New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

[Fashion Section]

"It can be," Fayyaad admits. "Luckily, I can help. A hat, you say? Hmm. I could see you in a cap of some sort. Simple, but dignified."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam looks at the hats on a rack nearby and picks up a pretty basic baseball cap.
    "Really? Dignified? I'm not seeing it." he asks the tiefling.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

"I was thinking along the lines of this, actually," Fayyaad replies, reching out for a flatcap. "It has a certain elegant simplicity to it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam slips on the hat. It perches neatly between his large ears. Might need some adjusting.
    "A newsie cap? I guess. You really think it works with...all of this?" he asks, a hand gesturing at himself.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

"Certainly," Fayyaad affirms in a reassured tone. "Anything too garish or outstanding would just clash with your appearance. So I'd go for something like that, to ground it."

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

"Well, okay. You're the pretty one here." he says, scratching an itch under his vest.
    "Anything else? Maybe some tail rings?" he jokes.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

"Why thank you," Fayyaad says, then smiles. "I've known people who adorned their tails with things like that, but I never saw the appeal. There's such a thing as going too far."

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam chuckles. "Yeah I'd...rather not draw attention to back there. Was that everything, then?" he asks the tiefling.
    "It's odd. Most people are starting to stock up on coats this time of year but I don't feel any difference. Being weather-resistant is odd."

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

Fayyaad's eyebrows perk up.

"Weather-resistant? I envy you," he says. "I come from a much warmer place. My first winter here took me a while to get used to."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

Sam grins wryly.
    "What, did you think it was normal for folks to just walk around in the chill with just a vest on? I'm a pig, not a whale. Not that you shouldn't try eating a little more and even the playing field a bit for the rest of us."

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

[Fashion Section]

"I suppose it should have been a clue," Fayyaad admits, then tilts his head. "And really, there's only one of me. I won't hog all the good-looking people by myself, even if I don't start eating."

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Section

"Well, come on, pretty-boy. We have some things to buy." Sam says with a chuckle, gathering up the hat and the coat.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

A man covered in green, battle scarred armor walks in. He is carrying a Steyr AUG and on his back s a Model 700 and an M32 Rotary Grenade Launcher. In a handgun holster is a .44 Magnum revolver. On his belt there are several different grenades. He walks into Erin's Emporium and says in a deep, growling voice that would frighten most normal people "I need a stun gun, taser, tranquilizer gun, Nightstick, Stun Baton, and rubber 5.56mm NATO rounds. Do you have all of that?" He reaches into a side compartment on his leg armor and pulls out a piece of paper with a note from MERC describing the need for some nonlethal weapons. He pulls out a bag of emeralds worth roughly $500,000 and says "I don't have any paper money or gold right now, so will these emeralds do? Oh, and I'm supposed to tell you that Dena sent me." Although it's his normal tone, he sounds angry.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

An old clerk looks the note over.

"We have all of that, and as a MERC member, you're entitled to a discount. Wait here and I'll have it all brought out shortly."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

An old clerk looks the note over.

"We have all of that, and as a MERC member, you're entitled to a discount. Wait here and I'll have it all brought out shortly."
    Tier waits silently. He stands still and does nothing.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Another employee brings out all the weaponry Tier has requested and lays them out for inspection. They're all brand new and professional.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

Another employee brings out all the weaponry Tier has requested and lays them out for inspection. They're all brand new and professional.
    Tier inspects the weapons and scans them with his helmet for appraisal. He hands over the bag of emeralds and says "It was a pleasure doing business with you." The man takes bother gear and leaves

18. - Top - End - #588
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clao has been haunting the mall for a few months now. Not literally, the little cloth construct is no poltergeist. She hasn't talked to anyone since she started surveying the mall, she never ate or purchased anything. Some would claim to have seen under her hood, to a face with no features, just glowing circles for eyes. Most have only seen the three foot tall something figure wearing a dull gray woolen cloak that seems to be in the mall daily.

Today was going to be different thought Clao to herself. Today she was going to approach someone in an effort to get a job. She tried to think of where she might have seen a help wanted poster.

((Any store owners looking for labor?))
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant Enchante]

Harnetta arrives here and breathes out; she's in a reserved spot, and is wearing a nice, deep brown dress that leaves her arms exposed. She's also wearing lipstick to make her lips stand out a bit more, though she's evidently chosen to skip the other makeup she might have worn.

She's also here early, and realizes she shouldn't have arrived early, because it means she's waiting a bit antsy for her date to arrive.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant Enchante

Harnetta's wait won't be a long one, surprisingly enough. Perhaps only ten minutes after she arrives, her ears will pick up the sound of platinum coins clinking together, as if there were several dozen in a single coin purse. The sound is very soft, but her keen ears will sense its origin coming closer, and when it does, she'll see a rather gold woman walking up to the table. She stands a mere five feet tall, if one doesn't include the pair of sapphire horns that curve back over her head. Her golden skin is untarnished and glistens in the light like true gold, and her thick white hair is swept back before it goes down the back of her neck, around the front, and downwards just a bit to give her a thick mane. The devilish woman smiles when she sees Harnetta and steps closer, giving her a good look of her ruby eyes, matching her attire perfectly. The dress has a Mandarin flair, hugging her body and pointed padded shoulders. The dress goes down to her waist, meeting a black knee-length skirt. Both have plenty of golden thread woven into it, showing an intricate mountain and forest scene that shimmers with the Devil's skin.

Despite the sleeves, the woman chooses to wear a pair of white gloves, and despite not holding a purse or wallet or clutch, she still gives off that light sound of clinking platinum as she walks. "Hello." She says, smiling warmly with lips that are expertly covered in dark blue lipstick. "You must be Harnetta. I'm Denaria." She says, reaching up with her hand to brush a bit of her mane from her neck before offering it to the half-dragon. "It's a pleasure."

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant Enchante]

Harnetta's eyebrows go up when she sees her date, and follows the devilish woman to her seat, eyes wide in wonder. Harnetta reaches her own hand forward to shake, "It certainly is that. I hadn't expected someone quite so..." She trails off, looking Denaria over again, "Lovely feels like it should be the right word, but it doesn't quite do you justice."

And of course, the half-dragon is a tad uncomfortable in dresses still.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant Enchante

"Thank you. And you look rather dashing yourself."
    Denaria says as she slips into her seat with ease. After doing so, she gives a little squirm to get comfortable and makes that platinum sound again. "Though, I will say I don't mind my dates wearing pants if that's what you're more comfortable with." She says, leaning forward slightly over the table as she talks so she can look Harnetta over more closely. "I do wonder what you had been expecting though." She remarks, sultry voice full of mischief as she ponders.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2016-12-22 at 01:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant Enchante]

"I'm just not used to dresses. and i'll never be used to them, until I start wearing them more I guess." Harnetta shrugs, "besides, I figured i might try and be pretty for you, but evidently that's not working so well."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant Enchante

"Hey now, I did say you looked nice, you know."
    Denaria points out with a small frown that makes her purse her lips. After a moment however, she smiles in amusement. "You are plenty beautiful, but I'll point out that you've dodged my question. I'll let it slide though. This time." She adds, poking her tongue out in jest.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant Enchante]

"Fine, fine. To answer your question, I didn't have an idea of what you'd look like, and I don't like forming mental images of people until I meet them. That sort of thing leads to prejudice, and if there's anything i've learned, prejudices get people screwed over. So, you are exactly as beautiful as I was hoping you'd be."

Harnetta shrugs. She's telling the truth, after all.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant Enchante

"Mmm...flatterer. Shameless about it too, but I have no issues with that. You make a lonely girl feel wanted."
    She says with a grin. "So, tell me about yourself. Why're you here tonight?" She asks.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant Enchante]

"Because I haven't been in a serious relationship since a divorce about two years ago, and a person I... hesitate to call a friend, but I would call her friendly. She offered to set me up with some dates, and I figured 'why not?' And that I might meet someone I could love to spend time with that was also beautiful and interesting. I just didn't realize she'd find someone so perfect."

Laying on the charm a little thick there, aren't ya girl?

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant Enchante

"Laying it on a little thick there, aren't you?"
    Denaria asks, grinning to show she doesn't really mind before turning a bit more serious. "Sorry to hear about the divorce though. I can't say I've been in your shoes, but I've had my fair share of bad relationships. Though I admit none of them got to anything beyond the boyfriend or girlfriend point. Having your father be an Archdevil can do that." She explains with a shrug. "I hope that doesn't bother you."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

[Restaurant Enchante]

"We're not defined by the people our parents are. We learn from them, and we love them, but that doesn't mean we are them. Until you start sucking out souls in front of me, I'm fine," Harnetta smiles. Internally, that is extremely worrying, but they're here for a date, right? At worst, Harnetta thinks she's being used and... really everybody uses everybody. As long as there's some real affection between the pair, it's not an issue, right?

And it totally has nothing to do with the hoarding part of her draconic instincts saying 'I must have this GLORIOUS TREASURE'. Nothing at all.
    Last edited by Halae; 2016-12-22 at 07:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant Enchante

"By the UnderRealms, I don't want to barter for a soul much less Devour one. Do you have any idea how much paperwork is involved in such?"
    She asks, giving a visible shudder in horror at the thought. "The only action that's worse is attempting to corrupt a mortal. People always think it happens willy-nilly, but by the UnderRealms we take such a loss whenever it's attempted. Just the manhours alone in handling such..."