New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 3: Uh... can we get a mulligan?

[Felandria's House Temp Vigil HQ]

"I'd be surprised if they didn't, come to think of it," Wenomir says. "All the more reasons to examine them as best we can."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"She may have been corrupted before the battle," Wenomir says, forcing the words out. "It adds up. She had a staff that I'm pretty sure belonged to them. She killed DC, but earlier she played along with his paranoid ravings, according to Magtok. It seems completely irrational... unless she was corrupted and the demons were using her to sow chaos."

[Another training Session]

"That would be very useful. Cessie and I had an idea to build a flying base, actually," Wenomir says. "If we wanted to make this idea work, we'd need a lot of skilled workers and engineers."

Mia nods. " I guess they suit well for that task."
    "How did you plan to keep it flying? It sure needs a lot of energy for that."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm aware of that," Wenomir says with a nod. "It may be our biggest problem. I want to gather as much information as I can, and contact many people who have the knowledge in the subject. Eventually we might find an affordable way to power the airship. Having a flying base would have a lot of advantages."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

[Felandria's House]

"What you were planning to do, which is beat up bad guys, is good," Wenomir says with a nod. It's Felandria's decision, so there's nothing for him to say. "We need Vigil members out there, fighting. Apart from that, do you know of anything that might help us build an airship big enough to make it our base?"
    Felandria raises an eyebrow.

I mean...

You've seen my house, you're in it right now.

Shouldn't be hard to build a regular sized airship and make it bigger.

Failing that, get me some instructions for building a model airship, get me some wood and canvas and give me some room?

And if all else fails, my homeworld has some craftsmen who may be able to build something like that.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2015-08-31 at 02:26 AM.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #125

"I'm aware of that," Wenomir says with a nod. "It may be our biggest problem. I want to gather as much information as I can, and contact many people who have the knowledge in the subject. Eventually we might find an affordable way to power the airship. Having a flying base would have a lot of advantages."

"It's too sad we don't got some of the gems from my homeworld."
    Mia replies as she stands ready for the training.
    "They were able to convert sunlight, heat and even sprital power into electric energy. We placed them on top of our buildings or deep down to provide big city's with electricity. Something like this would be very usefull."

6. - Top - End - #126

"I'd be surprised if they didn't, come to think of it," Wenomir says. "All the more reasons to examine them as best we can."

"They've been passive lately but there are always others who might decide to attack us now so we need to be on the alert." Cessie says. "But perhaps we should digress, for now we'll focus on these 'demons' and if other threats pop up, we'll have a new meeting about it. I just need to know when we're going to have the memorial before I go."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Cessie

"The demons are our biggest worry, and AMEN may be dormant, but we should not overlook other threats," Wenomir says, then shrugs. "We'll have to manage somehow. I'll start the ceremony... tomorrow. After I've done some preparations."

Felandria

"It's not as simple as building a bigger airship," Wenomir says, shaking his head. "I'm not exactly a craftsman or technician myself, but I've been researching the problem. Making the whole thing hinge on a particular member, even one as powerful as you are, would be too much of a tactical weakness, as well. However, if you know any craftsmen from your homeworld who might know something, they might be of great help. Our biggest problem is fuel, really. We need a reliable source of energy that won't cost too much."

Wenomir raises his eyebrows.

"Interesting. Do you think we could get our hands on one of those? It would make the project a great deal easier."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria

"It's not as simple as building a bigger airship," Wenomir says, shaking his head. "I'm not exactly a craftsman or technician myself, but I've been researching the problem. Making the whole thing hinge on a particular member, even one as powerful as you are, would be too much of a tactical weakness, as well. However, if you know any craftsmen from your homeworld who might know something, they might be of great help. Our biggest problem is fuel, really. We need a reliable source of energy that won't cost too much."
    Jeez, I don't have the slightest clue about fuel, but I do know of a craftsman from my home that should be able to help.

Do you wish to accompany me there and you can talk to him in person?

9. - Top - End - #129

Cessie

"The demons are our biggest worry, and AMEN may be dormant, but we should not overlook other threats," Wenomir says, then shrugs. "We'll have to manage somehow. I'll start the ceremony... tomorrow. After I've done some preparations."

Felandria

Wenomir raises his eyebrows.

"Interesting. Do you think we could get our hands on one of those? It would make the project a great deal easier."

Mia nods.

"Sure, You should know I Have a high rank in my homeworld. If I ask I will get one." she says befor something else comes into her mind.
    "There is only one problem. I lost everything with the base so I don't got a way to contact my homeworld. We would need someone able to open a way there."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Temp HQ]

Wenomir strokes his chin.

"Hmm. Eventually, but not yet. I'd rather have a solid idea of what this base will look like before I start talking to craftsmen. But feel free to get in touch with him. What sort of craft does he practice, exactly?"

"That's a problem, yes. How did you contact your homeworld before?" Wenomir asks.

11. - Top - End - #131

Cessie

Cessie

"Very well. I will be there. We'll talk again then if I managed to get anything from my research." She nods. "Until then." The sorceress then leaves.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

[Temp HQ]

"Hmm. Eventually, but not yet. I'd rather have a solid idea of what this base will look like before I start talking to craftsmen. But feel free to get in touch with him. What sort of craft does he practice, exactly?"
    He's one of the finest dwarves craftsmen in all of Golarion.

He did a heck of a job building our tavern in my village.

13. - Top - End - #133

[Temp HQ]

"That's a problem, yes. How did you contact your homeworld before?" Wenomir asks.

"I used my staff and MDM for that matter. It allowed me to talk with them, but not travle there." Mia says
    "But both things are gone. MDM is dead and the staff is under the remains of the Vigil base."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

[Temp HQ]

"Sounds like he could be helpful to us. Contact him, and I'll ask for his help once we have a project for the airbase. In the meantime... feel free to go out and beat up bad guys like you wanted," Wenomir says.

This is awkward. Wenomir nods.

"I see. In that case, we'd have to find another person or item that can cross worlds, and hope we can reach your homeworld this way."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

[Temp HQ]

"Sounds like he could be helpful to us. Contact him, and I'll ask for his help once we have a project for the airbase. In the meantime... feel free to go out and beat up bad guys like you wanted," Wenomir says.
    I like the sound of that.

Think I'll do just that.

Fel grabs her stuff and heads out.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temp HQ]

More things!

Specifically in the form of a messenger crow, which lands outside the door and begins waiting circumspectly on a window sill. How do we know that it's a messenger crow? Because it has a letter tied to its leg.

It might attract more attention if it came rapping or so gently tapping on someone's chamber door, but that would be terribly rude.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

[Temp HQ]

Wenomir will retrieve and read the letter eventually.

18. - Top - End - #138

[Temp HQ]

This is awkward. Wenomir nods.

"I see. In that case, we'd have to find another person or item that can cross worlds, and hope we can reach your homeworld this way."

Mia nods.

"I just guess it would be a bit easier if I had at least my staff, but that's either under the remains of the base or in the demons possession."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2015-09-06 at 04:04 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"We might go back there to search the rubble eventually," Wenomir says. "But not yet. We need a proper base of operations first. But there ought to be someone out there who can help."

[Memorial Service]

Wenomir has erected a small stage in front of Felandria's house. He put up a board with four names: Kr, Dao, MDM and Thariza. The four Vigil members who died or went missing in the battle.
    Last edited by Morty; 2015-09-06 at 09:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

[Memorial Service]
    The Portal quietly approaches the stage. In his hands are a flower he picked, and a gift basket from Mallside. Not exactly the most sophisticated way to honor the dead, but then again, how are you supposed to honor those who came before you? Setting the gifts down on the stage he carefully looks over each of the names written on the board, committing each to memory.The Portal believes it important to never forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice, and though he never knew any of these people, he certainly respected them.

[Temp HQ]
    A bit later, The Portal teleports behind Wenomir. "Hey boss?" he asks abruptly, "who exactly are these AMEN guys? Do we have the resources to do anything about them?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Memorial Service]

Alice treads up to the stage as quietly as she can manage and looks morosely at the list of names.
    Not that she knew them. All dead or gone before she arrived. She's here because of the same reason they're gone. But still. Any of them here could die the same. Is what they're doing worth it? Oh, and also there should probably be some sympathy for these dead strangers. It gets hard to remember to care.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

[Temp HQ]

((Assuming it's not during the memorial service.))

Wenomir looks up from sharpening a long axe. He had a look of vague distaste on his face when he did so - like he didn't approve of the weapon he was holding.

"AMEN? They're a group of villains. They've been around since... forever, really. They live in a virtually unassailable volcano base. They haven't been much of a threat since our last battle with them. We couldn't destroy their base, but we broke their morale and crippled their leadership. Why do you ask?"

23. - Top - End - #143

Mia nods agiain." It's just a question how we can find someone. Should we just ask around or maybe ask Halo or Merc?"

[Memorial Service]

Mia comes here as well. From the remaining money she got any maybe a bit of Vigils remains she at least bought something fitting for this days dress code. The dress she wears is add by a black veil.
    In her hands she hold flowers like most people do, but those aren't normal flowers. In fact they are pieces of metal formed to look like the different flowers to take toa funeral. She will stad next to the Memorial, holding her tears back for now.

24. - Top - End - #144

[Memorial Service]

Cessie is of course there even like many others she didn't know many of the departed besides KR herself and she didn't even know her all that well. For the occasion she's dressed completely in black, but still not in a dress. The times she used a dress while in VIGIL were over, it simply wasn't practical enough for an organization like this and she didn't want to seem to distant from that goal. VIGIL was semi-militant after all.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Halfling in the Playground

[Memorial Service]

Adir Frescot is here. The antlered man fidgets in his body armor, sans mask, unsure how to stand or where to look. He frowns at the stage, at the names there. He knew... KR and MDM. The robot better than the woman, he thinks, as Mia and MDM have patched Adir up more than once.

Unfortunately, the woman happens to have been Wenomir's. He looks at the other man, across a little sea of heads and faces, trying to discern what pain he could be feeling.

Adir is conspicuously quiet, if just for the moment, while he waits in the stillness of the crowd for the service to commence. His thoughts turn inward as he wonders what he'd do if Sakura was just gone one day.

He bottles up that line of thinking rather quickly.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe not MERC. They're honest enough as mercenaries, but still not the kind of people I'd trust with our project. HALO... maybe," Wenomir says uncertainly. "I'm still angry at Tobias for pulling his stunt, but some of their number did help us during the fight, so they might be relied upon. To a degree."

[Memorial Service]

Wenomir turns to look at the assembled Vigilants and nods. Adir will notice that he does not look well at all. There are dark circles under his eyes and he altogether looks like a man who had the fight completely beat out of him. The bloody-minded stubborn refusal to back down that usually drives him is... gone somewhere. All that remains is a deep resolve not to fall to pieces. Of course, others in the assembly who are familiar with him might notice it too.

"We gather here to remember those who didn't make it back from the fight that destroyed our old home."

He stands in front of the memorial board.

"Dao. He joined us less than half an hour before everything went to hell. Tobias brought him to me, and then left to split off HALO. So I unfortunately know nothing about him, save his name. But he fought and he died in defence of our home. That makes him one of us, through and through. He'll be remembered as such."

"Thariza Brighthorn. She came to Vigil from HALO. Whether she wanted to join back there after the split, we'll never know, because she was in our base at the time, and she was overwhelmed by demons once the attack started. I knew her better than Dao, since I read the roster of HALO members after the merge. She seemed a good soldier. Not much initiative, but she was eager to fight the good fight. Whatever she would have done had she lived, a valuable fighter was lost."

"MDM. I'll let Mia, who knew him best, talk about him."

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes before opening them.

"Last, but definitely not least. Kr. One of our founding members. We don't know what happened to her. She might be dead. She might have been captured. Either way, she's gone. She was the most important person to me in the world, and now she's gone. Forgive me, but that's all I will say."

He moves back to let Mia take the stage.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Memorial Service]

Sakura is, of course, alongside Adir. She was quick to wear an uncharacteristic black when she learned of the significance from Cessie. The dryad has tears rolling down her cheeks. She didn't have to know any of the deceased particularly well for this to be sad.

28. - Top - End - #148

Mia nods. "We might get other options if we call out for them.The nexus should have someone to help us and who we can trust. "

[Memorial Service]

Mia takes a deep breath befor she steps up to the memorial board. She places the steel flowers next to the others and mumbles a few words. The flowers seem to bloom, befor Mia turns to the other Vigil members.

"It was ten years ago when I created MDM." she says with a strong voice. "Since then he was allways by my side. He protected me many times during these years: Some have been fearful, some have been sneaky and others we don't even see as threads. He was way more then just the amount of steel, iron and chopper he was made of. He got kind soul which, would he be able to speak with you, you would like him like I do." she sais.

"He was there, every time the base was attacked and even if he wasn't as strong as other members, he did his best. When the demons attacked, he was fighting back in the infirmary. I wasn't even able to do something befor I got saved. I understand that neither him or the Med-Bot's thought about using the same way to save him. I don't even know what happened after he left the infirmary. I can only guess that he was slain while fighting the demons. I wish I could find his remains to give him the great honour, sending his soul back to Deus Mechanicus. I'll pray for him and those that felt the same day."

She then fold her hands and mumbels a few words. Every machone, computer and such starts to share a warm aura, just like someone who gives you a hug. She then heads back to the other members.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll just have to explore our options," Wenomir says. "Now, are you ready for your training? I'd like to cover the basic strikes today."

((I can go into detail, or the training can happen off-screen. It's up to you.))

30. - Top - End - #150
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Memorial Service]

"Thank you, Mia."

Alice whispers, inclining her head. She didn't know any of these people, or this machine, but that last speech made her miss MDM all the same. And then this odd comforting warmth from all her machines.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine