking forming another form of the ghoul to be underwater. Then suddenly he was somewhere completely different. He looked back to see the portal he had stumbled through.

Whoops, sorry to intrude. I'm Chemosh. Chemosh says to who ever was happened to be on the otherside. He was thankful he had made clothes earlier. It wouldn't have done well to just walk naked into a portal. He added some clothes to the three ghouls next to him so at least they would decent.

Spoiler
    Show

13 ap
    -1 Creating Subrace: Lacedon. They have the same changes as the ghouls. They haven't been released onto the planet yet, just some with Chemosh and are ready to be made if Chemosh wants to make more.

12 ap

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Chemosh went walking forming another form of the ghoul to be underwater. Then suddenly he was somewhere completely different. He looked back to see the portal he had stumbled through.

Whoops, sorry to intrude. I'm Chemosh. Chemosh says to who ever was happened to be on the otherside. He was thankful he had made clothes earlier. It wouldn't have done well to just walk naked into a portal. He added some clothes to the three ghouls next to him so at least they would decent.

Spoiler
    Show

13 ap
    -1 Creating Subrace: Lacedon. They have the same changes as the ghouls. They haven't been released onto the planet yet, just some with Chemosh and are ready to be made if Chemosh wants to make more.

12 ap
    Ran Yang Li
    [The Tea House-Meeting the Dead]

The Tea House stretches out with wondrous light and scents to the Undead God once through the portal, the gateway thrumming quietly and almost happily behind him as the waters of the ocean don't seem to be flooding through by some mystical force. Servers, mask clad men and women in opulent dress, appear swiftly to usher the God inside to a table bedecked with what might appeal to a being such as it as if the plane itself was open in invitation. "Welcome Chemosh! There's no intrusion, after all you walked through an open door!" a lilting voice called from above, Ran Yan Li descending a spiral stair two steps at a time. Dressed in a smart vest and slacks the God looked dressed for a black tie event, complete with top hat and monocle. "How may I assist you, my new guest? Sit sit, enjoy yourself!"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

The opposite side of the world to Valoden
    New Lands and Beginnings:

Davanda woke up from her deep nap on the sun, slowly rising up back on her feet. She looked down at her creation with a smile on her face, it at least made a comfortable spot to sleep. She looked over to the world that she came from with a sigh of relief, the world looked much more healthy with the sun shining it's light down on it. Something about it though did get her attention that was annoying her, the sun only moved over land 12 hours per day. The rest of the time the suns light was only hitting the ocean. She thought that it would be a wonderful marvel for the sun to always be over the land of the world. She stepped off the sun, leaving it behind has she flew softly to the side of the world that was at the time day, but was only covered in ocean.

She stood high above the water below, it seemed to always move a little from the Sky's power over it. She looked down at the water seeming to be trying to find the perfect spot to complete the task she had in mind. When she determined that the ground down below was the perfect spot to start the task, she started to build her new land.

The sun shot down a great beam of light into the water, striking with so much power that the water near the beam was evaporated. The ground shook and then rose from the power entering it from above. The earth rose high into the sky, so high as to allow Davanda to be able to stand on it from her high perch. Once her feet touched the ground it switch from growing taller to growing wider.

It grew to cover mile after mile till even she could not see the end in all directions. It was a (mostly) flat plain of just dry dirt, at least till the plants and animals started to grow from the ground. For the sea life that died in the expansion of the land was given life anew as some of the inhabitants of this land.

Davanda looked at what she had created with a great swell of pleasure inside of her at the accomplishment of making this large land; but something was missing, there were no people to live in this world yet (she does not know about the elves). She began to feel lonely, for whatever she did no one would care about it, for beasts don't care about the land that she made.

She began thinking of a way to make intelligent life in this world, she sat down on the edge of the mountain she was on to rest for a while on this. Though when she placed her hand down on the ground it was pricked by a shard rock on the ground, causing a drop of blood to fall from her hand to the ground below as she brought it up to her face.

This drop of divine blood fell far down to the bottom of the great mountain, the wind blowing seemingly to push it away from the mountain on it's way down. It fell all the way down to the base of the mountain, staining a white rock that stood at the bottom with a smell speck of red.

Seeing this take place gave Davanda a idea that she wanted to explore. She floated down to were the rock was, and gave the stone a small tap from her staff, which made the blood glow and the rock crack open like a egg to the side of a table. The sun shot down a beam of light on the whole mountain range, making it so bright Davanda had to look away for a second. When she looked back her children were there.

A great number of people were made, 50,000 in total, who all stood facing their mother in their first moments of life. They all seemed to look like humans except for their green skin and red hair that were in their mid 20s. Davanda was shocked at the number of people, she did not even know what to say to them all.

"My-my children, welcome to the world. I brought you here to see this world with me. Know I love you and shall help you like any mother should." She was getting more confident and finished talking to the whole of them with "Now I think that we should work on building a home for you all!"

After that she went about organizing them into groups to find food and deal with the other jobs that needed to get done like gathering fire wood, finding a good place to sleep, ect.

Davanda for her part helped them here and there but tried to always let them learn by themselves first. A good example of her helping is the fact that the first clothing of man was made by Davanda.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    5 AP
    -2 Create Land-Denorla: Risen from the ocean on the opposite side of the world than Valoden so that the sun would always be bringing light to a piece of land. It is circular for the most part aside a few dents and bumps on the edges. It is mostly covered in plains with hills here and there that are forested. Lakes and rivers run across the whole of the continent. The only serious mountain range is in the center of Denorla were the First of Men live which is named Earths Grasp (or Erdan). It is the size of Australia.

-2 Create Sapient Life-First of Men: The first of men were different in the early days of the world. They wore green skin that glowed in the dark with a small spark of the sun within, and had hair that was as red as their mother's. The majority were also pure of heart, it was just not a thought most of the time to take the evil path in anything (they have "Any Good" as their alignment). Otherwise they are like humans as we know them.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    If your using the 3.5 rules First of Men must be good, favored class becomes cleric, and lose the bonus feat. Though they gain the ability to glow at will to the level of a torch.
    Over the years the blood of the first of men shall lose it's potency and most people shall be normal humans, but a few shall always show Davanda's original gifts.

1 AP
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-08-19 at 10:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Ran Yang Li

The laconde dig into the rotting water soaked flesh carefully using their hands being careful not to get any blood or meat on their clothes.
    Trying to get them to stop doing that. Makes bad impressions and it is not like they actually need to eat flesh. Just needed them to enjoy it in case they needed to spread by infection.

Not sure, I just stumbled in here while making these beauties. Perhaps you should introduce yourself? What do you do here?
    Chemosh says stroking the head of one of the munching laconde.

Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

On Top of Mount Erdan
    To Free the Beast and a New Chance:

As Davanda walked to the mountain she had created over looking the land and the people she made. All was well at the moment, both grew with each other. Though the worry never left her, it could not for her children. As she walked she saw a pile of rocks had fallen on something near the top. Davanda examined what lied beneath, praying to whatever there is above her that it was not one of her children.

Sadly she confirmed it was one of the mountain lions that roamed the region, it had died of dehydration on the mountain after being trapped under the rocks. Davanda did not want this, she wished she had known, it should have been saved she thought. She was determined to give this creature something to make up for her negligence.

She grabbed with both arms the large cat and finished the walk to the top of Mount Erdan (not an easy task for her frail arms). Here she looked down below the top where anything that fell would go straight to the bottom of the mountain. The sun was shining so brightly this morning, it's glow was facing Davanda right in the face. With the determination to save one that she could not before, she threw the mountain lion off the cliff.

The sun made a bright flash to those that would stand on the top of mount Erdan (which was only Davanda), so much so that it could blind even her. Davanda said while the sun shined so bright.

"Child of mine rise high above! Know that I shall always love you, even if I cannot help you in times of need."

The light was gone as fast as it came, leaving behind it's mark on the land. The rock on the top of Erdan forever after shined brighter than a polished mirror.

Spoiler: OOC and AP Actions
    Show
    Welcome to the game Holy-Hunter!
    AP 1
    -0 (Sun Artifact Bless): The top of mount Erdan has the ability to restore the dead back to life. If someone truly had no way to save another person, then they have a chance. If they carry in their own arms the body all the way up the mountain and throw it off at the top, the blessing activates. Either the person slowly falls down to the ground, alive once more, or they disintegrate into golden (not gold just colored) dust. This depends on if Davanda thinks that the mortal in question deserves the rest of death, or should continue life (everyone has a time). This only works if the person starts their climb at dawn and finishes before noon (hard to do with such a big mountain and the person needs to carry the dead body in their arms).
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-07-31 at 09:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Ran Yang Li

The laconde dig into the rotting water soaked flesh carefully using their hands being careful not to get any blood or meat on their clothes.
    Trying to get them to stop doing that. Makes bad impressions and it is not like they actually need to eat flesh. Just needed them to enjoy it in case they needed to spread by infection.

Not sure, I just stumbled in here while making these beauties. Perhaps you should introduce yourself? What do you do here?
    Chemosh says stroking the head of one of the munching laconde.
    Ran Yang Li

"I...see...it's more than alright. They're free to eat." Ran laughs, giving a small bow. "Why this is The Tea House my dear Chemosh and I am Ran Yang Li, the proprietor of this establishment. What I do here, friend, is make a person's desires become reality. Of course not for free but lets not talk business just yet, lets talk about you! What do -you- do?" The Fox then motions to the Undead noshing on their "food". "You've made these...things yes? What are they? They're not alive in any facet I can tell."

- - -

Ran Yang Li
    [The Tea House - The Cradle]

Ran Yang Li sat within the cradle, watching over the First World as best it was able and what it saw delighted him. Mortal creatures discovering things but the Gods were holding things closer to their chest. Worse still...they acted unlike Gods and more like Mortals themselves. These things simply wouldn't do and from The Cradle it spun another being, as it had been spun, not to aid the world but as if to attack it and with a single motion sent the Silver Spear down to the first world. The Mortals who witnessed it would call it Tesson.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Mount Erdan

The lifeless unnamed beast fell from the mountain plummeting towards the floor. The sun shone brightly off the reflecting stone and the beasts decent began to slow as life once again started to fill its body.

With the warm blessing embrace of sun and life, the shackles of death no longer bound her, gravity would not destroy or control her, but that wasn't enough for this creature. With her new life came some changes to her form.

Ursel stood in mid air, puffed out her chest and flung out her new wings, proudly holding them out wide on display.
    Standing there majestically in the air she looks over the glowing humans below like a mother might her child, then with a sudden powerful leap she springs into the sky.

She pauses, hovering at the top of the mountain. Looking kindly towards Davanda and gives a solid grateful nod.
    Without words she gives the unexplainable sense of 'I'll return soon' and then with an explosive flap of her wings shoots into the sky like she was aiming for the sun itself.

Soaring through the clear blue sky, the sun glistens off the metallic sheen of her feathers and the wind streams behind her as she joyfully goes faster and faster, twisting, twirling, diving and summersaulting in playful acrobatic displays.

Time isn't a concern as she blissfully circles the continent until the sun finally comes to set and she returns to her mountain. With the golden light of the sun setting behind her she lets out a mighty call that echoes over the land signalling her return and the departure of her beloved sun. She gazes over the land one last time before searching for Davanda and retreating into her cave for the night.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-07-31 at 09:13 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Tesson - The Ocean, somewhere between Valoden and Denorla

As Tesson's eyes opened for the first time as he shot down from the sky - a sly smile appeared on the humanoid form he took. Within an instant, he caused the land to rise up around him, creating an vast number of island. On his way down to the world, he had sensed these strange men - and so very quickly he copied the basics of what they looked like - though with several mistakes. The most significant of which was that his new race was far shorter, and had the color of skin that only the later humans would have. It was the first act of plagiarism, in any case, that created the Halflings. He taught the Halflings that if somebody had something they wanted - their best strategy would always be to either take it, or trick the other person into giving it to them. The same would go for ideas.

Tesson knew already his purpose - his goal would be to amass ideas and techniques from across the globe as quickly as possible. All he needed next... was how to figure out how to get the darn Halflings off the Archipelago's islands and onto the places where all the creatures with ideas would be. Unfortunately, on this matter Tesson found himself utterly stumped. He was not supposed to be an idea-guy. He was supposed to be a steal-ideas guy.

Spoiler: Tesson AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [16]
    AP Expenditure:
    Create Land (The Rogue Islands) [-2] - The Rogue Islands are a large archipelago that exist somewhere between Valoden and Denorla, and the original home of Halflings
    Create Sapient Life (Halflings) [-2] - Tesson creates Halflings - a short mockery of man, perhaps, but nonetheless ideal for Tesson's purposes.
    Create Mundane Concept (Stealing) [-1] - Tesson has introduced the idea of theft to the Halflings.
    Create Advanced Concept (Plagiarism) [-2] - Tesson has, alongside theft, introduced the idea of idea-theft.
    AP Remaining: [9]
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-07-31 at 09:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Ran Yang Li

They are something between death and life. The ultimate workers and soldiers never needing to eat, sleep or drink. I work towards a world where death is just the beginning. They have the ability to spread their blessing through infection. I have already spread the word of the benefits of becoming a ghoul and people should start choosing to become them. These ones are for when people start risking the open waters and inevitable start drowning. These ones will save them with the benefits of undeath. Chemosh says.

One of them swallows a piece of the meat. Can you please not refer to us as things. We are quite intelligent. It says before going back to eating.

Show