New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,478 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 3: Uh... can we get a mulligan?

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Well, I know who you want to meet, and its a dude, so I was actually asking for your name. I mean, if you are regularly doing these sort of challenges, I might have heard your name mentioned somewhere." She replies.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

The woman blinks, then says, "Ah. I misheard you. My name is Illveria. And you are?"

3. - Top - End - #1473

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Anika Sunfletcher, doubt you heard that before, but I'm reasonably famous in my homeworld." She claims. "I haven't heard your name though, I'm guessing... newcomer? If so, pretty ballsy to challenge the supposedly best swordsmaster in the nexus." The druid grins.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

The woman nods and says, "You could say that, yes. Though don't underestimate me just because of that. I have a few tricks up my sleeve myself."

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

[Debate Night]

"Ideally, they'll be coming to Eastside and giving us their money." Stu laughs boisterously for a moment. "No seriously, that's pretty much exactly what we want. An amicable relationship where their citizens or members or what have you come to Eastside and have the time of their lives. The experience should be enriching for all of us! Everyone's a winner!" Stu raises his hands up like they all just won something spectacular.

Lowering them again, he continues. "Beyond that working relationship, they'll have their policies and we'll have ours and I see no reason to mix them, short of the occasional relief effort like we went over earlier with Southside. Like dearly departed Grandpappy Stu always used to say, live and let live."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Barbarian in the Playground

Command Center

The diplomat seems briefly confused when whoever's speaking to him through his helmet reveals that, no, Wenomir doesn't actually have a last name, and that surname he'd been given is in actuality, possibly some small fragment of the swordsman's True Name. A True Name that he's being ordered to forget about immediately, lest the magics involved cause some kind of trouble later on. Magic like that is never good news. Once that's settled, he bristles when the subject of removing the helmet. I mean, it was pretty much inevitable, but he really wanted to hope they could get through this entire meeting without removing the thing.

"...Right. I had a feeling this would happen. Helmet's only coming off for a moment, though. Command can't see what's going on and relay instructions when I'm not wearing the helmet. Also, I'd just like to say right now that I'm not who you're going to assume that I am, and to please calm down," Isaac says warily, before slowly lifting the helmet off his head.

"I haven't lied. I want to make that perfectly clear, I have not lied to, or misled anyone here. I'm on a diplomatic mission on behalf of The Faction, not Magtok. I am not Magtok," Isaac forcefully insists, even though he's clearly some sort of MagClone. Not quite an ordinary one, though. The entire right side of his face has some really, really nasty burn scars. It's more scar tissue than anything else, really. A pale, ashy gray, like the surface of the moon, and only slightly less pockmarked and cratered.

"It's a long story, full of drama, feuding, politics, and war. I'll go into it if you'd like, but the short version is that a number of us are no longer working for or calling ourselves Magtok, and we've come home to start anew. We aren't with MagCorp or the MagCave or MagAnything anymore. The Faction is not affiliated with Magtok," he repeats, as he puts the helmet back on, as he said he would. Probably for the best; he's not the easiest person in the world to look at, with that withered skull face he's got going.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #1477

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Hey, I'm not judging, save that for you opponent. He should be in that command center." She pauses, her right eyebrow raising. "I guess I could show you there." She starts strolling up the village. "Just don't touch anything, they're big on security around here."

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-02-10 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.